Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite radio station ? 19:00 - Nov 30 with 3443 viewsWxmJax

We have an internet radio in the kitchen and usually listen to Absolute 70's or 80's while cooking but they've become unavailable so I'm going through the stations (apparently there are 1202 in The UK) and I come across JUST GOOD SONGS. Pretty good and no adverts either. They also have JUST GOOD ROCK but I haven't listened to this yet although Ken Bruce still rules in my opinion.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Favourite radio station ? on 19:08 - Nov 30 with 2795 viewsDarran

Planet Rock everyday.

Oh and my mates just this minute bought a ticket for BJ at MSG tonight for a third of face value.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Favourite radio station ? on 19:09 - Nov 30 with 2793 viewsPrivate_Partz

BBC6 Music wins for me but if you like Ken then I doubt it will do for you. Personally I find Bruce a bored monotonous drone. Most radio stations are complete crap and, along with Cowell, are the main reason we have a perceived decline in music. I say 'perceived' because the talent is still threre. The pursuit of ratings by incompetence in the radio stations and rank ageism also contribute. Thank God for the Internet.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Favourite radio station ? on 19:14 - Nov 30 with 2785 viewsWxmJax

Yes but Ken has Pop Master on his programme and he plays Billy tracks that aren't Uptown Girl or Just The Way You Are.

Favourite radio station ? on 19:20 - Nov 30 with 2772 viewsSwanzay

Absolute 70s and 80s are still available, if DAB a retune is required as they now broadcast on a different channel.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2016 19:21]
Favourite radio station ? on 19:28 - Nov 30 with 2754 viewsgiantstoneater

Growing up used to be Radio Caroline and Luxembourg now mostly Planet Rock.
Favourite radio station ? on 19:40 - Nov 30 with 2733 viewsWxmJax

Favourite radio station ? on 19:08 - Nov 30 by Darran

Planet Rock everyday.

Oh and my mates just this minute bought a ticket for BJ at MSG tonight for a third of face value.

Planet Rock.....Where Rock Lives.....

and then they play Steely Dan or something

I do enjoy Alice Cooper though, especially the little insights he gives about songs he plays. BFBS is a good station at night from around 10pm, they have a good rock night, can't remember which night, could be tonight.

Nice buy for your mate. We were going to do the same last November but I chickened out the day before and bought crap seats on the bridge level. Fortunately someone gave us tickets for the side of the stage just beforehand. I think tonight is rescheduled from September.

Favourite radio station ? on 19:52 - Nov 30 with 2721 viewsImAlrightJack

Absolute Radio for me, although Radio X does have its moments all despite being a lesser version of the hugely missed XFM.
Favourite radio station ? on 19:53 - Nov 30 with 2719 viewsWxmJax

Favourite radio station ? on 19:28 - Nov 30 by giantstoneater

Growing up used to be Radio Caroline and Luxembourg now mostly Planet Rock.

I used to love Radio Luxembourg, when I could get a signal. Rob Jones, Howard Pearce (I think) and Steve Wright with his flask of soup when he used to be good. Trying to keep the tranny you had in bed quiet enough so your mum wouldn't hear you........until it was too late.

I've told you before, get that transvestite out of the house...NOW! ..........and turn that bloody radio off as well, I'm trying to get to sleep here!

Login to get fewer ads

Favourite radio station ? on 20:12 - Nov 30 with 2686 viewsfbreath

Favourite radio station ? on 19:53 - Nov 30 by WxmJax

I used to love Radio Luxembourg, when I could get a signal. Rob Jones, Howard Pearce (I think) and Steve Wright with his flask of soup when he used to be good. Trying to keep the tranny you had in bed quiet enough so your mum wouldn't hear you........until it was too late.

I've told you before, get that transvestite out of the house...NOW! ..........and turn that bloody radio off as well, I'm trying to get to sleep here!

If you like jazz funk disco soul etc then a Dutch station called dancegroove radio is fantastic.

