Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Games Off 11:41 - Sep 9 with 11660 viewsdna

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/62846756
Games Off on 19:01 - Sep 11 with 1391 viewsReslovenSwan1

Games Off on 19:53 - Sep 10 by jack247

If you’re talking about people flying over from America to watch Clarissa Shields, then that’s a different kettle of fish. We weren’t discussing boxing here. Maybe ask on a boxing thread?

For what it’s worth though I think

1. Whoever was promoting that fight, as well as the FA and cycling, come out of this weekend with more credit than the rugby, cricket etc governing bodies.
2. Fighters having to redo/amend a training camp is a ball ache for them, but pales into insignificance compared to the Queen dying.
3. The vast, vast majority of people complaining weren’t going to these events anyway, they are just annoyed they don’t get to watch on tv. That’s not a hardship.

It is disgusting treatment of fans who pay their wages. I am £150 out of pocket because the EFL not following the lead of the EBC. The EBC show greater consideration to cricket fans than the EFL do to football fans. Trevor Birch 's judgement is continually poor. He had the full Swansea squad sitting in front of a BLM logo without having a clue what they were about.

I sat in a bar listening to a musician in front of three customers. The bar owner told me he had lost £4000 in taking for Saturday night with the PL not on.

Show biz has it right. "the show goes on". I cannot rely on football authorities who had FA cup semi finals played in stadiums with no safety certificates in the past.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Games Off on 19:02 - Sep 11 with 1387 viewsshingle

Games Off on 18:47 - Sep 11 by jack247

Then good on the BBBC.

If you can’t differentiate between the Queen and a bog standard 96 year old woman, then I can see why you hold the view you do.

‘Millions of others are being forced to do stuff they don’t want to do’….No. Don’t make nonsense up. Football and boxing got postponed. That’s all. Nobody got forced to do anything.

Did the queen die of old age yes she did was she 96, yes she was, who has mentioned bog standard old woman certainly not me as i would not be that ignorant it would be interesting to see how you would end up if you said that to the face of a grandson of the bog standard old woman as you call them, and of course millions are unable to do what they want to do otherwise they would have gone to the football and all the other stuff they were stopped from going to, at least you have admitted you did not have a clue what you were talking about with your good for the BBBC comment
Games Off on 19:10 - Sep 11 with 1367 viewsReslovenSwan1

Games Off on 13:09 - Sep 11 by trampie

That is absolutely disgraceful, we have two English teams (Man U and West Ham) playing on the day the Queen died and now we have teams just down the road from her residence playing against the FA's and English schools wishes, talk about disrespecting the Queen and English football it's disgraceful.

The working class 'fellows' can be inconvenienced (like me) and low life boxing fans, but for the the posh sports and cricketers they assume does not apply to them. The lower classes expect to be sh't on and will not complain.

Birch and co will b get a lot of credit for putting my nose out of joint and it will give him brownie points in the search of a gong. The Cricket and Eton people do not need credit and gongs are a certainty anyway. Good for the administrators and bad for their stakeholders.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Games Off on 19:16 - Sep 11 with 1349 viewsjack247

Games Off on 19:02 - Sep 11 by shingle

Did the queen die of old age yes she did was she 96, yes she was, who has mentioned bog standard old woman certainly not me as i would not be that ignorant it would be interesting to see how you would end up if you said that to the face of a grandson of the bog standard old woman as you call them, and of course millions are unable to do what they want to do otherwise they would have gone to the football and all the other stuff they were stopped from going to, at least you have admitted you did not have a clue what you were talking about with your good for the BBBC comment

Punctuation mate.

I know very little about boxing. I’ll happily admit that.

Did she serve the country for 70 years - yes
Was she a global icon - yes
Does her passing merit a bit more respect than most? - we differ on that one

And just to reiterate, you were able to do pretty much whatever you wanted on the weekend, you just couldn’t watch live football or boxing. Nobody was forced to do anything.
Games Off on 19:28 - Sep 11 with 1327 viewsSirjohnalot

Like I said earlier, one of the main reasons, in reality, was down to policing, if anyone watched the transport of the queen to Edinburgh today, the police operation was huge. There was proclamations in every town and city in the uk today, so planning had to be in place for that plus the police presence yesterday in London.

Police presence for a cricket match with a much lower capacity and risk assessment would be easier to police, plus it was one venue as opposed to goodness knows how many in the football league.

All hands were needed on deck and football would have been a low priority
Games Off on 13:39 - Sep 12 with 1218 viewsTenbySwan

Its difficult to see Sky having a super Sunday the day before the Queen's funeral
Games Off on 14:45 - Sep 12 with 1195 viewsSirjohnalot

Games Off on 13:39 - Sep 12 by TenbySwan

Its difficult to see Sky having a super Sunday the day before the Queen's funeral

It may well be that this weeks games are off. With the queen being subject to the public viewing the coffin (bizarre behaviour in my mind) people could be queuing up to 30 hours ! Police operation will be huge.

