Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? 06:45 - Sep 25 with 3986 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60929/liam-cullen-ready-

Cullen latest, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 05:09 - Sep 26 with 1010 viewsjack247

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 23:17 - Sep 25 by onehunglow

I’m surprised so many average players deemed somehow great by our fan base
Gower the pigeon killer , de Guzman the penalty stealer ,Naughton the deceptively slow ,all decent but utterly deified without reason.

You never understood Routledge either.
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 07:11 - Sep 26 with 980 viewsRichardO

Gower the pigeon killer , de Guzman the penalty stealer ,Naughton the deceptively slow ,all decent but utterly deified without reason.

I don't think anybody is worshiping or regarding players as a gods just giving opinions how they see players value to the club at the level they are playing in.
If you asked me did you think the likes of Monk and Tate were good enough to play in higher divisions as the Swans progressed up through the leagues I would have said no but they did hold their own until ultimately they reached their level and were deem unable to compete at the level the team attained whether correctly or not given a chance by the manager at the time who was looking for a better quality of play and brought new players in to gain results.

As you say of the likes of the three players you mentioned some fans may of had soft spots for players but they reach their level and some deemed unnecessary, others move on and some just get older and cannot competed against younger faster players they once could.
Cullen has reached a level and has shown value as a squad player at this level and the verdict is out on Yates although again he has shown elements of his play to suggest there could be more to come, hopefully.
Would you like to see Cullen go, whether he is a local lad or not, I would like to see him stay rather than see him competing against us, as given time in this squad he may progress further he is scoring and providing assists.

So long live the Pigeon killers, Penalty Stealers and Slow aging players who make up our squad, we still have a few, sone will move on or will be moved on and will be deemed unnecessary or some may blossom into a wonderful source of revenue.
Just hope we see some winning football to see us at least be competitive in this league with the hope of future glory.
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 08:33 - Sep 26 with 943 viewsKeithHaynes

De Guzman was a class act. Marmite, but a class act for me.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 09:47 - Sep 26 with 916 viewspencoedjack

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 08:33 - Sep 26 by KeithHaynes

A thinking mans footballer
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 09:58 - Sep 26 with 908 viewsRichardO

Think some questioned his commitment in a one of one challenges but maybe he was protecting himself.
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 10:38 - Sep 26 with 882 viewsonehunglow

But not for me.
I and marmite doesn’t have to be divisive
I don’t like octopus

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 12:17 - Sep 26 with 823 viewsDr_Winston

He was absolute class. Whether or not someone rated JdG is an easy way to find out if they understand the game or not.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 12:23 - Sep 26 with 825 viewsonehunglow

Some rate Cullen,which now means they don’t know the game .
Few club fan bases are like ours,quite clearly.
All fans rate players .
All.

Login to get fewer ads

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 12:55 - Sep 26 with 794 viewsjasper_T

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 15:59 - Sep 25 by guthrieintherain

Yes 3 in 8 carry at this rate and he will get 17.

And that's in a team that has struggled to create much.

Part of the reason we've been struggling to create has been Yates inability to link play or hold it up. That's why he was dropped for Cullen despite nicking a couple of goals. The ironic thing is Cullen isn't very good at that side of the game either, we've just looked far more cohesive with Liam on the pitch. Every time the ball was being played forward it would be surrendered and come back at us (and then fans and manager blame players for not playing forward quick enough).

You get strikers sometimes who score regularly in losing teams, and get the benefit of the doubt due to persistent "lack of service" that they have a big hand in creating. Andre Ayew was like that for us in the PL, good goal return but Guidolin turned our form around by dropping him. Hopefully Yates settles in and improves as the season goes on, relatively big fee and he's got loads of competition now, with Duff going with one less striker recently as well.
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 13:22 - Sep 26 with 771 viewsKeithHaynes

Got to say it’s all a load of nothing under Duff, there’s nothing to put your finger on that enthuses or excites. It’s just bland.,

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 13:56 - Sep 26 with 738 viewsjack247

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 12:23 - Sep 26 by onehunglow

Some rate Cullen,which now means they don’t know the game .
Few club fan bases are like ours,quite clearly.
All fans rate players .
All.

How do you work that out?

Duff plays him ahead of Yates and Kukharevych. Blackburn clearly rate him.
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 14:03 - Sep 26 with 727 viewsonehunglow

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 13:56 - Sep 26 by jack247

How do you work that out?

Duff plays him ahead of Yates and Kukharevych. Blackburn clearly rate him.

You seem to have misunderstood
Cullen is seen as a good player by some but others less so.
Because one fan sees any player as worthy of approbation does not mean they “ know the game” at all.
Sport is complex as are the players. It is about perception and objectivity.
I think Cullen is a good young pro.
I thought Guzman was a good player but not worth of ineffable everlasting love
In contrast ,Gylfi Sig more fits that bill .

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 14:53 - Sep 26 with 676 viewsRichardO

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 14:03 - Sep 26 by onehunglow

Because one fan sees any player as worthy of approbation does not mean they “ know the game” at all.

Players deemed to be suitable fits in the team by the manager who is picking it may not always the best 11 as seen by others but one man does not make a team.
One player may be considered a saviour as an impact sub but surplus to requirement as a starter, players move on in hope of a brighter future. Football you can't please everyone all the time.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2023 15:10]
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 14:58 - Sep 26 with 661 viewsonehunglow

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 14:53 - Sep 26 by RichardO

Players deemed to be suitable fits in the team by the manager who is picking it may not always the best 11 as seen by others but one man does not make a team.
One player may be considered a saviour as an impact sub but surplus to requirement as a starter, players move on in hope of a brighter future. Football you can't please everyone all the time.

Class response Sir.
Jeez, you’re closing in on legendary status now

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 15:02 - Sep 26 with 657 viewsWhiterockin

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 14:53 - Sep 26 by RichardO

Cullen to me is a Jordan Ayew type player. Ayew is a valuable player for the team with an excellent work rate, not a high goalscorer but creates space for others. A regular in the Premier League for years. Cullen could be the same in the championship.
Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 18:13 - Sep 26 with 575 viewsFlashberryjack

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 15:02 - Sep 26 by Whiterockin

Cullen to me is a Jordan Ayew type player. Ayew is a valuable player for the team with an excellent work rate, not a high goalscorer but creates space for others. A regular in the Premier League for years. Cullen could be the same in the championship.

Sorry, but I find that comparison quite laughable.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 18:18 - Sep 26 with 570 viewsonehunglow

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 18:13 - Sep 26 by Flashberryjack

Sorry, but I find that comparison quite laughable.

Ayew is a solid member of a now established PL side .
We sold him for £ 2 m.

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 19:31 - Sep 26 with 530 viewsjack247

Liam Cullen ready to leave the Swans ? on 14:03 - Sep 26 by onehunglow

It’s fairly apparent that some fans know the game much better than others. I don’t place myself in that category at all.

Richard and Jasper are obvious examples. Even when I don’t agree with them, they explain themselves concisely and sometimes change my mind.

Others, seem to make snap judgements early on and stick to them stubbornly to save face.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and of course it’s entirely subjective, but if Dr W is saying he doesn’t respect the opinions of people who never rated deGuzman, I can see where he’s coming from.

As an aside, I think Jasper is being harsh on Yates. Yes, he’s not great at hold up play, but that’s what you get if you don’t play players to their strengths. I’m sure Kukharevych would bring that, but wouldn’t be as good pressing defenders or have the same work rate. He’d have to stay central too I’d imagine.

I don’t think he nicked those goals either. They were all composed finishes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024