Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Lloyd Racist 22:16 - Nov 16 with 5573 viewsKeithHaynes

On your bike son.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

David Lloyd Racist on 22:59 - Nov 16 with 3379 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

David Lloyd Racist on 23:15 - Nov 16 with 3360 viewsbritferry

he's my favourite cricket commentator but I cant see how Sky can stand-by him

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

David Lloyd Racist on 00:59 - Nov 17 with 3326 viewsKeithHaynes

David Lloyd Racist on 23:15 - Nov 16 by britferry

he's my favourite cricket commentator but I cant see how Sky can stand-by him

There’s no way back for him, I agree it’s a shame, but he made his own rod.
There has to be a line, he crossed it.

David Lloyd Racist on 03:00 - Nov 17 with 3285 viewsKilkennyjack

What the hell makes people behave like this ?

As Swans fans the diversity of our team has strengthened our club considerably, its not a threat to our club - it adds to and enriches us.

It happens so regularly there must be some part of uk society that is scared of diversity in some way. Needs education, education and education.

Beware of the Risen People

David Lloyd Racist on 11:40 - Nov 17 with 3151 viewsonehunglow

David Lloyd Racist on 00:59 - Nov 17 by KeithHaynes

There’s no way back for him, I agree it’s a shame, but he made his own rod.
There has to be a line, he crossed it.

Lloyd is a brilliant raconteur.
Ive seen him live and nothing racist was in his speech.

Holding seems happy enough to work with him.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

David Lloyd Racist on 13:42 - Nov 17 with 3105 viewstheloneranger

David Lloyd has spoken personally to Azeem Rafiq today, and apologised for what he said.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

David Lloyd Racist on 14:06 - Nov 17 with 3086 viewsYrAlarch

David Lloyd Racist on 13:42 - Nov 17 by theloneranger

David Lloyd has spoken personally to Azeem Rafiq today, and apologised for what he said.

That is good to hear.
It will be a pity if certain others don't follow his example.
Boris should also take note.
David Lloyd Racist on 14:39 - Nov 17 with 3061 viewsKeithHaynes

Lloyd has apologised for making comments about a specific culture and for attacking the Asian community. Singling out a race because it suited his inner racist self. He is no better than anyone else who has done this, he doesn’t need excuses making for him. He is a racist. If that was a copper they would already be down the road.

Apologies mean nothing.

Login to get fewer ads

David Lloyd Racist on 15:16 - Nov 17 with 3024 viewsFlashberryjack

David Lloyd Racist on 14:39 - Nov 17 by KeithHaynes

Lloyd has apologised for making comments about a specific culture and for attacking the Asian community. Singling out a race because it suited his inner racist self. He is no better than anyone else who has done this, he doesn’t need excuses making for him. He is a racist. If that was a copper they would already be down the road.

Apologies mean nothing.

Haven't you ever apologised Keith ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

David Lloyd Racist on 15:54 - Nov 17 with 2997 viewsKeithHaynes

David Lloyd Racist on 15:16 - Nov 17 by Flashberryjack

Haven't you ever apologised Keith ?

I’m not in the business of apologising to save my commentary career, if he was that bothered he would have dealt with this before it became public.

On being racist, no, never had a need to. If of course there is evidence any where I’ll happily have a look at it 😉 I did apologise for kicking a mate in the bollocks the other day, but there was no racially motivated agenda. Just two old blokes being over excited.

I’ve spent forty years actively fighting bigots like Lloyd.

I mean if we are going to treat Lloyd like PeteTownshend then I would imagine an apology is enough.

Commit the act, but due to who you are it’s ok.

This post has been edited by an administrator

David Lloyd Racist on 17:01 - Nov 17 with 2956 viewsYrAlarch

David Lloyd Racist on 15:54 - Nov 17 by KeithHaynes

I’m not in the business of apologising to save my commentary career, if he was that bothered he would have dealt with this before it became public.

On being racist, no, never had a need to. If of course there is evidence any where I’ll happily have a look at it 😉 I did apologise for kicking a mate in the bollocks the other day, but there was no racially motivated agenda. Just two old blokes being over excited.

