Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season 16:31 - Jul 22 with 3790 viewsPatfromPoole

Following my hugely successful prediction of Saints finishing 16th last season (or was it 17th? Either way it was slightly out....), I now bring you the final Prem table for next season......

1. City
2. Arsenal
3. Liverpool
4. United
5. Chelsea
6. Spurs
7. Villa
8. Newcastle
9. Palace
10. Fulham
11. Brighton
12. West Ham
13. Wolves
14. Boscombe
15. Everton
16. Brentford
17. Saints
18. Forest
19. Leicester
20. Ipswich

Awaiting incoming scorn and tearing to shreds of the above......

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 16:55 - Jul 22 with 3064 viewssaintmark1976

No problem Pat. You need a sense of humour to suffer what our club puts us through and you certainly used it with your prediction last season. Even I the total pessimistic, thought top half of the table.

Next season if we don’t get relegated again I’ll be happy.

Poll: Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise?

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 18:32 - Jul 22 with 2993 viewssaintsfanbrock

1. Arsenal
2. Liverpool
3. Man City
4. Spurs
5. Villa
6. United
7. Newcastle
8. Chelsea
9. Brighton
10. West Ham
11. Palace
12. Brentford
13. Fulham
14. Saints
15. Wolves
16. Bournemouth
17. Forest
18. Everton
19. Leicester
20. Ipswich

Not going to go far off from you, agree on Leicester and Ipswich but I think with the ownership saga continuing I think this might be the season Everton go down. I also think the City bubble will burst . Most importantly not a dire seasons for Saints, probably a bad start to the season while we get used to the PL again (can’t see us hitting the ground running) but a better forecast come November and us all being pretty bored in the last five games or so!
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 20:32 - Jul 22 with 2873 viewsIfonly

We finished bottom of these clubs last season and there's nothing to suggest our squad this year will be any stronger than last year. So, of course it would be nice to think that we could survive, but can anyone actually come up with any logical reason why we shouldn't finish bottom again?
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 21:15 - Jul 22 with 2830 viewsgreen

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 20:32 - Jul 22 by Ifonly

We finished bottom of these clubs last season and there's nothing to suggest our squad this year will be any stronger than last year. So, of course it would be nice to think that we could survive, but can anyone actually come up with any logical reason why we shouldn't finish bottom again?

Yes, we'll need to make some more signings but the only other reason I can think of is if some other teams get some big points deductions, otherwise it's the team that finished bottom the year before and 4th in the league below the following year so struggling to be optimistic at this stage.
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 21:36 - Jul 22 with 2797 viewskernow

Too difficult to predict the final Prem league in full, but top and bottom as follows:
Arsenal
Manchester City
Manchester United

Brentford
Bournemouth
Ipswich

Saints 14th
[Post edited 22 Jul 21:37]
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 22:15 - Jul 22 with 2747 views1teeminants

I agree with you on the bottom 3 Pat .

Saints 15 th

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 22:26 - Jul 22 with 2737 viewsarfurdent

would happily take 17th

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 07:36 - Jul 23 with 2572 viewsPatfromPoole

We will get battered a few times this season.

It is inevitable.

But then we lost 5-0 twice last season, plus a 4-1 defeat at home. And that turned out all right in the end.

We just need to keep a level head as and when it happens.

Easier said than done admittedly.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Login to get fewer ads

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 07:45 - Jul 23 with 2564 viewssolent_toffee

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 18:32 - Jul 22 by saintsfanbrock

1. Arsenal
2. Liverpool
3. Man City
4. Spurs
5. Villa
6. United
7. Newcastle
8. Chelsea
9. Brighton
10. West Ham
11. Palace
12. Brentford
13. Fulham
14. Saints
15. Wolves
16. Bournemouth
17. Forest
18. Everton
19. Leicester
20. Ipswich

Not going to go far off from you, agree on Leicester and Ipswich but I think with the ownership saga continuing I think this might be the season Everton go down. I also think the City bubble will burst . Most importantly not a dire seasons for Saints, probably a bad start to the season while we get used to the PL again (can’t see us hitting the ground running) but a better forecast come November and us all being pretty bored in the last five games or so!

I don’t think Everton’s ownership will have much of an impact, the club have been playing under uncertainty for a few years now and Dyche seems to relish in it. Finished comfortably above the relegation places last season, there will be a few out and a few in, but there’s a good pragmatic approach that’s united the management/team and the fans.

I think the giddy heights of mid table beckons.
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 08:02 - Jul 23 with 2549 viewsChesham_Saint

If we try the tippy tappy bollocks in the penalty area like we did last season we’ll get our arses handed to us big time. Is Martin flexible enough to adapt quickly? I’m not convinced. So, sadly relegation beckons I fear.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 16:41 - Jul 23 with 2374 viewsTripleNiemi

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 08:02 - Jul 23 by Chesham_Saint

If we try the tippy tappy bollocks in the penalty area like we did last season we’ll get our arses handed to us big time. Is Martin flexible enough to adapt quickly? I’m not convinced. So, sadly relegation beckons I fear.

Trust The Process as the plebs tell us…….

How does it go, ‘Get on board, or get off’
[Post edited 23 Jul 16:51]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 17:03 - Jul 23 with 2348 viewsfranniesTache

How the hell are people predicting Saints finish anywhere higher than 4th bottom??

We've not really signed anyone who i'd say is proven premier league level player, we have a bunch of strikers proven not to score in the top flight (and injury prone), we've signed a player who can't even make a warm up against Eastleigh and still have the worst selection of keepers since the mid 90s.

Add to that that Russball is a recipe for disaster in this league (just think about us playing keep ball at the back against any half decent side) and I think we'll be looking at just keeping our heads above water for most of the season.

