Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Music your “ashamed of” 10:24 - Aug 31 with 2087 viewsonehunglow

I’ve recently got back into Barry Manilow mainly because of his ripping off Chopin’s Prelude in C minor .
If it makes you

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Music your “ashamed of” on 10:40 - Aug 31 with 1504 viewsPawelAbbott

I used to like Marillion. Then spent years embarrassed to say that I did.
Recently, I listened to Misplaced Childhood again and realised how good it is.
Music your “ashamed of” on 12:16 - Aug 31 with 1466 viewsCatullus

S Club 7

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Music your “ashamed of” on 12:16 - Aug 31 with 1466 viewsGlyn1

Phil Collins, for me.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Music your “ashamed of” on 14:20 - Aug 31 with 1421 viewsbritferry

I'd be more ashamed of your spelling if I was you

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Music your “ashamed of” on 14:27 - Aug 31 with 1419 viewsScotia

Bruce Springsteen. Although I don't really know if I should be ashamed or not, he's a genius even if not particularly cool.

Off to see him in June at villa Park and Hyde Park in July. Can't wait
Music your “ashamed of” on 14:41 - Aug 31 with 1413 viewsBoundy

Vaughn Williams , Lark ascending. possible the most beautiful piece of music , ever imo

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Music your “ashamed of” on 16:13 - Aug 31 with 1395 viewsonehunglow

Music your “ashamed of” on 14:27 - Aug 31 by Scotia

Bruce Springsteen. Although I don't really know if I should be ashamed or not, he's a genius even if not particularly cool.

Off to see him in June at villa Park and Hyde Park in July. Can't wait

He was aweome until The Rising and past hi best now but his show is still eons better than many contemporary artists.

Its a long show but not as long as it was

More shaming not to like Springsteen's oeuvre . His Nebraska album alone will stand the test of time as will BTR and BITUSA

Music your “ashamed of” on 16:54 - Aug 31 with 1383 viewsTogg

Music your “ashamed of” on 16:13 - Aug 31 by onehunglow

He was aweome until The Rising and past hi best now but his show is still eons better than many contemporary artists.

Its a long show but not as long as it was

More shaming not to like Springsteen's oeuvre . His Nebraska album alone will stand the test of time as will BTR and BITUSA

Always thought 'Devils and Dust' album was a brilliant piece of work but goes under the radar a little. Fantastic album though.
Login to get fewer ads

Music your “ashamed of” on 17:35 - Aug 31 with 1364 viewsKilkennyjack

Music your “ashamed of” on 14:41 - Aug 31 by Boundy

Vaughn Williams , Lark ascending. possible the most beautiful piece of music , ever imo

Dear God, thats dreadful fair play.
You win.

Old Vaughan Williams was ok though, he refused a knighthood.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 17:38]

Beware of the Risen People

Music your “ashamed of” on 18:04 - Aug 31 with 1351 viewsBoundy

Tell it to some one who actually cares for your opinion , and stop stalking me

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Music your “ashamed of” on 18:16 - Aug 31 with 1339 viewsunion_jack

Music your “ashamed of” on 17:35 - Aug 31 by Kilkennyjack

Dear God, thats dreadful fair play.
You win.

Old Vaughan Williams was ok though, he refused a knighthood.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 17:38]

Heathen!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Music your “ashamed of” on 18:20 - Aug 31 with 1335 viewsunion_jack

I’m not sure what the question is here but if it is what acts were you ashamed of due to the way they evolved I’ve got 2 - Queen and David Bowie.

Queen’s original work such as Day at the Races and Night at the Opera were fantastic but they went all 80s and that p1ssed me off. Likewise Bowie, Ziggy Stardust with Mick Ronson on guitar was just fantastic but he ventured into 80s pap as well. Awful, just awful.

Music your “ashamed of” on 18:20 - Aug 31 with 1335 viewsSTID2017

Lots of artists I like would be "dissed" by many on here.
Don't particularly like heavy metal, but hey we are all different

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Music your “ashamed of” on 18:26 - Aug 31 with 1331 viewsTogg

Music your “ashamed of” on 18:20 - Aug 31 by union_jack

I’m not sure what the question is here but if it is what acts were you ashamed of due to the way they evolved I’ve got 2 - Queen and David Bowie.

Queen’s original work such as Day at the Races and Night at the Opera were fantastic but they went all 80s and that p1ssed me off. Likewise Bowie, Ziggy Stardust with Mick Ronson on guitar was just fantastic but he ventured into 80s pap as well. Awful, just awful.

First four Queen albums were excellent. Bowie up until 83. Then absolutely no interest. Mick Ronson what a 🎸 player.
Music your “ashamed of” on 18:31 - Aug 31 with 1327 viewsTogg

Coldplay..what a pile of steaming hot shhh chocolate Just don't get it. Extremely bland pointless droning, miserable pointless guff! Other than that I'm sure they are a bunch of really nice boys, who have made millions and wouldn't give a frig what I or others thinks...but still!
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 18:33]
Music your “ashamed of” on 18:40 - Aug 31 with 1310 viewsonehunglow

Music your “ashamed of” on 16:54 - Aug 31 by Togg

Always thought 'Devils and Dust' album was a brilliant piece of work but goes under the radar a little. Fantastic album though.

