Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smyth 17:20 - Jan 1 with 18798 viewsMistication92

Million year contract needs to be offered now. RIGHT NOW.
Smyth on 18:59 - Jan 1 with 4060 viewsRs_Holy

Smyth on 18:50 - Jan 1 by nadera78

Calm down a bit people. 12 months ago we were all saying the same about Ryan Manning.

I think Manning will come good!... Probably having 2nd season jitters like many other young pros experience.
Smyth on 19:11 - Jan 1 with 3956 viewssmegma

No idea. Our press dept is akin to that in North Korea.
Smyth on 19:14 - Jan 1 with 3933 viewsGloucs_R

Smyth on 18:36 - Jan 1 by smegma

Behave!!

I meant from a chasing down the ball perspective!!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Smyth on 19:52 - Jan 1 with 3721 viewsbosh67

Finally a player that anticipates Smiths nod ons and makes thew yard to make something of it. His pace is going to scare a lot of lumbering centre backs at this level. In fairness and balance, a big gamble by Ollie and the kid looks like he could be the attacking left sided player we've been looking for. Early days.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Smyth on 19:59 - Jan 1 with 3689 viewsconnell10

From what I saw today the boy is fearless , has a great turn of speed, two footed and can score! What’s not to like! I hope eze gets a go at first team football soon as well because that boy is class!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Smyth on 20:09 - Jan 1 with 3622 viewsWrightUp5hit___

What is this witchcraft!

The lad appears to actually read a flick on by BigPoshMatt for his goal.
Smyth on 20:23 - Jan 1 with 3540 viewsGuppy22

Like many have said he played off Smith extremely well, amazing the difference when a striker plays closer to smith, Washington is usually miles away from the flick ons, both Smyth and the other youngster were always close to these which made a huge difference
Smyth on 20:27 - Jan 1 with 3502 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We have the most Bi polar fanbase in the world.

No happy medium at all.
Login to get fewer ads

Smyth on 20:29 - Jan 1 with 3481 viewsBushRanger82

Best debut seen at Loftus Rd for a while.
Should, if the knock he took isn't too bad, be in the starting line-up on Saturday for the FA Cup game.
Knowing Ollie though, we probably won't see the young fella again until the spring.
Smyth on 20:37 - Jan 1 with 3420 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Tucking him away in cotton wool until the transfer window closes could have some logic.

Do you remember just a year ago how quickly the media were setting out the bait for the shitehawks after Manning had burst on the scene.
Smyth on 20:50 - Jan 1 with 3361 viewsAntti_Heinola

It's one game.
Peoplw were going mad after Tom Hitchcock's match winner a few years back... not even sure where he is now. Let's all calm down a bit. Brilliant that it worked and he played well and very glad for him. And let's celebrate it. But let's also keep a tiny bit of perspective too.

Bare bones.

Smyth on 20:55 - Jan 1 with 3320 views2Thomas2Bowles

Liverpool have just put a bid in for him 300k and a 10% sell on
We are a selling club

Deal or no Deal

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Smyth on 21:00 - Jan 1 with 3298 viewsrsonist

Smyth on 18:48 - Jan 1 by BostonR

Reminded me of a young Michael Owen. Outstanding debut.

Didn't see the whole game but from the highlights - yes, uncanny.
Smyth on 21:08 - Jan 1 with 3262 viewsjoolsyp

Smyth on 20:50 - Jan 1 by Antti_Heinola

It's one game.
Peoplw were going mad after Tom Hitchcock's match winner a few years back... not even sure where he is now. Let's all calm down a bit. Brilliant that it worked and he played well and very glad for him. And let's celebrate it. But let's also keep a tiny bit of perspective too.

We are QPR. We don't do perspective.
Smyth on 21:13 - Jan 1 with 3222 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think that he has attributes - decent touch, two-footed, fast and a savage work-rate. It's also brilliant to see fans excited about a promising debut.

