Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sh*t it has to be guidolin 01:15 - May 8 with 8671 viewsKingBony

guys, I've had my doubts since he came in but feck me he has to stay doesn't he?

I'd actually feel like sh*t if he's not here next season :( he's deserved it hasn't he?

Yes there have been a few questionable games and subs but surely we can't ignore what he's done can we?

The worst thing is I'm typing this because I believe he's already gone but I'm struggling with that.

He deserves another go doesn't he :(

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 11:29 - May 8 with 2385 viewsGlyn1

Here's our results since Christmas, measured against the same fixtures from last season, which were spread out throughout that season and which included Bony in some of the matches. So far, we're 8 points better off.

West Brom (H): Won both
Palace (A): Lost / Drew (= +1 point)
Southampton (H): Lost both
Spurs (A): Lost both
Arsenal (A): Won both
Norwich (H): Not applicable
Bournemouth (A): Not applicable
Aston Villa (H): Won both
Stoke (A): Lost / Drew (= +1 point)
Chelsea (H): Lost / Won (= +3 points)
Newcastle (A): Won / Lost (= -3 points)
Leicester (A): Lost both
Liverpool (H): Lost / Won (= +3 points)
West Ham (A): Lost / Won (= + 3 points)
Man City (H): Lost / ?

Like most people here, I think that the decision has already been made and they are going through with it. In that case, it is a classic case of someone cutting off their nose to spite their face. We are going to gift an outstanding manager to one of our relegation rivals (i.e. Watford) all for the sake of replacing him with an inferior manager (Rodgers).

It may be wishful thinking on my part, but if Francesco could take the 56 points from last season and add another 8 points to them, then we would be fighting for a Champions League spot.

It's a no-brainer, Huw, sign him!
[Post edited 8 May 2016 11:32]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 11:33 - May 8 with 2371 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 11:29 - May 8 by Glyn1

Here's our results since Christmas, measured against the same fixtures from last season, which were spread out throughout that season and which included Bony in some of the matches. So far, we're 8 points better off.

Like most people here, I think that the decision has already been made and they are going through with it. In that case, it is a classic case of someone cutting off their nose to spite their face. We are going to gift an outstanding manager to one of our relegation rivals (i.e. Watford) all for the sake of replacing him with an inferior manager (Rodgers).

It may be wishful thinking on my part, but if Francesco could take the 56 points from last season and add another 8 points to them, then we would be fighting for a Champions League spot.

Aye, and if reports are even close to being correct, we're going to pay that inferior manager two or three times as much as we would be paying the superior one.

Anyone seen Huw's marbles?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 11:36 - May 8 with 2365 viewsexiledclaseboy

"It may be wishful thinking on my part, but if Francesco could take the 56 points from last season and add another 8 points to them, then we would be fighting for a Champions League spot."

That's the most bizarre reasoning yet. This forum's gone mental.

Poll: Tory leader

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 12:09 - May 8 with 2308 viewsjack247

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 11:36 - May 8 by exiledclaseboy

"It may be wishful thinking on my part, but if Francesco could take the 56 points from last season and add another 8 points to them, then we would be fighting for a Champions League spot."

That's the most bizarre reasoning yet. This forum's gone mental.

It's not really, it's just stupidly worded.

'We got 56 points under Monk in his good season, another 8 would have seen is there or thereabouts for the CL places. Is Guidolin capable of improving on our best finish by another 8 points'

I don't see it happening, but I can kind of see the logic. Surely you don't think he was talking about adding two seasons points together?
Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 12:10 - May 8 with 2304 viewsexiledclaseboy

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 12:09 - May 8 by jack247

It's not really, it's just stupidly worded.

'We got 56 points under Monk in his good season, another 8 would have seen is there or thereabouts for the CL places. Is Guidolin capable of improving on our best finish by another 8 points'

I don't see it happening, but I can kind of see the logic. Surely you don't think he was talking about adding two seasons points together?

F*ck knows. But now you've explained it it makes more sense. Still a logical leap mind.

Poll: Tory leader

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 12:22 - May 8 with 2284 viewsjack247

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 12:10 - May 8 by exiledclaseboy

F*ck knows. But now you've explained it it makes more sense. Still a logical leap mind.

