Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam Johnson 12:26 - Feb 10 with 26270 viewsdaveB

Adam Johnson has pleaded guilty to grooming and having sex with a child

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35541528
Adam Johnson on 20:29 - Feb 10 with 4110 viewsWestonsuperR

Adam Johnson on 16:52 - Feb 10 by QPRDave

I saw the footage you're talking about Bklyn and I too couldn't believe it............But.....I noticed he had a Manchester City crest on his blazer pocket. So i'm wondering if this is old footage of something else.
Have a look next time it's on

Some of the footage of him shown on TV today was not from today's court case, looked pretty obvious to me that this was older footage of him attending some sort of event at a Nightclub or restaurant.
Adam Johnson on 21:10 - Feb 10 with 4019 viewsingeminate

Adam Johnson on 18:40 - Feb 10 by themodfather

anyone think there's a deal in this???
he'll get a non jail sentence for co-operating, but can a convicted nonce play football?
kids are in stadium, at training grounds....good line in the film mcvicar "sex case sex case, hang him hang him hang him"

It's either a deal or completely overwhelming evidence.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Adam Johnson on 21:16 - Feb 10 with 4009 viewsWatford_Ranger

No doubt the mob who won't rest until Evans retires or dies will be out in force to stop him ever playing again.
Adam Johnson on 21:30 - Feb 10 with 3983 viewspaulparker

Adam Johnson on 21:16 - Feb 10 by Watford_Ranger

No doubt the mob who won't rest until Evans retires or dies will be out in force to stop him ever playing again.

you obviously don't have a daughter because Evans & Johnson deserve to have there legs broken
Both are scumbags and should be no where near a football club

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Adam Johnson on 21:51 - Feb 10 with 3929 viewsWatford_Ranger

Adam Johnson on 21:30 - Feb 10 by paulparker

you obviously don't have a daughter because Evans & Johnson deserve to have there legs broken

I don't have a daughter, not that it's relevant. I just think it's very wrong that someone who served their time for doing something that seems no different to what goes on regularly all over the country, isn't able to do his job. Clubs that went near him were intimidated and blackmailed out of it.

We'll see what happens to Johnson. Whether he does time or not, I expect as he's a footballer he won't be able to work again. If he was on £300 a week in the conference or a bricklayer nobody would bat an eyelid.
Adam Johnson on 21:51 - Feb 10 with 3928 viewsQPRDave

Adam Johnson on 21:30 - Feb 10 by paulparker

Paul I can see you're very strong views on this, and quite right too.
But we have had 2 players I can think of off the top of my head who have played on after killing people. Now I know that doesn't mean these 2 should be let off or make their crimes any less serious, but the evidence in the Evans case is questionable, from what I've read.
Adam Johnson on 21:59 - Feb 10 with 3906 viewspaulparker

Adam Johnson on 21:51 - Feb 10 by QPRDave

Paul I can see you're very strong views on this, and quite right too.
But we have had 2 players I can think of off the top of my head who have played on after killing people. Now I know that doesn't mean these 2 should be let off or make their crimes any less serious, but the evidence in the Evans case is questionable, from what I've read.

Sorry Dave who are the two players we have had who have killed people ? My brain can't think of anyone at QPR
I feel strongly as child grooming Is sick I have a daughter the same age and if a 28 year old man tried the same thing I would skin him alive
As for Evans he had sex with a girl who was out of it after his mate had a go, if that is not the actions of a wrong un I don't know what is

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Adam Johnson on 21:59 - Feb 10 with 3907 viewsGloryHunter

Say what you like about paedophiles - but at least they drive slowly past schools.
Login to get fewer ads

Adam Johnson on 22:26 - Feb 10 with 3859 viewsQPRDave

Adam Johnson on 21:59 - Feb 10 by paulparker

Sorry Dave who are the two players we have had who have killed people ? My brain can't think of anyone at QPR
I feel strongly as child grooming Is sick I have a daughter the same age and if a 28 year old man tried the same thing I would skin him alive
As for Evans he had sex with a girl who was out of it after his mate had a go, if that is not the actions of a wrong un I don't know what is

