Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level 22:06 - Sep 1 with 44480 viewsTheResurrection

The Holy Grail of the "next level" is probably already upon us, or at least we're moving towards it, but most of you are too wrapped up in your own miserable preconceived prejudices, you won't open your eyes to realise it.

The Club still isn't perfect, but which one is? The Trust still need a genuine revamp and refresh to communicate effectively to both Board and fans. The friendly game ticket prices is an example of this. But the overall picture is one of a Club getting back on track and improving. Nothing too much to shout about in isolation as the only was was up after the disaster of the last 2 years or so.

But nevertheless we're getting our act together. Off the pitch and since January, on it.

Commercially we will see the benefits, we have professionals involved, true business people with contacts who will increase revenue. Better sponsorships and business partners to be tapped into. The profile of SCFC is on the rise, more professional media interaction, website, Twitter, Facebook, more games being streamed, all on the up.

The football aspect will now follow. The U-23's had a tremendously successful season and our Academy and training facilities are now state of the art. This will only help everything we are trying to achieve.

Anyone one of us that has supported this Club back in the day, when we stop and think about things, will struggle to believe it's all actually been a true story.

We are 7 years - SEVEN YEARS - in the EPL and it's time now to quit the childish quips about "the Yanks" ; "the sell-outs" etc. What we've achieved, led by the old Board and now the new is nothing short of a miracle, it's phenomenal!! I have spent enough time voicing an angry opinion about the goings on of all concerned, but all said and done, they've done us proud.

The football squad we will take into the Premier League from now is arguably the best since we've been here.

Goalkeeper - as solid as we could hope for and Fab is Swansea's no. 1 without a shadow of a doubt. The way we accumulate GK's should mean at least one of them will be good enough to step in if he's ever injured ;-)

Defence - Been a revelation under Clement as we now defend as a team with responsibility for this aspect on every player. Naughts comes in for ridiculous stick but for me he's completely dependable. Everyone loves to scapegoat and bully somebody. Naughts gets too much of this. Cover at full back would've been great but it didn't happen and he won't let us down - same as he didn't last season. Fede and Maws have now formed a strong partnership and have enjoyed playing alongside each other for some time and are growing very strong. I love Olsson, he's as competitive as they come, the sheer determination in everything he does is infectious. We've also got ball players right along the back and we can now adapt perfectly well to a 3-5-2 with Bartley and VdH able to step in when needed. Rangel is an able deputy and Clucas can cover the left. We are solid at the back.

Midfield - We will be very strong and competitive in midfield this season. The signing of Sanches is truly unbelievable and exciting and the options we now have in this area are plentiful - off the bench too. I'm sure Clement and the Board would've loved to add another wider player but we won't be held ransom and pay massively over the odds - that's not good business. Carroll has been outstanding since coming in, Clucas has fitted in with ease and technically just what we need, these 2 will keep the ball flowing freely and accurately all around the park, with Carroll more than adept at set pieces and corners. Fer, Ki and Mesa all have genuine claims of fighting for a first XI slot and Ayew can play deeper or wide to provide options. Leon's still about as are Routs, Narsingh and Dyer so we're not having to rely on the old guard like we did last season, and these boys will still have something to offer as the season goes on, I'm sure of that. Southampton have made Europe on squads similar to ours and we can genuinely aim to look a lot higher up the league than we could this time last season, as far as up as that remains to be seen, but why not.

Up front - Bony, Tammy and Ayew is our strongest front line since the EPL without a shadow of doubt. Bony, in my opinion, is the missing piece in the jigsaw, he has the exact qualities we've been crying out for and Llorente could simply not provide. I think the 3 can play together in a 4-3-3 with Bony in the middle and Tammy and Ayew either side. It won't be Tammy's preferred option, same as it isn't for Rashford, bit it's a genuine alternative option for us.

Options are good and options we now have in abundance.

