Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE 10:39 - Nov 28 with 3703 viewstheloneranger

Turns out Cardiff council who want everything going to be based in Cardiff, have made themselves a laughing stock.

They've paid £30.000 for a tree that they thought was 40m high. Cardiff spokesman said that the tree would tower over the city, making it one of the tallest in the UK!!

Turns out when it was delivered, it was 40ft high

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 12:15 - Nov 28 with 3647 viewsdna

40m that would be on hell of a tree 130ft!!!!
CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 12:17 - Nov 28 with 3638 viewsPrivate_Partz

And late. Despite getting everything it is always refreshing to note they can't organise a p!ss up in a brewerey.
It would be amusing if not so much of our taxes were wasted on the Bubble. Fortunately it is just Cardiff that have funded this latest cock up ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 12:19 - Nov 28 with 3634 viewsLord_Bony

40ft not 40 m?

Like something straight out of Spinal Tap...what a joke..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 12:20 - Nov 28 with 3632 viewsLord_Bony

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 12:37 - Nov 28 with 3602 viewsnice_to_michu

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 12:17 - Nov 28 by Private_Partz

And late. Despite getting everything it is always refreshing to note they can't organise a p!ss up in a brewerey.
It would be amusing if not so much of our taxes were wasted on the Bubble. Fortunately it is just Cardiff that have funded this latest cock up ;-)

You're slacking Private Partz.

I expected you to post this story, or at least be the first to comment!
CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 12:40 - Nov 28 with 3601 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff council are always on the lookout for a nice little earner. The recent Landlord registration scheme which goes under the name of Rent Smart Wales, which costs an absolute fortune to register with, and gives Landlords the right to rent out their own property to tenants, is actually run by Cardiff City Council

Another example of the greedy b*stards in action
CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 12:43 - Nov 28 with 3595 viewsLord_Bony

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 12:40 - Nov 28 by controversial_jack

Cardiff council are always on the lookout for a nice little earner. The recent Landlord registration scheme which goes under the name of Rent Smart Wales, which costs an absolute fortune to register with, and gives Landlords the right to rent out their own property to tenants, is actually run by Cardiff City Council

Another example of the greedy b*stards in action

Well if the council gets the money ffrom the scheme and runs it instead of local agents then why not?

Makes sense to me.

Edit. Didnt realise this scheme was applied to all authorites across wales..thought it was just the jurisdictions of cardiff.

So yeah rather unfair if that is the case or does it go back to the public coffers to be redistributed?

This post has been edited by an administrator

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 12:48 - Nov 28 with 3584 viewsraynor94

Swansea is hardy in any position to gloat over a tree, when you look at that joke of one in Princess Way

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 13:07 - Nov 28 with 3552 viewscontroversial_jack

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 12:43 - Nov 28 by Lord_Bony

Well if the council gets the money ffrom the scheme and runs it instead of local agents then why not?

Makes sense to me.

Edit. Didnt realise this scheme was applied to all authorites across wales..thought it was just the jurisdictions of cardiff.

So yeah rather unfair if that is the case or does it go back to the public coffers to be redistributed?

This post has been edited by an administrator

The courses are run by private firms. £ 80 for the day course, £33 to register and then another £144 to have the licence.All this for the right to rent out your own property.

Rent scam wales I call it
CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 13:24 - Nov 28 with 3517 viewstheloneranger

Shows how much they looked into it before ordering a 40m tree.

The Rockefeller one is 80ft tall !!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 14:36 - Nov 28 with 3458 viewswestwalesed

Not to mention the fact that they ordered it from China. Nice to see that taxpayers money is being spread freely around the globe, I'm sure a company in Wales couldn't have done the job!

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 14:58 - Nov 28 with 3423 viewsfather_jack

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 12:48 - Nov 28 by raynor94

Swansea is hardy in any position to gloat over a tree, when you look at that joke of one in Princess Way

whats wrong with it?

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 15:09 - Nov 28 with 3411 viewsMurph75

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 14:58 - Nov 28 by father_jack

whats wrong with it?

I concur. Better than the joke we had last year.
CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 15:17 - Nov 28 with 3401 viewsBanosswan

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 12:48 - Nov 28 by raynor94

Nothing wrong with this year's one

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 15:24 - Nov 28 with 3386 viewsLeonWasGod

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 12:15 - Nov 28 by dna

40m that would be on hell of a tree 130ft!!!!

Feel sorry for the poor sod who had to stick the fairy on top of that!
CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 16:18 - Nov 28 with 3345 viewsepaul

Apparently this is it 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 16:37 - Nov 28 with 3324 viewssherpajacob

should have put Ron Davies on the case . He knows his way around the forests.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 16:55 - Nov 28 with 3307 viewssherpajacob

[Post edited 28 Nov 2016 16:56]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 19:58 - Nov 28 with 3195 viewsdickythorpe

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 16:55 - Nov 28 by sherpajacob

[Post edited 28 Nov 2016 16:56]

Blatant advertising for Fererro Rocher there!!!
CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 20:13 - Nov 28 with 3173 viewsGB11

It is 30 grand to rent.....

That can't be true surely?.

They're laughing it off as well.

Making jokes about their mistake.

That is the publics money ffs?/
CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 21:18 - Nov 28 with 3138 viewsBarrySwan

CARDIFF'S XMAS TREE on 13:07 - Nov 28 by controversial_jack

The courses are run by private firms. £ 80 for the day course, £33 to register and then another £144 to have the licence.All this for the right to rent out your own property.

Rent scam wales I call it

Maybe you do but presumably you haven't worked as a tradeperson in the many falling to pieces appallingly run rented properties around Wales and the UK over many years.

If you had you might have noticed the need for a registration process in order to counter the thousands of disgraceful landlords letting out properties many of which are unregistered as Houses of multiple occupancy and are under the radar of local authorities or other agencies which should be ensuring a decent standard of property for tenants,

Perhaps if you had any extensive first hand experience of the thousands of rogue landlords ripping off tenants in substandard and often appallingly dangerous properties you might have a slightly different view.

It's been apparant to me that there has been a neee for registering and monitoring landlords for decades.

My complaint would be that as usual the authorities and politicians are years late with the implamentation of compulsory landlord registration.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024