Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great win but... 17:19 - Mar 4 with 6011 viewsRancid

Our defence hasn't imporoved as much as we think.Sure, we've tightened up since Rodeo BobBradley was here but that's 18 in 9 games after today and under Clement.We've vastly improved in midfield with Tom Carroll and at LB with Olsson but we're still very shaky when it comes to 3 out of our defensive rearguard.I think we need upgrades on Fernandez, Naughton and some real competition for Fabianski,Good keeper but needs to be kept on his toes to perform consistently.

The rest of the park I think we're decent.But if we want to step up to that next level then we need to make improvements or bring in stiff competition for the 3 mentioned.

Fantastic win, great atmospher and a bit of breathing space between us and the bottom 3 now.

In Clement we Trust!!
Great win but... on 19:06 - Mar 4 with 2143 viewsmonmouth

We were set up to attack today and the defence was mostly fine. Five or six one wouldn't have flattered us, and with a bit of luck and a referee that wasn't an utter jerk, that's what it would have been. They made one error which was punished well but for the rest of the time we had Burnley in our pockets.

We were terrific today I thought. Terrific.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Great win but... on 19:09 - Mar 4 with 2123 viewsRancid

Great win but... on 19:06 - Mar 4 by monmouth

We were set up to attack today and the defence was mostly fine. Five or six one wouldn't have flattered us, and with a bit of luck and a referee that wasn't an utter jerk, that's what it would have been. They made one error which was punished well but for the rest of the time we had Burnley in our pockets.

We were terrific today I thought. Terrific.

We were but it's you score 2 and we score 3.
Great win but... on 19:10 - Mar 4 with 2115 viewsmonmouth

Great win but... on 19:09 - Mar 4 by Rancid

They should never have scored two mun Ranc, they were never in the game. Another day that's a hammering for them.

Great win but... on 19:19 - Mar 4 with 2048 viewsRancid

Great win but... on 19:10 - Mar 4 by monmouth

They should never have scored two mun Ranc, they were never in the game. Another day that's a hammering for them.

Of course not but they did and Burnley scored 2 at our place.They'd have settled for that before the game.Our defence and shape has improved 10 fold since Clement and Claude took over but I'd still like to see us upgrade on Naughton and Fernandez and put some pressure on Fabianski as well.

It's all good but we need to keep moving and I just hope that Fernandez continues his good form under Clement which might save us the bother of upgrading what with his new contract.Naughton is a definite weak link though.He done ok today but overall in this league I think it's a step too far for the lad.This'll sound daft but I thought Jazz Richards was the better player.
Great win but... on 19:22 - Mar 4 with 2015 viewsDr_Winston

It has improved a lot, but that second goal was a lesson in not switching off no matter how dominant you've been that Clement will no doubt hammer home.

Rangel came on and did the exact same thing as Naughton, so it looks as if we're tactically less keen on overlapping on the right as well as the left.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Great win but... on 19:40 - Mar 4 with 1938 viewsClinton

Happy with Fab and Fede.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Great win but... on 20:36 - Mar 4 with 1819 viewsLeonWasGod

Great win but... on 17:44 - Mar 4 by Rancid

I don't think it's improved a lot to be honest.Other players tracking back, Jack Cork upping his game, Claude Makalele marshalling us has made us an all round harder working side and keeping our shape at the same time at the back.Still room for improvement though back there I think.

And I'm not putting a dampener on today, huge result for us in staying up and the one thing we've improved on with bells on under Clement is discipline and keeping our shape.

"Other players tracking back, Jack Cork upping his game" IS defence though. That's all part of defending better as a unit with all players knowing their roles. Of course the individual players haven't suddenly become better, but we're defending far better as a group. The difference in our shape and defensive discipline between Bob and now is huge.

One mistake today, but other than that they barely had a sniff. And when they did get a lucky deflection Fab got across very well to make a finger tip save.

Always room for improvement though.
Great win but... on 20:40 - Mar 4 with 1796 viewsSwansNZ

Great win but... on 17:54 - Mar 4 by Griffting

They had one chance and a ridiculous pen.

