Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans leaving early 23:38 - Mar 4 with 8683 viewsFireboy

What are people's thoughts on fans leaving early?

I noticed with 5 mins to go that some fans were on their way out

I bet they wish they had stayed now lol

Ps I NEVER leave a game early
Fans leaving early on 18:28 - Mar 5 with 2103 viewsperplex

Fans leaving early on 11:16 - Mar 5 by nierika

As soon as we went down 1-2 I said to my g/f..."we won down 3-4 in the last few minutes, this is nothing." You'd think they would have learned.

And you need to learn that many will not have left and will be watching the last couple of minutes on the concourse.
Fans leaving early on 18:35 - Mar 5 with 2076 viewsraynor94

Fans leaving early on 18:26 - Mar 5 by perplex

We leave our seats a few minutes early and than watch the last couple of minutes on the stairs, then as soon soon as the final whistle goes make a bee line to the car meaning we save at least 30 minutes getting home, so no doubt the ones around us who have breakdowns about people leaving early think we miss all the late goals when in fact we do not, but we are still home having a cuppa while there still stuck in the traffic.

A cuppa? get to the pub you boring old fart

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Fans leaving early on 18:42 - Mar 5 with 2052 viewsmonmouth

Well I stay behind and clap the team off from the very back row, walk up to brynhyfryd for the car and I'm still generally home for a beer by 6.15. If you live in Swansea, is an extra 15/20 mins really that important, compared to the now and again sporadic unmitigated orgasmic joy of yesterday or palace?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Fans leaving early on 18:52 - Mar 5 with 2025 viewsraynor94

Fans leaving early on 18:42 - Mar 5 by monmouth

Well I stay behind and clap the team off from the very back row, walk up to brynhyfryd for the car and I'm still generally home for a beer by 6.15. If you live in Swansea, is an extra 15/20 mins really that important, compared to the now and again sporadic unmitigated orgasmic joy of yesterday or palace?

Absolutely spot on!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Fans leaving early on 19:03 - Mar 5 with 1990 viewsDarran

Fans leaving early on 17:22 - Mar 5 by Neath_Jack

Superstition mostly.

And i'm not normally a superstitious person per se, but i'm murder when it comes to the Swans. If we lose and i'm wearing a certain pair of daps or shoes, they don't get worn again that season. Weird as f*ck but there we go.

Yeah you are a bit odd.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Fans leaving early on 20:52 - Mar 5 with 1905 viewsGiff

Some have work and need to get away before the traffic builds up, others live a considerable distance from the stadium and try to beat the hold-ups, to ensure they are home to take their loved one out. Though I believe most of these watch the end of the game from the concourse.
Fans leaving early on 20:53 - Mar 5 with 1900 viewsSS2013

Morons!

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Fans leaving early on 21:34 - Mar 5 with 1859 viewsSTID2017

Fans leaving early on 11:32 - Mar 5 by JBT95

Didn't happen. We were 4-0 going into added time, I know cause I left then and when I got to the bottom of the stairs somebody said it was 5-0. Only left a few minutes early cause, never being to WHL before, didn't know how bad Severn Sisters tube was gonna be - easy enough in the end.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 11:32]

Didn't know they had the tube in Seven Sisters - Neath Valley better provided for than Swansea mun !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Fans leaving early on 22:06 - Mar 5 with 1809 viewsrock1n

Always tend to leave a bit early, try to avoid the traffic and the scramble.

Yes once in a while you'll miss something but that's called choice. I do love the die hard mentality at times, it's so cute.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Fans leaving early on 22:09 - Mar 5 with 1792 viewsDarran

Fans leaving early on 22:06 - Mar 5 by rock1n

Yes once in a while you'll miss something but that's called choice. I do love the die hard mentality at times, it's so cute.

The die hard mentality to wait untill the final whistle?

Fans leaving early on 22:27 - Mar 5 with 1764 viewsbonymine

Fans leaving early on 22:06 - Mar 5 by rock1n

But surely if you're committing around 2/3 hours to attend a 'sporting event' such as this then it is rather more important that you see out the conclusion of the event rather than leave early ?
Let's be realistic here the Liberty holds around 20,500 people with 'normal' associated traffic issues related to this crowd level ?
I agree it is very much each to their own but the diehards will stay to the end and the rendition of 'Hymns & Arias' at the end in stoppage time yesterday was on a par with Forest in the Play off semis sent a shiver down my spine ...
As I see it you may leave 5/10 minutes early but then I guess you listen to the conclusion of the match on Radio Wales etc ???
Have you tried leaving at the 'end' and seeing the conclusion of he game 'in front of your eyes' ? ....

Gives you a special glow mate which you can NEVER GET from Radio Wales .......