I mean if we are going to treat Lloyd like PeteTownshend then I would imagine an apology is enough.

But sometimes we do or say something we subsequently truly regret. At least Lloyd apologised directly to the person rather than made a general media based one, which may suggest he is genuine in his remorse.

Is there no forgiveness in you?

I also think that your personal example of an apology as a parallel to Lloyd's rather devalues your argument.
David Lloyd Racist on 17:07 - Nov 17 with 2948 viewsFlashberryjack

David Lloyd Racist on 15:54 - Nov 17 by KeithHaynes

Maybe he was apologising because he was genuinely sorry, just a thought.

Did your mate accept your apology ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

David Lloyd Racist on 18:05 - Nov 17 with 2907 viewsonehunglow

I'm swerving this one.
Ive done some bad things in my life and caused much strife. It is the hardest thing of all to apologise which is done and apposite when we shift our stance in life.We can all have epiphanies and if we don't move on then we are dead .

I take a different perspective to Keith in this regard and am just as decent,just as passionate.

We have to stand by what we say,good or bad.If it's bad ,then call it as such.

I'm out

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

David Lloyd Racist on 20:10 - Nov 17 with 2841 viewsKeithHaynes

David Lloyd Racist on 17:07 - Nov 17 by Flashberryjack

Maybe he was apologising because he was genuinely sorry, just a thought.

Did your mate accept your apology ?

He did but it was ok in the end because I had nothing to gain by apologising and indeed nothing to lose. Where as the topic of this thread ?

If an old guy like Lloyd has been talking like that in the last year by text, then he’s been like that all his life, for me he is saving his face and his job, however you will know by now I do respect your position, But he is in an untenable position in the current climate.

David Lloyd Racist on 20:16 - Nov 17 with 2829 viewsSirjohnalot

David Lloyd Racist on 11:40 - Nov 17 by onehunglow

What people say in public and what they say in private messages to mates is often different
David Lloyd Racist on 20:18 - Nov 17 with 2823 viewsSirjohnalot

David Lloyd Racist on 18:05 - Nov 17 by onehunglow

I'm swerving this one.
Ive done some bad things in my life and caused much strife. It is the hardest thing of all to apologise which is done and apposite when we shift our stance in life.We can all have epiphanies and if we don't move on then we are dead .

I take a different perspective to Keith in this regard and am just as decent,just as passionate.

We have to stand by what we say,good or bad.If it's bad ,then call it as such.

I'm out

Fair point
David Lloyd Racist on 22:14 - Nov 17 with 2732 viewsItchySphincter

People sometimes apologise because they’ve been caught.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

David Lloyd Racist on 22:36 - Nov 17 with 2705 viewsWingstandwood

Racism is soooo 1970's, out-of-fashion, and style cramping for the vast majority, thankfully! Belongs to an era of wing collared three star jumpers, six inch platform boots and mono record players!

Argus!

David Lloyd Racist on 22:52 - Nov 17 with 2682 viewsItchySphincter

David Lloyd Racist on 22:36 - Nov 17 by Wingstandwood

Racism is soooo 1970's, out-of-fashion, and style cramping for the vast majority, thankfully! Belongs to an era of wing collared three star jumpers, six inch platform boots and mono record players!

It has been said, not that I agree for a second, that racism isn’t a problem - rather that those who call it out and complain about it are the problem. There’s some nasty people about, hiding in plain site.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 22:52]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

David Lloyd Racist on 00:10 - Nov 18 with 2651 viewsKeithHaynes

David Lloyd Racist on 22:36 - Nov 17 by Wingstandwood

You missed out Oxford bags ? Side pockets etc.

David Lloyd Racist on 00:46 - Nov 18 with 2641 viewsDr_Parnassus

David Lloyd Racist on 20:16 - Nov 17 by Sirjohnalot

What people say in public and what they say in private messages to mates is often different

Indeed, if we went through every bodies private messages they have ever written I’m sure you would find something on everyone. That goes for everyone on this planet regardless of race.