Yes and it's still massively ambitious.
Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 12:22 - May 8 with 2284 viewsnice_to_michu

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 11:33 - May 8 by Joe_bradshaw

Aye, and if reports are even close to being correct, we're going to pay that inferior manager two or three times as much as we would be paying the superior one.

Anyone seen Huw's marbles?

I would love to see Rodgers back here though.

He's bound to have improved as a manager since his time away from the Swans too.
Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 12:42 - May 8 with 2255 viewsGlyn1

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 12:10 - May 8 by exiledclaseboy

Cut me some slack ECB, it's Sunday morning and I'm still half asleep. From now on, I'm sending all of my posts to jack247 beforehand so that he can improve them.

[Post edited 8 May 2016 12:43]

Login to get fewer ads

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 12:46 - May 8 with 2248 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 12:22 - May 8 by nice_to_michu

He's bound to have improved as a manager since his time away from the Swans too.

Well yes. He's blown over 300 million since.......

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 12:49 - May 8 with 2236 viewsjack247

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 12:22 - May 8 by nice_to_michu

He probably has. I doubt he is at Guidolins level though. Still, if he does come back, I really don't see it being a disaster.
Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 17:06 - May 8 with 2136 viewsDavillin

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 11:29 - May 8 by Glyn1

Some might find this a bit clearer:

The opponents are arranged in the order they were played in the second half of the season so that they would match up.
[Post edited 8 May 2016 17:09]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 17:15 - May 8 with 2111 viewsjack247

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 17:06 - May 8 by Davillin

The opponents are arranged in the order they were played in the second half of the season so that they would match up.

Thanks for the graph, but this is one of those situations that doesn't require one. We had an inexperienced manager for the first half of the season and we were awful. We had someone who really knew his stuff in the second and we improved beyond recognition. Nothing more to it.
Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 17:48 - May 8 with 2065 viewsicecoldjack

The new swansea way is to make sure where possible we strengthen our rivals if not with players then maybe managers like FG who have cut their teeth learnt the league and are ready to use the knowledge to improve.

I'm hoping this is all a classic huw smoke and mirrors ploy but it looks like FG won't be the man .
Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 18:13 - May 8 with 2014 viewsGlyn1

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 17:06 - May 8 by Davillin

Yes, this is much more clear. The improvement is striking.

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 18:14 - May 8 with 2010 viewsjack247

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 17:48 - May 8 by icecoldjack

The new swansea way is to make sure where possible we strengthen our rivals if not with players then maybe managers like FG who have cut their teeth learnt the league and are ready to use the knowledge to improve.

I'm hoping this is all a classic huw smoke and mirrors ploy but it looks like FG won't be the man .

Depressingly likely post.
Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 19:30 - May 8 with 1819 viewsEasternJack

A change of coach is a done deal according to Jason M at the BBC. He was openly discussing this with a friend of mine a few days ago.

A bit of a shame if true, the only context is accept us if this goes back to December's shenanigans - ie the deal was done then and Curt/Guidio were always interim - regardless of performance.

Still secretly holding out for Bielsa

Ola

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 21:11 - May 8 with 1762 viewsDavillin

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 17:15 - May 8 by jack247

Thanks for the graph, but this is one of those situations that doesn't require one. We had an inexperienced manager for the first half of the season and we were awful. We had someone who really knew his stuff in the second and we improved beyond recognition. Nothing more to it.

For you there might be "nothing more to it," but for some, it is clearer if quantified. Even moreso for some if made visual.

In both cases, there is a tangential benefit -- the issue of "subjectivity" is avoided.

Fortunately for all of us, my statistical graphs are up there for only those who find them useful.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 21:18 - May 8 with 1749 viewsjack247

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 21:11 - May 8 by Davillin

For you there might be "nothing more to it," but for some, it is clearer if quantified. Even moreso for some if made visual.

In both cases, there is a tangential benefit -- the issue of "subjectivity" is avoided.

Fortunately for all of us, my statistical graphs are up there for only those who find them useful.

I'm not knocking the graph. I enjoyed the recent ones that showed our relegation rivals maximum points hauls. Found them more useful than looking at the table and guessing possibilities.

Just saying in this instance, what is depicts is that results have improved dramatically since Guidolin (and Curtis) took over from Monk. Everyone already knew that.

If some find a graph some kind of reaffirmation of that though, then fair enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024