That with people arriving from all over the world, security will be something we’ve never seen in this country.

Would imagine football will be well down the pecking order
Games Off on 14:49 - Sep 12 with 1182 viewstrampie

Arsenal v Eindhoven gone.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 14:57]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Games Off on 17:46 - Sep 12 with 1115 viewstrampie

Man U v Leeds gone
Chelsea v Liverpool gone
Brighton v Palace previously gone

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Games Off on 18:31 - Sep 12 with 1090 viewsshingle

Games Off on 19:16 - Sep 11 by jack247

Punctuation mate.

I know very little about boxing. I’ll happily admit that.

Did she serve the country for 70 years - yes
Was she a global icon - yes
Does her passing merit a bit more respect than most? - we differ on that one

And just to reiterate, you were able to do pretty much whatever you wanted on the weekend, you just couldn’t watch live football or boxing. Nobody was forced to do anything.

Yep we certainly know you nothing about Boxing lol and if i could do whatever i wanted at the weekend i would have been able to go and watch my nephew and the rest of his 11 year old football team mates play in there Saturday morning football games and enjoy what they have looked forward to all week but they were stopped from doing so, but i will admit cowardly guys who use a forum to bravely call old woman aka our Grandmother`s bog standard because there not privileged has got my back up, no doubt someone like you feel will safe saying something like that on a forum rather than saying it to someone's face out there in the real world.
Games Off on 18:39 - Sep 12 with 1075 viewstrampie

No more games been called off according to recent statements a few having their kick off times changed.

Games Off on 19:03 - Sep 12 with 1048 viewsjack247

Games Off on 18:31 - Sep 12 by shingle

Yep we certainly know you nothing about Boxing lol and if i could do whatever i wanted at the weekend i would have been able to go and watch my nephew and the rest of his 11 year old football team mates play in there Saturday morning football games and enjoy what they have looked forward to all week but they were stopped from doing so, but i will admit cowardly guys who use a forum to bravely call old woman aka our Grandmother`s bog standard because there not privileged has got my back up, no doubt someone like you feel will safe saying something like that on a forum rather than saying it to someone's face out there in the real world.

If you’ve taken me saying the Queen wasn’t a bog standard 96 year old woman as a personal attack on your grandmother, I’m not going to apologise for your stupidity. That’s on you.

If either of my grandmothers were still alive, I’d have happily made the same comment to them, as they both had the common sense to know it was an inoffensive, accurate comment.

I literally said you could do anything you wanted apart from watch live football or boxing.

As for knowing nothing about boxing, absolutely correct, it’s a football forum. I don’t know anything about golf or tennis either. I’d rather that than not be able to control what I post.

I thought you were drunk the other day if I’m honest.
Games Off on 18:07 - Sep 13 with 973 viewsshingle

Games Off on 19:03 - Sep 12 by jack247

If you’ve taken me saying the Queen wasn’t a bog standard 96 year old woman as a personal attack on your grandmother, I’m not going to apologise for your stupidity. That’s on you.

If either of my grandmothers were still alive, I’d have happily made the same comment to them, as they both had the common sense to know it was an inoffensive, accurate comment.

I literally said you could do anything you wanted apart from watch live football or boxing.

As for knowing nothing about boxing, absolutely correct, it’s a football forum. I don’t know anything about golf or tennis either. I’d rather that than not be able to control what I post.

I thought you were drunk the other day if I’m honest.

You are a shizer house of epic proportions, you proved that by calling old people bog standard because they are not privileged which is an attack on anyone's grandmother or father and being a shizer you are now trying to twist what you said and worm your way out of it.
Games Off on 18:58 - Sep 13 with 948 viewsjack247

Games Off on 18:07 - Sep 13 by shingle

You are a shizer house of epic proportions, you proved that by calling old people bog standard because they are not privileged which is an attack on anyone's grandmother or father and being a shizer you are now trying to twist what you said and worm your way out of it.

Read the sentence you pleb.

“If you can’t differentiate between the Queen and a bog standard 96 year old woman….”

Word for word. That isn’t insulting anybody. You let your anger convince you I’d said something different.
Games Off on 17:51 - Sep 14 with 916 viewsshingle

Games Off on 18:58 - Sep 13 by jack247

Read the sentence you pleb.

“If you can’t differentiate between the Queen and a bog standard 96 year old woman….”

Word for word. That isn’t insulting anybody. You let your anger convince you I’d said something different.

Nope you are trying to twist and worm your way out of what you said and still are, that is what Shizer houses like you do, come to think of it three other posters have owned you on this thread alone is that telling you something, and now you call me a pleb along with other names and then say i am the one that is angry lol.
Games Off on 17:58 - Sep 14 with 905 viewsKeithHaynes

Games Off on 14:45 - Sep 12 by Sirjohnalot

It may well be that this weeks games are off. With the queen being subject to the public viewing the coffin (bizarre behaviour in my mind) people could be queuing up to 30 hours ! Police operation will be huge.

