Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best restaurant in Swansea 22:35 - Sep 4 with 15780 viewsBournedore

Coming home for the Southampton game and would like to take my folks out for dinner. Any recommendations of nice places to eat? A mate mentioned La Parrilla. Any good?
Best restaurant in Swansea on 11:29 - Dec 26 with 1992 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Best restaurant in Swansea on 18:31 - Sep 5 by AngelRangelQS

Truffle and Truffle II in St Helens are both good. BYOB too

On the curnor of Brynymor Road and King Edward road to be proceese

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Best restaurant in Swansea on 11:30 - Dec 26 with 1992 viewsDarran

Best restaurant in Swansea on 11:14 - Dec 26 by Pinky

Yes, fantastic meal. I did see you Darran but didn't want to intrude. Hope you and the family had a good one.

It was a magnificent munch though I'm disappointed you didn't say hello.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Best restaurant in Swansea on 11:32 - Dec 26 with 1983 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Best restaurant in Swansea on 11:30 - Dec 26 by Darran

It was a magnificent munch though I'm disappointed you didn't say hello.

He coddnt. He was hudding under the toblecluth, you wonker

Best restaurant in Swansea on 11:46 - Dec 26 with 1968 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Best restaurant in Swansea on 11:29 - Dec 26 by Brynmill_Jack

On the curnor of Brynymor Road and King Edward road to be proceese

Well not exactly as there is a Lebanese restaurant , a coffee shop (and maybe Zenith's) in between them

Best restaurant in Swansea on 11:47 - Dec 26 with 1960 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Best restaurant in Swansea on 11:46 - Dec 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Well not exactly as there is a Lebanese restaurant , a coffee shop (and maybe Zenith's) in between them

If you citsch my droft

Best restaurant in Swansea on 11:47 - Dec 26 with 1974 viewsJackfath

lol

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Best restaurant in Swansea on 11:56 - Dec 26 with 1965 viewsJBG

Best restaurant in Swansea on 18:40 - Sep 5 by Phil_S

Took the family there before the fans forum too - would not return

As others have said Truffles is particularly good - I would say the best in Swansea but Jackfath gets quite upset at those kind of proclomations

If you think truffles is the best restaurant in swansea PIp you have a problem with your taste buds, nurse!!!
Best restaurant in Swansea on 11:58 - Dec 26 with 1962 viewsJBG

Best restaurant in Swansea on 19:24 - Sep 5 by max936

Very nice it is too!

Except its the co- op now lmao
Login to get fewer ads

Best restaurant in Swansea on 19:33 - Dec 26 with 1844 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Best restaurant in Swansea on 11:47 - Dec 26 by Jackfath

lol

It did go a bit "Rossis" . Sorry for the overuse a Officer Crabtree

Best restaurant in Swansea on 20:19 - Dec 26 with 1819 viewsSCB1985

The mermaid in mumbles. They do lovely ribs. All their meat comes fresh from Howells(a free range butcher in penclawdd), not the preserved cash and carry sh!t a lot of chain restaurants serve. Beinging mumbles the sea food is great as expected.

For somewhere more central I'd say la brasseri

Or up the Swansea valley there's the Pen Y Cae inn.

All expensive , but worth the treat

Poll: whats more important to you

Best restaurant in Swansea on 20:51 - Dec 26 with 1794 viewsymaohyd

Was treated on Christmas Eve to lunch at Norton House.

To start with the meet and great when you arrived was really poor. Didn't ask if we wanted drinks, so not a great start. We go every year and I'm not sure if there's been a change of ownership as in previous years it's been spot on.

Anyway a few of us had soup to start, no bread rolls, asked the waiter if we could have some, he went off and came back and said- 'Sorry you can't have bread rolls as you had croutons in your soup'!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Best restaurant in Swansea on 21:14 - Dec 26 with 1772 viewsjack_lord

Best restaurant in Swansea on 10:18 - Sep 5 by perchrockjack

Steve.
The Olive is worth it for the view alone.Outstanding

The Grape was a disgrace when we were in a few days ago. The view will always be outstanding but the service was bordering on farcical. The price of almost 11 pounds for a glass of wine and a pint is ok on the surface (pardon the pun) but there were three tables that were just full of used glasses for the entirety of our visit. Another table had used coffee cups. It was fairly empty in there and bar/waiting staff were just congregated at the bar area chatting. It was embarrassing service and the manager clearly doesn't want to boost his employment chances within the company.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Best restaurant in Swansea on 21:25 - Dec 26 with 1757 viewsdickythorpe

Best restaurant in Swansea on 21:14 - Dec 26 by jack_lord

The Grape was a disgrace when we were in a few days ago. The view will always be outstanding but the service was bordering on farcical. The price of almost 11 pounds for a glass of wine and a pint is ok on the surface (pardon the pun) but there were three tables that were just full of used glasses for the entirety of our visit. Another table had used coffee cups. It was fairly empty in there and bar/waiting staff were just congregated at the bar area chatting. It was embarrassing service and the manager clearly doesn't want to boost his employment chances within the company.

I have been there twice and will never go again. I hate not paying up front for drinks
Best restaurant in Swansea on 21:29 - Dec 26 with 1754 viewsdickythorpe

Best restaurant in Swansea on 20:51 - Dec 26 by ymaohyd

To start with the meet and great when you arrived was really poor. Didn't ask if we wanted drinks, so not a great start. We go every year and I'm not sure if there's been a change of ownership as in previous years it's been spot on.

Anyway a few of us had soup to start, no bread rolls, asked the waiter if we could have some, he went off and came back and said- 'Sorry you can't have bread rolls as you had croutons in your soup'!

I'd have asked for the manager
Best restaurant in Swansea on 21:43 - Dec 26 with 1738 viewsLeonisGod

Best restaurant in Swansea on 20:51 - Dec 26 by ymaohyd

Yep, I went to Norton House this year too - pretty poor.

The Grape and Olive is awful. The foot is not good at all. Overpriced tat relying on the (great) view to pull people in. Worth going for afternoon tea, but little else.

More votes from me for Didier & Stephanie and Pant-y-Gwydr (typically grumpy French in the last one though lol). Slice in Uplands used to be the best restaurant in the city imo, but that changed hands in the summer and i'm not sure what it's like now.
Best restaurant in Swansea on 22:40 - Dec 26 with 1697 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Best restaurant in Swansea on 21:43 - Dec 26 by LeonisGod

Yep, I went to Norton House this year too - pretty poor.

The Grape and Olive is awful. The foot is not good at all. Overpriced tat relying on the (great) view to pull people in. Worth going for afternoon tea, but little else.

More votes from me for Didier & Stephanie and Pant-y-Gwydr (typically grumpy French in the last one though lol). Slice in Uplands used to be the best restaurant in the city imo, but that changed hands in the summer and i'm not sure what it's like now.

What was the foot served with????

Best restaurant in Swansea on 22:40 - Dec 26 with 1695 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Best restaurant in Swansea on 22:40 - Dec 26 by Brynmill_Jack

What was the foot served with????

Corn?????

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024