My prediction is third or second from bottom and an opening game drubbing against Newcastle 3 or 4 - 0
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 18:09 - Jul 23 with 2289 viewsButty101

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 17:03 - Jul 23 by franniesTache

How the hell are people predicting Saints finish anywhere higher than 4th bottom??

We've not really signed anyone who i'd say is proven premier league level player, we have a bunch of strikers proven not to score in the top flight (and injury prone), we've signed a player who can't even make a warm up against Eastleigh and still have the worst selection of keepers since the mid 90s.

Add to that that Russball is a recipe for disaster in this league (just think about us playing keep ball at the back against any half decent side) and I think we'll be looking at just keeping our heads above water for most of the season.

My prediction is third or second from bottom and an opening game drubbing against Newcastle 3 or 4 - 0

Absolutely 100% spot on , this team 18th or 19th. Once KWP goes the defense will be worse than last season! We still need a keeper an experienced CB and a forward.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 21:23 - Jul 23 with 2213 viewsIfonly

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 18:09 - Jul 23 by Butty101

Absolutely 100% spot on , this team 18th or 19th. Once KWP goes the defense will be worse than last season! We still need a keeper an experienced CB and a forward.

Still too optimistic. I still see no reason to expect anything other than 20th (who are we better than, and why?). Here's hoping for some big signings or some other miracle because we badly need it.
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 06:14 - Jul 24 with 2113 viewsBuggalugs

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 17:03 - Jul 23 by franniesTache

You’re not factoring in the Northam Wall; the impact of which will be worth 12-15 additional points a season.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 06:16 - Jul 24 with 2110 viewsBuggalugs

People are definitely being overly optimistic, which I don’t blame them for. There’s a feel good factor at SFC now along with the possibility the momentum from last season continues.

How we start is crucial for me as our first 6 games are all winnable, so if we get a healthy points return on those, I can see a togetherness and resilience building to carry us through. However, the Premier League is very unforgiving, so it’s probably more realistic to expect us to revert to type with some horror show performances and a total capitulation.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 06:27 - Jul 24 with 2107 viewssolent_toffee

The three teams that came up the season before, all went down with a whimper. Both Burnley and Luton tried to play out from the back and didn’t change their style at all from the championship and got battered most weeks. Whilst the media patted them on the head, especially Luton, and called them plucky and a breath of fresh air, they were sh1te and naive. Sheff United sold most of their better players before a ball was kicked so set their stall out early doors to take the money and run.

Saints should learn from that.
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 08:31 - Jul 24 with 2062 viewsFlamingbankers

No reason to say that Saints won't finish 20th - with the present squad that looks odds on - but let's wait until the first match and compare squads. With 3 weeks to go the Management still need to do a vast amount of work in making a squad fit to compete in the Premier League.
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 08:36 - Jul 24 with 2051 viewssaintwizzler

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 08:31 - Jul 24 by Flamingbankers

No reason to say that Saints won't finish 20th - with the present squad that looks odds on - but let's wait until the first match and compare squads. With 3 weeks to go the Management still need to do a vast amount of work in making a squad fit to compete in the Premier League.

Probably better off waiting till the Brentford game when the transfer window is shut.

We are back where we started when Sports Republic took over.
Let’s see what they do now.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 09:04 - Jul 24 with 2039 viewsFlamingbankers

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 08:36 - Jul 24 by saintwizzler

Probably better off waiting till the Brentford game when the transfer window is shut.

We are back where we started when Sports Republic took over.
Let’s see what they do now.

If we're not ready to go in three weeks - I will be worried.
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 09:22 - Jul 24 with 2020 viewssaintwizzler

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 09:04 - Jul 24 by Flamingbankers

If we're not ready to go in three weeks - I will be worried.

The games v Forest and Brentford are winnable in August.
The Wife Beaters will beat us comfortably in the opener unfortunately.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 09:38 - Jul 24 with 2003 viewsFlamingbankers

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 09:22 - Jul 24 by saintwizzler

The games v Forest and Brentford are winnable in August.
The Wife Beaters will beat us comfortably in the opener unfortunately.

Yes, probably 5 winnable games out of the first nine. If we've got a reasonable squad, I think the fixtures are pretty kind to us and so having played a good mix of quality, we should know by the end of October how the remainder of the season's going to pan out. I'm not looking forward to the potential thumpings we might get this season. I suppose at least Ralph prepared us for that. As long as it doesn't get into double figures!!
[Post edited 24 Jul 9:39]
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 09:49 - Jul 24 with 1990 viewsfranniesTache

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 21:23 - Jul 23 by Ifonly

Still too optimistic. I still see no reason to expect anything other than 20th (who are we better than, and why?). Here's hoping for some big signings or some other miracle because we badly need it.

Only reason i didn't go 20th is because there's talk of a points deduction for Leicester, but definitely agree it wouldn't shock me if we finished bottom
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 10:44 - Jul 24 with 1962 viewsIanSouthstander

My concern is , as has been said , that the fixture list has been kind to us.
We need our strongest team at the start of the season to capitalise on that.
If we leave our signings to the last minute, effectively we wont have our strongest team playing together until they've bedded in together and that will be another couple of weeks.
This is going to be a very tough season and we can't allow easier points to be squandered. It will be the difference between staying up or getting relegated.
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 12:08 - Jul 24 with 1924 viewssaint901

For me:

Leicester bottom because have a points deduction and limited spending power to improve their team and we've seen them sell some potentially useful players.

Then Forest partly for the same reasons.

Ipswich will be interesting because they've risen so high so fast and keeping that into the PL will be difficult.

Everton will struggle. I think Wolves might as well.

We could finish above all them.

I doubt we will finish ahead of Bournemouth or Brighton or any of our close London rivals.

We will not lay a glove on Arsenal, Liverpool, City. I think Utd are not what they were.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024