Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye Bye Byron 20:59 - Oct 28 with 1705 viewsKeithHaynes

From the club.
Swansea City can confirm that Under-18s coach Byron Anthony has left the club.

The former Bristol Rovers and Newport County defender was appointed in February of this year following structural changes within the academy.

Oliver Jefferies will take interim charge of the Under-18s until a new appointment is confirmed.

The Under-18s are back in action on Saturday when they travel to face Watford in the Professional Development League. (1pm).

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bye Bye Byron on 21:53 - Oct 28 with 1639 viewsmajorraglan

That’s a very brief press release. No thanks and best wishes!
Bye Bye Byron on 22:00 - Oct 28 with 1620 viewsskettyparkjack

I picked up on that as well.
Normally a statement saying that Swansea City would like to thank the individual for all their efforts and wish them all the best for the future.
I wonder what happened and why not on this occasion.
Bye Bye Byron on 14:07 - Oct 30 with 1345 viewsReslovenSwan1

Bye Bye Byron on 22:00 - Oct 28 by skettyparkjack

Normally a statement saying that Swansea City would like to thank the individual for all their efforts and wish them all the best for the future.

A vacancy for Leon Britton perhaps with occasional run outs with a couple of his u18 lads in the u23 to execute the drills. I doubt leon would turn out for the u18.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Bye Bye Byron on 18:13 - Oct 31 with 1156 viewsKilkennyjack

Yes - or what about Ash ?

Beware of the Risen People

Bye Bye Byron on 19:23 - Oct 31 with 1111 viewsvetchonian

Bye Bye Byron on 22:00 - Oct 28 by skettyparkjack

Refused to get the u18 splaying pointless short passes....so as he disagreed with Martin like Tate he had to go....like Copper did with Curt and Leon.....

not true but based on previous posts by others on here

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Bye Bye Byron on 19:25 - Oct 31 with 1110 views34dfgdf54

Bye Bye Byron on 19:23 - Oct 31 by vetchonian

Refused to get the u18 splaying pointless short passes....so as he disagreed with Martin like Tate he had to go....like Copper did with Curt and Leon.....

not true but based on previous posts by others on here

You’re hurting big time.
Bye Bye Byron on 19:28 - Oct 31 with 1105 viewsBoundy

Bye Bye Byron on 19:25 - Oct 31 by 34dfgdf54

You’re hurting big time.

how can you tell ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Bye Bye Byron on 19:30 - Oct 31 with 1103 views34dfgdf54

Bye Bye Byron on 19:28 - Oct 31 by Boundy

how can you tell ?

To randomly bring Russell Martin into a thread about the former under 18s manager, a day after a 3 nil win, quite something.
Login to get fewer ads

Bye Bye Byron on 19:40 - Oct 31 with 1098 viewsvetchonian

Bye Bye Byron on 19:30 - Oct 31 by 34dfgdf54

To randomly bring Russell Martin into a thread about the former under 18s manager, a day after a 3 nil win, quite something.

Im not hurting at all it was a dig at those who have posted so many myths.##

Im actually happy we won......I was hurting far more at the start of the season when so many were eulogising how much better things were yet we couldnt buy a win.

Loosen up my post was tongue in cheek ........a bit of banter unfortunately too many posters here have agendas and distored views and cannot see the funny side or what is really going on....

By the way when is Grimes going to sign for a PL club.....I think I was right when I said he would be here still this season...maybe I do know a little bit about the game and players?

Bye Bye Byron on 19:48 - Oct 31 with 1092 views34dfgdf54

Bye Bye Byron on 19:40 - Oct 31 by vetchonian

Im not hurting at all it was a dig at those who have posted so many myths.##

Im actually happy we won......I was hurting far more at the start of the season when so many were eulogising how much better things were yet we couldnt buy a win.

Loosen up my post was tongue in cheek ........a bit of banter unfortunately too many posters here have agendas and distored views and cannot see the funny side or what is really going on....

By the way when is Grimes going to sign for a PL club.....I think I was right when I said he would be here still this season...maybe I do know a little bit about the game and players?

Yeah I don’t think that’s the case though is it?