That with people arriving from all over the world, security will be something we’ve never seen in this country.

Would imagine football will be well down the pecking order

Not only that it’s about what the police prevent every day that is unseen by the vast majority of us.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Games Off on 19:47 - Sep 14 with 892 viewsjack247

Games Off on 17:51 - Sep 14 by shingle

Nope you are trying to twist and worm your way out of what you said and still are, that is what Shizer houses like you do, come to think of it three other posters have owned you on this thread alone is that telling you something, and now you call me a pleb along with other names and then say i am the one that is angry lol.

What is wrong with you?

You’ll have to explain how you think I’m trying to twist and worm my way out of what I said when I just repeated it verbatim. I stand by it completely.

I’m not sure who you think has owned me or how, but it’s difficult to gauge how your mind works.

I’ve never met you, I can only judge you on your posts and based on them, yes, you’re a pleb.

You also admitted you were angry earlier in this conversation (only because you misunderstood the term ‘bog standard’) but you said it yourself.

Quite a difficult thing to do, but you’ve managed to own yourself here.
Games Off on 18:14 - Sep 15 with 853 viewsshingle

Games Off on 19:47 - Sep 14 by jack247

What is wrong with you?

You’ll have to explain how you think I’m trying to twist and worm my way out of what I said when I just repeated it verbatim. I stand by it completely.

I’m not sure who you think has owned me or how, but it’s difficult to gauge how your mind works.

I’ve never met you, I can only judge you on your posts and based on them, yes, you’re a pleb.

You also admitted you were angry earlier in this conversation (only because you misunderstood the term ‘bog standard’) but you said it yourself.

Quite a difficult thing to do, but you’ve managed to own yourself here.

You are twisting things again, ok show us where i said i was angry, a Shizer house like yourself who makes comments slating old people just get peoples backs up, you have been owned on here by Boundy, Jack 123, and Resolven whilst i am absolutely taking you to the cleaners, and you clearly stated about the difference between the queen and a bog standard old person, so there you go.
Games Off on 21:10 - Sep 15 with 842 viewsjack247

Games Off on 18:14 - Sep 15 by shingle

You are twisting things again, ok show us where i said i was angry, a Shizer house like yourself who makes comments slating old people just get peoples backs up, you have been owned on here by Boundy, Jack 123, and Resolven whilst i am absolutely taking you to the cleaners, and you clearly stated about the difference between the queen and a bog standard old person, so there you go.

Ok Shingle, let’s put this to bed.

Dictionary.com - bog-standard - adjective, informal - completely ordinary, run of the mill.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/bog-standard

If I’d said I was surprised you couldn’t distinguish between the Queen and a completely ordinary or run of the mill 96 year old, would you have been offended by that?

None of those people owned me (in fact Resolven has humiliated himself with similar views on his ‘I have to show respect thread), they’ve just had the same viewpoint as you. If you think you’re taking me to the cleaners here, I doubt many would agree, but that’s your prerogative.

Dictionary definition of ‘get someone’s back up’ - make someone annoyed or angry. That was the term you used, 18.31 September 12.

You know full well I wasn’t slating old people. If you don’t, read that post again in context.

Let’s drop all this nonsense about twisting things, you know I’m not doing that either. Everything I’ve posted on this thread has been clear and I’ve still clarified for you further.

I completely stand by my comment that the queen wasn’t a bog standard 96 year old.

For my part, I shouldn’t have called you a pleb and I apologise for that.
Games Off on 18:39 - Sep 16 with 807 viewsshingle

Games Off on 21:10 - Sep 15 by jack247

Ok Shingle, let’s put this to bed.

Dictionary.com - bog-standard - adjective, informal - completely ordinary, run of the mill.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/bog-standard

If I’d said I was surprised you couldn’t distinguish between the Queen and a completely ordinary or run of the mill 96 year old, would you have been offended by that?

None of those people owned me (in fact Resolven has humiliated himself with similar views on his ‘I have to show respect thread), they’ve just had the same viewpoint as you. If you think you’re taking me to the cleaners here, I doubt many would agree, but that’s your prerogative.

Dictionary definition of ‘get someone’s back up’ - make someone annoyed or angry. That was the term you used, 18.31 September 12.

You know full well I wasn’t slating old people. If you don’t, read that post again in context.

Let’s drop all this nonsense about twisting things, you know I’m not doing that either. Everything I’ve posted on this thread has been clear and I’ve still clarified for you further.

I completely stand by my comment that the queen wasn’t a bog standard 96 year old.

For my part, I shouldn’t have called you a pleb and I apologise for that.

Your posts and replies are getting longer and longer as if you're desperately trying to explain yourself while all you are doing is digging a bigger hole so lets try and help you here, getting someone's back up has quite a few different meanings and it all depends on the reaction of the individual Annoyance being the main reaction so again you are twisting matters you decide on anger in my case so you are wrong yet again, and a Grandson or Granddaughter would never consider there Grandparents bog standard, looks like you have been owned yet again and not just by me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024