Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lunatics/Asylum 18:44 - Apr 23 with 3737 viewsFireboy2

I see the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

We win a game that most didn't give much of a chance, we play fantastic football, have got 19 pts out of 21 yet the usual suspects are out pedalling their negativity.

I honestly do not know how these people manage with life
Lunatics/Asylum on 07:48 - Apr 24 with 794 viewsmagicdaps10

Lunatics/Asylum on 20:41 - Apr 23 by Whiterockin

There's nothing queer as folk mate. Just look have a wry smile and move on. If someone has to try and convince complete strangers that they are always right it's laughable.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 20:43]

Spot on there, it's about picking the right time......easy to get caught up in something.
Pick your moment and not say anymore, silence is a strong tool and you let them carry on and inevitably ends up with them trying to convince themselves and it gets to the point that they think they believe it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Lunatics/Asylum on 08:42 - Apr 24 with 750 viewsSTID2017

For me there are two simple choices.
1 - Support a manager who is clearly going nowhere at this present time and is clearly starting to make progress ( in spite of an owner who clearly seems ready to pull the transfer out from under him again)
2 - Constantly slate a manager - in spite of all stated above
Number one for me every time.
Some on here will always be of the " Oh well done - but ..." even if we do a "Burnley" next season
Too much happening in real life to be that negative over the Swans all the time for me

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Lunatics/Asylum on 09:01 - Apr 24 with 743 viewsonehunglow

Lunatics/Asylum on 20:33 - Apr 23 by Fireboy2

I get what you are getting at vetch.

BUT you and others still have to go back and regurgitate the past instead of being positive and look forward, that is the point I am making, no matter how good ot will get you and others will always go back to the bad times.

To me you imo are natural pessimists and only look at the negative side of things, be it football or any other subjects whereas I and I think most of other posters are positive, it's just the way people are.

All I saw from the aftermath from yesterday's game on here from the anti Martin bunch was coulda, woulda, shoulda, in respect of the whole season,which I thought was quite sad considering what we have been through,whereas most posters were over the moon at the continuing upturn in form.

I guess that's the way people are and I guess you lot will never be happy until we get back into the PL, win the FA cup, PL then the European Cup 🤷

You wanted him gone .

It seems it’s your turn to chide the non believers

We are very prone to internecine fan fighting

Asylums and lunatics are not really good choice words in this context
[Post edited 24 Apr 2023 9:03]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Lunatics/Asylum on 09:06 - Apr 24 with 733 viewsonehunglow

Lunatics/Asylum on 20:19 - Apr 23 by KeithHaynes

I am loyal to no man Vetch.

I see his vision as appropriate to our club, his journey as that of a man who is highly principled, loyal and willing to learn and adapt. ( he is adapting I agree ) I also see his values and training methods as suited to developing players not on everyone’s radar which fits the clubs rationale in player trading.

And I don’t see another manager in the English football system doing this.

For me that’s not loyalty that’s common sense.

With respect Keith,that second paragraph is very akin to fan worship.
The way we have played has been anything but common sense.
Now,we are never going to aggressively on this so maybe the likes of fire boy and his friends need to grasp that simple fact

Finally, most wanted him gone only a couple of months back

Fact

Lunatics/Asylum on 09:34 - Apr 24 with 718 viewsSTID2017

Lunatics/Asylum on 09:01 - Apr 24 by onehunglow

You wanted him gone .

It seems it’s your turn to chide the non believers

We are very prone to internecine fan fighting

Asylums and lunatics are not really good choice words in this context
[Post edited 24 Apr 2023 9:03]

Difference is though with the likes of FB and myself is our views are not set in stone.
Yes we were all angry and upset with everything that happened when we were losing too many games.
Likewise we can enjoy the good games and praise the manager and the team when deserved.
The few stalwart pessimistic types on here are very wearing

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Lunatics/Asylum on 09:44 - Apr 24 with 711 viewsFireboy2

Lunatics/Asylum on 09:34 - Apr 24 by STID2017

Difference is though with the likes of FB and myself is our views are not set in stone.
Yes we were all angry and upset with everything that happened when we were losing too many games.
Likewise we can enjoy the good games and praise the manager and the team when deserved.
The few stalwart pessimistic types on here are very wearing

It's quite funny seeing them come on in the good times trying to bring the mood down by bringing up the bad times, that is the point of this topic.
Lunatics/Asylum on 10:05 - Apr 24 with 703 viewsjohnlangy

Lunatics/Asylum on 20:35 - Apr 23 by Dr_Winston

To be honest he's done almost nothing thus far to suggest that he's "highly principled, loyal and willing to learn and adapt".

Principled? If looking to pushing blame anywhere else is principled then his principles aren't worth much. Loyal? He jacked in MK in a heartbeat to move here and if offered a better job elsewhere he'd no doubt do the same to us. The last bit he's shown even less tendency towards so far.

Maybe he's finally grasped it. I hope he has. It's taken him long enough but if he does now finally understand that playing silly passes in a three man defence is a virtual guarantee of conceding idiotic goals then it's a step in the right direction. If he understands that a midfield three of Grimes, Fulton and Allen ordered to sit deep and pass, pass, pass offers us little going forward then even better. If he realises that you can't win games by pass count alone then we might be getting somewhere.

It's probably too late to make the playoffs this year, but if we keep doing what we're doing rather than revert back to his default then we could have a decent chance next season.

