Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mobile 00:13 - Feb 15 with 5134 viewsalibaba

When will this website finally be mobile optimised? Painful to use on smaller screens.
Mobile on 00:20 - Feb 15 with 5126 viewsairedale

Yeah! I hate mobile sometimes. Mobile, bah!

I’m pretty sure that PS is available as a mobile version, but it wasn’t very good when I tried it.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 10:46]
Mobile on 17:44 - Feb 15 with 4888 viewsmax936

It hasn't been that great using the lap top lately, site keeps dropping out, with a box saying recover page, pages not loading properly with posts missing, doing my head in.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mobile on 18:14 - Feb 15 with 4855 viewsJackfath

Mobile on 17:44 - Feb 15 by max936

It hasn't been that great using the lap top lately, site keeps dropping out, with a box saying recover page, pages not loading properly with posts missing, doing my head in.

thats your computer.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Mobile on 19:03 - Feb 15 with 4808 viewsmax936

Mobile on 18:14 - Feb 15 by Jackfath

thats your computer.

What do you think is happening then, because it doesn't happen on other sites just this one?

Mobile on 19:18 - Feb 15 with 4786 viewsJackfath

Mobile on 19:03 - Feb 15 by max936

What do you think is happening then, because it doesn't happen on other sites just this one?

No idea, but I've never experienced that so I am guessing it must be your computer?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Mobile on 19:29 - Feb 15 with 4762 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Mobile on 17:44 - Feb 15 by max936

That happens regularly on my iPad.

Never ever happens on any other site I visit.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Mobile on 19:37 - Feb 15 with 4752 viewsploppy

Mobile on 19:29 - Feb 15 by Joe_bradshaw

That happens regularly on my iPad.

Never ever happens on any other site I visit.

My iPad (2nd gen) has real trouble with this site. Safari regularly "crashes" loading pages i.e. it says there was problem encountered loading the page and reloads it. I'm guessing it's something to do with the ads - seems to take ages to load some ads, and that's when it seems to "crash". In the later versions of iOS, which my iPad doesn't support, I believe you can use an adblocker and maybe stop this happening. Never have problems on my laptop (MacBook Pro).
Mobile on 20:21 - Feb 15 with 4700 viewsplasjack

Mobile on 19:37 - Feb 15 by ploppy

My iPad (2nd gen) has real trouble with this site. Safari regularly "crashes" loading pages i.e. it says there was problem encountered loading the page and reloads it. I'm guessing it's something to do with the ads - seems to take ages to load some ads, and that's when it seems to "crash". In the later versions of iOS, which my iPad doesn't support, I believe you can use an adblocker and maybe stop this happening. Never have problems on my laptop (MacBook Pro).

Adblock is the answer, works well for me on most sites.
Login to get fewer ads

Mobile on 20:22 - Feb 15 with 4695 viewsJackfath

Don't use Apple products.

Mobile on 20:25 - Feb 15 with 4689 viewsplasjack

Mobile on 20:22 - Feb 15 by Jackfath

Apple tart with custard?.
Mobile on 20:26 - Feb 15 with 4687 viewsJackfath

Mobile on 20:25 - Feb 15 by plasjack

Yes please.

Mobile on 20:51 - Feb 15 with 4652 viewsdickythorpe

Same here. Sometimes what I type doesn't show for at least 5-10secs. Chrome was poor, Safari slightly better.
Mobile on 21:38 - Feb 15 with 4604 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Mobile on 20:25 - Feb 15 by plasjack

Another order here please!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Mobile on 22:09 - Feb 15 with 4579 viewsSwanseajill

Same here, but my iPad is too old to upload ad locker.

It's a right pain.
Mobile on 22:49 - Feb 15 with 4550 viewsmax936

Mobile on 20:21 - Feb 15 by plasjack

Downloaded one bit earlier hopefully be the answer.

Mobile on 22:55 - Feb 15 with 4545 viewsploppy

Mobile on 20:21 - Feb 15 by plasjack

As I said, my iPad is too old to support extensions (like adblock) to Safari. My laptop, with adblocker, works fine.
Mobile on 22:56 - Feb 15 with 4544 viewsploppy

And why would that be?
Mobile on 23:31 - Feb 15 with 4514 viewsJackflack

Orange?

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Mobile on 01:35 - Feb 16 with 4444 viewsEbo

I guess it is down to the developers behind Fans Network. This forum is built using HTML tables for layout which is a mare to optimise down for smaller devices.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Mobile on 18:13 - Feb 16 with 4295 viewsoldgrey

When the ipad2 was released, it was state of the art with a fast processor for the time.
Since then most sites have increased the number of pop up ads, many using JavaScript to render the images/animations.
Simply, the ipad2 processor cannot cope with all this crap and bombs out.
Older iPads won't run adblockers, sadly.
For me, browsing because such a frustrating experience that I gave up and bought a cheaper android tablet.
PS still performs badly on an android phone though, often the right hand side of the page blacks out and I cannot see which poster is talking nonsense.
Mobile on 19:19 - Feb 16 with 4247 viewsplasjack

Mobile on 18:13 - Feb 16 by oldgrey

When the ipad2 was released, it was state of the art with a fast processor for the time.
Since then most sites have increased the number of pop up ads, many using JavaScript to render the images/animations.
Simply, the ipad2 processor cannot cope with all this crap and bombs out.
Older iPads won't run adblockers, sadly.
For me, browsing because such a frustrating experience that I gave up and bought a cheaper android tablet.
PS still performs badly on an android phone though, often the right hand side of the page blacks out and I cannot see which poster is talking nonsense.

Left hand side is worse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024