Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For The Benefit Of This Site 11:45 - Mar 3 with 1996 viewsSTID2017

As per heading, everyone needs to stop point scoring and remember we are all fans of Swans and supporters of the same cause

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

For The Benefit Of This Site on 11:49 - Mar 3 with 1212 viewsmagicdaps10

Not going to happen unfortunately STID.
I tried a few times to put out the olive branch and it never works.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

For The Benefit Of This Site on 11:51 - Mar 3 with 1206 viewsSTID2017

For The Benefit Of This Site on 11:49 - Mar 3 by magicdaps10

I hear you and fear you are probably right.
One can only hope though

For The Benefit Of This Site on 11:56 - Mar 3 with 1203 viewsCatullus

Most of us are OK though. There will always be a little bit of points scoring, a few old enmities that won't be allowed to die.

Most of us get on with it and don't hold grudges. Some people can't let some stuff go though. It's their problem really. There's a couple of people I've replied to who won't let it rest so I post my reply or replies but once I feel I have adequately made my point I walk away. I used to love to have the last word but not anymore, now I can happily leave it at that point and if somebody else needs to have the last word then crack on.

Walking away doesn't mean you lost but it may just mean you are the wiser person, MAYBE!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

For The Benefit Of This Site on 12:04 - Mar 3 with 1185 viewsSTID2017

For The Benefit Of This Site on 11:56 - Mar 3 by Catullus

Most of us are OK though. There will always be a little bit of points scoring, a few old enmities that won't be allowed to die.

Most of us get on with it and don't hold grudges. Some people can't let some stuff go though. It's their problem really. There's a couple of people I've replied to who won't let it rest so I post my reply or replies but once I feel I have adequately made my point I walk away. I used to love to have the last word but not anymore, now I can happily leave it at that point and if somebody else needs to have the last word then crack on.

Walking away doesn't mean you lost but it may just mean you are the wiser person, MAYBE!

Came to that conclusion yesterday Cat.
Decided I was wasting too much of my valuable time so will only answer posts and posters now from those who want sensible debate
You and Daps are certainly two of many on here one can discuss things with, without it becoming a posting war

For The Benefit Of This Site on 12:07 - Mar 3 with 1181 viewsDr_Parnassus

I think I said if you behave then we will see how you go.

Yet every week since then, you have been posting things for reactions and having digs left, right and centre.

All people have to do is stick to the topic and stop getting personal, it’s not difficult. But then you have to rely on your football knowledge, so lots tend to stick to the abuse, it’s safer.

At the moment any sort of result and people are looking for conflict from those who have absolutely correctly criticised us this season.

Chat football, stop the digs - let’s see how you go… that goes for everyone calling for the end of the arguments yet continue to look for them and getting thread after thread deleted as a result.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2022 12:11]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

For The Benefit Of This Site on 12:09 - Mar 3 with 1176 viewsmagicdaps10

For The Benefit Of This Site on 11:56 - Mar 3 by Catullus

Totally spot on there Cat, I have had a few ding dogs with you but that post is on the money.

You try to get your views across, inevitably try to change the other person but there is only one person you have control of AND can change..... That is yourself, you are always the person in control when you can control yourself.
Best bit of advice I have heard.

For The Benefit Of This Site on 12:12 - Mar 3 with 1168 viewsCatullus

For The Benefit Of This Site on 12:07 - Mar 3 by Dr_Parnassus

I think I said if you behave then we will see how you go.

Yet every week since then, you have been posting things for reactions and having digs left, right and centre.

All people have to do is stick to the topic and stop getting personal, it’s not difficult. But then you have to rely on your football knowledge, so lots tend to stick to the abuse, it’s safer.

At the moment any sort of result and people are looking for conflict from those who have absolutely correctly criticised us this season.

Chat football, stop the digs - let’s see how you go… that goes for everyone calling for the end of the arguments yet continue to look for them and getting thread after thread deleted as a result.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2022 12:11]

Stop the digs you say but already you said,

"All people have to do is stick to the topic and stop getting personal, it’s not difficult. But then you have to rely on your football knowledge, so lots tend to stick to the abuse"

So maybe take a dose of your own medicine. A dig is still a dig however subtle.

