Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This latest “owners fault” narrative 06:59 - Aug 25 with 1486 viewsDr_Parnassus

I asked on another thread, but it’s very easily and conveniently ignored when hidden away in another thread.

I understand some are bizarrely blaming the ownership who have sanctioned the club record transfer spend in any football league 12 month period, despite us still not breaking even - as a way to take the focus and heat off the manager who some are clearly wedded to with regards to their views on him.

But aside from that, is there anyone who can explain exactly and clearly what their complaint is? Is it that they aren’t plunging the club into massive debt by loaning the club even more money? Is it that they aren’t oil tycoons willing to sink millions into the club and write it off?

We have never had owners like that. I’m struggling to understand this latest complaint, especially as we reside in a league where many haven’t spent a penny in years and the vast majority spend less on wages and transfer fees than we do - yet still outperform us.

Some sensible and clearly explained reasons would be most welcome.

Anyone can answer.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 07:17 - Aug 25 with 1451 viewsKeithHaynes

Personally I don’t think there is much to blaming the owners, and I don't think Martin did either. He just stated the facts as they are. We all knew that anyway. I’m unsure how he will explain away potential defeats at Boro and Stoke, as that’s the likely outcome.

Although I remain as ever positive something can be gained.

As an edit. We have been working on something for the last week or so, hopefully it can be published later this afternoon.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 07:28 - Aug 25 with 1430 viewsguthrieintherain

A lot of fans don't go on message boards or are not worried where the money comes from they just want a football team to support that is on the up.

At the moment we seem to be going the other way.

Where the club is going wrong is recruitment it's not been right for a few years now.

Martin is just passing through I have a feeling he will be gone soon.
More than likely after Piroe is sold.

But just to blame him for everything is not right.

We do have an underperforming squad though and for that he will be gone a financial settlement will be reached.

But the club and how it operates needs looking at we have lost our way.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 07:38 - Aug 25 with 1414 viewsTreforys_Jack

No issue with the owners, could do far worse.
This latest “owners fault” narrative on 08:08 - Aug 25 with 1366 viewspete

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 07:38 - Aug 25 by Treforys_Jack

No issue with the owners, could do far worse.

could do a hell of a lot better as well
This latest “owners fault” narrative on 08:26 - Aug 25 with 1344 viewsDr_Parnassus

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 07:28 - Aug 25 by guthrieintherain

A lot of fans don't go on message boards or are not worried where the money comes from they just want a football team to support that is on the up.

Where the club is going wrong is recruitment it's not been right for a few years now.

We do have an underperforming squad though and for that he will be gone a financial settlement will be reached.

What shouldn’t he be blamed for out of interest?

It seems he has complete control over on field matters. We are playing his way, with his players and training and preparing his way.

That’s why we aren’t winning. Not because we are spending millions to help him.

I’m just at a loss as to what people are moaning about. I’m yet to hear any reasoning that makes sense.

You say “we can’t blame the manager for everything” but don’t specify anything we are supposed to be blaming others for.

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 08:31 - Aug 25 with 1330 viewsDr_Parnassus

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 07:17 - Aug 25 by KeithHaynes

Personally I don’t think there is much to blaming the owners, and I don't think Martin did either. He just stated the facts as they are. We all knew that anyway. I’m unsure how he will explain away potential defeats at Boro and Stoke, as that’s the likely outcome.

Although I remain as ever positive something can be gained.

As an edit. We have been working on something for the last week or so, hopefully it can be published later this afternoon.

This post has been edited by an administrator

He will think of something I’m sure.

Both Stoke and Boro are below us, and we have had an awful start.

We should absolutely be competing tooth and nail with them to get all 3 points, but as you say it does feel like disappointing results in waiting.

To me, that shows how far standards are slipping.

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 08:41 - Aug 25 with 1310 viewslifelong

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 08:26 - Aug 25 by Dr_Parnassus

What shouldn’t he be blamed for out of interest?

It seems he has complete control over on field matters. We are playing his way, with his players and training and preparing his way.

That’s why we aren’t winning. Not because we are spending millions to help him.

I’m just at a loss as to what people are moaning about. I’m yet to hear any reasoning that makes sense.

You say “we can’t blame the manager for everything” but don’t specify anything we are supposed to be blaming others for.

Our strikers missing golden opportunities to score goals is one.
This latest “owners fault” narrative on 09:04 - Aug 25 with 1268 viewsowainglyndwr

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 07:28 - Aug 25 by guthrieintherain

Good post .

Also if the gates carry on dropping and the team not performing, someone will have take take blame especially if we are fighting for our lives to stay out of league one.
Because at present we are heading that way
Login to get fewer ads

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 09:07 - Aug 25 with 1267 viewsguthrieintherain

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 08:41 - Aug 25 by lifelong

Our strikers missing golden opportunities to score goals is one.

