Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To all the moaners, nay-sayers and 09:45 - Jan 14 with 8235 viewscaerleon_jack

...can't-wait-to-blame-HJ-ers...

Teams have survived after being in far, far worse positions than ours.

Look up rather than down. Win our next two games and we can be mid-table(ish). Lose our next two games and we'll still probably be two games away from mid-table.

Be positive. I'd much rather spend the rest of the season being positive and enjoying Premier League while we're in it, than spending the next 5 months moaning and waiting to gloat that I was right about being doomed. Seriously, the fact that some of you will not be happy until we are relegated is sickening.

Remember where we came from. All those crowing that HJ has ruined us and made so many mistakes over the last two years. HJ has been lauded, and quite rightly, for the way he's run the club since he became chairman. He's not a foreign owner who's lost interest, he's a local man who is doing his best for the club. He's made a few duff decisions, but he's got the best interests of the club at heart. Show me someone who is ready and able to do a better job.

Last night was an important game. However, that one game is not going to decide our season. We suffered some dreadful referee decisions, and the fact the Big Sam has admitted that shows that this is not some case of some fans thinking the ref picked on us because we're Welsh. The ref and his assistants were inept and potentially cost us a point if not three. We didn't play brilliantly, but we would have gotten something from that game with better officials.

If you are a supporter, the message is clear for the next 5 months. Support the team. Get behind them. Believe.

Insert something witty here

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:23 - Jan 14 with 1570 viewsperchrockjack

Saving aside the ageist kant ,youre quite happy then jackapes.
You ll find most comment from decent posters is aimed where it should, ie the players and board. For you, its a matter of simply abuse.

Now, you managed to understand all that ?

Ive commented previously about the likes of you being more interested in personal agenda and it really is tedious.

Finally,son, you ll find plenty of people can disagree in life without the need to abuse .

If you want to post abuse, seriously pm me.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:26 - Jan 14 with 1564 viewsJackanapes

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:23 - Jan 14 by costalotta

Again No. They dithered over that. It was plain to see for at least 3 months and after the Bournemouth game is when he should have gone. They've are a bungling mess at the moment, and it pains me to say that.

If they'd been decisive monk would have gone earlier, we'd have a manager by now. If you can't see they ph uck ed this up big time then your head is in the sand.

Interesting logic. Life isnt binary.
You also have no idea what would have happend if wed sacked Monk earlier. We may have had even less chance of finding a manager as he still had a fair amount of support in the media even when we got rid. If we had sacked him earlier we would got roundly savaged.
Thats the thing if you deal in hypotheticals.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 10:29]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:30 - Jan 14 with 1537 viewsperchrockjack

Its my birthday today and Ive had lots of cards ,messages and a promise from the wife.

SADLY, the day is meaningless somehow.

Thankfully, the good Lord has instructed me to place jackape on ignore.

Only the really select crew make that list

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:31 - Jan 14 with 1532 viewsQuakerJack

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:23 - Jan 14 by costalotta

Again No. They dithered over that. It was plain to see for at least 3 months and after the Bournemouth game is when he should have gone. They've are a bungling mess at the moment, and it pains me to say that.

If they'd been decisive monk would have gone earlier, we'd have a manager by now. If you can't see they ph uck ed this up big time then your head is in the sand.

Agree...

And I actually believe that if we appoint a manager now we will survive comfortably... we need organising, fresh ideas and a big lift....

Thats the worst bit for me, not the mistakes they have made but the ones they continue to make...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:33 - Jan 14 with 1522 viewsJackanapes

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:31 - Jan 14 by QuakerJack

Agree...

And I actually believe that if we appoint a manager now we will survive comfortably... we need organising, fresh ideas and a big lift....

Thats the worst bit for me, not the mistakes they have made but the ones they continue to make...

Yes if we appoint A.N Other its going to be just what we need. Hes got alot of contacts and will really inspire the lads. Fk me pink. Kris OLeary is free. IM sure hed do it if asked.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 10:34]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:33 - Jan 14 with 1522 viewsSwanseajill

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:30 - Jan 14 by perchrockjack

Its my birthday today and Ive had lots of cards ,messages and a promise from the wife.

Do have a peaceful birthday Richie. x
To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:39 - Jan 14 with 1494 viewsperchrockjack

I d rather be excited Lorraine.

Me and Mag were truly upset last night.

Its really got me as we re giving it all away.

Its not made any easier by the cretinous comments on here about

1. where we were

2. where we ve come from

3. New facilities

4.Academy

FACT IS we re visibly wilting away and at this moment Sunderland have caught us as have Newcastle and even Villa found a win.

It seems our board are like Prosser, happy to see us fall into the championship but then they will be sitting with less plastic fans.

Fans wont be as loyal as the likes of Hull/Derby/Burnley and the truly negative Swansea gene will curse us again.