My last word on it btw.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

For The Benefit Of This Site on 12:19 - Mar 3 with 1156 viewsDr_Parnassus

For The Benefit Of This Site on 12:12 - Mar 3 by Catullus

"All people have to do is stick to the topic and stop getting personal, it’s not difficult. But then you have to rely on your football knowledge, so lots tend to stick to the abuse"

My last word on it btw.

It was a point, not a dig.

My point was there is no point in calling for an end to arguments when you are the one instigating them daily and getting thread after thread deleted.

You have to practice what you preach before attempting to be the voice of reason.

I’m not the one calling for the end of arguments, I am always happy to respond to those that enjoy having a dig…. like your one there

But if people do want to stop arguments then they really have to cease starting them and talk football.

It really is that simple.

That probably won’t be my last post FYI

Login to get fewer ads

For The Benefit Of This Site on 12:36 - Mar 3 with 1138 viewsmagicdaps10

For The Benefit Of This Site on 12:12 - Mar 3 by Catullus

My last word on it btw.

It's nonsense and all one way with him.

Go and have a look on the Murray and Kanu post, comes from nowhere to have a dig at me, no interaction with myself or him and he just wades in with a dig.

Its all his way or no way.

For The Benefit Of This Site on 12:45 - Mar 3 with 1121 viewsDr_Parnassus

For The Benefit Of This Site on 12:36 - Mar 3 by magicdaps10

Go and have a look on the Murray and Kanu post, comes from nowhere to have a dig at me, no interaction with myself or him and he just wades in with a dig.

Nothing is all one way. I’m not the one calling for an end to it, I don’t mind responding to trolling - I’ve told you that, so you boys can go for your life as far as I’m concerned.

It doesn’t bother me.

What I am saying is, if others want to stop the arguments then they have to stop starting them, just like you tried to do on the thread in question.

I won’t start the arguments, I’ll talk football - but I’ll certainly finish them.

So it’s just down to the likes of you whether you want to keep starting them I guess. That ball is, and always has been, in your court.

For The Benefit Of This Site on 12:47 - Mar 3 with 1119 viewsSTID2017

For The Benefit Of This Site on 12:36 - Mar 3 by magicdaps10

I agree.
I read that and it was not called for.
Also this was a conciliatory post to all but he still could not wait to have a dig
Admins need to take action on him soon
[Post edited 3 Mar 2022 12:48]

For The Benefit Of This Site on 12:53 - Mar 3 with 1107 viewsDr_Parnassus

For The Benefit Of This Site on 12:47 - Mar 3 by STID2017

I agree.
I read that and it was not called for.
Also this was a conciliatory post to all but he still could not wait to have a dig
Admins need to take action on him soon
[Post edited 3 Mar 2022 12:48]

And there it is.

This thread was just another way of starting yet another argument and pretending it was the opposite.

As I say, you are the one calling to stop the arguments - yet the only person getting thread after thread deleted is you.

Stop creating arguments and there will be no arguments for me to finish. But that means the likes of yourself and daps behaving, I don’t think that’s possible personally.

But it will be interesting to see how you both go from here.

Let’s see who will be the first to give a dig, you guys or me. Up for it?

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:00 - Mar 3 with 1100 viewsmagicdaps10

For The Benefit Of This Site on 12:45 - Mar 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Nothing is all one way. I’m not the one calling for an end to it, I don’t mind responding to trolling - I’ve told you that, so you boys can go for your life as far as I’m concerned.

It doesn’t bother me.

What I am saying is, if others want to stop the arguments then they have to stop starting them, just like you tried to do on the thread in question.

I won’t start the arguments, I’ll talk football - but I’ll certainly finish them.

So it’s just down to the likes of you whether you want to keep starting them I guess. That ball is, and always has been, in your court.

That Murray and Kanu post, I never tried an argument just highlighting that WOL posted it after I said about it Monday night.
I thought it was a cracking insight from 2 pros and it was worthy enough for WOL to run it online. If you took it as anything other than that then it's you just being paranoid or more than likely you just making a deal out of it because it doesn't suit or go with your view.