As for Grimes, sounds like Martin was adamant he must stay but we shall see where he ends up, been consistently quality again this season. Constant fixture in team.
Bye Bye Byron on 19:54 - Oct 31 with 1087 viewsvetchonian

Bye Bye Byron on 19:48 - Oct 31 by 34dfgdf54

Yeah I don’t think that’s the case though is it?

As for Grimes, sounds like Martin was adamant he must stay but we shall see where he ends up, been consistently quality again this season. Constant fixture in team.

Believe me had there been interest from PL clubs he would have gone!

This is what makes me laugh ...it seems MArtin can call shots over players staying hence Grimes is still here and I think at Championship level he is fine but no PL club has come calling.....not even Brighton who recruited midfielders last summer and Potter was said to be an "admirer" of Grimes.

funny Cooper apparantly threw his toys out of the pram and fell out with Winter over Grimes yet MArtin has been adamant he must stay.....the narratives some of you come up with ......

Bye Bye Byron on 20:15 - Oct 31 with 1074 viewsKeithHaynes

Bye Bye Byron on 19:54 - Oct 31 by vetchonian

This is what makes me laugh ...it seems MArtin can call shots over players staying hence Grimes is still here and I think at Championship level he is fine but no PL club has come calling.....not even Brighton who recruited midfielders last summer and Potter was said to be an "admirer" of Grimes.

funny Cooper apparantly threw his toys out of the pram and fell out with Winter over Grimes yet MArtin has been adamant he must stay.....the narratives some of you come up with ......

I’ve heard nothing about Martin being adamant for Grimes to stay, just that he values him as a player. Any championship manager would. The only thing Grimes is playing is his cards cleverly with his agent to see what happens in January.

That’s what they all do, we know that.

Grimes has never been in a stronger position.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bye Bye Byron on 20:33 - Oct 31 with 1066 views34dfgdf54

Bye Bye Byron on 19:54 - Oct 31 by vetchonian

There it is again, Steve Cooper.

Very, very sad.

Edit - I don’t know for sure if Martin was adamant, it’s the feeling I got from his quotes in press. He may be happy to run his contract down and get a hefty signing on fee somewhere. All I know is he is a constant in this side under Martin, and same for the last two managers in general.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 20:35]
Bye Bye Byron on 18:52 - Nov 4 with 875 viewstheloneranger

Byron Anthony has been appointed as Bristol Rovers' Head of Academy coaching.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Bye Bye Byron on 19:25 - Nov 4 with 842 viewsBoundy

Bye Bye Byron on 18:52 - Nov 4 by theloneranger

Byron Anthony has been appointed as Bristol Rovers' Head of Academy coaching.

Small fish to big fish in one easy move, he must have a more than decent power point presentation .
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 19:25]

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Bye Bye Byron on 20:41 - Nov 4 with 796 viewsbonymine

Bye Bye Byron on 19:25 - Nov 4 by Boundy

Small fish to big fish in one easy move, he must have a more than decent power point presentation .
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 19:25]

Must have borrowed it from Giggsy as he won’t be needing it anytime soon 🤔🤔👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Bye Bye Byron on 18:01 - Nov 5 with 697 viewsReslovenSwan1

Bye Bye Byron on 20:33 - Oct 31 by 34dfgdf54

There it is again, Steve Cooper.

Very, very sad.

Edit - I don’t know for sure if Martin was adamant, it’s the feeling I got from his quotes in press. He may be happy to run his contract down and get a hefty signing on fee somewhere. All I know is he is a constant in this side under Martin, and same for the last two managers in general.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 20:35]

I believe the goals of the manager and the club may not always be aligned. Bob Bradley was relieved of his duties within 11 weeks.

Martin given these realities might have preferred to keep Grimes to help him over the transition process even it financially it would be better for the club to sell him last Summer.

I took Coopers words at face value. It was reported that he did not like the direction the club was heading. Logically this would most likely mean he did not like the imposition of a Director of football that was appointed after his departure and a new lower budget. Club signings Hamer and Manning who have performed well this season were rarely selected.

Matrin appears to be a better "team player" willing to play players selected by others.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024