So... prove us wrong Jenkins.

Do it now

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:41 - Jan 14 with 1490 viewscaerleon_jack

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 09:51 - Jan 14 by union_jack

A lot of what you say rings true.

But I will take issue with one thing. You can't honestly believe that those who think we are doomed will gloat if the worse happens. Some people handle situations with that frMe of mind, other eps bury their head in the sand. Both sets I'd wager have the same passion for the club and would be equally devastated should we go fiend.

I'm not saying *all* those who think we are doomed will gloat, but I guarantee there are a number on here that, whilst being disappointed that we have been relegated, will completely enjoy coming straight onto this website and demanding apologies from those who were positive, or will 'bump' threads that show that they were right all along. We have some very odd people following us - luckily most jumped ship to the 'other' site while a go, but there are still some remaining on here.

Login to get fewer ads

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:44 - Jan 14 with 1482 viewsJackanapes

Why do people who remain positve have to happy about the way things are? No one is happy about where we are. One thing is sure though. We are not going to get out of this mess with a negative attitude. It just isnt going to happen.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 10:45]

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:46 - Jan 14 with 1476 viewscaerleon_jack

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 09:53 - Jan 14 by QuakerJack

Do you seriously believe people want us to fail because we dont like a man weve never met?

To all you who have your heads buried in the sand... Do you genuinely believe that appointing Curt to keep us up was another HJ masterstroke?! Or that appointing Monk was genius?!

And please dont bring up Petty and "I remember playing Rushden and Diamonds" and all that because it was 15 years ago and it's getting tiring.

Do you seriously believe people want us to fail because we dont like a man weve never met?

Some on here do, yes.

Do you genuinely believe that appointing Curt to keep us up was another HJ masterstroke?! Or that appointing Monk was genius?!

Masterstroke? No. Do I understand why he appointed Curt? Yes. As far as Monk is concerned, I wasn't convinced when he was appointed. Last season showed that actually, he has the makings of a good manager. Something happened behind the scenes this season, and Monk lost control. Does that mean he was the wrong choice from the start? No.

And please dont bring up Petty and "I remember playing Rushden and Diamonds" and all that because it was 15 years ago and it's getting tiring.

No one did, until you.

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:46 - Jan 14 with 1472 viewscaerleon_jack

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 09:57 - Jan 14 by jackjackjackjack

Half our so-called fans are f*cking clueless, and an embarrassment. They truly think Rodgers, Bielsa, (some idiots even mentioned Mourinho last night) want to manage a club in a relegation battle.

Spot on.

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:46 - Jan 14 with 1472 viewsDewi1jack

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:30 - Jan 14 by perchrockjack

Happy birthday.
(Ensure the fire brigade are on notice before lighting the candles though )

You're so right about the abuse getting tedious and some getting/ making very personal attacks on posters.
One or two comments recently by posters other than the normal suspects, have IMHO been extremely close to the knuckle, if not beyond that.
Used to be just banter a few years ago.
Now some little people try and get very personal.
Most of whom are just internet warriors and would be scared to front up to any of the ladies or gents they're upsetting/ trying to upset
Or is it just me mellowing with old age?

Anyway, back to the OP.
We all know the mistakes that have been made.
All of us who have supported the club through thick and thin, will not blame Curt in the slightest, as most people know he's been hung out to dry.
Hope this job doesn't make him ill is my main concern at the mo.
Our players are good enough to stay up, if that's what they want to do.
Curt needs good backroom staff bringing in to help even if we don't sign anyone in this window.
The board can no longer live on their past glory, no matter how many films they make, to try and get people to forget all the others who helped.
They are accountable

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:48 - Jan 14 with 1470 viewsJackanapes

"And please dont bring up Petty and "I remember playing Rushden and Diamonds" and all that because it was 15 years ago and it's getting tiring.

No one did, until you. "

I did because it was an example of a great escape that WE performed when we set our minds to it. We were dead and buried but we came back from the dead. There are many examples of failure but they are not very inspiring are they?The thing is some people just give up way too easily.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 10:50]

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:51 - Jan 14 with 1459 viewscaerleon_jack

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 09:58 - Jan 14 by Lord_Bony

Football is about passion...the fans of SCFC support the club and don't want it relegated from our established position in the Premier League....they are passionate about that.

If we were all happy clappers just going along with the results with a "what will be" attitude,let's see where we are at the end of the season,then it would be boring indeed.

This forum is about debate and analysis,especially of our team and board.

We all have our own views.

All up for people having their own views and debate, but this board is not about debate at the moment.

It's a hell of a lot of slagging HJ and the board off, and if you think otherwise you're a 'happy clapper'.

I, like many, have posted positive things about the club recently, whilst acknowledging that there are things at the club, amongst the team and the way things are being run that aren't quite right. But I believe that things are being done in the best interest of the club and I believe, as a supporter, that my team will survive.

