Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s 12:17 - Jun 28 with 11646 viewsYossarian

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44642682

About time!

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 15:50 - Jun 28 with 2376 viewsjack247

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 15:25 - Jun 28 by thornabyswan

Frank Tabanou was a hungry player and we lost a few million on him as well.

metaphorically hungry. Not KFC hungry
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 15:55 - Jun 28 with 2366 viewsJonathans_coat

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 13:32 - Jun 28 by Shaky

Yes, a positive development, but on the other hand this almost certainly means these guys are the scapegoats and that Jenkins is staying.

Most positive news in recent years, the clubs recruitment system was in desperate need of an overhaul.....

BUT....

.......this pretty much means Jenkins is staying, and he was the main player in charge of that failing system. Also, sorry to see Flynn and Tremmel leave on such a low note. They have been good servants to the club in the past. If they weren’t up to the task, then sorry chaps, wish you best of luck in the future.
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 16:09 - Jun 28 with 2325 viewsthornabyswan

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 15:50 - Jun 28 by jack247

metaphorically hungry. Not KFC hungry

Yes I liked it missed by Jasper I think
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 16:09]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 16:13 - Jun 28 with 2308 viewsjasper_T

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 16:09 - Jun 28 by thornabyswan

Yes I liked it missed by Jasper I think
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 16:09]

Because it was so subtle, right?
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 16:19 - Jun 28 with 2294 viewsthornabyswan

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 16:13 - Jun 28 by jasper_T

Because it was so subtle, right?

Don't think it was that subtle no.
Just slightly amusing not Tommy Cooper standard though.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 16:23 - Jun 28 with 2278 viewsWingstandwood

Uplifting, overdriven celebratory mood muzak is a must to further indulge this most (albeit way too late) finest of moments! "God who made me mighty, make me mighty again".

Argus!

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 17:23 - Jun 28 with 2146 viewsJackofdreambeach

Too late again. Snail's pace transfer activity with Kaplan, Pearlman, Jenkins firmly under spotlight.

Boro, Stoke, Forest all prepared to pay 5 to 12 million on a player.

Many clubs strengthening already.Time to back the manager with serious funds.

While they're at it they can give the outside of Liberty stadium a deep pressure wash clean.
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 18:29 - Jun 28 with 2083 viewsGowerjack

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 12:44 - Jun 28 by jacksfullaces

good news.

huw can still disappear though.

now he isn't controlling the transfers there is a danger he will return to his previous role of gossiping with disgruntled players about their manager.

Do you really think he isn't controlling the transfers?

Is anyone that naive?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 18:32 - Jun 28 with 2078 viewsjack247

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 18:29 - Jun 28 by Gowerjack

Do you really think he isn't controlling the transfers?

Is anyone that naive?

As I said in a different thread. I’m amazed he still is, given how badly he’s done over the last two seasons. Why are Levien and Kaplan putting up with it?
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 18:56 - Jun 28 with 2034 viewsmajorraglan

Kinda feel for Tremmel, he’s not been there long and apparently dentifrice the goal keeping prospect.
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 19:10 - Jun 28 with 2013 viewsChief

So all the scouts have been dismissed for poor performance but the person who employed them and put the structure in place remains in post?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 19:15 - Jun 28 with 2000 viewsLeonWasGod

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 18:56 - Jun 28 by majorraglan

Kinda feel for Tremmel, he’s not been there long and apparently dentifrice the goal keeping prospect.

dentifrice
ˈdɛntɪfrɪs/Submit
noun
a paste or powder for cleaning the teeth.

Nope, still doesn’t make any sense. Are you Perchy in disguise?

It begs the question, what is Huwbert now actually going to do?
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 19:27 - Jun 28 with 1990 viewsShaky

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 18:32 - Jun 28 by jack247

As I said in a different thread. I’m amazed he still is, given how badly he’s done over the last two seasons. Why are Levien and Kaplan putting up with it?

The very real danger is they don't care any more.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 19:38 - Jun 28 with 1960 viewsjack247

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 19:27 - Jun 28 by Shaky

The very real danger is they don't care any more.

I don’t think that’s the case. They would have kept Carlos or appointed someone unattached and retained the back room staff if it was.