Manager - Clement has been inch perfect since he's come in and all the options mentioned above, he makes them a reality. His coaching is second to none and the team is able to adapt to any of his demands. He'll also get us playing more football this season and our style of play will be unrecognisable from the sheer tedium of last year.

Next level? We're getting there if not arrived already, so let's see it for what it is, embrace the changes and enjoy what's going to be a bloody good season of football with some outstanding talent on show.

[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 22:15]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:51 - Sep 1 with 2830 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:38 - Sep 1 by PozuelosSideys

What we do know about PC is he is very good at playing to our players' best strengths, and undoubtedly he will know what Bony can do. Im still not entirely sure how he will set up with Abraham, Bony, Sanches and Ayew and what ou 'default' formation will be. I dont know how he fits all them in to the side, especially in a diamond. I hope he doesnt move Abraham out wide. How do you reckon we will set up as standard?

I think that could be an option in a 433 and I wouldn't be against the experiment. It's the same for Rashford and he's making a decent fist of it. It may not be playing to his ultimate strengths but I wouldn't rule it out.

You're right though. It's a tough one to call. Probably going to come down to horses for courses and we will have the tools and options to deal with most.

At home against teams we clearly should be looking for 3 points against, the 433 with Tammy doing what Siggy did last season and being allowed more free reign to drift inside up top could be interesting.

Tammy and Bony up top together in the diamond or 352 with Ayew or Sanches behind would also be interesting.

And when we need to be more pragmatic it may mean Tammy steps down and we go with a tight 5 in midfield and Bony doing the hold up work up top.

We have genuine options and a Coach who understands what's needed. It's good.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:52 - Sep 1 with 2826 viewsbonymine

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:37 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

WTF are you on about?

When all's said and done, you (if you were watching us in the 80's?) have had the best years of your football life under the old management. Try and argue you haven't...

We may have had the most successful years in the top flight since 2011 at Wembley but that will NEVER forgive the actions of Jenkins, Morgan et al in selling us down the river last year.

I have followed this Club since 1974 for your information so have seen far more upheaval in my lifetime than you have and for me it is the Club overall which matters not just it's results on the pitch at any one time.

Whatever their personal motives for selling their shares were, they most certainly destroyed any goodwill they held in the eyes of Swans fans as a direct result of their actions....

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 22:55]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:53 - Sep 1 with 2824 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:44 - Sep 1 by Darran

Yes but if we are going to play with three centre halves it's more of a worry than usual.

We won't be playing with 3 CH's all season.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:57 - Sep 1 with 2815 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:46 - Sep 1 by longlostjack

Just a question to the OT and believe me I'm not trying to score points and don't have any agenda - Do you think the Trust were right to "build bridges" with the US owners as opposed to taking legal action against them?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 22:51]

Not particularly. Without going into too much detail, I think the Trust need to be more vocal and show more fight for the fans when needed.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:02 - Sep 1 with 2801 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:47 - Sep 1 by Private_Partz

A very optimistic view but an uplifting read nevertheless. Do you now think that the apparent inaction of the Trust is justified as they could see how well the club was being run since they were instrumental in bringing in Paul Clement?
Personally I share Darr's concerns about the Strength in depth and I can't laud a Bony / Abraham forward partnership until I see them in action. We also have to see how the midfield links together and how we fare if we are going to play without recognised wingers. Then there is the defence....will it be a back four or five? Is VDH up to the task and how long before Kyle's return? It's that injury worry again.
To sum up I think your 'vision' ;-) can come to fruition but it is by no means certain for me.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 22:48]

The Trust had their concerns mid window and drafted a letter of concern to the shareholders. Did that ever get sent?

So no, I never think inaction is good. It's bloody weak and they didn't have a clue what was going on, hence the letter in the first place.

My advice to them is to make sure they know. They moan about the big cheese limiting lines of communication to themselves. Change this, this isn't good enough and if it's still not happening, let the fans know. Name and shame.

They have a duty.