Our centre halves scoring 2 own goals in injury time is another.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2022 9:08]

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 09:11 - Aug 25 with 1250 viewsTreforys_Jack

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 08:08 - Aug 25 by pete

could do a hell of a lot better as well

Really? Don't see it myself for club the size of ours. How many clubs are currently finicially run better than ours.
This latest “owners fault” narrative on 09:13 - Aug 25 with 1241 viewsonehunglow

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 09:04 - Aug 25 by owainglyndwr

Good post .

Also if the gates carry on dropping and the team not performing, someone will have take take blame especially if we are fighting for our lives to stay out of league one.
Because at present we are heading that way

We have to stop the rot right now

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 09:18 - Aug 25 with 1237 viewsDr_Parnassus

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 09:07 - Aug 25 by guthrieintherain

Our centre halves scoring 2 own goals in injury time is another.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2022 9:08]

Isn’t that something you can break down every defeat or draw to though?

“Opposition not scoring would be one”

“Us scoring more would be another”.

If we had a wonderful season last year and it was just these little details letting us down in an otherwise sound and historically proven approach, maybe it would make even a semblance of sense.

If it’s the players fault this season, who’s fault was it last season?

Who’s fault is it we have won 1 of our last 12 games?

Who’s fault is it we have won 1 home game in 6 months?

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 11:51 - Aug 25 with 1115 viewsguthrieintherain

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 09:18 - Aug 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Isn’t that something you can break down every defeat or draw to though?

“Opposition not scoring would be one”

“Us scoring more would be another”.

If we had a wonderful season last year and it was just these little details letting us down in an otherwise sound and historically proven approach, maybe it would make even a semblance of sense.

If it’s the players fault this season, who’s fault was it last season?

Who’s fault is it we have won 1 of our last 12 games?

Who’s fault is it we have won 1 home game in 6 months?

Martin for the tactics and refusal to adapt.
The players for under performing on the pitch even if the manager is not helping with his totally unflexible aporoach.

The owners for appointing him in the first place.
The owners for giving him to much say in transfers.

The owners or Winter for allowing him to freeze players out without hardly giving them a chance in some cases.

No complaints with money spent.
The problem is how we spend it and that's a shared responsibility.

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 12:10 - Aug 25 with 1093 viewsglanmORJa_k

Whoever has been in the Swans managerial hot seat since the club was sold there is no question about the financial support given to them by our owners. Sadly, it’s the timing when finance was given, and on more than one occasion finance for recruitment was only received when a player has been sold.
It’s not a new phenomenon that RM can’t bring n new recruits before a player leaves as the same philosophy applied at the start of the 2017/18 season when our owners took over the transactions of the Gylfi transfer to Everton, inched his fee to a record £45M, only then releasing cash to sign Clucus, Bony and Sanchez.
That business saw the Swans start the season understrength, and despite at one stage in early April when many felt that relegation would be prevented, it wasn’t to be.
With no para payments to fall back on its a totally different financial world now as far as player recruitment is concerned and while our owners conduct the same approach the only change is the small amount of cash that changes hands between the Swans and potential recruits.
This latest “owners fault” narrative on 12:23 - Aug 25 with 1071 viewsjasper_T

We have phones and internet now, I couldn't be less fussed about them "never being here". They hire a man to run the club day to day. Silverstein's been over a few times since being made a director. How much in-person time is required to tell Julian Winter there's no new cash coming in?
This latest “owners fault” narrative on 12:31 - Aug 25 with 1058 viewsKerouac

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 12:10 - Aug 25 by glanmORJa_k

Whoever has been in the Swans managerial hot seat since the club was sold there is no question about the financial support given to them by our owners. Sadly, it’s the timing when finance was given, and on more than one occasion finance for recruitment was only received when a player has been sold.
It’s not a new phenomenon that RM can’t bring n new recruits before a player leaves as the same philosophy applied at the start of the 2017/18 season when our owners took over the transactions of the Gylfi transfer to Everton, inched his fee to a record £45M, only then releasing cash to sign Clucus, Bony and Sanchez.
That business saw the Swans start the season understrength, and despite at one stage in early April when many felt that relegation would be prevented, it wasn’t to be.
With no para payments to fall back on its a totally different financial world now as far as player recruitment is concerned and while our owners conduct the same approach the only change is the small amount of cash that changes hands between the Swans and potential recruits.

...but Martin was allowed to bring in Darling and Wood without shipping out any of; Bennett, Latibeaudiere, Cooper etc.

He is now complaining that he has spent our money and is being told "shift Bennett/Patterson/Ntcham/Walsh etc. if you want any more".

The man is incompetent and doesn't know the meaning of the word 'responsibility'.

OUT NOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 12:36 - Aug 25 with 1053 viewsDr_Parnassus

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 11:51 - Aug 25 by guthrieintherain

Martin for the tactics and refusal to adapt.
The players for under performing on the pitch even if the manager is not helping with his totally unflexible aporoach.

