Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Rodon 22:48 - Aug 8 with 15134 viewsraynor94

Agreed to join Leeds on a season long loan

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Joe Rodon on 08:32 - Aug 11 with 1674 viewsonehunglow

Joe Rodon on 21:48 - Aug 10 by Fireboy2

Because he had been let down by his advisors.

When he went to spurs he was on top of his game, they have fvcking ruined him.

Agreed

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Joe Rodon on 09:19 - Aug 11 with 1666 viewsRichardO

Joe Rodon on 08:32 - Aug 11 by onehunglow

Agreed

You could not accuse Rodon of not tiring maybe tiring too hard sometimes making rash decisions, does seem strange seeing as he had a seemingly successful run for Rennes and then not used, as previously stated given the option to buy maybe Rennes couldn't afford to risk triggering any clauses.
Which brings us to Leeds he just might be what they need at this level to bring a bit of quality and now experience to a defence that their relegation they obviously lacked.
Joe Rodon on 14:46 - Aug 11 with 1573 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joe Rodon on 08:32 - Aug 11 by onehunglow

Agreed

It is an elite league and any deficiencies will be found and exploited. Numerous Welsh prospects have failed to cut it. The welsh national team with out Bale is a Championship team wiith the big hopes failing to cut it.

Woodburn, Harris, Matondo, Rodon, Ward, Ampadu, Dan James Tyler Roberts. I expected them to flourish.

Bravo to Mepham (?) Brooks and CR17 for hanging on in there.

Cullen, Ollie Cooper, Cabango, Broadhead ares still on an iterative upward trajectory but might never make it.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Joe Rodon on 20:34 - Aug 11 with 1561 viewsSullutaCreturned

Joe Rodon on 22:00 - Aug 10 by Kilkennyjack

I dont respond on request from you. Sit down.

Carlton Palmer
Jay Boothroyd
Anthony Gardner
geoff Thomas
Andy Sinton
Ricketts
Seth Johnson
zat Knight
Gavin mcCann
Brian Deane
Steve Guppy
Francis Jeffers

All full England caps.
Some lions in that list sure enough.

None of them fit to clean Arfon Griffiths boots.

This isn't about what rubbish has played for England you donut, try, just for once, to answer the question you are asked. You're just like a politician, you get asked something and you spout a load of nonsense that is totally irrelevant.

Come on, when you are ready, a full list of those Welsh players you consider to be TOP players; otherwise you are hoisted by your own petard.
Joe Rodon on 20:59 - Aug 11 with 1545 viewsSullutaCreturned

Joe Rodon on 22:02 - Aug 10 by Kilkennyjack

Leeds are a bigger club than half the Prem.

You sound like a Cardiff fan there...we're bigger than you

Sunderland are bigger than Leeds but aren't in the Prem either, for the same reason, they aren't currently good enough.

Joe Rodon is also not in the prem because he is not good enough, not a top player.
Joe Rodon on 21:01 - Aug 11 with 1543 viewsraynor94

Joe Rodon on 22:02 - Aug 10 by Kilkennyjack

Leeds are a bigger club than half the Prem.

And

Joe Rodon on 21:05 - Aug 11 with 1532 viewsWhiterockin

Joe Rodon on 21:01 - Aug 11 by raynor94

And

What have they won. Little old Swansea have won more in recent times.
Joe Rodon on 22:27 - Aug 11 with 1497 viewsKilkennyjack

Joe Rodon on 20:34 - Aug 11 by SullutaCreturned

This isn't about what rubbish has played for England you donut, try, just for once, to answer the question you are asked. You're just like a politician, you get asked something and you spout a load of nonsense that is totally irrelevant.

Come on, when you are ready, a full list of those Welsh players you consider to be TOP players; otherwise you are hoisted by your own petard.

Sit down you donut ….

You list them if you want them.

Your statements are demonstrably rubbish.
You just dont like that i have pointed it out.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Rodon on 22:42 - Aug 11 with 1491 viewsraynor94

Joe Rodon on 22:27 - Aug 11 by Kilkennyjack

Sit down you donut ….