You have clearly as you have in other posts down the years just flooded in with your self styled attacking posts and then down the line come out with "it's not me! I am just standing up to the Trolls and putting them straight"

You start these issues as much as anyone else but your trouble is and it's a massive issue on this site and it's the elephant in the room at present....your trouble is that you are ignorant to your own actions.

The ball has been firmly hit back many a time but you are so self absorbed with your chest out, congratulating yourself that you don't see its been returned and has been in your court as many times as your oppositions.

Its as much on you as anyone else, as you say.. Nothing is all one way(your words, not mine).

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:06 - Mar 3 with 1090 viewsDr_Parnassus

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:00 - Mar 3 by magicdaps10

That Murray and Kanu post, I never tried an argument just highlighting that WOL posted it after I said about it Monday night.
I thought it was a cracking insight from 2 pros and it was worthy enough for WOL to run it online. If you took it as anything other than that then it's you just being paranoid or more than likely you just making a deal out of it because it doesn't suit or go with your view.

You have clearly as you have in other posts down the years just flooded in with your self styled attacking posts and then down the line come out with "it's not me! I am just standing up to the Trolls and putting them straight"

You start these issues as much as anyone else but your trouble is and it's a massive issue on this site and it's the elephant in the room at present....your trouble is that you are ignorant to your own actions.

The ball has been firmly hit back many a time but you are so self absorbed with your chest out, congratulating yourself that you don't see its been returned and has been in your court as many times as your oppositions.

Its as much on you as anyone else, as you say.. Nothing is all one way(your words, not mine).

I responded to your OP very nicely, didn’t mention you at all and gave my view.

Keith have his and you subtly twisted it and pretending it was saying something it wasn’t, hence I told you that his post was lost on you. If you are offended by that then that is quite incredible.

It’s not on me in the slightest, I don’t start these things, I just finish them. If you genuinely want to end the arguments on here then you simply need to cease starting them.

On the match day thread, the second we scored you were goading people for their correct comments earlier. After the game you lied about the space being there in the first half because you simply didn’t want it to be, when I proved it was there you instantly went personal.

Like I said. Let’s see who makes the first dig going forward, you can put your house on it not being me… but I’ll certainly make the last one should there be any.

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:07 - Mar 3 with 1089 viewsFlashberryjack

I don't argue with anyone on here because, I'm actually a very nice guy.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:09 - Mar 3 with 1088 viewsSTID2017

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:00 - Mar 3 by magicdaps10

Strange how he replies to my post by asking who will be first to have a dig
"There are none so blind as those who will not see"
Incredible that he cannot or will not see it ?

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:11 - Mar 3 with 1086 viewsSTID2017

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:07 - Mar 3 by Flashberryjack

I don't argue with anyone on here because, I'm actually a very nice guy.

Same here mate.
Many nice people on here

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:15 - Mar 3 with 1082 viewsDr_Parnassus

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:09 - Mar 3 by STID2017

Strange how he replies to my post by asking who will be first to have a dig
"There are none so blind as those who will not see"
Incredible that he cannot or will not see it ?

Well that didn’t take long did it.

Cease fire over and point proven then

I make that 16 mins. Impressive.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2022 13:17]

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:17 - Mar 3 with 1076 viewsSTID2017

For The Benefit Of This Site on 12:53 - Mar 3 by Dr_Parnassus

And there it is.

This thread was just another way of starting yet another argument and pretending it was the opposite.

As I say, you are the one calling to stop the arguments - yet the only person getting thread after thread deleted is you.

Stop creating arguments and there will be no arguments for me to finish. But that means the likes of yourself and daps behaving, I don’t think that’s possible personally.

But it will be interesting to see how you both go from here.

Let’s see who will be the first to give a dig, you guys or me. Up for it?

"Chat football, stop the digs - let’s see how you go… that goes for everyone calling for the end of the arguments yet continue to look for them and getting thread after thread deleted as a result."
You posted that above, which is clearly not conciliatory, but a dig.
Then accuse others ? Your self delusion is unbelievable
You constantly dig at people then accuse them of being the ones who take the opportunity to have a dig ?