Literally was it.

Fair play to Grey he took the chance well.

Exactly.

Fab had a couple of long range shots to deal with, but nothing else. If you can’t see the defence is better now than a couple of months ago, then there is no hope.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

Great win but... on 20:45 - Mar 4 with 1758 viewsRancid

Great win but... on 20:36 - Mar 4 by LeonWasGod

"Other players tracking back, Jack Cork upping his game" IS defence though. That's all part of defending better as a unit with all players knowing their roles. Of course the individual players haven't suddenly become better, but we're defending far better as a group. The difference in our shape and defensive discipline between Bob and now is huge.

One mistake today, but other than that they barely had a sniff. And when they did get a lucky deflection Fab got across very well to make a finger tip save.

Always room for improvement though.

I agree completely as I've said already said on this thread what you've just written out.Do you think Taylor would be thriving in Clements back 4?
Great win but... on 21:00 - Mar 4 with 1698 viewsRancid

Great win but... on 20:40 - Mar 4 by SwansNZ

Exactly.

Fab had a couple of long range shots to deal with, but nothing else. If you can’t see the defence is better now than a couple of months ago, then there is no hope.

Where have I said the defence isnt better than a few months ago? Have a read through again and read it properly.There's still room for improvement and 18 conceded in 9 is poor no matter how much we've improved but we're scoring thankfully and it's getting us out of trouble.

The defence is better but there's so much room for improvement.
Great win but... on 21:05 - Mar 4 with 1669 viewsperchrockjack

Better means just that

Seems the Stepford husbands are amongst us

Incredible

Really

Defence needs to be even better

Look at goals conceded

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Great win but... on 21:17 - Mar 4 with 1614 viewsjack2jack

Not saying it's perfect,but certainly better than it was a few short weeks ago,there was a time when every ball into our box resulted in a goal,given time it'll get even better.Positivity what ever next!
Great win but... on 21:26 - Mar 4 with 1570 viewsLoyal

Same defence for a number of games.
Much improved.
Burnley only scored one today.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Great win but... on 12:54 - Mar 5 with 1246 viewsfelixstowe_jack

33 in 11 games with Bradley
15 in 8 with Clement

Do the sums 1 goal less conceded per game it better even if we have only played, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City who are all know for their lack of goal scoring.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Great win but... on 13:14 - Mar 5 with 1203 viewsunion_jack

Great win but... on 21:26 - Mar 4 by Loyal

Same defence for a number of games.
Much improved.
Burnley only scored one today.

I'd wager that if they hadn't scored the one that shouldn't be mentioned, they wouldn't have scored the one. If you get my drift.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Great win but... on 14:52 - Mar 5 with 1038 viewsGlyn1

Great win but... on 21:00 - Mar 4 by Rancid

Where have I said the defence isnt better than a few months ago? Have a read through again and read it properly.There's still room for improvement and 18 conceded in 9 is poor no matter how much we've improved but we're scoring thankfully and it's getting us out of trouble.

The defence is better but there's so much room for improvement.

It's amazing the arguments that we get into when we're all basically agreeing with each other.

However, I don't think that 18 goals from those particular 9 fixtures is too bad and I imagine that other teams would have done the same or worse (can't be bothered to check that but it's my gut feeling).

I truly don't get the dismissive comments about Fabianski though because he seems to me to be in the top 10 of the goalkeepers in the Premier League. He made a couple of excellent saves yesterday.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Great win but... on 07:42 - Mar 6 with 978 viewsJethroJack

Without doubt, we are THE MOST IMPROVED side in the Premier League since 2017 arrived, and its all down to PC et al's positive influence on EVERY player, those already here & new recruits. Confidence, leadership, individual talent, teamwork, mental strength has all improved since PC arrived.

We wasted 11 games this season, if (sorry, WHEN) we stay up...it will be an incredible achievement.