On the football front, we've got ball players, physique and strength and plenty of options from back to front. I'm sure Clement would have liked a wide man but that's just crying over spilt milk now. We haven't done bad, have we...

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:02 - Sep 1 with 2800 viewsDr_Winston

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:46 - Sep 1 by longlostjack

Just a question to the OT and believe me I'm not trying to score points and don't have any agenda - Do you think the Trust were right to "build bridges" with the US owners as opposed to taking legal action against them?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 22:51]

I believe the Trust were right to prefer negotiation to the nuclear option of legal action.

Nobody really wins if the club spends the next God knows how long fighting through the courts, as much fun as it might be to imagine the likes of Jenkins and Dineen in the dock. As far as I'm concerned the Trust did the right thing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:06 - Sep 1 with 2783 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:02 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

I believe the Trust were right to prefer negotiation to the nuclear option of legal action.

Nobody really wins if the club spends the next God knows how long fighting through the courts, as much fun as it might be to imagine the likes of Jenkins and Dineen in the dock. As far as I'm concerned the Trust did the right thing.

I tend to agree as well but they need to throw the might of the fans around a whole lot more.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:07 - Sep 1 with 2776 viewsDr_Winston

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:06 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

I tend to agree as well but they need to throw the might of the fans around a whole lot more.

Don't disagree there.

When the money from the share sale comes through I'd like to see the Trust offer free membership to anyone. Really work towards energising and involving the fanbase. 10,000 voices in unison (or as close to unison as Swans fans are capable of getting) would be more powerful than what we have now.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:09 - Sep 1 with 2773 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:52 - Sep 1 by bonymine

We may have had the most successful years in the top flight since 2011 at Wembley but that will NEVER forgive the actions of Jenkins, Morgan et al in selling us down the river last year.

I have followed this Club since 1974 for your information so have seen far more upheaval in my lifetime than you have and for me it is the Club overall which matters not just it's results on the pitch at any one time.

Whatever their personal motives for selling their shares were, they most certainly destroyed any goodwill they held in the eyes of Swans fans as a direct result of their actions....

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 22:55]

You've followed the club similar times to me, so you haven't on that front.

When you say selling us down the river - Just in your own words here, what specifically do you mean?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:16 - Sep 1 with 2748 viewswhoflungdung

I'm getting s warm glow .

Thanks Res

Excited about our next gamr

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:49 - Sep 1 with 2732 viewslonglostjack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:02 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

I beg to differ. It wasn't a question of seeing Jenkins and Dineen in the dock. It was about getting the new owners back to the table with a better offer. There is no way the club would have spent "god knows how long fighting in the courts". US managers understand business and wouldn't have taken it personally. All water under the bridge now but I hope that "going forward" the Trust watch their backs and don't get sucked in by the back slapping "we're all friends now and have the club's best interests at heart" type crap.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:52 - Sep 1 with 2726 viewsicecoldjack

Good OP .

Hard to argue with most of it, the only reservation is the next level for me, we all hope but won't know until the end of the season, there are a few gambles in the squad but IMO with clement at the helm its solid and has potential to grow, the signing of Sanches could be IMO one of the most significant signings in our History, the guy really does have that level of talent, working with claude can only make him even better.

I hope the supporters give Wilf and Sanches time to bed in though, i think both will come good for us but both may be a bit rusty at the top level and need consistant games to bear fruit, clement is a smart cookie and will know this.

As for clement, really pleased for him to get a target by using his connections and respect as a coach, it speaks volumes for the coach and not since Laudrup have we had a leader that can draw the big players. It's what we hoped for and it's what we got, full credit to him for personally seeing that signing through, the boost its given the fans is immense and im sure the Liberty will be absolutely fookin' rocking against the Geordies.