I'm still waiting for your response to Chris Gunter!

Joe Rodon on 07:55 - Aug 12 with 1443 viewsSullutaCreturned

Joe Rodon on 22:27 - Aug 11 by Kilkennyjack

Sit down you donut ….

My statements are demonstrably rubbish yet you cannot demonstrate that.

Funny isn' it.

This is just you doing what you do when you are shown up yet again, running away.

Point settled then, Wales does not produce many top players.
Joe Rodon on 11:28 - Aug 12 with 1403 viewslifelong

Joe Rodon on 07:55 - Aug 12 by SullutaCreturned

My statements are demonstrably rubbish yet you cannot demonstrate that.

Funny isn' it.

This is just you doing what you do when you are shown up yet again, running away.

Point settled then, Wales does not produce many top players.

For a country with a 3 million population I think we have produced a fair amount of top players.
Joe Rodon on 22:47 - Aug 12 with 1350 viewsKilkennyjack

Joe Rodon on 11:28 - Aug 12 by lifelong

For a country with a 3 million population I think we have produced a fair amount of top players.

This is a matter of fact.

Joe Rodon on 22:55 - Aug 12 with 1346 viewsBadlands

Joe Rodon on 14:46 - Aug 11 by ReslovenSwan1

It is an elite league and any deficiencies will be found and exploited. Numerous Welsh prospects have failed to cut it. The welsh national team with out Bale is a Championship team wiith the big hopes failing to cut it.

Woodburn, Harris, Matondo, Rodon, Ward, Ampadu, Dan James Tyler Roberts. I expected them to flourish.

Bravo to Mepham (?) Brooks and CR17 for hanging on in there.

Cullen, Ollie Cooper, Cabango, Broadhead ares still on an iterative upward trajectory but might never make it.

Why did you expect Rodon and James to flourish?
Rodon hardly played and James hadn’t improved since his under 18 days.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Joe Rodon on 22:56 - Aug 12 with 1345 viewsKilkennyjack

Joe Rodon on 22:42 - Aug 11 by raynor94

I'm still waiting for your response to Chris Gunter!

Why are you asking me about Gunter ?

I did not list him.

Joe Rodon on 08:53 - Aug 13 with 1284 viewsSullutaCreturned

Joe Rodon on 11:28 - Aug 12 by lifelong

That wasn't the claim though, Kilky said Wales produced MANY top players. A fair amout yeah, proportionate to our size, yeah.

But many...nah.

How many top players in Wales current squad? None?
Joe Rodon on 09:58 - Aug 13 with 1245 viewsraynor94

Joe Rodon on 22:56 - Aug 12 by Kilkennyjack

Why are you asking me about Gunter ?

I did not list him.

You said only 3 players had reached 100 caps, I'm pointing out the bar is not set very high

Joe Rodon on 21:22 - Aug 13 with 1174 viewsSullutaCreturned

Joe Rodon on 22:47 - Aug 12 by Kilkennyjack

This is a matter of fact.

Nah, it's a matter of opinion. You can't or won't produce a list of those Welshmen you consider to be top footballers. That's because you know there won't be many names on that list.

I'll even start you off.

Allchurch, Medwin, Charles, Giggs, Bale, Toshack, Southall...

However, because even you seem to realise how silly a comment it was you'll run and hide as usual.
Joe Rodon on 21:44 - Aug 13 with 1161 viewsFireboy2

Joe Rodon on 21:22 - Aug 13 by SullutaCreturned

Nah, it's a matter of opinion. You can't or won't produce a list of those Welshmen you consider to be top footballers. That's because you know there won't be many names on that list.

I'll even start you off.

However, because even you seem to realise how silly a comment it was you'll run and hide as usual.

Off top of my head, Rush, Hughes, Ratcliffe, Cliff Jones to add to your list.
Joe Rodon on 22:34 - Aug 13 with 1129 viewsJackDragon

Joe Rodon on 21:22 - Aug 13 by SullutaCreturned

I'll even start you off.

