Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! 22:47 - Jul 2 with 7664 viewsnumptydumpty

Think we had many players over the years with dreadful disciplinary records in terms of yellow and red cards.

Am guessing fans that remember 70s and previous have few names that weren't necessarily disciplined by the referee as think you could almost decapitate an opposition player then and not even give away a free kick !!!

But most were dreadful elsewhere.
Mark Dennis definitely had double figures sending offs but not many here.

Recent times Barton clearly often lost the plot

We had Ruddock and Vinny Jones who hardly played for us but in terms of cards were certified bad boys.

In very recent days, Leistner entering the stands to give bit of an ear bashing to opposition fans.

Someone will know

Who has been the worst in history, dirtiest bustard to "play" for our club

[Post edited 2 Jul 2023 22:50]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 15:37 - Jul 3 with 1612 viewskensalriser

Vinnie Jones was definitely the biggest c*** that played for us. I'd rather have been relegated than have him put on the hoops.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 15:46 - Jul 3 with 1604 viewsextratimeR

Special mention for Alan Harris, I still remember him putting Kevin Hector? I think from Brian Clough's Derby promotion side into the old Ellerslie Road stand.
( Memory a bit dodgy but Alan Harris was very effective at our level and a total psycopath.
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 15:47 - Jul 3 with 1602 viewsTomS

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 00:38 - Jul 3 by traininvain

Tommy Doherty and Diakite deserve a mention.

You're right. But I think we have to consider two categories. One for those who clearly had a screw loose and whose fouls were blatant. Then another for those who were robust, but just about kept on the right side of the referee, but the person being marked/marking them may not have had the same opinion.

Certainly Doherty and Diakite fell into the first category. I'd nominate Paul Furlong as one for the second. He got away with a lot!
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 16:00 - Jul 3 with 1582 viewsflynnbo

Shout out for Don Shanks.
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 16:06 - Jul 3 with 1573 viewsToast_R

Samba Diakite was clearly the dirtiest closely followed by the Bristol strangler that was Tommy Docherty.
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 17:08 - Jul 3 with 1503 viewsJuzzie

Personally I never thought of Barton (Joseph) as dirty or hard. Just someone who thought in his own head he was but was actually a bit of a snide & a coward, IMO.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 17:09]
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 17:19 - Jul 3 with 1488 viewsLazyFan

We often have this come up ...

Mark Dennis had worse anger management issues than Barton. Hence he would get sent off a lot. He ruined his England career as he was better than Kenny Samson; very silly. So, he was a player that most others feared as he could lose it at any moment and take you out.

But the hardest is Macca. Fash the Bash and Hughes all got slammed about by Macca. The crazy gang hated playing against us, as they could not beat us while Macca was in the team. No opposition team intimidated us ever and if they tried Macca would just have a word and that would be the end of it.

Here is Macca after NI draw with England that got them to the World Cup, the England Fans were chanting it was a fix so, afterwards Macca told the entire England fan base to talk to him if. Yep he asks out all of the England fans:

And remember this is in 80's!
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 17:20]

zzzzzzzzzz

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 17:59 - Jul 3 with 1432 viewsJuzzie

I was at that Wembley game and no way was it a fix. NI deserved their draw and worked well & hard for it.

Macca's second international game, such maturity on young shoulders.
Login to get fewer ads

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 18:04 - Jul 3 with 1424 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Gavin Maguire was a nasty player, ended Danny Thomas' career with a cowardly tackle. Hard as nails though, I remember the friction burns on his legs due to the sliding tackles on the plastic pitch.

Martin Allen and Mark Dennis deserve special mentions as well.
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 18:36 - Jul 3 with 1374 viewsYorkshirehoop

Darren Peacock
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 18:47 - Jul 3 with 1357 viewsDorse

Wasn't Adam Bolder known as the Bristol Strangler? He must've been fairly nasty.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 18:52 - Jul 3 with 1356 viewsHastings_Hoops

Brevett was a liability
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 19:07 - Jul 3 with 1340 viewsthemodfather

so dirty, not hard or brave? ok gavin maguire tops my list with mark dennis a milli second behind. ouch!
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 20:04 - Jul 3 with 1303 viewsthehat

Mark Dennis - An absolute lunatic
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 20:40 - Jul 3 with 1268 viewsHastings_Hoops

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 06:56 - Jul 3 by SK_hoops

I vaguely remember Rufus Brevett being quite dirty, but just checked his stats and he never actually got sent off for us.

This… he was always on the brink of getting sent off in my opinion… didn’t he get sent off against Barnsley in on of those 3-1 wins at home?
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 20:43 - Jul 3 with 1263 viewsHunterhoop

How has no one mentioned George Santos?!

This is a man that runs on the pitch to break someone’s leg within 2 minutes.
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 20:57 - Jul 3 with 1247 viewsHooping_Mad

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 01:46 - Jul 3 by VancouverHoop

Diakite always deserves a mention! I think he was just brutally clumsy though, not seriously evil.

"He slid into our hearts, studs up and at a speed that suggested that he didn't care if either of us lived."

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 22:11 - Jul 3 with 1202 viewsitsbiga

Danny Shittu was a pretty hard player huh.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 23:48 - Jul 3 with 1155 viewsnumptydumpty

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 18:04 - Jul 3 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Gavin Maguire was a nasty player, ended Danny Thomas' career with a cowardly tackle. Hard as nails though, I remember the friction burns on his legs due to the sliding tackles on the plastic pitch.

Martin Allen and Mark Dennis deserve special mentions as well.

I know someone that is mates with Gavin Maguire and said he is very gentle nice man.

I lived in Portsmouth whilst he was playing for Pompey so saw him regularly there as well as many times for us.

Gentle and nice as a football player were two words that were far from accurate in describing Maguire the player !!
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 23:50]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 08:06 - Jul 4 with 1069 viewsEsox_Lucius

Gary Micklewhite.

The grass is always greener.

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 09:39 - Jul 4 with 1038 viewsterryb

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 08:06 - Jul 4 by Esox_Lucius

Gary Micklewhite.

This one will need explaining!
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 10:17 - Jul 4 with 1019 viewsAntti_Heinola

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 20:43 - Jul 3 by Hunterhoop

How has no one mentioned George Santos?!

This is a man that runs on the pitch to break someone’s leg within 2 minutes.

i used to flinch when he went in for one of his crunching two footers - actually almost always won the ball. But that incident when at Sheff U was awful.

Bare bones.

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 10:25 - Jul 4 with 1003 viewsSonofpugwash

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 23:48 - Jul 3 by numptydumpty

I know someone that is mates with Gavin Maguire and said he is very gentle nice man.

I lived in Portsmouth whilst he was playing for Pompey so saw him regularly there as well as many times for us.

Gentle and nice as a football player were two words that were far from accurate in describing Maguire the player !!
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 23:50]

Didn't he end up as a hairdresser?I know he was a hospital porter during the "Pandemic".

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 10:33 - Jul 4 with 975 viewslangtoft

Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 10:25 - Jul 4 by Sonofpugwash

Didn't he end up as a hairdresser?I know he was a hospital porter during the "Pandemic".

Chat with him on social media every now and then. He's a lovely bloke, and yes you are right on both counts. Very fond of the R's
Who was the dirtiest player ever to play for QPR !!! on 11:12 - Jul 4 with 919 viewsBostonR

In our fantastic team from 75/76 Don Masson was as hard as nails. A sublime player but could really take care of himself and the team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024