Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RE-INSTATE GARRY 20:23 - Dec 9 with 9867 viewsgetcarter

This could be a huge mistake, even Chelsea are showing more class than we are .
RE-INSTATE GARRY on 00:26 - Dec 10 with 1603 viewsDarran

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 00:24 - Dec 10 by perchrockjack

Read back and think if you can't sleep.

Who have you dug into?

Cwtch up to a neilsen poster.

Can't answer can you?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 01:10 - Dec 10 with 1570 viewsduckling

Time takes you up, time takes you down, enjoy the ride while it last everyone. Be it however many seasons it can be.

Anyway looking at Monks & Laudrups results as heads of the Swans, Monk had a little higher win percentage at 36.4%
While Laudrup had 34.52% wins

On the other hand counting the loss percentage:
Monk: 41.56 %
Laudrup 36.90%

Going by Wikipedia

Lets hope for the swans to stay many more seasons in the premier league
RE-INSTATE GARRY on 01:15 - Dec 10 with 1561 viewsUplandsJack

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 23:33 - Dec 9 by SwansNZ

He did a fine job keeping us up in his first few months in the job and great job last season. Nothing wrong with his selection at the time, but the lifetime of a PL manager is very short anyway.

I have to disagree sorry...
I stand by what I've said since day one. It was madness to appoint GM on a permanent basis and the board should take some responsibility for it.
GM should have been made No2 to an experienced manager like Beilsa and learnt the job thoroughly. Instead the board went for the cheap option. The signs were there after Xmas last season as our style of play gradually became more and more Boring. (Words echoed by many) We got lucky with results winning some games we really didn't deserve to win and accumulating points along the way while playing unattractive football. So we ended the season playing less like "The Swansea Way"than we ever did under Laudrup. Ironic really as that's exactly what GM was appointed to do...But points make prizes so GM was lauded. Even crazily talked of as the next/future engerland boss....💊💊 think some needed some of these...💊💊
No experience was brought in to help GM last season or this. Instead he surrounded himself with inexperienced YES men! So finally when his/our luck ran out he/we were up the creek without a paddle.. Or putting it more bluntly, FOOKED!!
I do actually believe there is a great manager in GM but he needs to learn the job...Properly. Follow the route of say Jimmy Floyd Hasslebank. Drop to league 2 and work your way up to the promise land...
Anyway thanks for your efforts GM over the years, especially THAT block. #YJB
[Post edited 10 Dec 2015 1:18]
RE-INSTATE GARRY on 01:25 - Dec 10 with 1540 viewsSwansNZ

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 01:15 - Dec 10 by UplandsJack

I stand by what I've said since day one. It was madness to appoint GM on a permanent basis and the board should take some responsibility for it.
GM should have been made No2 to an experienced manager like Beilsa and learnt the job thoroughly. Instead the board went for the cheap option. The signs were there after Xmas last season as our style of play gradually became more and more Boring. (Words echoed by many) We got lucky with results winning some games we really didn't deserve to win and accumulating points along the way while playing unattractive football. So we ended the season playing less like "The Swansea Way"than we ever did under Laudrup. Ironic really as that's exactly what GM was appointed to do...But points make prizes so GM was lauded. Even crazily talked of as the next/future engerland boss....💊💊 think some needed some of these...💊💊
No experience was brought in to help GM last season or this. Instead he surrounded himself with inexperienced YES men! So finally when his/our luck ran out he/we were up the creek without a paddle.. Or putting it more bluntly, FOOKED!!
I do actually believe there is a great manager in GM but he needs to learn the job...Properly. Follow the route of say Jimmy Floyd Hasslebank. Drop to league 2 and work your way up to the promise land...

No problem disagreeing.

It’s obvious that one of the problems was that with Monk being so inexperienced, the board should have brought in some more experienced coaches to work with him. But they went for the cheap options there too.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 01:52 - Dec 10 with 1523 viewsUplandsJack

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 01:25 - Dec 10 by SwansNZ

No problem disagreeing.

It’s obvious that one of the problems was that with Monk being so inexperienced, the board should have brought in some more experienced coaches to work with him. But they went for the cheap options there too.

Exactly....

Let's all just hope they have finally learnt their lesson and we push the boat out to get the BEST possible manager regardless of cost....
RE-INSTATE GARRY on 01:56 - Dec 10 with 1521 viewsSwansNZ

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 01:52 - Dec 10 by UplandsJack

Exactly....

Let's all just hope they have finally learnt their lesson and we push the boat out to get the BEST possible manager regardless of cost....

agree with that, and quickly

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 08:12 - Dec 10 with 1472 viewsDr_Winston

Exactly as I see it too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 09:42 - Dec 10 with 1410 viewsmonmouth

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 08:12 - Dec 10 by Dr_Winston

Exactly as I see it too.

And me, but with hindsight. I admit I happily ignored any alarm bells whilst we were picking up points.