There are plenty on here that just want to criticise and complain, and as soon as you try to make any sort of positive comment, you're a 'happy clapper'.

No issue with constructive comment, but we seem to have a lot of 'passionate' supporters at the moment who are not interested in constructive posts, just slagging people off - people who until now have run the club in such an appalling way that we have are into our 5th season in the Premier League and have won a major cup.

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:53 - Jan 14 with 1453 viewsJackanapes

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:51 - Jan 14 by caerleon_jack

All up for people having their own views and debate, but this board is not about debate at the moment.

It's a hell of a lot of slagging HJ and the board off, and if you think otherwise you're a 'happy clapper'.

I, like many, have posted positive things about the club recently, whilst acknowledging that there are things at the club, amongst the team and the way things are being run that aren't quite right. But I believe that things are being done in the best interest of the club and I believe, as a supporter, that my team will survive.

There are plenty on here that just want to criticise and complain, and as soon as you try to make any sort of positive comment, you're a 'happy clapper'.

No issue with constructive comment, but we seem to have a lot of 'passionate' supporters at the moment who are not interested in constructive posts, just slagging people off - people who until now have run the club in such an appalling way that we have are into our 5th season in the Premier League and have won a major cup.

I havent given up hope that doesnt mean Im oblivious to our plight or overjoyed about it or think that Hj is infallible.
Too much "if you're not with me, you're against me" on here.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 10:56]

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 11:03 - Jan 14 with 1417 viewsunion_jack

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 10:41 - Jan 14 by caerleon_jack

I'm not saying *all* those who think we are doomed will gloat, but I guarantee there are a number on here that, whilst being disappointed that we have been relegated, will completely enjoy coming straight onto this website and demanding apologies from those who were positive, or will 'bump' threads that show that they were right all along. We have some very odd people following us - luckily most jumped ship to the 'other' site while a go, but there are still some remaining on here.

The thing is, we are no different to any other passionate group of supporters the world over. At the end of the day, we are human beings and as a group will demonstrate the wide spectrum of human behaviour.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 11:07 - Jan 14 with 1412 viewsJackanapes

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 11:03 - Jan 14 by union_jack

The thing is, we are no different to any other passionate group of supporters the world over. At the end of the day, we are human beings and as a group will demonstrate the wide spectrum of human behaviour.

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 11:22 - Jan 14 with 1396 viewscaerleon_jack

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 11:03 - Jan 14 by union_jack

I'm not saying that we're any different to any other club in this regard, I just don't understand those that seem to take pleasure from being negative.

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 11:25 - Jan 14 with 1391 viewsmonmouth

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 11:07 - Jan 14 by Jackanapes

I wish we could melt down some folk and remould them as happier people. Just for their own sakes and those that have to live with them. Sheesh, some people must just carry a cloud over their heads all day.

My old mam used to say whenever I had a freak.....
"has it happened yet?
No? then STFU.
Yes? deal with it then or STFU"

Have we been relegated? No. Are we even in the bottom three? No. Are We even still above those spawny jumped up smegs from last night? Yes. Do we all have a broadly identical run in from now? Yes. Are we in trouble? Yes. Have we got out of worse? Yes. These are FACTS, not hysterical panicked opinion.

Personally do I think our luck has run out and our time has come? Maybe. That's the way the cookie crumbles. Anything that can go wrong seems to have gone wrong. It happens. Should we give up and lose ourselves in doom and despair and finger pointing recriminations and waste the day in pessimistic misery? Well, that's a personal choice, but it's not my own. Keep optimistic, plenty of fight left yet. Whatever happens, all we can do is fight until we are beaten.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 11:31 - Jan 14 with 1377 viewsunion_jack

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 11:07 - Jan 14 by Jackanapes

My hearing is not brilliant, but I'm sure he says 'yellow chinkys" at the beginning of the song!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 11:33 - Jan 14 with 1369 viewscostalotta

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 11:25 - Jan 14 by monmouth

I wish we could melt down some folk and remould them as happier people. Just for their own sakes and those that have to live with them. Sheesh, some people must just carry a cloud over their heads all day.

My old mam used to say whenever I had a freak.....
"has it happened yet?
No? then STFU.
Yes? deal with it then or STFU"

Have we been relegated? No. Are we even in the bottom three? No. Are We even still above those spawny jumped up smegs from last night? Yes. Do we all have a broadly identical run in from now? Yes. Are we in trouble? Yes. Have we got out of worse? Yes. These are FACTS, not hysterical panicked opinion.

Personally do I think our luck has run out and our time has come? Maybe. That's the way the cookie crumbles. Anything that can go wrong seems to have gone wrong. It happens. Should we give up and lose ourselves in doom and despair and finger pointing recriminations and waste the day in pessimistic misery? Well, that's a personal choice, but it's not my own. Keep optimistic, plenty of fight left yet. Whatever happens, all we can do is fight until we are beaten.