Yeah,I rememeber that and Tom Joad.Really dark and down beat.I like that. Seems aposite for Swans fans
Great posting btw

Music your “ashamed of” on 18:41 - Aug 31 with 1309 viewsCatullus

I might just be me but apart from S Club 7, just what is there to be ashamed about in the other mentions? I will even include Coldplay though I think they are dire!

Vaughn Williams, nothing to be ashamed of there, if you'd said Joe Dolce then yes.

Seems to me there is some reverse snobbery going on.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Music your “ashamed of” on 18:45 - Aug 31 with 1302 viewsunion_jack

Music your “ashamed of” on 18:41 - Aug 31 by Catullus

I might just be me but apart from S Club 7, just what is there to be ashamed about in the other mentions? I will even include Coldplay though I think they are dire!

Vaughn Williams, nothing to be ashamed of there, if you'd said Joe Dolce then yes.

Just went upstairs and my wife is getting ready to go out and she has Lark Ascending on in the background. A magical piece of music that evokes so many feelings.

Music your “ashamed of” on 18:46 - Aug 31 with 1300 viewsonehunglow

Music your “ashamed of” on 18:41 - Aug 31 by Catullus

It's the working class Cat.Always at it

I was well onto Ballet at one time and yes me and wifey went to see The Nutcracker at the Empire ,Liverpool.I wore a Tux . Marvellous stuff. She hated it though.

Same with Opera. Everyone should see Tosca,Traviata ,Carmen or Butterfly in a lifetime.
Take Kleenex as the bird dies.Always.

Music your “ashamed of” on 18:53 - Aug 31 with 1290 viewsTogg

Music your “ashamed of” on 18:40 - Aug 31 by onehunglow

Yeah,I rememeber that and Tom Joad.Really dark and down beat.I like that. Seems aposite for Swans fans
Great posting btw

I bought Tom Joad and thought it was a little too dark for me. But have a go with Devils and Dust. Fantastic song writing.
Music your “ashamed of” on 22:45 - Aug 31 with 1235 viewsKeithHaynes

To the OP Barry Manolo is one of the best.
Jim Reeves as well.
And I also like Discharge and Napalm Desth.
Never be ashamed 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Music your “ashamed of” on 23:16 - Aug 31 with 1229 viewsmajorraglan

Once bought a copy of Thriller. Wasn’t an MJ fan and didn’t like his music so I had no idea why I bought it.

When I was a kid about 8-10 ish my Nan gave us a record player for Christmas, it was second hand but we loved it. She also gave my brother and I a couple of new LP’s which I think she must have bought from Woolworth. Can’t remember exactly what we had, but my records included Duane Eddie, The Batchelors and Perry Como while my brother had Johnny Cash and Jim Reeves. No idea why my Nan picked those records as we’d never even heard of them, but pick them she did! I’ve got quite a wide ranging taste in music which must have been shaped in some way by my Nan.
Music your “ashamed of” on 08:25 - Sep 1 with 1173 viewsonehunglow

Music your “ashamed of” on 23:16 - Aug 31 by majorraglan

Once bought a copy of Thriller. Wasn’t an MJ fan and didn’t like his music so I had no idea why I bought it.

When I was a kid about 8-10 ish my Nan gave us a record player for Christmas, it was second hand but we loved it. She also gave my brother and I a couple of new LP’s which I think she must have bought from Woolworth. Can’t remember exactly what we had, but my records included Duane Eddie, The Batchelors and Perry Como while my brother had Johnny Cash and Jim Reeves. No idea why my Nan picked those records as we’d never even heard of them, but pick them she did! I’ve got quite a wide ranging taste in music which must have been shaped in some way by my Nan.

Your nan did well for you.Bless her memory.

Music your “ashamed of” on 09:08 - Sep 1 with 1162 viewsSirjohnalot

Never be ashamed of liking any music, it has the power to heal and take you away when life seems dark.

I love ‘ O mio babbino caro,’ when she hits that top note….glorious.

Also Cavalleira Rusticana. Still trying to master that on the piano..

Always loved Dire Straits. Knopfler, best guitarist of his generation.
Music your “ashamed of” on 10:17 - Sep 1 with 1134 viewsunion_jack

Music your “ashamed of” on 09:08 - Sep 1 by Sirjohnalot

Never be ashamed of liking any music, it has the power to heal and take you away when life seems dark.

I love ‘ O mio babbino caro,’ when she hits that top note….glorious.

Also Cavalleira Rusticana. Still trying to master that on the piano..

Always loved Dire Straits. Knopfler, best guitarist of his generation.

Oh I don’t know, i have to admit to liking a few Murder Dolls tracks. I got my wife to buy me their album for Christmas many years ago and th3 guy in HMV questioned why😂

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024