Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Virgin media ................... 21:46 - Aug 15 with 6345 viewsStanisgod

.............have just given me B.T. Sport free of charge. I don't know whether to or
Mind you the wife's quite pleased theres an extra 38 games now to watch

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Virgin media ................... on 10:47 - Aug 16 with 1507 viewsStanisgod

Virgin media ................... on 08:29 - Aug 16 by simmo

Virgin are the biggest woman chasms of all. I swallowed a £180 cancellation fee just to be rid of them. Eeked out the payments for nearly 2 years though, in the end it got down to £15 and they just said, that'll do.

For BT Sport we just rang sky, spoke to a scotsman for 5 minutes who then suggested ringing us back to save on the bill, then it took 10 mins and some exchanging of information and voila. Think it is £14 a month though, but fck it.

But I've got it for nothing and you're paying £14. Also got Sky Movies for free when I threatened to leave them. Lovely company.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Virgin media ................... on 11:05 - Aug 16 with 1485 viewslondonscottish

Virgin media ................... on 23:13 - Aug 15 by Northernr

I think, as far as I can tell, my issue is that if you have a YouView box (which is what they sent me) it takes the BT Sport channel via the broadband. To do that it needs to be connected physically to the back of the home hub for the signal to be strong enough.

That would be fine, except the feckless engineer they sent to install my home hub and TV in the first place first of all said it wasn't his job to set up the TV and I'd have to do that myself, and second of all said that my main telephone socket was in the kitchen not the living room. He said that was "easy enough to change" but would "take him some time" and then proceeded to tell me how BT paid him by the job and he had a dozen other appointments that day.

Having told them when I signed up, and told the engineer when he walked in, that we were signing up for the football channels he knew that having my home hub in the kitchen and my YouView box in the other room would be a problem eventually, but of course he wanted to be done quickly so he assured me it would be no problem, did it and left.

70 minutes of pidgin English from the clueless Indian last night and the upshot was I can either run a cable through my flat to the home hub in the kitchen - totally, toally impractical and would result in my having a cable permanently going across the middle of my tiled kitchen floor. Or they can send an engineer around to do what the first engineer should have done in the first place - but for that I would have to pay a £99 call out charge.

I told him he could stick both those fcking options and come up with something better. His something better was to try and run BT Sport into my box via my wireless connection which then quickly knackered the internet connection to not only the box, but also both the laptops in the flat as well.

He then engaged in a bizarre practice where he would just go silent and breathe down the phone for 10-15 minutes at a time until I asked "do you mind if I ask what you're doing now?" and he would say something deliberately stupid like "so you want the BT Sport channels?" or "so it's a YouView box you have is it?" which in the end I got him to admit was a ploy to get me to hang up because if the cable and £99 options were out he didn't know what else he could do for me so he just tried to frustrate me into hanging up. Which eventually I did.

I've taken to bullying them on Twitter now. TBH I'd like to cancel the contract and just sign up with Sky which is what I should have done if I wasn't penny pinching. To do that though apparently I have to pay £300 for the home hub and the YouView box.

Cnts. Total total total cnts.

C***s indeed.

Since 2007 I have moved home three times. And in between the three permanent homes I had three rentals. So lots of faffing about with various utilities, insurance companies, Brent council, etc etc etc.

WITHOUT fail BT f***d it up every single time. And without fail the worst part was the broadband/BT Openreach part.

It all came to a head in my last move. I wanted Virgin but it wasn't available to I reluctantly called another shower that I really didn't want to have to deal with - Sky. Cue endless call centre queues, long winded discussions about packages I didn't want, etc etc etc.

Finally we got to the vinegar strokes - the installation date. The lady said "hang on a minute I'll just check with our partner Openreach". AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Needless to say Openreach exceeded all of their previous f***p by an epic f**k up of the install on Dec 14th. So I spent all of Xmas and NY with no landline and no broadband, no email, nothing. C***s of the highest order. Really really f***d up my Christmas break.

I immediately Called Virgin, exercised my Sky cooling off period, cancelled the c***s and ordered the Virgin install. The customer service from Virgin was superb, there were four people doing the install, they hid the cable under my front garden (lawn and block paving), ran a secondary one round the house, came back and moved the modem when I asked them to *at no charge to me* and when my house was hit by lightning last month (no joke) they replaced my Tivo box the following day no questions asked again at no charge to me. And now they've given me BT sport. At no charge to me.

Happy days :-)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Virgin media ................... on 11:29 - Aug 16 with 1456 viewsNorthernr

Finally somebody in this country has got back to us and given us our options which are:

1 - Another engineer comes out and does the job the first one should have done. £130.
2 - We cancel BT and go somewhere else. BT will charge is £659 to do this which they say is the price of the hub, router and YouView box before the contract expires.
3 - We stay as we are with no BT Sport.

Scenes.
Virgin media ................... on 11:47 - Aug 16 with 1444 viewsPhildo

Virgin media ................... on 11:29 - Aug 16 by Northernr

Finally somebody in this country has got back to us and given us our options which are:

1 - Another engineer comes out and does the job the first one should have done. £130.
2 - We cancel BT and go somewhere else. BT will charge is £659 to do this which they say is the price of the hub, router and YouView box before the contract expires.

