Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Linford Christie Stadium 11:18 - Aug 6 with 27741 viewsFearless

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/attractions/linford-christie-sports-stadium

Clive, please delete or move as you see fit
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 11:19]
Linford Christie Stadium on 11:37 - Aug 7 with 3441 viewsQPR_John

Linford Christie Stadium on 11:24 - Aug 7 by paulparker

What do you suggest we do, a few brown envelopes unless you have a better idea.

yeah have a plan B or even C or heaven forbid a plan D

still this coming form the "owner" who announced OOC with drawing designs without actually having the permission or acquiring the land to do it

What would plan B be or plan C. We have been held back by people using the law to try to stop the land being used by a football club. Do you really think the same thing would not happen at any other available site.
Linford Christie Stadium on 11:51 - Aug 7 with 3394 viewsstevec

I'm struggling to imagine TF going in with anything other than a blueprint for concreting over the entire Wormwood Scrubs, plans for 1000 luxury houses, a building the size of the Shard overlooking the stadium with a bat signal shining in the sky saying something along the lines of 'supporting Grenfell'.

Exit local Councillors muttering 'sweet mother of jesus'.
Linford Christie Stadium on 12:01 - Aug 7 with 3365 viewspaulparker

Linford Christie Stadium on 11:37 - Aug 7 by QPR_John

What would plan B be or plan C. We have been held back by people using the law to try to stop the land being used by a football club. Do you really think the same thing would not happen at any other available site.

Plan B or C or D would be other sites , is warren farm it ? is that the only land available or was available , Brentford can get a new stadium without issues why does everything need to be a problem with QPR and Tony Fernades ? is not unlucky that we are 8 years done the line without a spade going in WF nor is it unlucky that OOC was a balls up from start to finish , and its definitely not unlucky that we spunked 240 million up the wall and are now the poor relations of the championship ,

to quote inspector chilsolm in minder

"all roads lead to fernades"

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:20 - Aug 7 with 3312 viewsCamberleyR

Linford Christie Stadium on 10:57 - Aug 7 by Northernr

The last meeting I went to about it the general feeling was the council were very keen to offload the LCS onto a private company because they haven't got the money/don't want to pay for its upkeep any more - it's in a bit of a state if you go down there and have a look. They'd welcome it being somebody else's problem. What's changed between then (April) and now I'm not sure, if anything.

Probably how Ealing Council felt a few years ago about Warren Farm....

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:29 - Aug 7 with 3284 viewsQPR_John

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:01 - Aug 7 by paulparker

Plan B or C or D would be other sites , is warren farm it ? is that the only land available or was available , Brentford can get a new stadium without issues why does everything need to be a problem with QPR and Tony Fernades ? is not unlucky that we are 8 years done the line without a spade going in WF nor is it unlucky that OOC was a balls up from start to finish , and its definitely not unlucky that we spunked 240 million up the wall and are now the poor relations of the championship ,

to quote inspector chilsolm in minder

"all roads lead to fernades"

I assume you did not fully read my post you are replying to. As I said in that post why would any other site not throw up the same problems with protesters going to court
Linford Christie Stadium on 12:33 - Aug 7 with 3263 viewshopphoops

Linford Christie Stadium on 10:57 - Aug 7 by Northernr

The last meeting I went to about it the general feeling was the council were very keen to offload the LCS onto a private company because they haven't got the money/don't want to pay for its upkeep any more - it's in a bit of a state if you go down there and have a look. They'd welcome it being somebody else's problem. What's changed between then (April) and now I'm not sure, if anything.

I used to run there in the late 90s - it was already in a state then, even with Thames Valley Harriers being one of the highest profile clubs in the country.

I went a few times to London Irish* sessions which is where the borough sent you if you wanted a club to train with.

*the sadly now defunct London Irish Athletics Club, maybe some familiar names here for some of you https://www.irishpost.com/sport/the-rise-and-demise-of-london-irish-athletics-cl
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 12:41]

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:44 - Aug 7 with 3225 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Linford Christie Stadium on 10:48 - Aug 7 by kingshill

That's the bridge opposite the Pavillion pub isn't it?

Think the School portakabins next to Burlington Danes is the temporary home of the academy displaced by the Grenfell fire.

Ah that makes sense many thanks.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:47 - Aug 7 with 3215 viewspaulparker

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:29 - Aug 7 by QPR_John

I assume you did not fully read my post you are replying to. As I said in that post why would any other site not throw up the same problems with protesters going to court

so every single site in mind if we had other sites in mid would have had issues ?
we are the most unluckiest club in London then as all the others seem to get by alright with stadiums and the like

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:55 - Aug 7 with 3179 viewsAntti_Heinola

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:47 - Aug 7 by paulparker

so every single site in mind if we had other sites in mid would have had issues ?
we are the most unluckiest club in London then as all the others seem to get by alright with stadiums and the like

You should have a spot on local news: 'what grinds my gears' - it'd be brilliant!

Bare bones.

Linford Christie Stadium on 14:17 - Aug 7 with 3032 viewsGroveR

Linford Christie Stadium on 08:58 - Aug 7 by Metallica_Hoop

http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/s/st_quintin_park/index1.shtml

Just because it's interesting. If you like this sort of thing.

PS this better not f'up my nice quiet Parkrun

Forgot to add what's that school made of porta (obergefreiter by the grace of god) cabins in the old dirty all about?
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 9:03]

Can't beat a bit of Sven Hassell
Linford Christie Stadium on 14:18 - Aug 7 with 3032 viewsstevec

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:47 - Aug 7 by paulparker

The difference is the other clubs main objectives were acquiring a football stadium for their football club to play football in.