Fingers crossed we have pulled a rabbit out the hat with clement and his signings.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:52 - Sep 1 with 2725 viewsLoyal

Decent shout by chris but I still think the basics need reviewing especially our transfer negotiation ability and processes to complete things quickly and expeditiously.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:03 - Sep 2 with 2712 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:52 - Sep 1 by Loyal

Decent shout by chris but I still think the basics need reviewing especially our transfer negotiation ability and processes to complete things quickly and expeditiously.

Wont argue with that.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:07 - Sep 2 with 2700 viewsEasternJack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:52 - Sep 1 by Loyal

I think that's the nature of the beast. Particularly with the massive inflation seen in this window - at least we got our business done (yiadom aside). Look at how many teams failed with their targets this window.

Everyone was holding out for better deals which crunched negotiations down from 3 months to a few hours.

As an example - we were held up with a Chelsea low balling the Llotente deal. Thank god Spurs came in otherwise things could be looking a bit differntly today.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:24 - Sep 2 with 2680 viewsHumpty

I'm reasonably happy about how our transfer window ended up but i think I'll wait to see our new squad actually play before I get the bunting out.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:28 - Sep 2 with 2676 viewsharryhpalmer

"Clement has been inch perfect since he's come in..."

what a load of crap!

He has made loads of mistakes, and not just in the first two games against Southampton and United.

Bournemouth away! Shocking. Just of one of the 6 games starting at Hull and ending away at Watford he came close to blowing it by poor team selections and tactics.

I am happy he's here, but he's a way to go to being inch perfect.

Let's see how Bony shapes up as Llorente's replacement. The man has been abject for 3 seasons, and scored just 8 goals. It's a big risk, but let's hope he's as hungry for goals as he looks fit.

And let's see the explanation on the farce of a transfer for Yiadom.

As for everything being rosey off the pitch? well let's see how the negotiations go with the Trust, and the Council too.

The signs have been good, but there's a long way to go to see that the Americans are as honourable and as commercially aware in football circles as you seem to think they are.

Hiring Brad Bobbly and the protracted negotiations over Siggy's sale and the replacements arriving - you know, the ones that had been identified and lined up to come in quickly...15 days after Gylfi signed for Everton.

So let's not kid ourselves.

While we are in a better position than when the turncoats started to try and cash in with John Jay Moores. We are a long way to being the stable club that everyone admired, and saw us win our first major trophy.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:44 - Sep 2 with 2653 viewsEasternJack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:28 - Sep 2 by harryhpalmer

what a load of crap!

He has made loads of mistakes, and not just in the first two games against Southampton and United.

Bournemouth away! Shocking. Just of one of the 6 games starting at Hull and ending away at Watford he came close to blowing it by poor team selections and tactics.

Let's see how Bony shapes up as Llorente's replacement. The man has been abject for 3 seasons, and scored just 8 goals. It's a big risk, but let's hope he's as hungry for goals as he looks fit.

As for everything being rosey off the pitch? well let's see how the negotiations go with the Trust, and the Council too.

The signs have been good, but there's a long way to go to see that the Americans are as honourable and as commercially aware in football circles as you seem to think they are.

Hiring Brad Bobbly and the protracted negotiations over Siggy's sale and the replacements arriving - you know, the ones that had been identified and lined up to come in quickly...15 days after Gylfi signed for Everton.

While we are in a better position than when the turncoats started to try and cash in with John Jay Moores. We are a long way to being the stable club that everyone admired, and saw us win our first major trophy.

[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 1:12]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 01:07 - Sep 2 with 2633 viewsLeonWasGod

Like the positivity, but it waits to be seen. We've played 3 games this season and in 2 of them we could have played for a week without threatening, let alone scoring, and we won't get an easier game than Palace right now. Hopefully the additions will help.

On paper we look better than we were but there's still a lot to prove. We're miles off the free-flowing, free-scoring football of Lsudrup's first season mind, so I'm not sure where this next level is - doesn't matter, it looks like we may be turning a corner. I'm not especially keen on PC's team's style, but we're certainly harder to beat and should be fine this season now.