Can I ask what are the parameters for deciding what a top footballer is??? I only ask because just like Fireboy I consider Rush and Hughes to be top footballers yet both moved to European giants and all things considered failed. STID
Joe Rodon on 11:09 - Aug 14 with 1048 viewsSullutaCreturned

Joe Rodon on 22:34 - Aug 13 by JackDragon

Can I ask what are the parameters for deciding what a top footballer is??? I only ask because just like Fireboy I consider Rush and Hughes to be top footballers yet both moved to European giants and all things considered failed. STID

Yes but even a top payer can fail at a club. Bale wasn't well liked at Real Madrid but he's still obviously a top player.

I'd say a top player is a first choice at a top club. Being an international for a small country is no barometer.

Rush and Hughes, Liverpool and Man Utd so top players. Chris Gunter has over 100 caps but surely only a fool would say he was a top player?

I think Wales had a better team in 1958 than we have ever had since. In 65 years we have never had as many top players in one side, usually 3-4 is all we manage. That's why we have co-opted some dubious Welshmen like Pat Van den Hauwe and Vinnie Jones.
Joe Rodon on 12:10 - Aug 14 with 1023 viewsJackDragon

Joe Rodon on 11:09 - Aug 14 by SullutaCreturned

Yes but even a top payer can fail at a club. Bale wasn't well liked at Real Madrid but he's still obviously a top player.

I'd say a top player is a first choice at a top club. Being an international for a small country is no barometer.

Rush and Hughes, Liverpool and Man Utd so top players. Chris Gunter has over 100 caps but surely only a fool would say he was a top player?

I think Wales had a better team in 1958 than we have ever had since. In 65 years we have never had as many top players in one side, usually 3-4 is all we manage. That's why we have co-opted some dubious Welshmen like Pat Van den Hauwe and Vinnie Jones.

Not being liked and failing are two very different things. Bale very clearly didn't fail at Real other than failing to win over the supporters. Surely a top player doesn't fail to produce no matter who he plays for. Isn't that what makes a top player??? Or are we going down the Sky Sports route and they have to be a TOP TOP player . STID
Joe Rodon on 13:02 - Aug 14 with 995 viewsSullutaCreturned

Joe Rodon on 12:10 - Aug 14 by JackDragon

Not being liked and failing are two very different things. Bale very clearly didn't fail at Real other than failing to win over the supporters. Surely a top player doesn't fail to produce no matter who he plays for. Isn't that what makes a top player??? Or are we going down the Sky Sports route and they have to be a TOP TOP player . STID

I didn't say Bale failed, I said he wasn't liked but was obviously a top player.

Even top players can have bad days or even weeks. Even Messi and Ronaldo have had mares.

In any sport the best players can have bad days but the best players bad day is still better than other players good days.
Joe Rodon on 13:38 - Aug 14 with 967 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What have you guys got against Gary Speed and Dean Saunders?
I would even rate Ben Davies as a top Defender, who don't get rated very much.

ps I would suggest for the UK anyone who can hold down a team position in a top 10 Prem club or ist division club of the period would be classed as a top player, ignoring the other international leagues of course.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 13:50]
Joe Rodon on 13:51 - Aug 14 with 948 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joe Rodon on 22:55 - Aug 12 by Badlands

Why did you expect Rodon and James to flourish?
Rodon hardly played and James hadn’t improved since his under 18 days.

I believe all Swansea players are well schooled and given the best opportunity to flourish. I expected James and Rodon to knuckle down and gradually improve month by month until peaking at around 25 -256 years of age.

James like Tyler Roberts spent time under one of the Worlds most respected coaches in Bielsa but have appeared not to a have improved at all. Has James been working on his final ball and shooting? I cannot see any improvement. James does not seem to have developed tricks. Step overs, dummies, feints.

McBurnie another who has completely lost his way since leaving.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 14:02]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Joe Rodon on 13:55 - Aug 14 with 944 viewsJackDragon

Leon Britton, Gylfi Sigurdsson. Do we consider them to be top players??? STID.
ps. I do
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024