Sorry Paul it's a turn of phrase I use.
When I say we I mean't as a country in general, not QPR ...sorry
I was thinking of the old WBA striker (can't remember his name now) and Luke McCormick at Plymouth.
I agree with you totally don't get me wrong re Johnson, and yes Evans it seems does have a strange taste in sex.
But I saw something the otherday about a fella accused of penetrating a woman on Waterloo station. Apparently the cps believed this was possible in about 2 secs and while holding a newspaper and briefcase. There was a woman who normally campaigns for women's rights, who was saying the cps are basically anti-men and have been for several yrs. Just makes me think if the pendulum has moved too far the other way whether evidence needs to be concrete, and beyond question
[Post edited 10 Feb 2016 22:38]
Adam Johnson on 23:55 - Feb 10 with 3718 viewsQPR_Jim

Adam Johnson on 22:26 - Feb 10 by QPRDave

Sorry Paul it's a turn of phrase I use.
When I say we I mean't as a country in general, not QPR ...sorry
I was thinking of the old WBA striker (can't remember his name now) and Luke McCormick at Plymouth.
I agree with you totally don't get me wrong re Johnson, and yes Evans it seems does have a strange taste in sex.
But I saw something the otherday about a fella accused of penetrating a woman on Waterloo station. Apparently the cps believed this was possible in about 2 secs and while holding a newspaper and briefcase. There was a woman who normally campaigns for women's rights, who was saying the cps are basically anti-men and have been for several yrs. Just makes me think if the pendulum has moved too far the other way whether evidence needs to be concrete, and beyond question
[Post edited 10 Feb 2016 22:38]

Lee Hughes?

I think there is an arguement that both of them (Hughes and McCormick) should never have been allowed to play proffesional football again, same with Evans and Johnson. While I'd normally think that after serving your time you should be allowed to get on with the rest of their life, it doesn't feel right for people in the public eye. To expand on that, they are well paid public figure's and it seems like a privilege that shouldn't be afforded to them after committing a serious crime especially if that privilege made them feel they could get away with the crime in the first place.
Adam Johnson on 07:15 - Feb 11 with 3610 viewsQPRDave

Adam Johnson on 23:55 - Feb 10 by QPR_Jim

Lee Hughes?

I think there is an arguement that both of them (Hughes and McCormick) should never have been allowed to play proffesional football again, same with Evans and Johnson. While I'd normally think that after serving your time you should be allowed to get on with the rest of their life, it doesn't feel right for people in the public eye. To expand on that, they are well paid public figure's and it seems like a privilege that shouldn't be afforded to them after committing a serious crime especially if that privilege made them feel they could get away with the crime in the first place.

Upon reflection Jim , I agree with you and Paul Parker. I don't want to be seen as someone defending rape, grooming, or killers.
Yes I can see what you mean about, privileged careers .
The case of the man at the station is completely different I realise and shouldn't be used in this debate
Adam Johnson on 10:20 - Feb 11 with 3516 viewsCiderwithRsie

Adam Johnson on 15:31 - Feb 10 by BklynRanger

I saw the footage of apparently him heading into court. Quite an amazing side to side strut going on - even if it was false bravado it looked ridiculous. But he topped that quite nicely by stopping to sign a couple of autographs. Signing fcuking autographs on his way in on child sex charges! What can you say?

Not to mention, asking for the autograph of a bloke on his way etc.

World gone mad.

Oops, just read the next few posts. Maybe not so crazy after all.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 10:22]
Adam Johnson on 10:36 - Feb 11 with 3502 viewsCiderwithRsie

Adam Johnson on 23:55 - Feb 10 by QPR_Jim

Lee Hughes?

Tricky one this. In principle, people should be allowed rehabilitation after serving their time, otherwise what's the point of setting a sentence.

