Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton at Everton 16:51 - Aug 14 with 2088 viewsElijahK

Well it looks like it’s a loss for us today though! I mean I personally don’t see in what Ralph did that badly as I can see all the plastic fans on here doing their usual complaints, but McCarthy has actually been really decent in goal and most people were split over him or Forster, Stephens has also been decent up to that 3rd goal where he didn’t mark Lewin and paid the price, and seeing that Armstrong is said to of had a minor injury it makes sense on why he was played.

The debutants today all seemed actually quite decent, all of which certainly pig on good impressions, especially Armstrong and Levramento (or however you spell it), although I’m a bit surprised that KWP didn’t play it’s at least given us a chance to see this new fullback to give him cover.

Although Everton have had loads of clear exaggerations/dives go for them today, I mean the red started off decent with it all like when he booked Richarlison, but since then he’s been blowing for everything, I mean football really is becoming a non contact sport! Still it’s just the usual away day to Everton!

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Southampton at Everton on 08:17 - Aug 16 with 337 viewsBerber

Well, it is all about opinions really. I'm not sure you should call those with different opinions plastic though.
Southampton at Everton on 10:46 - Aug 16 with 293 viewsElijahK

Southampton at Everton on 21:49 - Aug 14 by grumpy

I like Ralph and I really want him to succeed but he is beginning to try my patience now.
Team selection and tactics are awful.
Why is McCarthy considered as number one choice? In the first half he had the ball and passed it to the nearest defender who had a Everton player right next to him. His ball distribution is unnerving to say the least.
Walcott is awful and should have been subbed at half time.
Why do we collapse so often, its mind-blowing for Saints fans .
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 21:51]

You say that McCarthys distribution is bad, but whenever Forster kicks it out, we’re always luck if it doesn’t go out for an opponents free kick

Southampton at Everton on 11:00 - Aug 16 with 283 viewsElijahK

Southampton at Everton on 16:49 - Aug 15 by battler

Well If I am a plastic fan then that must make you a happy clappy fan boy then if you think everything is rosy and fans shouldn’t be moaning after only one game.
Its not just one game though is it, regardless of our transfers during the summer we have carried on from last season with our poor form, strange team selections and ineffective substitutions.

You are certainly in the minority with regard to McCarthy. You state he was at fault for only one goal yesterday so that’s alright then is it. Ever since Ralph’s ill-conceived plan of playing both keepers towards the end of last season its quite obvious that Forster is the better keeper out of the 2. That’s not just me thinking that but also the majority of fans on here and from what I’ve seen on different social media sites as well. With McCarthy starting yesterday and being given the no 1 squad number it seems Ralph sees something we all don’t, but this could seriously backfire on him.

As for Jack Stephens he is just not premier league standard, championship standard at best and should only be used as a last resort. Letting one of our regular CB’s leave the day before the start of the season and not have a replacement lined up is amateurish at best and so we had to play Stephens and lo and behold he made his usual lack of concentration moment and was at fault for one of the goals.

Theo should never of started, he is another squad player at best, and hopefully Armstrong will be fit enough for the Man U game but even so why did he not give Elyounoussi a go instead, he couldn’t of done any worse than Theo. We know what Theo can do, which is not a lot mostly.

As for his substitutions Ralph obviously hasn’t learnt from last season…

Judging on who else we get in during this transfer window and how Ralph can try and make this team successful given his woeful points total since January I am prepared to give him till Christmas which is a lot longer than some on here so that’s hardly bedwetting.

Well I wouldn’t even call myself a happy clapper as I’ve called for managers to be sacked in the pay, it’s just I don’t see why we should be calling Ralph to be sacked already when we’ve only had one game, as the reason we struggles last season was due to squad depth, so people saying that it carries on from last season etc can’t as web now got the squad depth but we’ve only played 1 game. So if we hit 10 games and are below like 10 points then yeah I will start to be a bit more on him, it’s just right now we’ve had one game at a place which we NEVER win at in a game (as in our first game of the season) which we also very rarely win, yet people are already complaining and calling him to be sacked, when not many other mangers would do any better with the lack of investment that we receive, as it’s Gao who should be leaving, not Ralph.

And with the McCarthy situation, yeah I agree I’m in the minority, it’s just after watching the game again, I mean he’s as fault for ONLY the 3rd goal, as the 1st was were Salisu was just left static and didn’t communicate with McCarthy, and the second was a powerful shot into the top left in which only the best keepers in the world save! And even then the 3rd goal you could argue is where Stephens should’ve been on Lewin and stopped his header. So he’s at fault for 1 of 3 goals, yet did pull off some great saves in the game, yet people still blame him for loads in which weren't even his fault. And with the Forster comparison situation, well personally I see their saving skills as equal with McCarthy coming out too much, and Forster coming out too little, but what splits them for me is the fact that whenever Forster distributes it, we’re lucky if it doesn’t go out for an oppositions throw on, whilst McCarthy is actually quite decent at it.

And with Stephens, well yeah he was at fault for one of the goals, but so was Salisu, and so is Bednerak quite often. As the thing is that we don’t have amazing vented backs right now, and seeing that is literally just Stephens, Salisu and Bednerak I see barely any difference whatsoever in which two of those three get picked to start.

And yeah I agree that Walcott wasn’t the greatest (although he is decent enough for squad depth) but I’d of personally rather of had him than Elynousie, but even then I agree that it should’ve been Armstrong but I think he had a minor issue hence why he didn’t play.

And yeah fair enough with you giving him till Christmas, it’s just many on here aren’t hence why they’re certainly plastic fans going on about him being sacked right now, or within the next 3 games! Which is just pathetic and plastic
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 11:03]

Southampton at Everton on 11:01 - Aug 16 with 282 viewsElijahK

Southampton at Everton on 08:17 - Aug 16 by Berber

Well, it is all about opinions really. I'm not sure you should call those with different opinions plastic though.

I’m not calling people with different opinions plastic, but I’m calling the people who are already complaining about everything and saying that Ralph needs to go etc after just one game plastic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024