As long as TF continues with ulterior motives we will keep running into brick walls.
Linford Christie Stadium on 14:29 - Aug 7 with 3001 viewsQPR_John

Linford Christie Stadium on 14:18 - Aug 7 by stevec

The difference is the other clubs main objectives were acquiring a football stadium for their football club to play football in.

As long as TF continues with ulterior motives we will keep running into brick walls.

What ulterior motives were there for Warren Farm
Linford Christie Stadium on 14:32 - Aug 7 with 2986 viewsfrancisbowles

So you sell a small cramped site surrounded by houses and buy a bigger site, for a bigger stadium, and then have to find the money for the construction costs. It seems that it would cost more for the new stadium than you would get from selling Loftus Road. So a plan to raise money to finance this seems perfectly reasonable to me.
Linford Christie Stadium on 15:07 - Aug 7 with 2904 viewsNorthernr

I get the ulterior motives for Old Oak - property, events venue, hotel etc. But none of that would be applicable at LCS.
Linford Christie Stadium on 15:29 - Aug 7 with 2815 viewspeejaybee

Does it have a Big Big Back garden.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2014300/Lakshmi-Mittal-to-buy-Britains-m

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Linford Christie Stadium on 15:51 - Aug 7 with 2759 viewsblacky200

It makes perfect sense to me that if you are having to build something of that size then it is a no brainer trying to tie that in with regeneration of an area that would, essentially, fund the building of the ground.
If TF had gone ahead and built a ground and said to the supporters "right that's the ground built but it is at a cost of a couple hundred million that the club is going to have to pay off" everyone would of gone mad.
Linford Christie Stadium on 16:02 - Aug 7 with 2719 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Found our old ground.

[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 16:03]

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:27 - Aug 7 with 2662 viewsDixie_CT

Linford Christie Stadium on 08:58 - Aug 7 by Metallica_Hoop

http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/s/st_quintin_park/index1.shtml

Just because it's interesting. If you like this sort of thing.

PS this better not f'up my nice quiet Parkrun

Forgot to add what's that school made of porta (obergefreiter by the grace of god) cabins in the old dirty all about?
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 9:03]

Not sure if anyone replied about the school but it's where they temporaily moved Kensington Aldridge Academy which Is the school directly next to Grenfell tower.

I believe they are moving back to North Kensington soon.
Linford Christie Stadium on 16:28 - Aug 7 with 2656 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:27 - Aug 7 by Dixie_CT

Not sure if anyone replied about the school but it's where they temporaily moved Kensington Aldridge Academy which Is the school directly next to Grenfell tower.

I believe they are moving back to North Kensington soon.

They did thank you.

I did find it a bit odd a prefab School starting up.

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:51 - Aug 7 with 2592 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:02 - Aug 7 by Metallica_Hoop

Found our old ground.

What year is that? Think we might have played on the Athletics Ground on the boundary of 5H and 5I?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Linford Christie Stadium on 16:53 - Aug 7 with 2582 viewsGloryHunter

Found our old ground.

I was going to say, that station would have been handy when we played at Latimer Road (now the bowls club?)
Linford Christie Stadium on 17:03 - Aug 7 with 2546 viewshopphoops

Found our old ground.

That's a great map. It's mad that the railways were as today but London ended at North Kensington.

Unfortunately the players would not yet have been able to stop for a sharpener in the Paradise on their way back to Droop St.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Linford Christie Stadium on 17:22 - Aug 7 with 2501 viewsDWQPR

Linford Christie Stadium on 15:51 - Aug 7 by blacky200

It makes perfect sense to me that if you are having to build something of that size then it is a no brainer trying to tie that in with regeneration of an area that would, essentially, fund the building of the ground.
If TF had gone ahead and built a ground and said to the supporters "right that's the ground built but it is at a cost of a couple hundred million that the club is going to have to pay off" everyone would of gone mad.

But the regeneration is going on. It just happens not to be at the site of LCS but in OOC. Although the club couldn’t secure the Car Giant site they were still busily buying up parcels of land one of which, Oakland’s is already being developed for housing and is the first such project. The board has stated that profits from these developments and also the redevelopment of HQ will fund the stadium. Entirely feasible given that although land cost is expensive the air is free so building skyward at LR will maximise profits. This board ain’t stupid and TF is no Dr Evil. I’ve apways felt that despite his mistakes which he has owned up to and covered financially (remember we remain debt free) that his intentions are good. He has paid for his naevity and has obviously learned, hence the appointment of Tottenham Les (that does want me to be violent towards those idiots who think he wants nothing but the worst for the club). Warren Farm will happen as long as the Supreme Court rules in our favour, it is not the clubs fault that they have come up against bureaucracy and Brentford supporting nimbys. But they have stuck by their ambition so why continue to pursue a legal fight and decide not to build? Doesn’t make sense to me. Once LCS was announced as an option. I thought all along that this will be the site for the new stadium and I still believe that it will be.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Linford Christie Stadium on 17:29 - Aug 7 with 2481 viewsGloryHunter

Are well-behaved prisoners allowed out to attend football matches? It would be one way of boosting the numbers.
Linford Christie Stadium on 17:39 - Aug 7 with 2444 viewsWatfordR

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:55 - Aug 7 by Antti_Heinola

You should have a spot on local news: 'what grinds my gears' - it'd be brilliant!

Surely only so many times people would tune in to hear the same abuse about the same person over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.......(ad infinitum)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024