But footballers are so well paid that simply going back into football after a serious offence seems a bit rich - I mean, rehabilitation for most ex-cons is, I understand, pretty hard going and means starting over, not just walking back into a job which allows you to retire in your thirties.

Football does have its own rules about bringing the game into disrepute, which covers stuff that is not actually illegal. I do think the cases mentioned here come into that category and might warrant a ban for some years from league football. In cricket Mohamed Ameer not only served a sentence for fraud in relation to fixing but also had a ban from all cricket for 5 years. Plenty of cricketers, including Pakistanis, think he should have got a lifetime ban. And the only victims of that crime were the bookies.

In the Ched Evans case there was also a lot of extraneous stuff, with the girl getting a lot of abuse online and Evans being pretty unrepentant in public, which I think has a bit of a bearing on why some people went to the opposite extreme.
Adam Johnson on 10:58 - Feb 11 with 3475 viewsrobith

Adam Johnson on 21:51 - Feb 10 by Watford_Ranger

I don't have a daughter, not that it's relevant. I just think it's very wrong that someone who served their time for doing something that seems no different to what goes on regularly all over the country, isn't able to do his job. Clubs that went near him were intimidated and blackmailed out of it.

We'll see what happens to Johnson. Whether he does time or not, I expect as he's a footballer he won't be able to work again. If he was on £300 a week in the conference or a bricklayer nobody would bat an eyelid.

But that isn't what happens.

In many high professions such as government, law, medicine, finance if you commit a sexual offence you will no longer be able to work in that profession. Football doesn't have that framework, but I believe it should.
Adam Johnson on 12:51 - Feb 11 with 3367 viewsBluce_Ree

Framework or not, you can drink-drive your way through a nursery and some club will take you on. Diddle a kid up though and quite rightly you can f**k clean off to the dole queue, c*nt.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Adam Johnson on 13:24 - Feb 11 with 3150 viewsjonno

Adam Johnson on 10:36 - Feb 11 by CiderwithRsie

Tricky one this. In principle, people should be allowed rehabilitation after serving their time, otherwise what's the point of setting a sentence.

But footballers are so well paid that simply going back into football after a serious offence seems a bit rich - I mean, rehabilitation for most ex-cons is, I understand, pretty hard going and means starting over, not just walking back into a job which allows you to retire in your thirties.

Football does have its own rules about bringing the game into disrepute, which covers stuff that is not actually illegal. I do think the cases mentioned here come into that category and might warrant a ban for some years from league football. In cricket Mohamed Ameer not only served a sentence for fraud in relation to fixing but also had a ban from all cricket for 5 years. Plenty of cricketers, including Pakistanis, think he should have got a lifetime ban. And the only victims of that crime were the bookies.

In the Ched Evans case there was also a lot of extraneous stuff, with the girl getting a lot of abuse online and Evans being pretty unrepentant in public, which I think has a bit of a bearing on why some people went to the opposite extreme.

It isn't just the bookies who are victims when stuff like match fixing etc. happens in sport. In fact, they normally manage to protect themselves anyway by laying off bets. The real victims are the punters who are having a bet without being aware of the fiddling which is going on.
Adam Johnson on 13:56 - Feb 11 with 3117 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The Evans matter is under review and to be fair, is widely different to the allegations against Johnson.

Johnson, like Graham Rix, appears to have been in possession of the rather damning piece of knowledge, that he knew the age of the girl he slept with. This of course means that the 'honey-trap/I met her in a club for 21 y.o. and just look at her' defences, are denied him.

Evans however, has convinced the relevant authorities that his sentence should be reviewed on appeal. That does not mean he is innocent, but it does mean he has at least highlighted issue(s) that could render the original decision unsafe and lead to a legitimate overturning of the crown court decision.

The complainant was not a minor and if you see the footage of the pair of them going into a hotel, there certainly didn't appear much coercion. She also didn't do herself many favours tweeting about how she was going to 'win big' from this. Having dealt with rape victims, I can assure you they don't look to make such pathetic comments like that.