It is strange though isn't it? This is where inexperience came in maybe. During his first few months we were playing great football (Napoli, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Villa, Narch, Sunderland) but not always winning and had Shelvey, De Guz, Pablo in their pomp for us.

Why on earth did he change it? Is it just an ego thing? 'I have to do it MY way'? Even though the personnel changed, surely Gylfi, Ki, Jeff could have kept it all going, with a better goalie to help at the back too. Instead we had diamond obsession and shape obsession.

All a shame. In retrospect he needed to be number 2 or go somewhere else to learn about handling adversity.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 09:48 - Dec 10 with 1398 viewsperchrockjack

DARREN

Cant reply?

Try this. Im pretty sure ,if I were arsed, I could come up with a litany of offensive personal attacks on people, posters you don't like. For you to try to appear as some sort of angel is unbelievable.

You ve trashed so many its beyond belief so do me a favour and quit this now before we fall out for good.

It all starts with people defending players /managers they like ,then it morphs into personal attacks , so please no more.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 10:07 - Dec 10 with 1366 viewsDr_Winston

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 09:42 - Dec 10 by monmouth

And me, but with hindsight. I admit I happily ignored any alarm bells whilst we were picking up points.

It is strange though isn't it? This is where inexperience came in maybe. During his first few months we were playing great football (Napoli, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Villa, Narch, Sunderland) but not always winning and had Shelvey, De Guz, Pablo in their pomp for us.

Why on earth did he change it? Is it just an ego thing? 'I have to do it MY way'? Even though the personnel changed, surely Gylfi, Ki, Jeff could have kept it all going, with a better goalie to help at the back too. Instead we had diamond obsession and shape obsession.

All a shame. In retrospect he needed to be number 2 or go somewhere else to learn about handling adversity.

I just think he tried to put so much distance between him and the way Laudrup operated that we went too far in the opposite direction.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 10:16 - Dec 10 with 1356 viewsDarran

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 09:48 - Dec 10 by perchrockjack

DARREN

Cant reply?

Try this. Im pretty sure ,if I were arsed, I could come up with a litany of offensive personal attacks on people, posters you don't like. For you to try to appear as some sort of angel is unbelievable.

You ve trashed so many its beyond belief so do me a favour and quit this now before we fall out for good.

It all starts with people defending players /managers they like ,then it morphs into personal attacks , so please no more.

We're moving on then yeah?

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 10:30 - Dec 10 with 1325 viewsperchrockjack

I am , hope you are.

Im more concerned to see Phil Sumbler dropping is standards.

Good man .obviously upset at how things have gone so reason for it.

Fathy? Yeah.

Really lads, get a grip . Stick to topic and play tidy.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 10:38 - Dec 10 with 1316 viewslibertyx

Exactly how I feel. Gary should never have been offered the managers job in the beginning you cannot learn the job in THe Premiership it is a very unforgiving league.
I am one of the lucky ones who can afford to go to all home and away matches, but I came away from numerous matches very disappointed with our game. I have had many discussions with other fans who couldn't understand why I didn't enjoy the game even though we had won. Smash and grab isn't my idea of good football and this is after following the Swans for 65 years. Lets get back to playing our style , no harm in tweaking but don't abandon it altogether.
RE-INSTATE GARRY on 10:43 - Dec 10 with 1303 viewsDarran

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 10:38 - Dec 10 by libertyx

Exactly how I feel. Gary should never have been offered the managers job in the beginning you cannot learn the job in THe Premiership it is a very unforgiving league.
I am one of the lucky ones who can afford to go to all home and away matches, but I came away from numerous matches very disappointed with our game. I have had many discussions with other fans who couldn't understand why I didn't enjoy the game even though we had won. Smash and grab isn't my idea of good football and this is after following the Swans for 65 years. Lets get back to playing our style , no harm in tweaking but don't abandon it altogether.

You don't look old enough Love. x

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 10:57 - Dec 10 with 1286 viewsSgorioFruit

Martinez = got us into the championship
Rodgers = got us into the premier league
Laudrup = won us our first silverware and got us into europa
Monk = kept us up with highest ever prem league finish
Next manager = please just carry on keeping us up

There that is it in a nutshell, each manager has given us their service and then either moved on or got the boot,

Live with it, deal with it and move on.

Next.......

SgorioFruit out!!!!

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

RE-INSTATE GARRY on 10:58 - Dec 10 with 1285 viewsicecoldjack

Exactly how I see it too. Great post.

As darran and the rest of the head in the sand brigade will confirm monk wasn't my preferred choice.

I always felt that Laudrup and monk coild and should have been the dream ticket, I felt all parties including Laudrup , could have done a lot better , nobody came out of that situation smelling of roses and the club suffered in the long term.

I understand that it's a romantic notion on my part though !
RE-INSTATE GARRY on 11:31 - Dec 10 with 1251 viewsSgorioFruit

Most sensible thing ive read on this forum.
Everyone pay attention

SgorioFruit out!!!!

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024