Perspective is needed, though. It's two-thirds of a game, he had two chances and missed one and the other was deflected in, and he was playing against manacled Yetis.

Best of luck to him. Great to see another Irish Ranger. But let's give him some breathing space.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Smyth on 21:17 - Jan 1 with 3188 viewsShotKneesHoop

But not as boring as Owen when he opens his gob, I hope.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Smyth on 21:38 - Jan 1 with 3112 viewsBoston

Apparently he's always had a soft spot for QPR, all the way back to the days of Austin and Zamora.
hps://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/watch-former-linfield-forward-paul-smyth-scores-the-winner-on-qpr-debut-36449822.htmltt

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Smyth on 21:39 - Jan 1 with 3114 viewsMistication92

It's one game.

Fck perspective, he's going to lead us to the Champions League in 3 years!
Smyth on 21:39 - Jan 1 with 3113 viewswestberksr

I also took great joy from the fact he was happy taking on defenders literally twice his size physically. Putting himself on top of the keeper at corners ensuring that the ref had to get involved; could have led to a penalty.

Also challenged for headers that he'd never win but just let the defenders know he was there, something Washington totally fails to do. Led to Connolly making a couple of poor clearances.

Then to pick up a yellow for persistent fouling was like the cherry on the cake.

Very encouraging debut.
Smyth on 21:39 - Jan 1 with 3111 viewsJigsore

Smyth could now have 5 games without a goal and still have a better scoring record than Washington. I don't hate Conor, i'm just saying

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Smyth on 22:52 - Jan 1 with 2894 viewsdaveB

I don't want to go overboard but he is probably the greatest footballer i have ever seen
Smyth on 00:29 - Jan 2 with 2727 viewsHadders

I had just said to my pal, "I hope Ollie doesn't take this new guy off," when he not only scored that excellent goal (which none of our other strikers would score, probably), but celebrated it like this. Hel-lo, young man! I have a feeling we might have seen the highlight of 2018 already.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/01/qpr-cardiff-city-championship-m
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 6:33]
Smyth on 01:31 - Jan 2 with 2654 viewssimmo

It's one game.

I was at the game and wanted some time to chill before commenting on the next messiah but I'm really pleased I worked through my hangover to see this debut. It doesn't mean much in the grand scheme because it's one game (slightly less) but there were so many reasons to be hopeful.

The Hitchcock comparison is an obvious one but the difference here is he started, not on as a sub to try and nick a goal against a tired team. He didn't tap in at a back post, he contributed in a way we havent seen from far more senior players. Also this is not an easy game to make your debut as a 5ft nothing forward, physical Cardiff made sure it was a battle and the ball was in the air a lot, but when we exerted some pressure and pushed on Smyth was there, niggling, committing defenders, snapping in, running channels and most importantly - anticipating where he should be and when to make runs. That goal is everything we've wanted from Washington since he came here and during his run up top with Smith. Play on the shoulder, anticipate the knock down, roll the CB and drive to finish.

I don't expect he will play that well again in a hurry and as part of lessening the pressure and expectation he should be used gradually for the remaining games, but it's so lovely to see a young player come in and take their chance, helping lessen the issues we have and supplying an in-house option to help deal with a problem we can't afford to buy our way out of.

Enjoy your night lad - you've earned it.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Smyth on 01:47 - Jan 2 with 2631 viewsVancouverHoop

It's great to see a young player on his debut like him, no fear, all running, full of the joy of the game. His celebration after scoring the excellent winning goal was a reminder why we fell in love with football in the first place.

But you're right, there'll be harder challenges to come for him. We need to remember this match when he has the inevitable off-day, because that's when he'll need the support.
Smyth on 08:48 - Jan 2 with 2387 viewsBlackCrowe

I wonder if he'll do adverts for ambulance chasing solicitors too.

For me, he reminded me of a young Thierry Henry, with the temperament of Nelson Mandela and a back flip akin to Olga Korbut.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 8:50]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024