Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City : We can go up this season ! 13:10 - Sep 19 with 1336 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58586/swansea-city-we-ca

An indie opinion backed up by Ryan Manning.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 16:12 - Sep 19 with 1212 viewsBadlands

Absolutely we can.
Automatic would be a stretch but the final play off place is currently just 3 points ahead of us.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 16:25 - Sep 19 with 1207 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

I’ve said it a million times and I’ll keep saying it. All we need to do is cut out the stupid mistakes and we’ve got a very good side for this level. When we aren’t gifting teams goals by overplaying in silly areas we defend very well. We have one (two if the others one sorts his head out) of the most lethal strikers in the league. If it wasn’t for a few individual brain farts we’d probably be sitting on at least an extra 7 points by now.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 17:02 - Sep 19 with 1165 viewsCatullus

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 16:25 - Sep 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I’ve said it a million times and I’ll keep saying it. All we need to do is cut out the stupid mistakes and we’ve got a very good side for this level. When we aren’t gifting teams goals by overplaying in silly areas we defend very well. We have one (two if the others one sorts his head out) of the most lethal strikers in the league. If it wasn’t for a few individual brain farts we’d probably be sitting on at least an extra 7 points by now.

If we'd played the all of our games like we have in the last 2 then we'd be up there and not far behind the leaders.

Martin has made changes and we are better, lets hope we stick with the newer ways and get both Piroe and Oba firing!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 17:22 - Sep 19 with 1137 viewsBadlands

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 17:02 - Sep 19 by Catullus

If we'd played the all of our games like we have in the last 2 then we'd be up there and not far behind the leaders.

Martin has made changes and we are better, lets hope we stick with the newer ways and get both Piroe and Oba firing!

The last two opponents have come to play football and that lets us play.
The next bua parking side that we take on and we will be back to hanging on for dear life or chasing a win and letting them in.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 17:26 - Sep 19 with 1130 viewsDr_Winston

The Championship is a very schizophrenic division and any team who puts a run of 4/5 wins together can bounce from the lower reaches to the upper very quickly, as Forest demonstrated last season.

There's not an awful lot of quality there, so if we can maintain a bit of defensive solidity whilst getting both Piroe and Oba scoring the goals that they're capable of then there's no reason why we can't make the top six.

Equally, if we continue to muck up as we have done too often in the last six months then we could easily find ourselves stuck at the arse end.

Time for Russell Martin to earn his money.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2022 17:27]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 17:29 - Sep 19 with 1121 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 17:26 - Sep 19 by Dr_Winston

The Championship is a very schizophrenic division and any team who puts a run of 4/5 wins together can bounce from the lower reaches to the upper very quickly, as Forest demonstrated last season.

There's not an awful lot of quality there, so if we can maintain a bit of defensive solidity whilst getting both Piroe and Oba scoring the goals that they're capable of then there's no reason why we can't make the top six.

Equally, if we continue to muck up as we have done too often in the last six months then we could easily find ourselves stuck at the arse end.

Time for Russell Martin to earn his money.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2022 17:27]

We need to be more lethal in front of goal, we won't get as many chances as Saturday in most games.
Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 17:32 - Sep 19 with 1100 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 17:29 - Sep 19 by Whiterockin

We need to be more lethal in front of goal, we won't get as many chances as Saturday in most games.

Yep, which makes the talk of leaving Obafemi out of the equation basically nuts IMO.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 17:40 - Sep 19 with 1087 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 17:32 - Sep 19 by Dr_Winston

Yep, which makes the talk of leaving Obafemi out of the equation basically nuts IMO.

Both forwards need to up their game, in different ways, IF they want a move. We won't sell unless we get the price and terms we want, potential buyers won't pay looking at what the currently see. Hopefully we can all kick on from here.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 18:30 - Sep 19 with 1038 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 17:40 - Sep 19 by Whiterockin

Both forwards need to up their game, in different ways, IF they want a move. We won't sell unless we get the price and terms we want, potential buyers won't pay looking at what the currently see. Hopefully we can all kick on from here.