Of course, if his appeal is unsuccessful, then the decision stands and he will go through life as a convicted rapist and with it, will be rightly vilified.

His webpage is worth reading for people to draw their own conclusions (www.chedevans.com) and it all merely serves to show, that these young men often display such mindbogglingly crass decision making processes when on a night out.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Adam Johnson on 13:59 - Feb 11 with 3112 viewsNorthernr

Adam Johnson on 13:56 - Feb 11 by PlanetHonneywood

The Evans matter is under review and to be fair, is widely different to the allegations against Johnson.

Johnson, like Graham Rix, appears to have been in possession of the rather damning piece of knowledge, that he knew the age of the girl he slept with. This of course means that the 'honey-trap/I met her in a club for 21 y.o. and just look at her' defences, are denied him.

Evans however, has convinced the relevant authorities that his sentence should be reviewed on appeal. That does not mean he is innocent, but it does mean he has at least highlighted issue(s) that could render the original decision unsafe and lead to a legitimate overturning of the crown court decision.

The complainant was not a minor and if you see the footage of the pair of them going into a hotel, there certainly didn't appear much coercion. She also didn't do herself many favours tweeting about how she was going to 'win big' from this. Having dealt with rape victims, I can assure you they don't look to make such pathetic comments like that.

Of course, if his appeal is unsuccessful, then the decision stands and he will go through life as a convicted rapist and with it, will be rightly vilified.

His webpage is worth reading for people to draw their own conclusions (www.chedevans.com) and it all merely serves to show, that these young men often display such mindbogglingly crass decision making processes when on a night out.

His defence, such as it is, seems to be that they didn't 'go all the way'. He's admitted the grooming, the meeting and touching her - kissing - but is going to deny they actually went any further. For that to be his best defence, from whatever extortionate amount he's paying his defence team, suggests he's not in a good place legally!
Adam Johnson on 18:28 - Feb 11 with 2976 viewsQPRDave

Adidas , putting the boot in on Johnson now...........Well actually they're not putting the boot in!!
Adam Johnson on 19:45 - Feb 11 with 2896 viewsexiled_dictator

Adam Johnson on 18:28 - Feb 11 by QPRDave

Adidas , putting the boot in on Johnson now...........Well actually they're not putting the boot in!!

sunderland have done similar
tin tack

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35546894

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Adam Johnson on 19:46 - Feb 11 with 2889 viewsTripper

Sacked by Sunderland too.

Good response from the club.
Adam Johnson on 20:09 - Feb 11 with 2820 viewspaulparker

I'm sure that scummy club Oldham will sign him up, they love a wrong un there

Adam Johnson on 21:13 - Feb 11 with 2723 viewsWatford_Ranger

Adam Johnson on 18:28 - Feb 11 by QPRDave

A huge faux pas. He could have been the face of The Predator.
Adam Johnson on 21:24 - Feb 11 with 2692 viewsItalianR

Adam Johnson on 21:51 - Feb 10 by Watford_Ranger

But that's exactly the point. In the conference or as a bricklayer he wouldn't be a role model. As a footballer, being paid 50k per week after being convicted for a sexual offence would pass the message that fame buys you the right to do everything.
Adam Johnson on 21:35 - Feb 11 with 2663 viewsWatford_Ranger

Adam Johnson on 21:24 - Feb 11 by ItalianR

But that's exactly the point. In the conference or as a bricklayer he wouldn't be a role model. As a footballer, being paid 50k per week after being convicted for a sexual offence would pass the message that fame buys you the right to do everything.

Well it pretty much does. Footballers, politicians, actors, singers etc. live in another world. Footballers lead the most unnatural life possible from the age of 16 or so. They're paid squillions to put the ball in the net and know little of the rigours most go through day-to-day. If they're meant to be the role models then I blame the parents.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024