Think we've ballsed up a bit on the defence; we're a starter FB and back-up CB away from having a very good window.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 01:12 - Sep 2 with 2628 viewsKilkennyjack

Fab news that the Academy and u23s are going so well.

Clearly not essential to produce any meaningful first team players any more.

Thank feck for that, or it would all be a colossal waste of our money.

Beware of the Risen People

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 01:53 - Sep 2 with 2608 viewsAussieSwan

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:47 - Sep 1 by Private_Partz

A very optimistic view but an uplifting read nevertheless. Do you now think that the apparent inaction of the Trust is justified as they could see how well the club was being run since they were instrumental in bringing in Paul Clement?
Personally I share Darr's concerns about the Strength in depth and I can't laud a Bony / Abraham forward partnership until I see them in action. We also have to see how the midfield links together and how we fare if we are going to play without recognised wingers. Then there is the defence....will it be a back four or five? Is VDH up to the task and how long before Kyle's return? It's that injury worry again.
To sum up I think your 'vision' ;-) can come to fruition but it is by no means certain for me.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 22:48]

Agree with you PP on the defence. I would've liked us to have kept Kingsley (but a move was right for the player) or at least replaced him. A couple of injuries and we could be in trouble... maybe we'll sign another CB as a free agent if injuries strike?

On the CB situation - van der Hoorn did his chances no harm with a great performance against Palace. On that showing, he's up to it. Key question now is, can he keep it up? Whether we stick with 3 or 4 at the back will be interesting to see as well.

I trust in PC though. He is one hell of a manager

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 02:56 - Sep 2 with 2591 viewslidojack

I think a lot of people neglect the little things that make a massive improvement.

The fact that we now have a sleeve sponsor as well as a main sponsor shows an expansion in our commercial department. As does the new app we have launched.

Amongst the constant transfer gossip we have quietly built outlets for the Swansea brand to grow and prosper, opening up new streams of income that can only be beneficial.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 06:45 - Sep 2 with 2519 viewsswansea68

Fantastic . Well written. I have been saying for a while we should be proud of how far we have come and stop sniping at Jenkins etc. we are still an example of what can be achieved without getting into ridiculous debt. We have given Clubs in league 1 and 2 hope of what can be achieved if they have the right ppl at the right time. Martinez deserves a lot of credit for his early vision. He started the jigsaw. And I agree Bony strength and link up play will be crucial .
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 07:00 - Sep 2 with 2507 viewsswansea68

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 00:28 - Sep 2 by harryhpalmer

what a load of crap!

I do agree with you that Clement has made mistakes. Boro home 0-0 was very poor as he went out not to lose. I have it on first hand account that Jenkins kept Clements head up last season when we had that winless spell. Jenkins give him loads of support and helped him get thru it. Clement is still learning and yes in hindsight making 2 subs that early against Man U was a mistake as we were in the game. But as long as he learns then great
[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 7:04]
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 08:59 - Sep 2 with 2386 viewspencoedjack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 01:07 - Sep 2 by LeonWasGod

Like the positivity, but it waits to be seen. We've played 3 games this season and in 2 of them we could have played for a week without threatening, let alone scoring, and we won't get an easier game than Palace right now. Hopefully the additions will help.

On paper we look better than we were but there's still a lot to prove. We're miles off the free-flowing, free-scoring football of Lsudrup's first season mind, so I'm not sure where this next level is - doesn't matter, it looks like we may be turning a corner. I'm not especially keen on PC's team's style, but we're certainly harder to beat and should be fine this season now.

Think we've ballsed up a bit on the defence; we're a starter FB and back-up CB away from having a very good window.

Is the correct response let's see how the replacements for our best 2 players settle in before making rash statements.

As for fast flowing football a discussion with a Derby supporter may give a different perspective than the OP.

But he's a good solid gaffer who I'm sure will keep us up

At least we know that the Res's new controversial subject is being pro sell outs. I look forward to page upon page on the subject.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024