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Fans leaving early on 22:28 - Mar 5 with 1756 viewsepaul

Fans leaving early on 11:32 - Mar 5 by JBT95

Didn't happen. We were 4-0 going into added time, I know cause I left then and when I got to the bottom of the stairs somebody said it was 5-0. Only left a few minutes early cause, never being to WHL before, didn't know how bad Severn Sisters tube was gonna be - easy enough in the end.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 11:32]

Apologies you are correct it was, my mate wanted to leave at half time!! but I disuaded him

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Fans leaving early on 22:29 - Mar 5 with 1747 viewsDarran

Fans leaving early on 22:27 - Mar 5 by bonymine

But surely if you're committing around 2/3 hours to attend a 'sporting event' such as this then it is rather more important that you see out the conclusion of the event rather than leave early ?
Let's be realistic here the Liberty holds around 20,500 people with 'normal' associated traffic issues related to this crowd level ?
I agree it is very much each to their own but the diehards will stay to the end and the rendition of 'Hymns & Arias' at the end in stoppage time yesterday was on a par with Forest in the Play off semis sent a shiver down my spine ...
As I see it you may leave 5/10 minutes early but then I guess you listen to the conclusion of the match on Radio Wales etc ???
Have you tried leaving at the 'end' and seeing the conclusion of he game 'in front of your eyes' ? ....

Gives you a special glow mate which you can NEVER GET from Radio Wales .......

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

I agree that he's a bit of a cock.

Fans leaving early on 22:32 - Mar 5 with 1742 viewsbonymine

Fans leaving early on 22:29 - Mar 5 by Darran

I agree that he's a bit of a cock.

I never said he was a bit of a Cock Darr but now that you mention it ;

He's a bit of a cock 👍

😂😂

Fans leaving early on 22:57 - Mar 5 with 1708 viewsrock1n

I make a judgement call like everyone else, some stay just to feel loyalty, some stay because they're afraid of missing something, some leave because they decide to and some are just cocks

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Fans leaving early ..... on 23:12 - Mar 5 with 1775 viewsbonymine

Fans leaving early on 22:57 - Mar 5 by rock1n

I make a judgement call like everyone else, some stay just to feel loyalty, some stay because they're afraid of missing something, some leave because they decide to and some are just cocks

You said it Pal ....

As I see it if someone is prepared to gamble and leave early before the end of the match then .....

So be it not rocket science etc .......😂😂

Fans leaving early ..... on 23:14 - Mar 5 with 1774 viewsrock1n

Fans leaving early ..... on 23:12 - Mar 5 by bonymine

You said it Pal ....

As I see it if someone is prepared to gamble and leave early before the end of the match then .....

So be it not rocket science etc .......😂😂

By the way I wouldn't have left the last game early not on a draw, I'm making a general point.

Fans leaving early on 23:14 - Mar 5 with 1769 viewsbuilthjack

Would people leave work early so they could get home a bit quicker?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Fans leaving early on 23:19 - Mar 5 with 1763 viewsrock1n

Fans leaving early on 23:14 - Mar 5 by builthjack

Absolutely it's called working in the council

Fans leaving early on 23:20 - Mar 5 with 1763 viewsGlyn1

What about people going to the bar at 42 minutes so that they can get a drink - is that the same thing?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Fans leaving early on 23:30 - Mar 5 with 1746 viewsDarran

Fans leaving early on 23:20 - Mar 5 by Glyn1

What about people going to the bar at 42 minutes so that they can get a drink - is that the same thing?

Yes Oldjack is a cùnt.

Fans leaving early on 03:25 - Mar 6 with 1707 viewsDewi1jack

Fans leaving early on 23:14 - Mar 5 by builthjack

Unfair comparison.

Of course most people who have loved ones would try and knock off earlier.
Especially if they can do it and still be paid!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Fans leaving early on 07:43 - Mar 6 with 1684 viewsSwansNZ

Fans leaving early on 17:22 - Mar 5 by Neath_Jack

Superstition mostly.

And i'm not normally a superstitious person per se, but i'm murder when it comes to the Swans. If we lose and i'm wearing a certain pair of daps or shoes, they don't get worn again that season. Weird as f*ck but there we go.

You must own more shoes than Imelda Marcos

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Fans leaving early on 07:49 - Mar 6 with 1676 viewsDr_Winston

If people want to leave early then that's their own business.

Personally I can't see the point of paying £400+ for a season ticket or £35 for a match ticket and not wanting to watch every second of the game, but if people are that frightened of an extra half hour stuck in traffic then that's their decision.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fans leaving early on 07:59 - Mar 6 with 1664 viewsNeath_Jack

Fans leaving early on 07:43 - Mar 6 by SwansNZ

You must own more shoes than Imelda Marcos

Over a 100 pairs, easily.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024