Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When I were a lad… 00:17 - Apr 2 with 1235 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

We always mocked foreign clubs and fans particularly those in Spain who wouldn’t go a few weeks without demanding their manager be sacked. Now we seem to have joined them. Having two or three (or more) managers a season has become par for the course in this country.

Do we give managers enough of a chance to build a team anymore? I know there are those on here that want to see Martin go, there are those that think we are building something and should give him time. Imagine if the fans of Manchester United and the media had got their way in demanding Alex Ferguson should be sacked in 1989, we’d be living in a different footballing reality. “Even the wise can’t see all ends”. I think it was Gandalf that said that. And he’d know, being a wizard. Although identifying as “the white” in this day and age might get him in a whole lot of other trouble. But I digress.

So we are at a crossroads. Remember a certain Mr Rodgers was palmed off by Watford and Reading because success wasn’t coming as fast as they would like, that was no measure of his ability as history has proved but a result of an overly twitchy trigger finger that the fans were in complete support of at the time. No doubt both clubs would love him back now.

I suppose what I’m trying to say is be like Gandalf. I don’t mean constantly getting off your tits on Longbottom leaf from the southfarthing or buggering off to talk crap with that mentalist Tom Bombadil. I mean just going along with the ride and seeing where it takes you. Because even the wise cannot see all ends.
wWhen I were a lad… on 08:58 - Apr 2 with 1110 viewsKilkennyjack

Not every appointment works, so thats true of RM - but also true of anyone appointed to replace him.

Its almost always costly and a bit of gamble.

Swans are safe and we can see a pattern of play.
Giving away stupid goals by over playing in the wrong areas haunts us and needs to stop.
Its not a hard fix.

I am happy to give RM the time he needs with the prospect of more consist performances and results next season.

Come on you Swans 🦢

Beware of the Risen People

wWhen I were a lad… on 09:19 - Apr 2 with 1090 viewsonehunglow

wWhen I were a lad… on 08:58 - Apr 2 by Kilkennyjack

Not every appointment works, so thats true of RM - but also true of anyone appointed to replace him.

Its almost always costly and a bit of gamble.

Swans are safe and we can see a pattern of play.
Giving away stupid goals by over playing in the wrong areas haunts us and needs to stop.
Its not a hard fix.

I am happy to give RM the time he needs with the prospect of more consist performances and results next season.

Come on you Swans 🦢

The Pattern of play is the problem;ie the giving away of dumb goals . That is not the way forward but it is a pattern of play alright.

Play forward and take the game to the opposition and with pace;that measn not having a goalkeeper literally walking with the ball out of his goalmouth whilst the opposition simply sit back and wait for him to ,basically, pass the ball to them or kick it into touch,which gives them the ball back.

You'd think it was simple really,wouldn't you.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

wWhen I were a lad… on 10:21 - Apr 2 with 1053 viewsKilkennyjack

wWhen I were a lad… on 09:19 - Apr 2 by onehunglow

The Pattern of play is the problem;ie the giving away of dumb goals . That is not the way forward but it is a pattern of play alright.

Play forward and take the game to the opposition and with pace;that measn not having a goalkeeper literally walking with the ball out of his goalmouth whilst the opposition simply sit back and wait for him to ,basically, pass the ball to them or kick it into touch,which gives them the ball back.

You'd think it was simple really,wouldn't you.

There is also the fact that Barca, Spain and Man City have taught us that keeping the ball has to be part of the modern game if you want success.

wWhen I were a lad… on 11:54 - Apr 2 with 1026 viewsonehunglow

wWhen I were a lad… on 10:21 - Apr 2 by Kilkennyjack

There is also the fact that Barca, Spain and Man City have taught us that keeping the ball has to be part of the modern game if you want success.

Yes but it’s what yiu do with the ball when you have it.

It has to go into the net to win..The opponents to win,that is .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

When I were a lad… on 16:53 - Apr 2 with 972 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea four shots on target four goal.

Wise sage since Toshack era

wWhen I were a lad… on 17:19 - Apr 2 with 947 viewsKilkennyjack

wWhen I were a lad… on 10:21 - Apr 2 by Kilkennyjack

Keep the ball mun …. 🦢

65% possession.

❤️ Our Swans 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024