Scenes.

if they haven't offered it to you one of these should solve your problem

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TL-PA251KIT-Multi-Streaming-Powerline-Starter-Through/dp
Virgin media ................... on 11:49 - Aug 16 with 1441 viewsjonno

Virgin media ................... on 10:47 - Aug 16 by Stanisgod

But I've got it for nothing and you're paying £14. Also got Sky Movies for free when I threatened to leave them. Lovely company.

Have to say I've had no issues with Virgin. Plus they just doubled the broadband speed for nothing (so they tell me). It's now 120 MB apparently. Pleasantly surprised.
Virgin media ................... on 11:56 - Aug 16 with 1432 viewsthame_hoops

i went online and registered for BT sport for the ipad app and laptop connection, it worked straight away. i will plug my laptop into the tv, its even HD. simples
Virgin media ................... on 12:12 - Aug 16 with 1416 viewswombat

Virgin media ................... on 11:56 - Aug 16 by thame_hoops

i went online and registered for BT sport for the ipad app and laptop connection, it worked straight away. i will plug my laptop into the tv, its even HD. simples

upgraded to infinity last year , never lose a signal speed is superb sorry clive will never leave BT

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Virgin media ................... on 12:21 - Aug 16 with 1404 viewsthame_hoops

Virgin media ................... on 12:12 - Aug 16 by wombat

upgraded to infinity last year , never lose a signal speed is superb sorry clive will never leave BT

i upgraded to infinity last year, sadly my ex got custody of it. i had normal BT broadband installed now and i get 12MB speed which is fast enough, was getting 45mb before with infinity. I think BT are great, had talktalk for 5 years which was cheap but only got speeds of 6mb tops
Login to get fewer ads

Virgin media ................... on 12:26 - Aug 16 with 1403 viewssimmo

Virgin media ................... on 11:29 - Aug 16 by Northernr

Scenes.

You must be in the 'cooling off' period that gives you X amount of time to cancel all contracts if you are not happy with the service. It is the set up for everything.

You should be able to return all equipment (with packaging they supply) and that is that.

Otherwise just tell them you are taking it to the ombudsman. You have been mis-sold the service and product and this breaches the agreement laid out in the contract

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Virgin media ................... on 13:20 - Aug 16 with 1379 viewslondonscottish

Virgin media ................... on 12:26 - Aug 16 by simmo

You must be in the 'cooling off' period that gives you X amount of time to cancel all contracts if you are not happy with the service. It is the set up for everything.

You should be able to return all equipment (with packaging they supply) and that is that.

Otherwise just tell them you are taking it to the ombudsman. You have been mis-sold the service and product and this breaches the agreement laid out in the contract

^^^^^^^^^^
This

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Virgin media ................... on 13:31 - Aug 16 with 1370 viewsNorthernr

Virgin media ................... on 13:20 - Aug 16 by londonscottish

^^^^^^^^^^
This

Cooling off period is either seven days after order or when the equipment arrives - whichever comes first. We've been using the equipment for two and a half months now so cooling period over.

Lads, come on, I'm not a fcking idiot.
Virgin media ................... on 13:32 - Aug 16 with 1364 viewssimmo

Virgin media ................... on 13:31 - Aug 16 by Northernr

Cooling off period is either seven days after order or when the equipment arrives - whichever comes first. We've been using the equipment for two and a half months now so cooling period over.

Lads, come on, I'm not a fcking idiot.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Virgin media ................... on 13:44 - Aug 16 with 1347 viewsPinnerPaul

Not sure if it helps but years ago I got into a dispute with BT.

Long story but the upshot was they they owed me money which proved impossible to get back.

In the process of leaving them and cancelling by direct debit, the guy at my bank said that any payments collected by direct debits that didn't "adhere to the terms of the agreement and/or were taken in error" could be recalled by the bank.

He asked me how much I wanted back from BT and actioned it, just like that!

He did say that I should tell BT, but after umpteen letters and calls I said I wasn't going to bother.

Never heard from BT again , apart from umpteen "Sad you've left us......." flyers for about a year!
Virgin media ................... on 13:45 - Aug 16 with 1344 viewsEastR

Virgin media ................... on 13:32 - Aug 16 by simmo

Short version of long similar story to a few on here - I stopped calling them, refused to take phone calls from them and only dealt with them in writing before finally taking them to the Ombudsman for not providing outlined/contracted service.Won.

Ultimately they are all the same - easy to deal with when they want to sign you up, basturds (sic) when they have you hooked.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Virgin media ................... on 13:59 - Aug 16 with 1323 viewsPinnerPaul

Virgin media ................... on 13:45 - Aug 16 by EastR

Short version of long similar story to a few on here - I stopped calling them, refused to take phone calls from them and only dealt with them in writing before finally taking them to the Ombudsman for not providing outlined/contracted service.Won.

Ultimately they are all the same - easy to deal with when they want to sign you up, basturds (sic) when they have you hooked.

Exactly, clearly all the brightest employees get put in sales and the rest go to customer "services"!
Virgin media ................... on 14:18 - Aug 16 with 1260 viewsreal_loftus

I know Sky are khunts, but I've never had a moments bother with them. Although I have been with them since 1987 when they were Sky Television (pre- BSB merger). I think I'm some sort of Uber-Gold Member or summink.

Hope that helps Cliveo?

ATAF.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024