And not jvz is not on there

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Favourite radio station ? on 20:53 - Nov 30 with 2651 viewsClinton

A couple of shows to look out for.
Paul Jones. Radio 2, Monday at 7, old style RnB and Blues.
Late Junction. 11pm Radio 3. Plays a very wide selection of things, usually stuff you won't have heard before, such as World music, Jazz, experimental, but so diverse you never know. Always interesting, tonight presented by the excellent Max Reinhart.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Favourite radio station ? on 21:03 - Nov 30 with 2636 viewsmonmouth

Favourite radio station ? on 20:53 - Nov 30 by Clinton

A couple of shows to look out for.
Paul Jones. Radio 2, Monday at 7, old style RnB and Blues.
Late Junction. 11pm Radio 3. Plays a very wide selection of things, usually stuff you won't have heard before, such as World music, Jazz, experimental, but so diverse you never know. Always interesting, tonight presented by the excellent Max Reinhart.

Late junction always accompanies us to the land of Noddy.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Favourite radio station ? on 21:07 - Nov 30 with 2624 viewsGowerjack

Favourite radio station ? on 21:03 - Nov 30 by monmouth

Late junction always accompanies us to the land of Noddy.

BBC6 Music.

Informed and enthusiastic dj's a broad mix of music both old and new.

And no feckin' adverts.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Favourite radio station ? on 21:21 - Nov 30 with 2602 viewsLoyal

Favourite radio station ? on 21:07 - Nov 30 by Gowerjack

BBC6 Music.

Informed and enthusiastic dj's a broad mix of music both old and new.

And no feckin' adverts.

👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Favourite radio station ? on 08:25 - Dec 1 with 2537 viewsDevz00

Absolute Radio is my usual go-to for music. I flick between that, Talk Sport and LBC on the daily commute.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Favourite radio station ? on 10:24 - Dec 1 with 2496 viewsAustinIsOurHero

smooth radio is always on in our house.

Easy like a Sunday morning!

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Favourite radio station ? on 11:01 - Dec 1 with 2475 viewsCountyJim

I flick between Radio 1 and Radio 2 love a bit of Pop Master and of course Serious Jockin no G mind

And Radio Wales love a bit of the Garden munn
Favourite radio station ? on 13:25 - Dec 1 with 2438 viewsbiggar

Heart FM . Especially with Jagger and Woody in the mornings.
Favourite radio station ? on 13:46 - Dec 1 with 2430 viewssbwng

BBC 6 Music is my favourite, but the office democracy deems Radio 2 the main station. Absolute 80s and 90s are quality, but as long as you have an account, as those f*cking adverts pop up more than a sh*t Swans transfer window

Goulet

Favourite radio station ? on 13:57 - Dec 1 with 2419 viewsperchrockjack

The Home Service
Or Silversum

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Favourite radio station ? on 14:03 - Dec 1 with 2414 viewsfather_jack

x

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Favourite radio station ? on 14:11 - Dec 1 with 2409 viewssbwng

Favourite radio station ? on 14:03 - Dec 1 by father_jack

x

Love you too x

Goulet

Favourite radio station ? on 17:10 - Dec 1 with 2352 viewsSgorioFruit

Radio Romania International

or

The Overcomer Ministry

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Favourite radio station ? on 17:20 - Dec 1 with 2346 viewsgiantstoneater

Favourite radio station ? on 19:53 - Nov 30 by WxmJax

Caroline and Luxembourg were hard to tune in but worth the effort still making the effort to hit some live music I was up in our capital city the other night watching Alter Bridge, Volbeat, Gojira and Like a storm cracking gig nowt beats a good live show a good radio station deep in the middle of the night good company! If you like your festivals recommend The Steelhouse Festival a small festival which is growing year by year catch it before it becomes too big!
Favourite radio station ? on 17:27 - Dec 1 with 2338 viewsSoberBaker

Currently enjoying Kisstory at the moment.

I'm having a mid-life crisis aren't I?

AMOW

Favourite radio station ? on 17:34 - Dec 1 with 2333 viewsDarran

Favourite radio station ? on 17:20 - Dec 1 by giantstoneater

Caroline and Luxembourg were hard to tune in but worth the effort still making the effort to hit some live music I was up in our capital city the other night watching Alter Bridge, Volbeat, Gojira and Like a storm cracking gig nowt beats a good live show a good radio station deep in the middle of the night good company! If you like your festivals recommend The Steelhouse Festival a small festival which is growing year by year catch it before it becomes too big!

My mate Johnnie Walker was the best on Radio Luxembourg.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024