Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is Big Neds injury? 11:20 - Sep 20 with 4697 viewsLblock

Anyone know?

Exposes the myth further that we have a fantastic squad, best in the division etc etc
We're now down to one striker, two centre backs, one keeper, three wide men (inc Traore) and seventy eight centre midfielders who all sit deep and aren't known for goalscoring

I hope and pray the big fella not out for long

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

What is Big Neds injury? on 11:26 - Sep 20 with 4680 viewsJuzzie

Hamstring according to the Presser thread.
What is Big Neds injury? on 12:03 - Sep 20 with 4623 viewsLblock

I get the feeling it's a bit more serious than that.... long term was the words used by Harry.

Fingers and everything else crossed that he was referring to a grade one tear and Ned can recover in 6 weeks.

What is Big Neds injury? on 12:05 - Sep 20 with 4620 viewsKevinPR

Hamstring tear. 2 months.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/200913-harry-on-onuoha-and-yeovil-1065952.aspx
What is Big Neds injury? on 12:27 - Sep 20 with 4564 viewskropotkin41

If we manage to stay in contention with all these injuries it'll be nothing short of a miracle. IMHO

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

What is Big Neds injury? on 13:10 - Sep 20 with 4492 viewsgjc104

Went off early in 1st half on Wednesday after chasing a long ball over the top, managed to put it out of play before going to ground. Hill moved to CB and BAE came on and looked every bit the maniac we thought! Another LB decent at going foward who has no idea how to defend!
What is Big Neds injury? on 13:13 - Sep 20 with 4484 viewsYorkRanger

What is Big Neds injury? on 13:10 - Sep 20 by gjc104

Went off early in 1st half on Wednesday after chasing a long ball over the top, managed to put it out of play before going to ground. Hill moved to CB and BAE came on and looked every bit the maniac we thought! Another LB decent at going foward who has no idea how to defend!

Not sure that is how I would judge BAE. He looked solid enough.
What is Big Neds injury? on 13:16 - Sep 20 with 4472 viewsgjc104

Did you not find yoursefl saying 'where the hell is he' seveal times as Clint came across to cover?
What is Big Neds injury? on 13:21 - Sep 20 with 4454 viewsYorkRanger

What is Big Neds injury? on 13:16 - Sep 20 by gjc104

Did you not find yoursefl saying 'where the hell is he' seveal times as Clint came across to cover?

Not really no as for the most part Brighton sat deep so the full backs naturally pushed on. You may be right about him but I liked him at Spurs and think we should reserve judgement after only seeing him for 60 minutes...
Login to get fewer ads

What is Big Neds injury? on 13:39 - Sep 20 with 4408 viewsLblock

Hammy tears can be nasty and two months may be a bit racey.

He looks the sort of physical beast who heals quick and good and strong.

After the stick I've given Ned last couple of years it's testament to the fella and his form that I will be gutted he's missing games this season.

What is Big Neds injury? on 14:16 - Sep 20 with 4347 viewsqueensparker

So if one of Dunne / Hill gets injured / suspended in the next 2/3 months - which is pretty much guaranteed - who plays centre back?
What is Big Neds injury? on 15:14 - Sep 20 with 4282 viewsVancouverHoop

What is Big Neds injury? on 14:16 - Sep 20 by queensparker

So if one of Dunne / Hill gets injured / suspended in the next 2/3 months - which is pretty much guaranteed - who plays centre back?

Max Ehmer I suppose.

For all the problems with injuries this is a good time of the year to blood a few youngsters. We're top of the division there's months to go in the season, letting Hitchcock, Ehmer and a couple of others play some minutes now is better than being forced to do it in March. We have experienced players on the pitch to play next to them. Call me old-fashioned but it showing a bit of confidence in the kids is not a bad thing.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2013 15:20]
What is Big Neds injury? on 15:18 - Sep 20 with 4273 viewsPinnerPaul

What is Big Neds injury? on 15:14 - Sep 20 by VancouverHoop

Max Ehmer I suppose.

For all the problems with injuries this is a good time of the year to blood a few youngsters. We're top of the division there's months to go in the season, letting Hitchcock, Ehmer and a couple of others play some minutes now is better than being forced to do it in March. We have experienced players on the pitch to play next to them. Call me old-fashioned but it showing a bit of confidence in the kids is not a bad thing.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2013 15:20]

I suspect we will get a loan in.

Could Trorore or BAE play there if needed do we think?

I was going to suggest Simpson as well, but then we have no one at right back or BAE or AT would have to play "on the wrong side" as it were, if Simpson moved to the middle.
What is Big Neds injury? on 15:38 - Sep 20 with 4249 viewsdaveB

Henry can play right back if we need him to plus we have Ehmer in reserve. I imagine we'll sign a defender
What is Big Neds injury? on 17:14 - Sep 20 with 4141 viewsbosh67

HR: “We’re in a situation where we’ve picked up injuries and we’re short in one or two positions.

“We’ve got no cover at right-back, centre-half and up front.”

last time I counted that was three positions?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What is Big Neds injury? on 19:30 - Sep 20 with 4023 viewsJigsore

What is Big Neds injury? on 12:05 - Sep 20 by KevinPR

Hamstring tear. 2 months.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/200913-harry-on-onuoha-and-yeovil-1065952.aspx

Terrible luck. He's been in amazing form this season but life goes on. Hill and Dunne is still one of the most solid partnerships in this div

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

What is Big Neds injury? on 19:45 - Sep 20 with 4001 viewsLblock

What is Big Neds injury? on 15:18 - Sep 20 by PinnerPaul

I suspect we will get a loan in.

Could Trorore or BAE play there if needed do we think?

I was going to suggest Simpson as well, but then we have no one at right back or BAE or AT would have to play "on the wrong side" as it were, if Simpson moved to the middle.

Sorry.
I've had a very large glass of Sauvignon Blanc after a tiring day so I may be wrong

But

Have you

Seriously

Suggested that Traore

Plays Centre back?

That's

Centre........ Back?

What is Big Neds injury? on 20:25 - Sep 20 with 3960 viewsHollowayRanger

id suggest zamorra but he's injured as well!

didnt faurlin play there the odd time under warnock ?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

What is Big Neds injury? on 20:59 - Sep 20 with 3934 viewsVancouverHoop

Ehmer played almost two season's at Yeovil. If he was given a start beside Dunne (or Hill) tomorrow I reckon he'd be well up for it.

I guess I don't understand when the right time to give young players a shot would be if it's not an occasion like this. What's a youth program for otherwise? What message does it send to the U18s that everyone applauded the other night? What's the £20 million on the new academy/training facility for... just window dressing?
What is Big Neds injury? on 23:32 - Sep 20 with 3812 viewsNeil_SI

It's such a blow, he's had a colossal start to the season.

What we don't know is whether it's a Grade 2 or Grade 3 tear, because at least two months out could indicate one or the other. The latter would likely require surgery and is a serious injury that could carry plenty of complications.

Either way...let's hope he makes a speedy and full recovery. A full season in the Championship is just what he needed to help him find his confidence again and bring his game on. It looked so innocuous at the time it happened too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024