Hey. You're a man of reason and calm.

But we made our bed and we are lying in now. I think what is getting to everyone is the indecisiveness and total lack of leadership at the moment. Make no mistake that is now feffecting the whole club, top to bottom. The players had a right go last night and give it their best shot. Of course decisions went against us but, agains lets be honest, we could and perhaps should have been at least 2 down by the time we got the pen.

I'm optimistic and I think most football fans are. However, I don't have blind optimism and I ithink its a quality to recognise when things are not going well and picking the right course of action. Action. Not in action. And here IMO is the problem with us.

It won't effect my personal life. I will still run my businesses I will still play with my kids and watch them playing their footie. Look after my wife, go to the pub blah blah. But this is a forum where we can debate and share views. Some we agree with and some not. Surely though, to anyone with any intelligence can see the phuck up of massive proportions taking place right in front of our eyes. The squad need direction not inaction. The board need to move up a level. If they cannot, they cannot but it's no good pretending.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 11:34]
To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 11:36 - Jan 14 with 1364 viewsCopaMundial

It's like the Emperors New Clothes on here,why are people afraid to say it as it is.

Curt nice bloke,legend but completely out of his depth,supported by a goalkeeping coach who can't even get Fab to kick the ball to his own team let alone offer advice to Alan.

The Board,completely cocked things up and starting to resemble the cast of One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest.Jenkins trying to compare Zidane at Madrid and Gus at Chelsea to the appointment of Curtis is bizarre

With Curt in charge we're going down and I'll be the first to say.....Jenkins put some clothes on you look daft bollock naked.
To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 11:40 - Jan 14 with 1355 viewsmonmouth

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 11:33 - Jan 14 by costalotta

Hey. You're a man of reason and calm.

But we made our bed and we are lying in now. I think what is getting to everyone is the indecisiveness and total lack of leadership at the moment. Make no mistake that is now feffecting the whole club, top to bottom. The players had a right go last night and give it their best shot. Of course decisions went against us but, agains lets be honest, we could and perhaps should have been at least 2 down by the time we got the pen.

I'm optimistic and I think most football fans are. However, I don't have blind optimism and I ithink its a quality to recognise when things are not going well and picking the right course of action. Action. Not in action. And here IMO is the problem with us.

It won't effect my personal life. I will still run my businesses I will still play with my kids and watch them playing their footie. Look after my wife, go to the pub blah blah. But this is a forum where we can debate and share views. Some we agree with and some not. Surely though, to anyone with any intelligence can see the phuck up of massive proportions taking place right in front of our eyes. The squad need direction not inaction. The board need to move up a level. If they cannot, they cannot but it's no good pretending.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 11:34]

If you're asking if I think we're in good shape then no, I most certainly don't. If you're asking whether I think we can extract ourselves, even with AC as manager, then yes I do, but I accept I can't shake a feeling that fates are conspiring.

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 11:49 - Jan 14 with 1327 viewscostalotta

To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 11:40 - Jan 14 by monmouth

If you're asking if I think we're in good shape then no, I most certainly don't. If you're asking whether I think we can extract ourselves, even with AC as manager, then yes I do, but I accept I can't shake a feeling that fates are conspiring.

Sorry, but no I'm not asking.

What I was saying is this forum is great place to share viewpoints and debate. Its seems to me that most on here see what's wrong with club. Why can't the board. Furthermore, by denying the is a problem by inaction... This is in itself is self perpetuating the downward spiral. In other words... If they don't recognise there's a problem how the fack can they fix it. And there is why supporters are the way they are with their emotions.

I will say it again. Unless there's change we will go down. I don't want to. I will be there next year with my daughter and the many years after that. I support swansea City first and foremost. Not the board, any manager or players. They'll always come and go. Maybe it's time for the board to go?
To all the moaners, nay-sayers and on 12:43 - Jan 14 with 1290 viewsmonmouth

Ha ha I think many, maybe all, of the board would love to go! As long as they trouser enough cash.

Personally I'd like to see fresh equity (ie not a share purchase) and experience brought into the club, even if the trust gets a bit diluted (as long as not up to any legal trigger points). That's not going to happen though, and another distraction for them now is imo the last thing that's needed.

Its worth remembering that the people that you think are not hacking it have the most material, if not emotional, skin in the game. We all may have difference of opinions on what needs to be done, but they have most at risk.

I simply don't think things are as bleak, nor the board or trust as weak as you paint it. That doesn't make you wrong or me right. What cant be denied, as someone else said, is that the whole manager shambles has been a fiasco and the board has messed that up badly, by leaving themselves totally boxed in. They now, for their own sakes, and ours, need to sort it out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024