Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If u had cancer ,would u prefer to know how long u got left? 17:10 - Jan 5 with 5081 viewsSwanjack10

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

If u had cancer ,would u prefer to know how long u got left? (n/t) on 00:27 - Jan 6 with 1101 viewsSwanjack10

[Post edited 6 Jan 2017 7:29]

If u had cancer ,would u prefer to know how long u got left? on 11:51 - Jan 6 with 1029 viewssbwng

I lost my father, aunt and uncle all within 18 months. Losing my father sent me to the edge, quite literally. Looking back it was clear that my dad wasn't right for a while, but hid it the best he could from us, to the point where he couldn't hide it no more. I was never angry about that, more sad that his fear of that word made him try and conceal it from us - his dad died from colon cancer and from that day on dodged the word. Even upon his diagnosis he never mentioned it, all he said was "Well that's that, then"

Don't be afraid to talk about it, and if it happens to me (which seems pretty likely given how my dads side of the family have been decimated by it) I'll do all I can to keep my loved ones informed

Thoughts with you, Jase

Goulet

If u had cancer ,would u prefer to know how long u got left? on 15:40 - Jan 6 with 978 viewsNogginthenog

If u had cancer ,would u prefer to know how long u got left? on 11:51 - Jan 6 by sbwng

I lost my father, aunt and uncle all within 18 months. Losing my father sent me to the edge, quite literally. Looking back it was clear that my dad wasn't right for a while, but hid it the best he could from us, to the point where he couldn't hide it no more. I was never angry about that, more sad that his fear of that word made him try and conceal it from us - his dad died from colon cancer and from that day on dodged the word. Even upon his diagnosis he never mentioned it, all he said was "Well that's that, then"

Don't be afraid to talk about it, and if it happens to me (which seems pretty likely given how my dads side of the family have been decimated by it) I'll do all I can to keep my loved ones informed

Thoughts with you, Jase

You should talk to the genetics people at Singleton Hospital. They can do tests on your family's cancers to determine if you could be susceptible too. If you are susceptible then you can opt for regular check ups to ensure any chance of it getting hold of you can be dealt with at the earliest opportunity. My sister and I have recently been told that we do not have the gene despite me suffering colon cancer and my sister dying from an undiagnosable strain of cancer. The susceptibility is called Lynch syndrome so read up about it please.
If u had cancer ,would u prefer to know how long u got left? on 15:42 - Jan 6 with 977 viewssbwng

If u had cancer ,would u prefer to know how long u got left? on 15:40 - Jan 6 by Nogginthenog

You should talk to the genetics people at Singleton Hospital. They can do tests on your family's cancers to determine if you could be susceptible too. If you are susceptible then you can opt for regular check ups to ensure any chance of it getting hold of you can be dealt with at the earliest opportunity. My sister and I have recently been told that we do not have the gene despite me suffering colon cancer and my sister dying from an undiagnosable strain of cancer. The susceptibility is called Lynch syndrome so read up about it please.

Thank you very much for this, Nog. Hand on heart appreciate it

Goulet

If u had cancer ,would u prefer to know how long u got left? on 15:52 - Jan 6 with 965 viewsNogginthenog

If u had cancer ,would u prefer to know how long u got left? on 15:42 - Jan 6 by sbwng

Thank you very much for this, Nog. Hand on heart appreciate it

You are welcome mate, the genetics people in Swansea are fantastic, friendly and informative. If you are not in Swansea contact your local health authority, I think they all provide a service.

If you do have Lynch syndrome it is best to know so that you can take precautions, diet, regular checks, awareness of bodily function etc. It could save your life!

I hope you never have to suffer.
If u had cancer ,would u prefer to know how long u got left? on 15:58 - Jan 6 with 956 viewssbwng

If u had cancer ,would u prefer to know how long u got left? on 15:52 - Jan 6 by Nogginthenog

You are welcome mate, the genetics people in Swansea are fantastic, friendly and informative. If you are not in Swansea contact your local health authority, I think they all provide a service.

If you do have Lynch syndrome it is best to know so that you can take precautions, diet, regular checks, awareness of bodily function etc. It could save your life!

I hope you never have to suffer.

x

Goulet

If u had cancer ,would u prefer to know how long u got left? on 17:07 - Jan 6 with 939 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If u had cancer ,would u prefer to know how long u got left? on 22:21 - Jan 5 by Dyfnant

I live in a bungalow mate

Roy Hudd did. Fell off and he and Emu were no more

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

If u had cancer ,would u prefer to know how long u got left? on 18:08 - Jan 6 with 921 viewsSwanjack10

I was 50/50 on making a thread on this,glad i did now ,some very uplifting tales from the brave and affected ,good luck to you all,STID.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024