Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? 21:05 - Jan 17 with 8026 viewsFerrieBodde

For £8m he certainly hasn't proven his worth at all thus far. Frankly, I don't know why even bought him when we already had Amat and Bartley, and he hasn't performed better than them either in my opinion.

It's not just today. I don't like to use the term "flat track bully," but Fernandez seems to only perform well against bad teams, and even then, he's prone to making mistakes. Remember that horrible "clearance" he made which went straight to Fer and resulted in him scoring in the QPR game the other week?

I have no idea why Monk felt the need to shell out £8m on a position we already had covered. That money should have been spent on a position we actually really need help in and completely lack--a defensive midfielder.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2015 21:06]
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 16:56 - Feb 7 with 2241 viewsslate_dk

We payed a bit to much;call it a tax because he plays on the Argentina national team.

For me Fernandez and Amat are at the same level. Bartley makes me nervous.
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 17:01 - Feb 7 with 2228 viewslibertine

areed but we've done well on 4m for Montero so it evens up

Bartley makes me edgy too, there is always a feeling hes going to do something wrong

I did really like him when he first played
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 17:06 - Feb 7 with 2214 viewsDanielswan

Dont have any complaints about Fernandez, he seems professional with good awereness and stops a lot of attacks.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 17:28 - Feb 7 with 2160 viewsA_Fans_Dad

He was up against a guy who is 32 but still one of the most dangerous of stikers, he handled him well all the time he stayed close to him.
You have to give Defoe credit for taking the Goal really well in total contrast to Gomis who couldn't beat a lone Goal Keeper twice.
Their Keeper kept them in the game and on top for a long time.
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 18:02 - Feb 7 with 2093 viewsmacthejack

Jury's still out for me. He's been accountable for a lot of goals this season. Does a lot of good things but has at least one iffy moment per game and it usually costs us.
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 18:06 - Feb 7 with 2086 viewsLeonisGod

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 17:28 - Feb 7 by A_Fans_Dad

He was up against a guy who is 32 but still one of the most dangerous of stikers, he handled him well all the time he stayed close to him.
You have to give Defoe credit for taking the Goal really well in total contrast to Gomis who couldn't beat a lone Goal Keeper twice.
Their Keeper kept them in the game and on top for a long time.

He was completely exposed for their goal. Where the hell was Cork? Leon would have been in that hole that Defoe ran into - fact!
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 18:08 - Feb 7 with 2074 viewsStarsky

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 18:06 - Feb 7 by LeonisGod

He was completely exposed for their goal. Where the hell was Cork? Leon would have been in that hole that Defoe ran into - fact!

Got stuck in a bottleneck

It's just the internet, init.

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 18:27 - Feb 7 with 2041 viewsLeonisGod

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 18:08 - Feb 7 by Starsky

Got stuck in a bottleneck

Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 18:28 - Feb 7 with 2036 viewsquiff

Let's give him the season to settle in, he does seem to lack a bit of consistency and have an error in him. I do feel we should be giving Amat more game time though - there's a quality player in there given the right amount of game time to develop.

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 19:02 - Feb 7 with 1973 viewsGundog

Another load of bolloxs thread

Poll: should Leon still be the main man in midfield

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 19:40 - Feb 7 with 1934 viewsMartyrman57

Class player
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 19:59 - Feb 7 with 1898 viewsApeShit

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 23:47 - Jan 17 by Dr_Winston

Got obvious ability but getting a bit of a free ride at the minute. Both Bartley and Amat can consider themselves unlucky to be unceremoniously kicked to the curb to accommodate him.

Amat was playing really well, he got an injury as Fernandez signed up though didn't he?
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 20:28 - Feb 7 with 1865 viewsbargoedjack

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 17:06 - Feb 7 by Danielswan

Dont have any complaints about Fernandez, he seems professional with good awereness and stops a lot of attacks.

Apart from Ash, he's the most classiest and most consistent central defender we've had for years ...

8 million well spent I reckon ...
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 20:35 - Feb 7 with 1861 viewspencoedjack

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 20:28 - Feb 7 by bargoedjack

Apart from Ash, he's the most classiest and most consistent central defender we've had for years ...

8 million well spent I reckon ...

Dear oh dear Fernandez Ki and Montero getting a slating from some on here .... We have some fuking dull fans.
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 20:39 - Feb 7 with 1853 viewsSenhin

Oh FFS...

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 20:44 - Feb 7 with 1815 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 15:55 - Feb 7 by MyFinalHeaven

Can't believe he cost us 8m. He really screwed up right there for the Defoe goal just now.

He's better than Amat at the moment, so that makes him 2 nd choice ,
Thought he had a tidy game today , probably his best for us .but I honestly think Chico is a better centre half .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 22:10 - Feb 7 with 1765 viewsGeoffThom

Jesus we are billy big bollacks now when some on this thread don't rate the Argentinian centre half I'm starting to really believe I've just spent all these years watching football with numpties
Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 22:13 - Feb 7 with 1755 viewsJackanapes

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/138583/fernadez/#1

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 22:14 - Feb 7 with 1749 viewsScoobyWho

Saved a clear goal today with a superb tackle in the 6 yard box, yes, stood off Defoe too much and could be blamed for Carroll goal maybe. But thats it, oh and the Chelsea fck up.

3 mistakes in over half a season.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 22:18 - Feb 7 with 1736 viewsPacemaker

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 22:14 - Feb 7 by ScoobyWho

Saved a clear goal today with a superb tackle in the 6 yard box, yes, stood off Defoe too much and could be blamed for Carroll goal maybe. But thats it, oh and the Chelsea fck up.

3 mistakes in over half a season.

That tackle in the box on Defoe today was very good his backing off Defoe for his goal was poor. As long as he learns from his mistakes he will become an excellent defender.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 22:24 - Feb 7 with 1727 viewsBobJack

Federico's best game today for us.

Some great tackles.

He did not have to deal with so many aerial threats, where he has looked poor in past.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 22:30 - Feb 7 with 1715 viewsJackfath

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 22:24 - Feb 7 by BobJack

Federico's best game today for us.

Some great tackles.

He did not have to deal with so many aerial threats, where he has looked poor in past.

Well said Lib.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 22:36 - Feb 7 with 1705 viewsSenhin

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 20:35 - Feb 7 by pencoedjack

Dear oh dear Fernandez Ki and Montero getting a slating from some on here .... We have some fuking dull fans.

I missed the Ki slating... Really?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 23:04 - Feb 7 with 1670 viewsBloodyhills

I think he's OK but I would have spent the 8 mill on a decent fullback or DM first.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 01:39 - Feb 8 with 1609 viewsTrundle10

Is anyone else unconvinced about Federico Fernandez? on 20:35 - Feb 7 by pencoedjack

Some fans reckon Dyer is championship standard too. Unbelievable
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024