Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you happy with our transfer window so far 21:35 - Aug 6 with 4803 viewsthornabyswan

Are you happy with our transfer window so far

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 22:40 - Aug 7 with 1046 viewsjackrmee

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 10:32 - Aug 7 by TenbySwan

It seems we have good players in.

My only concern is that most are on loan so will all go back at the end of the season, and we have to start again.

Kalulu is option to buy at end of loan. Not sure if any more are.
We wouldn't be able to get Woodman or Surridge, as they're out of our league unless we go up.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 22:43 - Aug 7 with 1040 viewsjackrmee

Only 6% say no, which is a damn sight better than it would have been this time last year. We are moving forward.
And on top of the transfer window, we also have a better chairman and a solid backroom team, which is even more important than the playing staff imo

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 22:45 - Aug 7 with 1032 viewsjackrmee

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 14:45 - Aug 7 by 34dfgdf54

Agree with that, what worries me is what we will be left with come the end of the season when all of these players go back, and also players like VDH, Borja, Naughton (?) who are in the last year of their contracts most likely leave for free.

It's imperative the likes of Garrick, Evans, Cooper, even Govea, are given game time this year as it will be those we could well need to rely on next season,
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 14:46]

I wouldn't worry mate, our recruitment team and chairman seem top notch to be fair. This is the least worried I've been for many a year.

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 23:27 - Aug 7 with 971 viewsBadlands

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 22:43 - Aug 7 by jackrmee

Only 6% say no, which is a damn sight better than it would have been this time last year. We are moving forward.
And on top of the transfer window, we also have a better chairman and a solid backroom team, which is even more important than the playing staff imo

This time last year we had a significantly worse financial situation and about 10 decent - good quality under 23s to bring up.
Come January Potter refused signings preferring to work with the talent he had.
This season there is a vacuum at under 23 level and Cooper has brought in other teams younsgsters.
We'll have to see if they can be as successful as McBurnie, James, Grimes, Byers, Rodon, Celina, even Harries and Asoro.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 23:29 - Aug 7 with 970 viewsTrefynwySwan

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 16:34 - Aug 7 by vetchonian

Like Risca I will wait to see what happens by the end of tomorrow but overall I am quite happy with what we appear to have done.

Maybe I am wrong but I think we are set on keeping Borja maybe with a view to him possibly going in January and hopefully there is a "cunning plan" on how to replace him then.
There is a risk that Surridge could get recalled too so it could mean interesting times.
We appear to be cutting our cloth...funny really thet HJ remember him made comments about the fee we paid for BOny originally and hinted that would not be repeated....he must have had a memory lapse two seasons ago!!!!!

A young side didnt someone once say "you dont win anything with kids"......I know it was Man U but I prefer young and hungry as long as they have some talent rather than "experienced" and looking for a paycheck!

Didn’t Surridge join on a season long loan?? If so, I think Bournemouth can obviously recall him in the January transfer window, but only if a recall clause has been agreed in advance. Anybody know if this is the case??

Reasonably happy with business at the moment, but will be happier if we have managed to get rid of Ayew by the time the window closes but have kept Baston and VdH.
Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 23:37 - Aug 7 with 960 viewsTrefynwySwan

Just remember that the European window remains open til the end if the month (02/09/19 I think) so could still lose players even after ours closes tomorrow!! Could be good or bad depending on who departs.
Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 00:34 - Aug 8 with 921 viewsNotLoyal

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 23:27 - Aug 7 by Badlands

This time last year we had a significantly worse financial situation and about 10 decent - good quality under 23s to bring up.
This season there is a vacuum at under 23 level and Cooper has brought in other teams younsgsters.
We'll have to see if they can be as successful as McBurnie, James, Grimes, Byers, Rodon, Celina, even Harries and Asoro.

Where's the numbers on the financial situation from last year to this ?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 0:43]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 07:22 - Aug 8 with 849 viewsmajorraglan

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 00:34 - Aug 8 by NotLoyal

Where's the numbers on the financial situation from last year to this ?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 0:43]

According to Walesonline, in relation to parachute payments approximately £40m last season, £33m this season (I recall reading elsewhere that the first instalment of this years £33m payment was sold on to a bank last summer in lieu of a cash payment for last season) and £15m in the last season before reducing to nothing.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-much-swansea-city

If the club is going to live with in its means, unless it gets promoted back to the PL the cost cutting will have to continue. Developing and then selling players for high fees would be the way forward.

In year 3, as things stand if André Ayew is still at the club (and his wages are the alleged £80k per wee) he will trouser approximately 25% of the clubs payment.
Login to get fewer ads

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 07:39 - Aug 8 with 836 views34dfgdf54

Potter refused signings?

I highly doubt that.
Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 08:28 - Aug 8 with 793 viewsjackrmee

Potter refused signings? Who?
I very much doubt he'd refuse anyone if he'd thought they were any good.

edit: just noticed Risca has said almost exactly the same thing already
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 8:31]

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 08:32 - Aug 8 with 787 viewsSenhin

I know there's the 'option to buy' on one of them, but that just means that if he does really well then he'll reject that if lower half premier league clubs etc are interested.

Don't really see the point in a really young goalkeeper on loan.

If two, or maybe even just one, of the loans were actual transfers I'd have been happy enough. As long as we don't lose Van Der Hoorn

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 09:48 - Aug 8 with 735 viewsjasper_T

Are you happy with our transfer window so far on 08:28 - Aug 8 by jackrmee

Potter refused signings? Who?
I very much doubt he'd refuse anyone if he'd thought they were any good.

edit: just noticed Risca has said almost exactly the same thing already
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 8:31]

He did make a point of telling whingey journalists that it's not easy to improve on what we had, he wasn't desperate for anyone who could lace their own boots.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024