Who here has ever said something about Spanish players diving? Italian players acting?

I just went through mine and I found one from me saying Aussies are bad drivers. (They really are. Very dangerous). If someone wanted to make out I was racist against Australasians, they would use that against me.

How many foreign players would play in an all British team and text something to their friends about “the brits”?

I’m willing to guess every single one. Doesn’t mean they are racist though, it means they used a sentence which someone else may perceive as racist, it’s a massive difference.

As people know, I can’t stand the witch-hunts of the modern day. Especially when most people will be “guilty” of what the accusation is. It just so happens that if your skin is darker then you are protected against the above by modern society.

Racism to me is a genuine belief that your race is superior to another and a decision made to treat them differently as a result.

If David Lloyd had been treating black people differently all his life, I’m sure we would have heard about it by now. He’s worked with enough of them over the years, especially with the West Indies etc

So is he guilty of racism, or is he guilty of using a sentence ‘other people’ have seen as racist?

He seems to have said Asian players don’t tend to go in the club house and they should because it’s the lifeblood of a club and he also said it’s hard to get subs from them (appears to have been a joke).

It’s a generalisation certainly, but can we say he is racist because of that? That’s a very strong accusation based off that.

If he had said he doesn’t think Asian players should be allowed in to the club house - that is racism. However his complaint was that they didn’t go in, how is that racist?

Not sure on this one. Another that doesn’t really sit right with me unless im missing something else he has said? I’d describe that as naive and irresponsible as opposed to racism. A silly comment.

I’d need far more to go off to accuse him of being a racist.

Actual racism is pretty rare these days, despite the insatiable desire to label everyone as such.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2021 1:10]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

David Lloyd Racist on 03:17 - Nov 18 with 2582 viewsangryjack

This is not a racist remark in any way just an observation and thought,but it's getting to stage where all these highlighting racism true or false,is making "their race" stronger,that's not racist BTW,as now from this Mr k.patel has been appointed chairman of Yorkshire cricket,looks like rishi sunak,whatever his name is could be next prime minister,the media industry is getting rid of a lot of white presenters and replacing them with ethnic " minority".. in my eyes that could be seen as racist if other way around it would be,I just think all this political correctness is causing more divide than doing good,but also it don't work both ways,for example a bloke was jailed in Portsmouth for 6 months for spraying a poppy on a mosque last week,but a Muslim was given a 50 pound fine for spraying a war memorial,for me and like I say I'm not racist...it just seems it only works one way and its very dangerous.
David Lloyd Racist on 03:24 - Nov 18 with 2591 viewsMarcella

David Lloyd Racist on 11:40 - Nov 17 by onehunglow

Lloyd has admitted slandering Azeem Rafiq purely on hearsay, and also insulting the Asian cricketing community to boot, but according to you he's a "brilliant raconteur" ... I think Michael Holding will be less inclined to work with him ever again
David Lloyd Racist on 03:52 - Nov 18 with 2579 viewsDr_Parnassus

David Lloyd Racist on 03:24 - Nov 18 by Marcella

Lloyd has admitted slandering Azeem Rafiq purely on hearsay, and also insulting the Asian cricketing community to boot, but according to you he's a "brilliant raconteur" ... I think Michael Holding will be less inclined to work with him ever again

There were lots of rumours of Chopra’s gambling problems prior to them being made public, loads of people have said similar regarding Leon Knights time here, people staying Obafemi is a bad influence, lazy etc etc

This is sport. Doesn’t mean it’s racist. Players are spoken about within and outside the game regarding their performances, their personality and their application.

I don't think you can be guilty of slander in a private conversation, can you?

As soon as someone is under the microscope in a witch hunt those comments that everyone makes then become “slander”, the generalisation comments become “racist”.

It’s very tiresome.

More may come out, but from what I understand so far, it seems a strange reaction.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 5:39]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

David Lloyd Racist on 07:37 - Nov 18 with 2534 viewsCountyJim

I can see retirement looming
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024