Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sinton 17:40 - Jan 21 with 14095 viewsNorthernr

Interesting both Cifuentes and Cook referenced Andy Sinton giving a big speech to the lads at training on Friday as having a big impact on them…
Sinton on 14:30 - Jan 24 with 2084 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Sinton on 11:51 - Jan 24 by PhilmyRs

Yeah some good goals in there which you forget about. A quick look and although Chair has played a fair few more games, their goals/assists record doesn't look too dissimilar but given Andy was playing a higher level, and was pretty much an out-and-out winger rather than the modern day, more advanced, central position, not a bad return from him. Although given ability, think he could have chipped in with a few more.

Also, genuinely seemed like a both footed player. Some great left footed strikes and quality right footed finishes too.

When you have the ability to finish with both feet what a difference that makes, on the wing aswell gives you a dangerous player!
Sinton on 15:14 - Jan 24 with 1999 viewskensalriser

Understandably, not easy trying to make yourself understood when there's a procession of jumbos 200 feet above your head.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sinton on 18:14 - Jan 24 with 1853 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sinton on 23:15 - Jan 23 by numptydumpty

Andy is a diplomat and well versed in this role.

Think the fact he is critical without being damning is one of his many redeeming characteristics.

Can't agree at all that being more transparent and washing your dirty linen in public is a thing to be done ever.

Always best if this is kept to the training ground and the pre match team talks.

All the best managers rarely dig out players in public as it achieves nothing apart from humiliating the player concerned and can't see that helping in anyways.

Sinton is fine as he is for me. Being a diplomat us one of his more admirable traits for me.

Fair counter-comment, but I think I'd say that the problem at the club is that it rarely washes linen of any kind in public, and it's always the fans who are left in the dark. It's something that goes back years at QPR (and not only at QPR) and contributed, for example, to all the regrettable hostility toward Rio Ferdinand, similarly to Caulker, and now the farcical and outrageous situation with Richards, although I appreciate there are may also be issues around a duty of care in one or two cases to factor in. I'm certainly not suggesting AS should or will turn into some kind of incendiary anarchist, but there's a balance to be struck in life between an excess of tact and fulminating tactlessness, thar's all. For me, Nick London (and there's another example of the club showing contempt for its fans by explaining nothing about his departure, whatever the circs) walked a great line here and wasn't afraid to be real.
[Post edited 24 Jan 18:16]

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Sinton on 13:20 - Jan 26 with 1559 viewssprocket

Interesting piece. Sinton is a top bloke, zero bullshitter. Really think we have a top coach with MC. If we can hold onto him and scrape survival see no reason why we can't push on.
Sinton on 14:13 - Jan 26 with 1452 viewsWokingR

Love the fact that rather than take any credit his overriding emotion was to feel privileged to have been asked.
Top bloke.
Sinton on 08:41 - Jan 29 with 1101 viewsWokingR

Sorry lads, that lack of a win yesterday is on me.

I stopped Andy on his way up to the gantry yesterday.
Told him it was my job to check whether he'd spoken with the players again and that, if not, I was to send him back and not let him in until he had done so.
He had a chuckle, then dropped his shoulder and was passed me in a flash.
He's still got it.
Sinton on 09:06 - Jan 29 with 1023 viewsmart_Goblin

Sinton on 18:14 - Jan 24 by stainrods_elbow

Fair counter-comment, but I think I'd say that the problem at the club is that it rarely washes linen of any kind in public, and it's always the fans who are left in the dark. It's something that goes back years at QPR (and not only at QPR) and contributed, for example, to all the regrettable hostility toward Rio Ferdinand, similarly to Caulker, and now the farcical and outrageous situation with Richards, although I appreciate there are may also be issues around a duty of care in one or two cases to factor in. I'm certainly not suggesting AS should or will turn into some kind of incendiary anarchist, but there's a balance to be struck in life between an excess of tact and fulminating tactlessness, thar's all. For me, Nick London (and there's another example of the club showing contempt for its fans by explaining nothing about his departure, whatever the circs) walked a great line here and wasn't afraid to be real.
[Post edited 24 Jan 18:16]

Nick London got to big for his boots unfortunately but I agree that the lack of any info from the club, not just about this but almost everything, creates a void between the club and the fans .

Maybe because both people left the club at the same time the club felt nothing was needed to be said but your point is still valid in that respect.

Just to add that I really enjoyed Nicks commentary and was said to see he’d left/been asked to leave
[Post edited 29 Jan 9:08]
Sinton on 10:24 - Jan 30 with 752 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sinton on 09:06 - Jan 29 by mart_Goblin

Nick London got to big for his boots unfortunately but I agree that the lack of any info from the club, not just about this but almost everything, creates a void between the club and the fans .

Maybe because both people left the club at the same time the club felt nothing was needed to be said but your point is still valid in that respect.

Just to add that I really enjoyed Nicks commentary and was said to see he’d left/been asked to leave
[Post edited 29 Jan 9:08]

Rather than NL 'getting too big for his boots', whatever that means, the club should have bought him a bigger pair (whatever I mean).

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024