Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... 18:59 - Jan 29 with 3640 viewsJackfath

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/DVLA-tax-check-staff-parking-legally-Mum

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 19:04 - Jan 29 with 1857 viewsBanosswan

Council granted permission. But you know that.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 19:25 - Jan 29 with 1814 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 19:04 - Jan 29 by Banosswan

Council granted permission. But you know that.

Damn. If I'd have known, I would have issued them with my own invoice and when they refused to pay I would have taken them to court under the same legislation
Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 19:26 - Jan 29 with 1803 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 19:25 - Jan 29 by controversial_jack

Damn. If I'd have known, I would have issued them with my own invoice and when they refused to pay I would have taken them to court under the same legislation

Nah, you don't believe in the legitimacy of statute law.

Poll: Tory leader

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 19:36 - Jan 29 with 1782 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 19:26 - Jan 29 by exiledclaseboy

Nah, you don't believe in the legitimacy of statute law.

I wouldn't have expected to win - just being facetious
Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:00 - Jan 29 with 1740 viewsSwanzay

I highly doubt they have such privilege, if the scrutity of the law was actually enforced.

Bit like that councillor who parked illegally a few months back maybe ECB could shed some light?
Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:03 - Jan 29 with 1734 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:00 - Jan 29 by Swanzay

I highly doubt they have such privilege, if the scrutity of the law was actually enforced.

Bit like that councillor who parked illegally a few months back maybe ECB could shed some light?

Shed some light on what?

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:06 - Jan 29 with 1729 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:00 - Jan 29 by Swanzay

Exactly. The law is for everyone
Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:07 - Jan 29 with 1726 viewsJackfath

ECB was probably in the car taking the pictures of us all.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Login to get fewer ads

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:16 - Jan 29 with 1700 viewsSwanzay

Another case of if the public are told its ok, they do not question....Sheep.

Police patrol vehicles are unable to park on double yellows, without emergency situation so why are the DVLA allowed such?

Can you advise ECB?
Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:18 - Jan 29 with 1694 viewsjackal

My son was given a ticket when delivering a pizza.

The Post printed a picture of a traffic warden parked on a double yellow. The council said that it was ok because they were doing a job.

Traffic wardens are a bunch of ****s.
Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:20 - Jan 29 with 1682 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:16 - Jan 29 by Swanzay

Another case of if the public are told its ok, they do not question....Sheep.

Police patrol vehicles are unable to park on double yellows, without emergency situation so why are the DVLA allowed such?

Can you advise ECB?

Because as the article states, the council gave permission. not sure what else you want from me?

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:26 - Jan 29 with 1657 viewsSwanzay

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:20 - Jan 29 by exiledclaseboy

Because as the article states, the council gave permission. not sure what else you want from me?

Oh nothing wanted from you ECB, so what do normal folk have to do to be 'given permission'?
Just asking thats all!
Im guessing if there is no money to be made the council dont permit?
Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:29 - Jan 29 with 1649 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:26 - Jan 29 by Swanzay

Oh nothing wanted from you ECB, so what do normal folk have to do to be 'given permission'?
Just asking thats all!

What money is the council making from this activity?

And "normal"people are exempted from some parking restrictions all the time. Disabled people, residents etc.

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:31 - Jan 29 with 1643 viewsJackfath

It's disgraceful.

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:32 - Jan 29 with 1638 viewsHighjack

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:26 - Jan 29 by Swanzay

Just asking thats all!

You have to write to them for permission. They do grant it under certain circumstances.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:35 - Jan 29 with 1630 viewsSwanzay

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:29 - Jan 29 by exiledclaseboy

What money is the council making from this activity?

And "normal"people are exempted from some parking restrictions all the time. Disabled people, residents etc.

None of course, I just wanted your clarifiction, although as far as Im aware disabled people are not able to park on DY's for a long period?

Im only asking for your insight!
Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:39 - Jan 29 with 1616 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:35 - Jan 29 by Swanzay

None of course, I just wanted your clarifiction, although as far as Im aware disabled people are not able to park on DY's for a long period?

Im only asking for your insight!

My insight is that local authorities have legal powers to make, enforce and allow exemptions from parking restrictions. In this case they've clearly allowed an exemption so that the van can go about its business.

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:44 - Jan 29 with 1599 viewsSwanzay

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:39 - Jan 29 by exiledclaseboy

My insight is that local authorities have legal powers to make, enforce and allow exemptions from parking restrictions. In this case they've clearly allowed an exemption so that the van can go about its business.

Thanks for the clarifaction, so if they can generate money for Govt/council/police etc in some format they make exemptions?
Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:47 - Jan 29 with 1592 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:44 - Jan 29 by Swanzay

Thanks for the clarifaction, so if they can generate money for Govt/council/police etc in some format they make exemptions?

Yeah that's it. I'm legally allowed to park wherever I want as long as my car is displaying the requisite pass. One of the perks.

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:58 - Jan 29 with 1567 viewsSwanzay

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:47 - Jan 29 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah that's it. I'm legally allowed to park wherever I want as long as my car is displaying the requisite pass. One of the perks.

Great stuff,how about the M4?
Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:59 - Jan 29 with 1560 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:58 - Jan 29 by Swanzay

Great stuff,how about the M4?

We have a legal right to use the hard shoulder on all motorways.

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 21:05 - Jan 29 with 1545 viewsSwanzay

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:59 - Jan 29 by exiledclaseboy

We have a legal right to use the hard shoulder on all motorways.

as we all do..alas there is no ££ to be made from that though.
Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 21:17 - Jan 29 with 1520 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 20:39 - Jan 29 by exiledclaseboy

Councils don't have special legal powers, they have to abide by legislation like everyone else
Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 21:46 - Jan 29 with 1482 viewsSwanzay

Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 21:17 - Jan 29 by controversial_jack

Councils don't have special legal powers, they have to abide by legislation like everyone else

TBH I cant remember when councils were given permision to adjust the highway code or exemptions?
This is a strange one, as CJ says councils have no legal capability to fit purpose of money making, unless Im wrong?
Civil law and all that?
Parking on double yellows. One rule for one.......... on 22:03 - Jan 29 with 1463 viewsJohnw102

By the state of the double yellow lines, you could plead not guilty to parking there.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024