Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Ham in for Mawson? 23:39 - Dec 21 with 8852 viewsJoshTheJack

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/21/swansea-manager-leon-britton-ca
£20m,A good price. I'd be happy with Fede and Van der hoorn,No doubt if there's any truth to it the Amercians certainly wouldn't say no.
West Ham in for Mawson? on 14:02 - Dec 22 with 1613 viewsA_Fans_Dad

My question is based on the last case to go to court, just how do the Yanks get the money out of the club, other than by selling the whole club?
[Post edited 22 Dec 2017 14:03]
West Ham in for Mawson? on 14:08 - Dec 22 with 1594 viewsangryjack

Happy with fede and vdh stay off the drugs
West Ham in for Mawson? on 14:27 - Dec 22 with 1564 viewsJoshTheJack

West Ham in for Mawson? on 14:08 - Dec 22 by angryjack

Mawson is hardly streets ahead of both,I would say i'd only sell if it was going back into the transfer kitty(very unlikely).Mawson will be gone in the summer anyway i think.
West Ham in for Mawson? on 14:34 - Dec 22 with 1552 viewsjasper_T

Mawson's no better than vdH and Fernandez, and with Bartley back fit there's no good reason not to take advantage of any serious offers that might come in, especially if it's a sell to buy situation.

Better now than in six months time when we're down and clubs are trying to score a bargain.
West Ham in for Mawson? on 14:38 - Dec 22 with 1544 viewsYossarian

West Ham in for Mawson? on 08:41 - Dec 22 by icecoldjack

He's been playing like his heart is elsewhere anyway . It's ok to sell on players as long as we replace them correctly.

£20 m ? I thought we'd be lucky to get our money back ! Fook him off, big time Charlie will fit in well at West Ham .

Spot on. Average player, and one decent half season behind him. £20 million for a player clearly looking to move- no brainer

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

West Ham in for Mawson? on 13:58 - Dec 23 with 1388 viewsNirvana

West Ham in for Mawson? on 14:08 - Dec 22 by angryjack

Exactly, Angry.

Whatever people may say about Mawson, his perceived arrogance and his penchant for showing off his skills, he has actually been our most consistent defender this season. Yes, of course, he's made mistakes. But it must be remembered he is still only 23 (most CBs don't peak until their late-20s) and has only been playing above L1 for a season and a half.

It is quite remarkable we're even talking about potential £20m bids just a season after getting him for a quarter of that. And no, Jenkins doesn't deserve any ffukkingg credit, he was a well-known prospect coming out of a club well-known for producing talented defenders. We were lucky to get him, and we shouldn't be giving him away simply because someone wants him.

The kid has a bright future with plenty of years left to improve, and is our only CB who plays "The Swansea Way". Maybe next summer a £30-35m bid would make me think twice, but definitely not now during a ffukkingg relegation battle. And ultimately, the likelihood of us replacing him with quality or striking it lucky again is slim to none.

Really hope we make the right call here, doubtful we will though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024