Next trick is....can we hang on to PC, his influence won't have gone unnoticed.
Great win but... on 08:21 - Mar 6 with 965 viewsE20Jack

Great win but... on 19:09 - Mar 4 by Rancid

That is as far away from our mentality as could possibly be. They just happened to score 2, one which was gifted to them for no apparent reason by the ref and thother was a well taken goal, which was possibly 1 of only 2 chances they had in the match (fictional pen aside). You are making it sound as if it was an end to end open game - it wasnt.

71% posession to their 29%
24 shots to their 5 (I have removed the penalty)
9 corners to their 2.

We battered them offensively and resitricted them to only 1 clear goal scoring chance all game (which they scored excellently from) and that is it. We should have won about 6-1.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2017 8:22]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Great win but... on 08:35 - Mar 6 with 951 viewsItchySphincter

All PL defences are a bit shite and pretty much all the teams have a solid goalscorer. Hull are as likely to score a couple against Manure as they are to concede a couple or more. Even at our most cowardly worst under Bob we were still scoring a few goals here and there. Our defence isn't particularly shit hot but they're on the right path and improving. Our midfielders and attackers actually attacking is helping a lot.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Great win but... on 18:54 - Mar 6 with 878 viewsRancid

Great win but... on 08:21 - Mar 6 by E20Jack

That is as far away from our mentality as could possibly be. They just happened to score 2, one which was gifted to them for no apparent reason by the ref and thother was a well taken goal, which was possibly 1 of only 2 chances they had in the match (fictional pen aside). You are making it sound as if it was an end to end open game - it wasnt.

71% posession to their 29%
24 shots to their 5 (I have removed the penalty)
9 corners to their 2.

We battered them offensively and resitricted them to only 1 clear goal scoring chance all game (which they scored excellently from) and that is it. We should have won about 6-1.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2017 8:22]

Should have would have could hasve innit.18 goials in 9 games and the worst stat for goals against in the league and since we've been up here.You keepthose rose tinted glasses on me old cockle and I'll just point out where we can improve on.
Great win but... on 19:03 - Mar 6 with 867 viewsRancid

Great win but... on 14:52 - Mar 5 by Glyn1

It's amazing the arguments that we get into when we're all basically agreeing with each other.

However, I don't think that 18 goals from those particular 9 fixtures is too bad and I imagine that other teams would have done the same or worse (can't be bothered to check that but it's my gut feeling).

I truly don't get the dismissive comments about Fabianski though because he seems to me to be in the top 10 of the goalkeepers in the Premier League. He made a couple of excellent saves yesterday.

I'm a big fan of Fabianski but he'sdropped a few clangers this season and there's no getting away from that.Nordvelt aint gonna push him or be a threat to his position so just to keep Fab on his toes and just like every other PL team, we should have another keeper who will keep Fab on his toes and if he nheeds dropping then this competent understudy can step in,
Great win but... on 19:14 - Mar 6 with 852 viewsmonmouth

Great win but... on 19:03 - Mar 6 by Rancid

I'm a big fan of Fabianski but he'sdropped a few clangers this season and there's no getting away from that.Nordvelt aint gonna push him or be a threat to his position so just to keep Fab on his toes and just like every other PL team, we should have another keeper who will keep Fab on his toes and if he nheeds dropping then this competent understudy can step in,

Not many teams have a spare keeper that seriously threatens their first choice; there just simply aren't the opportunities. Fabianski has been off the boil for a long time though (Dwight is right but probably a jot too obsessive) and for one of our highest paid players he needs to up his game.

Great win but... on 19:35 - Mar 6 with 838 viewsRancid

All the top sides have, Mon....Cech - Ospina,Courtios - Begovic, Lloris - Vorm, De Gea - Romero, Frazier - McCarthy, Butland - Grant (who's now playing regulary for Stoke.

I understand my examples are from big big clubs who can afford to let a keeper sit on the bench all season without kicking a ball but out of all the sides who aren't capapble of this then I think Swansea's is the poorest.There's no way Nordvelt would push Fabianski or even give him food for thought.If a player is underperforming, which Fab has been for a while then he needs to know he isn't indispensible and there's someone waiting in the wings should he not up his game.I don't think we have at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024