I think it’s more likely they realise they are a long way out of their depth and don’t have confidence they could appoint someone better.
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 19:58 - Jun 28 with 1906 viewsShaky

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 19:38 - Jun 28 by jack247

I don’t think that’s the case. They would have kept Carlos or appointed someone unattached and retained the back room staff if it was.

I think it’s more likely they realise they are a long way out of their depth and don’t have confidence they could appoint someone better.

Chump change in the greater scheme of things, with the major overhaul of costs required.

Anyway if Kaplan really cared, wouldn't he have sacked Jenkins?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 19:59 - Jun 28 with 1899 viewsjasper_T

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 19:58 - Jun 28 by Shaky

Chump change in the greater scheme of things, with the major overhaul of costs required.

Probably can't afford to.
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 19:59 - Jun 28 with 1899 viewsLeonWasGod

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 19:38 - Jun 28 by jack247

Don’t believe that for a minute. No way are they that self-aware and humble. I think it’s the opposite (and bigger) problem: they don’t have a clue what they’re doing, but think they do.
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 20:43 - Jun 28 with 1842 viewsjack247

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 19:58 - Jun 28 by Shaky

Not sure if you mean now we have been relegated or prior to it. Jenkins has obviously been struggling for a while, since before they came to the club really.

I’m pretty sure he would have cared 12 months ago when he had a hell of a lot to lose.
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 20:53 - Jun 28 with 1830 viewsShaky

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 20:43 - Jun 28 by jack247

Not sure if you mean now we have been relegated or prior to it. Jenkins has obviously been struggling for a while, since before they came to the club really.

I’m pretty sure he would have cared 12 months ago when he had a hell of a lot to lose.

I mean business in general and American business in particular is all about accountability.

The buck stops with . . .David Leadbetter?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 20:59 - Jun 28 with 1820 viewsjack247

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 20:53 - Jun 28 by Shaky

I mean business in general and American business in particular is all about accountability.

The buck stops with . . .David Leadbetter?

That’s a completely different point. You should have said that if that’s what you meant. Not that I disagree with the sentiment
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 21:01 - Jun 28 with 1816 viewsShaky

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 20:59 - Jun 28 by jack247

That’s a completely different point. You should have said that if that’s what you meant. Not that I disagree with the sentiment

Not at all, had they cared they would have held Jenkins accountable.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 21:07 - Jun 28 with 1803 viewsjack247

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 21:01 - Jun 28 by Shaky

Not at all, had they cared they would have held Jenkins accountable.

To repeat then, Jenkins presided over two very bad seasons before the last one. The writing was on the wall. Did they care before relegation?
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 21:13 - Jun 28 with 1791 viewsShaky

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 21:07 - Jun 28 by jack247

To repeat then, Jenkins presided over two very bad seasons before the last one. The writing was on the wall. Did they care before relegation?

It depends on how you define bad though. The '16/17 season produced a profit of £13 million with Swansea just about staying up.

In financial terms that made the season easily the most successful since '12/13 by a wide margin.

Which metric matters most to a US financial investor, on-field or financial performance? No contest as they say!

Misology -- It's a bitch

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 21:20 - Jun 28 with 1774 viewsjack247

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 21:13 - Jun 28 by Shaky

It depends on how you define bad though. The '16/17 season produced a profit of £13 million with Swansea just about staying up.

In financial terms that made the season easily the most successful since '12/13 by a wide margin.

Which metric matters most to a US financial investor, on-field or financial performance? No contest as they say!

You can’t seriously be suggesting the prospect of relegation wouldn’t have bothered them?
Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 21:28 - Jun 28 with 1756 viewsShaky

Recruitment staff handed their P45’s on 21:20 - Jun 28 by jack247

You can’t seriously be suggesting the prospect of relegation wouldn’t have bothered them?

For sure it will have.

But business in general and the business of generating high financial returns specifically is all about risks and managing them.

With perfect hindsight 16/17 was a successful season financially, and the following got off to a flyer with Gylfi (and Llorente) leaving for a staggering sum of money.

At that time the only fly in the ointment was that Clucas looked too expensive and Mesa was iffty, but then Jenkins goes out and spends close to £35 million on Bony and Ayew for a gross return of a couple of premier league goals between them in 1.5 man seasons.

Disastrous.

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024