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:18 - Mar 3 with 1072 viewsmagicdaps10

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:06 - Mar 3 by Dr_Parnassus

I responded to your OP very nicely, didn’t mention you at all and gave my view.

Keith have his and you subtly twisted it and pretending it was saying something it wasn’t, hence I told you that his post was lost on you. If you are offended by that then that is quite incredible.

It’s not on me in the slightest, I don’t start these things, I just finish them. If you genuinely want to end the arguments on here then you simply need to cease starting them.

On the match day thread, the second we scored you were goading people for their correct comments earlier. After the game you lied about the space being there in the first half because you simply didn’t want it to be, when I proved it was there you instantly went personal.

Like I said. Let’s see who makes the first dig going forward, you can put your house on it not being me… but I’ll certainly make the last one should there be any.

Keith have his... WHAT!

You are clearly paranoid because I agreed with his post, what did I pretend his post to be?

Get that paranoia out of your head to start with if you want this site to get better going forward, NOT everything is about you.

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:20 - Mar 3 with 1070 viewsSTID2017

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:15 - Mar 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Well that didn’t take long did it.

Cease fire over and point proven then

I make that 16 mins. Impressive.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2022 13:17]

The post was for everyone.
You are but one poster
As soon as everyone ignores you, the sooner you will wither away
No dig there see /
Just facts (which I know you like )

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:22 - Mar 3 with 1069 viewsDr_Parnassus

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:18 - Mar 3 by magicdaps10

Keith have his... WHAT!

You are clearly paranoid because I agreed with his post, what did I pretend his post to be?

Get that paranoia out of your head to start with if you want this site to get better going forward, NOT everything is about you.

Keith have his what? I have no idea what that means.

I agreed with his post too, he was correct. But not for the reasons you were trying to imply. You were intentionally making a vague accusation accompanied with a winking face. It was clear as day what you were doing.

The thing trolls do is be vague, that means if they are pulled up on something or asked for specifics then can distance themselves or jump away very quickly. Your Achilles heel has always been to ask for specifics. It’s literally game over the second that is brought up, because there is no substance behind your posts.

You simply cannot talk football for more than 2 or 3 posts without either getting out of dodge or starting an argument, you feel far more comfortable doing the latter than the former.

I wind you up because I don’t cede territory to you there eIther.

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:28 - Mar 3 with 1063 viewsSTID2017

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:22 - Mar 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Keith have his what? I have no idea what that means.

I agreed with his post too, he was correct. But not for the reasons you were trying to imply. You were intentionally making a vague accusation accompanied with a winking face. It was clear as day what you were doing.

The thing trolls do is be vague, that means if they are pulled up on something or asked for specifics then can distance themselves or jump away very quickly. Your Achilles heel has always been to ask for specifics. It’s literally game over the second that is brought up, because there is no substance behind your posts.

You simply cannot talk football for more than 2 or 3 posts without either getting out of dodge or starting an argument, you feel far more comfortable doing the latter than the former.

I wind you up because I don’t cede territory to you there eIther.

It was you who typed "Keith have his" in your earlier post
So if you typed it and dont know what it means, how can any of us ?

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:30 - Mar 3 with 1059 viewsDr_Parnassus

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:28 - Mar 3 by STID2017

It was you who typed "Keith have his" in your earlier post
So if you typed it and dont know what it means, how can any of us ?

Typo, should have read “gave” his. But I’m sure you both knew that

I’m sure you aren’t kidding anyone with this OP now, surely?

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:32 - Mar 3 with 1055 viewsDr_Parnassus

For The Benefit Of This Site on 13:20 - Mar 3 by STID2017

The post was for everyone.
You are but one poster
As soon as everyone ignores you, the sooner you will wither away
No dig there see /
Just facts (which I know you like )

Then why are you not ignoring me?

You seem to be pretending to give advice while breaking that view.

You have had 4 threads deleted in a fortnight, this may well end up being your 5th. It appears it was yet another attention seeking exercise as you now are continuing arguments on multiple threads.

You aren’t fooling anyone.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024