'Maybe he's finally grasped it. I hope he has. It's taken him long enough but if he does now finally understand that playing silly passes in a three man defence is a virtual guarantee of conceding idiotic goals then it's a step in the right direction. If he understands that a midfield three of Grimes, Fulton and Allen ordered to sit deep and pass, pass, pass offers us little going forward then even better. If he realises that you can't win games by pass count alone then we might be getting somewhere.'

He does seem to have accepted that there needs to be variation, ie not short passing in dangerous situations at every opportunity. Doing that all the time meant that there was always going to be a a mistake at some point. Mixing it up has obviously been a good thing.

The second thing about pass, pass, pass. It is/was frustrating at times. And agreed it appeared to give us little going forward. On the other hand there are 18/19 other teams in the league who would love to have scored as many goals as us. So something about it was right. Those two things married should give us a great chance next season. We'd be ecstatic at the moment if we'd scored the same 61 goals while conceding 8/9/10 less than we have.

A few on here are very defensive of the owners and i'm not going to argue whether they are right or wrong. But it would be criminal if they (the owners) didn't provide the funds in the summer to strengthen the squad for next season. If Morgan Whittaker goes to Rangers and Manning leaves there'll be around £6 million available from transfers out (including the Obafemi money). And with six players having left in Jan (Oba plus fringe players) plus Morgan and Manning that will have saved around £30,000 a week on salaries. RM should be given all that money plus more hopefully (a sensible amount more) to bring in maybe 4 players. Two natural full backs, a different extra forward (different from Piroe and Cullen) and a fast wide player. At the moment when the keeper sends the ball long it almost always comes straight back and if we want that variation then we need someone up front who can win those balls.

The current run is seven games but I remember that when people commented on the three (?) games before the run they said the performances were good and they could see results were about to change. I haven't gone back to check, i'm just saying that from memory. So ten games suggests it's not a flash in the plan, that maybe Russ's methods are really starting to work (i'm being deliberately positive here).

Add to that the fact that some players are giving so much more than at the start of the season. Nathan Wood is a completely different player. He's improved massively. Ntcham can now play the full 90 minutes and is starting to show he's the player we know he can be on a consistent basis. And Liam Cullen. I couldn't believe that he was our second choice forward in a championship team. And what's happened ? He's scored nine goals and had quite a few assists which is a brilliant return. He has scored some tap ins but you have to be in the right place to do that. Jay Fulton was a real fringe player at the start of the season. Now he's an integral part of the squad. And having Liam Walsh back is actually having a new player in the squad bearing in mind the fact he's been out so long.

I could go on but i'm boring myself now. All i'll say is that we've got to hope that we keep all the others who other teams may come sniffing around. Fingers crossed..
Lunatics/Asylum on 10:32 - Apr 24 with 652 viewsonehunglow

Lunatics/Asylum on 10:05 - Apr 24 by johnlangy

'Maybe he's finally grasped it. I hope he has. It's taken him long enough but if he does now finally understand that playing silly passes in a three man defence is a virtual guarantee of conceding idiotic goals then it's a step in the right direction. If he understands that a midfield three of Grimes, Fulton and Allen ordered to sit deep and pass, pass, pass offers us little going forward then even better. If he realises that you can't win games by pass count alone then we might be getting somewhere.'

He does seem to have accepted that there needs to be variation, ie not short passing in dangerous situations at every opportunity. Doing that all the time meant that there was always going to be a a mistake at some point. Mixing it up has obviously been a good thing.

The second thing about pass, pass, pass. It is/was frustrating at times. And agreed it appeared to give us little going forward. On the other hand there are 18/19 other teams in the league who would love to have scored as many goals as us. So something about it was right. Those two things married should give us a great chance next season. We'd be ecstatic at the moment if we'd scored the same 61 goals while conceding 8/9/10 less than we have.

A few on here are very defensive of the owners and i'm not going to argue whether they are right or wrong. But it would be criminal if they (the owners) didn't provide the funds in the summer to strengthen the squad for next season. If Morgan Whittaker goes to Rangers and Manning leaves there'll be around £6 million available from transfers out (including the Obafemi money). And with six players having left in Jan (Oba plus fringe players) plus Morgan and Manning that will have saved around £30,000 a week on salaries. RM should be given all that money plus more hopefully (a sensible amount more) to bring in maybe 4 players. Two natural full backs, a different extra forward (different from Piroe and Cullen) and a fast wide player. At the moment when the keeper sends the ball long it almost always comes straight back and if we want that variation then we need someone up front who can win those balls.

The current run is seven games but I remember that when people commented on the three (?) games before the run they said the performances were good and they could see results were about to change. I haven't gone back to check, i'm just saying that from memory. So ten games suggests it's not a flash in the plan, that maybe Russ's methods are really starting to work (i'm being deliberately positive here).

Add to that the fact that some players are giving so much more than at the start of the season. Nathan Wood is a completely different player. He's improved massively. Ntcham can now play the full 90 minutes and is starting to show he's the player we know he can be on a consistent basis. And Liam Cullen. I couldn't believe that he was our second choice forward in a championship team. And what's happened ? He's scored nine goals and had quite a few assists which is a brilliant return. He has scored some tap ins but you have to be in the right place to do that. Jay Fulton was a real fringe player at the start of the season. Now he's an integral part of the squad. And having Liam Walsh back is actually having a new player in the squad bearing in mind the fact he's been out so long.

I could go on but i'm boring myself now. All i'll say is that we've got to hope that we keep all the others who other teams may come sniffing around. Fingers crossed..

Class post.
Object lesson for us all

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024