Obafemi needs to understand it’s his decisions that will make his future.
Nobody else.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 18:37 - Sep 19 with 1033 viewsheatwave

Here we go again 1 win and we're promotion contenders. We are at best mid table. Unfortunately.
Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 18:42 - Sep 19 with 1024 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 18:37 - Sep 19 by heatwave

Here we go again 1 win and we're promotion contenders. We are at best mid table. Unfortunately.

The players belief in Martin in the majority though is good to hear. As we said in the article, the end of October is the bench mark.

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 20:15 - Sep 19 with 938 viewsjojaca

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 18:42 - Sep 19 by KeithHaynes

The players belief in Martin in the majority though is good to hear. As we said in the article, the end of October is the bench mark.

Not a hoping hell, don't let one win cloud our judgement. This is the worst squad we have had since our league one days. I told my son ten minutes into the game that Hull were not challenging the 50/50's and not playing for their manager. We will struggle bottom half of the table this season.

Even when you know, you never know?

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 20:21 - Sep 19 with 931 viewsheatwave

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 18:42 - Sep 19 by KeithHaynes

I get that but last season was the same players crowing over the way we play. We challenged the playoffs after a good run of about 6-7 games unbeaten around March/April. We managed to finish 16th. I sincerely hope your right and he continues with his adapted style.
I just can't jump on any bandwagon without seeing some consistency
Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 20:41 - Sep 19 with 908 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 20:21 - Sep 19 by heatwave

I get that but last season was the same players crowing over the way we play. We challenged the playoffs after a good run of about 6-7 games unbeaten around March/April. We managed to finish 16th. I sincerely hope your right and he continues with his adapted style.
I just can't jump on any bandwagon without seeing some consistency

The article isn’t really my opinion, it’s Ryan Manning’s with an agreement as to what he says is right. To a point.

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 21:36 - Sep 19 with 858 viewsdantheswansman

The way i see it is we lack consistency, there is nothing wrong with that squad, they are absolutely fantastic when they stop messing around at the back (fisher) and play the ball forward, we have the players to hurt anyone if they get the service they should be getting, Obafemi can win who knows how many penalties with his threatening attack play, we just need players to want it, they don't most of the time, we look like a completely different side when we are pushing forward instead of looking for some miracle pass, they need to take chances and goals will come, i hate the perfect pass looking squad these lot seem to have been told they should be, bollocks to that, sometimes a long ball into a dangerous space is more than enough, we always starve our strikers and right now we have two of them that can really hurt teams, so so frustrating, and please for the love of god keep Fisher out of the starting squad
Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 21:43 - Sep 19 with 838 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 21:36 - Sep 19 by dantheswansman

The way i see it is we lack consistency, there is nothing wrong with that squad, they are absolutely fantastic when they stop messing around at the back (fisher) and play the ball forward, we have the players to hurt anyone if they get the service they should be getting, Obafemi can win who knows how many penalties with his threatening attack play, we just need players to want it, they don't most of the time, we look like a completely different side when we are pushing forward instead of looking for some miracle pass, they need to take chances and goals will come, i hate the perfect pass looking squad these lot seem to have been told they should be, bollocks to that, sometimes a long ball into a dangerous space is more than enough, we always starve our strikers and right now we have two of them that can really hurt teams, so so frustrating, and please for the love of god keep Fisher out of the starting squad

Frankly,Fisher should have suffered the same fate as Bennett.He cost us and is costing us. We cannot afford this type just becaue Russ liked him.

We have never remotely replaced Fabianski.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 22:01 - Sep 19 with 827 viewsnyc_swans

in fairness, there will be about 22 teams having the same thought right now given that there may not be a "great" team in the division this year and lots of parity.

realistically anybody who goes on a long run of form could make it. i question whether there is sufficient depth in this squad. as in most years, the teams with the most resources (usually from parachute payments) will start to separate themselves around the turn of the year. however, the world cup this year is an unknown element. it's really hard to make a guess at this point.
Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 22:05 - Sep 19 with 822 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : We can go up this season ! on 21:43 - Sep 19 by onehunglow

Frankly,Fisher should have suffered the same fate as Bennett.He cost us and is costing us. We cannot afford this type just becaue Russ liked him.

We have never remotely replaced Fabianski.

Fisher does t play in goal, Benda does.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024