Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? 14:21 - Dec 9 with 5081 viewsblackflyingswan

Somebody help me make sense of were the money went .
WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 21:24 - Dec 9 with 999 viewssainthelens

WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 21:21 - Dec 9 by bennytheblue

I’m bored of seeing these Cuuuuuunt politicians currently on bbc1, apart from that, not at all. Just got back from a nice long holiday. Life is good

Went with all yer friends eh ?
WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 21:27 - Dec 9 with 991 viewsTNT

WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 21:21 - Dec 9 by bennytheblue

I’m bored of seeing these Cuuuuuunt politicians currently on bbc1, apart from that, not at all. Just got back from a nice long holiday. Life is good

Caravan in Splott, is it butt?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 21:33 - Dec 9 with 977 viewsbennytheblue

WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 21:27 - Dec 9 by TNT

Caravan in Splott, is it butt?

It was 85 degrees everyday, clear blue skies and warm sea. Lovely family holiday. Thanks
WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 21:39 - Dec 9 with 966 viewsBadlands

WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 16:43 - Dec 9 by thornabyswan

I am clinging to the hope we will be sold before next season.
Not necessarily to people with loads of dosh but just someone who cares about the club.

Sadly I think we are stuck with what we have for now and next season with the squad funded by a couple more sales and cheap replacements coming in.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 16:46]

No one wanted to invest when the Americans bought shares and we were, on the surface, a good bet.
As long as the Trust holds so many shares and has the attitude of never sell (but never actually do anything) suitors will be virtually impossible to find.
Being run without debt is far more important.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 21:43 - Dec 9 with 959 viewsmarchamjack

WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 21:39 - Dec 9 by Badlands

No one wanted to invest when the Americans bought shares and we were, on the surface, a good bet.
As long as the Trust holds so many shares and has the attitude of never sell (but never actually do anything) suitors will be virtually impossible to find.
Being run without debt is far more important.

Are we being run without debt now then?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 02:32 - Dec 10 with 895 viewsCooperman

Circa 80% of everything we earned in the Premier League era went into the pockets of players and staff and we are no different to the majority of teams in that respect. We were also not running at a profit for the majority of recent times.

Relegation from the Premier League brought about a dramatic change in the financial outlook and despite us shedding a lot of high earners we still have a very high salary to income ratio. This ratio won’t improve whilst we have weekly salaries of £80k being paid.

So the simple answer to the simple question is as it’s always been - the real winners out of this are the playing staff. They consume millions of pounds of budget each year.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 03:03 - Dec 10 with 887 viewsWhiterockin

At one point didn't we borrow against future income from tv rights, if that was the case it needed to be paid back, with interest.
WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 03:16 - Dec 10 with 882 viewsCooperman

WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 03:03 - Dec 10 by Whiterockin

At one point didn't we borrow against future income from tv rights, if that was the case it needed to be paid back, with interest.

We did but it was largely a cash flow management issue.

Login to get fewer ads

WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 03:31 - Dec 10 with 879 viewsWhiterockin

WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 03:16 - Dec 10 by Cooperman

We did but it was largely a cash flow management issue.

But was it paid back before we left the Premier League or out of the parachute payments.
WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 04:00 - Dec 10 with 871 viewsBluebird

WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 16:33 - Dec 9 by vetchonian

a few $60M questions there!!!

Who knows what we will do,I guess look to cut the wage bill further and rely on cheap players frm ther U23s

I dont trust the Yanks but am not convinced they are bleeding us dry as many others beleive

Not sure on their rationale for not disclosing the accounts and I am sure in time all will be revealed.
I am sure I current owners hope new owners can be found by then......maybe they had hoped our early season success could have continued with us being marketed as a potential PL club next season.....My hope is we can keep our championship status next season ,as I think that will be the crucial one

Didn't you borrow millions from the bank to cover for this season which i'm sure i read is to be paid next year?
If true do you pay it off then borrow again to cover next year.?
WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 04:08 - Dec 10 with 866 viewsCooperman

WHAT Happened to the £50 million parachute payment ? on 03:31 - Dec 10 by Whiterockin

But was it paid back before we left the Premier League or out of the parachute payments.

They would almost certainly have been short term loan arrangements.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024