Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa. 17:56 - Jul 29 with 22579 viewsChrisSCFC

Bargain of the millennium, Leon Britton esque!
Roque Mesa. on 11:07 - Sep 20 with 6193 viewsIslander

PC hardly gushing in his acknowledgement of Mesa's improvement

Doesn't strike me as a PC player (pun intended)
Roque Mesa. on 11:10 - Sep 20 with 6180 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa. on 11:07 - Sep 20 by Islander

PC hardly gushing in his acknowledgement of Mesa's improvement

Doesn't strike me as a PC player (pun intended)

Thought exactly the same.

He's a lot more educated than me to form an opinion of someone, but I don't see how Carroll and Fer in particular get more game time than him. Disappointing.
Roque Mesa. on 11:17 - Sep 20 with 6154 viewsIslander

Roque Mesa. on 11:10 - Sep 20 by 34dfgdf54

He's a lot more educated than me to form an opinion of someone, but I don't see how Carroll and Fer in particular get more game time than him. Disappointing.

At the moment:
- TC has demonstrated his credentials, v much a heads-up clever player who can graft, link, drive and spread the play - all despite his size
- Fer - has size and some of TC's attributes
- Mesa - doesnt have size and hasnt demonstrated his ability to the extent TC has - in this league
For PC therefore its a no-brainer - so far
Roque Mesa. on 11:27 - Sep 20 with 6114 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa. on 11:17 - Sep 20 by Islander

At the moment:
- TC has demonstrated his credentials, v much a heads-up clever player who can graft, link, drive and spread the play - all despite his size
- Mesa - doesnt have size and hasnt demonstrated his ability to the extent TC has - in this league

Fair comments.

But particularly in a diamond, I would say Mesa is the only player we have who can do the job at the base effectively and well, as Britton did last year which was one of the reasons, if not the main reason we managed to survive.

......................Mesa/Britton..........................
Fer/Ki..........................................Carroll/Clucas
.....................Sanches/Ayew?........................

That's how I see it.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2017 11:28]
Roque Mesa. on 11:28 - Sep 20 with 6110 viewsTheResurrection

Roque Mesa. on 06:26 - Sep 20 by jack247

So he's not the new Borja and doesn't have overconfidence issues now then?

I'd love to see him start on Saturday, don't think he will though.

WTF is this sort of post?

We're 5 Premier games in and he's been pretty much outcasted, and this our expensive marquee signing.

There's been issues, so no need for the poor attempt at sarcasm.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Roque Mesa. on 12:01 - Sep 20 with 6015 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa. on 11:28 - Sep 20 by TheResurrection

WTF is this sort of post?

We're 5 Premier games in and he's been pretty much outcasted, and this our expensive marquee signing.

There's been issues, so no need for the poor attempt at sarcasm.

Clearly there have been issues.

Clement said he didn't start the season in the team because he had to adapt to the pace of the Premier league after playing in a slower, more technical league. You said it was because he was too full of himself, based on the way he sung his initiation song. I'll stop the poor attempts at humour when you stop the poor attempts at amateur psychology.

I'm guessing you mean ostracised. He's been on the bench and the manager has stated he will have an important part to play. He wouldn't have played last night if we didn't have plans for him.
Roque Mesa. on 12:15 - Sep 20 with 5974 viewsLoyal

Roque Mesa. on 00:27 - Sep 20 by jasper_T

Clement will start Clucas again against Watford and bring Fulton on late on. "Managing him perfectly".

And saturdays lottery numbers ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Roque Mesa. on 13:12 - Sep 20 with 5780 viewsnantywatcher

Roque Mesa. on 11:10 - Sep 20 by 34dfgdf54

Hi Risca
You had a right pop at me a few weeks ago when I suggested the problem with Mesa was his attitude, but I think I was spot on. If Mesa was over confident and too sure of himself, then PC has done the right thing in making him fight for his place. On the other side of the coin Sanches's lack of confidence would mean that for the first few weeks fighting for his place would not help his cause. Another 3/4 weeks of them both settling down to their new enviroments could prove PC to be a master of man management - OR NOT!
Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa. on 14:12 - Sep 20 with 5636 viewskarnataka

Roque Mesa. on 11:17 - Sep 20 by Islander

At the moment:

Wouldn't disagree with your assessment of the players but surely Mesa isn't competing with either TC or Fer for a place in the starting 11? I would have thought Mesa is competing for the role at the base of the diamond while TC & Fer are competing with others for the 2 central diamond positions so there would be room for all 3. From the last couple of lineups, I'd say Mesa is probably competing more with Clucas than anyone else although if Mesa was selected, Clucas would then still be in the reckoning but competing with TC & Fer for the 2 central roles.
Roque Mesa. on 14:39 - Sep 20 with 5570 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa. on 13:12 - Sep 20 by nantywatcher

Hi Risca
You had a right pop at me a few weeks ago when I suggested the problem with Mesa was his attitude, but I think I was spot on. If Mesa was over confident and too sure of himself, then PC has done the right thing in making him fight for his place. On the other side of the coin Sanches's lack of confidence would mean that for the first few weeks fighting for his place would not help his cause. Another 3/4 weeks of them both settling down to their new enviroments could prove PC to be a master of man management - OR NOT!

There is nothing at all to suggest there is a problem with attitude. His interviews suggested he realised it was a new culture, new language, and that he wasn't the main man like he was at Las Palmas anymore. He knew he had to knuckle down. He trained while the others were on international duty / holiday to shorten the time it takes to get him up to speed.

My personal opinion is, again, with no substance just an inkling I get, is that Clement never wanted him. It was a moneyball signing and PC may have thought the money would be best spent elsewhere. On the other hand, I may be completely wrong and you're right, his attitude hasn't been right, but I personally haven't seen anything to suggest that, some on here think it's gospel because he seems a bit of a character in his initiation song and gives a few boll0ckings out, these a premier league footballers, they are going to have ego's.

As for Sanches, I don't think it's a lack of confidence. Players with no confidence generally don't try to skin a player on the edge of their own box, or hit one from 30 yards when more senior players are screaming at him to pass it. He looks a cracking player at times, but I just find it strange he struggles with the basics like 5, 10 yard passing. I'm confident he will come good, just not sure we can afford having him making them mistakes in crunch home games against Watford etc.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2017 17:02]
Roque Mesa. on 21:00 - Sep 20 with 5260 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Roque Mesa. on 14:12 - Sep 20 by karnataka

Wouldn't disagree with your assessment of the players but surely Mesa isn't competing with either TC or Fer for a place in the starting 11? I would have thought Mesa is competing for the role at the base of the diamond while TC & Fer are competing with others for the 2 central diamond positions so there would be room for all 3. From the last couple of lineups, I'd say Mesa is probably competing more with Clucas than anyone else although if Mesa was selected, Clucas would then still be in the reckoning but competing with TC & Fer for the 2 central roles.

Some people think all midfielders are the same. How many times have you heard people clamouring to sign Allen as Leon's replacement???
[Post edited 20 Sep 2017 21:04]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Roque Mesa. on 16:58 - Sep 21 with 5049 viewsAl_Bundy

Clement needs to integrate Mesa into our Prem line up. Can't afford another Baston scenario
Roque Mesa. on 17:12 - Sep 21 with 5020 viewsBorojack

Roque Mesa. on 16:58 - Sep 21 by Al_Bundy

Clement needs to integrate Mesa into our Prem line up. Can't afford another Baston scenario

If he is good enough he will the last thing we need is a manager who holds grudges.
Not that I think Clement does.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024