The owners for appointing him in the first place.
The owners for giving him to much say in transfers.

The owners or Winter for allowing him to freeze players out without hardly giving them a chance in some cases.

No complaints with money spent.
The problem is how we spend it and that's a shared responsibility.

Appointing him wasn’t the issue. It looked a fairly good appointment on the surface, but I didn’t account for his complete inability to adapt and his lack of in depth knowledge.

You also can’t blame the owners for backing their manager and giving him a say on transfers, it’s entirely desirable to work with the manager to bring in players he wants.

Also can’t blame the owners for not meddling in on field matters by telling him who to pick. Again this is another complain which if the opposite was true there would be uproar.

I don’t blame the players for under performing, they are severely hamstrung by the tactics they are forced to adhere to.

The only blame I see with the owners is how indecisive they will be from here on in with regards to sacking him. It needs to be sooner rather than later.

All the other things being levelled at them seems to be strange, it not working out isn’t a reason to slate them - but backing the manager, not meddling in football matters and allowing the manager a say on transfers is entirely commendable.

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 03:23 - Aug 27 with 841 viewsSwans9

Owners not there fault we sold Llorente who kept us up and we went down. Or trying to sell D James on the cheap which Jenkins helped stop to get more for him. Steady decline continues and the quality of the squad worsens every season. Not expecting miracles but fans need some hope. In the end attendances will decline home and away. Christie gone to hull and we couldn't even re sign wolf on loan. The championship is a hard league only so much you can trim the quality of the squad and survive.
This latest “owners fault” narrative on 03:26 - Aug 27 with 839 viewsSwans9

D C United are only 8 points adrift at the no relegation league in America.
This latest “owners fault” narrative on 10:08 - Aug 27 with 724 viewsKerouac

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 03:23 - Aug 27 by Swans9

Owners not there fault we sold Llorente who kept us up and we went down. Or trying to sell D James on the cheap which Jenkins helped stop to get more for him. Steady decline continues and the quality of the squad worsens every season. Not expecting miracles but fans need some hope. In the end attendances will decline home and away. Christie gone to hull and we couldn't even re sign wolf on loan. The championship is a hard league only so much you can trim the quality of the squad and survive.

Re: Wolf

He was played out of position for a year by the 'Manager' and slagged off by the fans.
Why would he want to come back?
He has other options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 11:07 - Aug 27 with 692 viewsjasper_T

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 03:23 - Aug 27 by Swans9

We were offered a world record fee for a player Llorente's age at the time. Huw Jenkins spent £30m trying to replace him, plus Tammy Abraham on loan, and we ended up with two anchors around the clubs neck in the Championship due to their wages.

Christie wasn't worth 1/3rd what Hull are paying him.
This latest “owners fault” narrative on 12:46 - Aug 27 with 651 viewsReslovenSwan1

I raised the issue of the "dirty dozen" last season. All "great young men". The 12 players in the club Martin does not want. It is a huge problem for him now because he did not resolve it.

The fact is Garrick, Joseph, Whittaker, Brandon Cooper, Benda, Ollie Cooper, Cullen, Dan Williams, McFadyan are not in Martin' s plans and probably never will be. They are not teenagers needing more game time. They are ready. He also has Fulton and Bennett.

Martin had this problem and still has. Is anyone managing the situation or simply "kicking the can down the road". ? There is a bottleneck of unwanted players.

Silverstein and Levein are telling him to use what he has. 'The squad is thin' will not wash. There is the "dirty dozen" and they a'int leaving town.

"I'm moving you out son and I have a Smith and Weston to back me up."

"That's big talk stranger. How do you fancy making me".
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 12:51]

Wise sage since Toshack era

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 12:56 - Aug 27 with 626 viewsDr_Parnassus

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 12:46 - Aug 27 by ReslovenSwan1

I raised the issue of the "dirty dozen" last season. All "great young men". The 12 players in the club Martin does not want. It is a huge problem for him now because he did not resolve it.

The fact is Garrick, Joseph, Whittaker, Brandon Cooper, Benda, Ollie Cooper, Cullen, Dan Williams, McFadyan are not in Martin' s plans and probably never will be. They are not teenagers needing more game time. They are ready. He also has Fulton and Bennett.

Martin had this problem and still has. Is anyone managing the situation or simply "kicking the can down the road". ? There is a bottleneck of unwanted players.

Silverstein and Levein are telling him to use what he has. 'The squad is thin' will not wash. There is the "dirty dozen" and they a'int leaving town.

"That's big talk stranger. How do you fancy making me".
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 12:51]

Smith and Wesson, sir. Wesson.

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 13:07 - Aug 27 with 618 viewsReslovenSwan1

This latest “owners fault” narrative on 12:56 - Aug 27 by Dr_Parnassus

Smith and Wesson, sir. Wesson.

The tough folk of Devils Creek Tucson County kinda never could spell.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024