Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good Bye Russell Moore R.I.P. 07:46 - Dec 11 with 2127 viewsHarps55

Today in Saint Andrews Church in the village of Cobham Surrey, we said goodbye to our 'Brother in Hoops' Russell Moore. Russell was sadly admitted into hospital at the start of November, due to a pneumonia rated illness from which he never recovered.
Russell was 52 years young, a massive part of his life was his love for QPR, he proudly followed The R's home and away for the best part of four decades.
I've been to many funerals over the past 20 years, each one is a sad occasion in it's own right, but I have to say..... I've never ever seen a coffin made up of Blue and White Hoops, with the club crest on all four sides.... Russell's coffin was just that.!

Adorned in QPR scarfs, a QPR shirt and a QPR teddy bear, Russell was brought into church at exactly 1.45pm to the sound of 'Pig-Bag' bellowing out of the church speakers. There followed a very dignified service which was attended by over 200 people, that itself was a reflection of the love people had for Russell. His other love was for Cobham Town FC, of which he was a groundsman, a job he did for free.
Many QPR supporters swelled the number in church, to pay respects to one of our own, a big man, a gentle giant who we will all dearly miss at Loftus Road.

Russell held his last job for 36 years, sadly he was made redundant about two years ago. He struggled to find permanent employment elsewhere, so he gave his spare time to helping the 'Royal British Legion' in Cobham. Even though Russell's financial position was untenable, he still came to Loftus Road every week.!
No one knew that Russell couldn't afford a match day ticket, he would sit on the wall in South Africa Road near the chap who sells QPR badges, just to savior the pre-match atmosphere and to talk to Rangers fans as they went into the ground. Then after the match was over, you'd see Russell walking around, just like many of us do, enjoying the post match chat as many of us do...!

Russell was too proud too ask for help, but would travel up the A3, over 20 miles, to be at every QPR home game, as he was indeed proud to be part of the Rangers family, a truly remarkable man, and a man we won't forget. The QPR LSA along with the Inde R's, raised over £700 last Saturday at the QPR v Blackburn game which was given to Russell's Father today.... It's a crying shame we didn't know of Russel's financial circumstances, so that we at The LSA could have got him a season ticket too see his beloved QPR, instead of sitting on the wall each week outside the South Africa Road Stand.

God bless you Russell, our 'Brother in Hoops'..! RIP.... Amen. From Joe Hylton
Good Bye Russell Moore R.I.P. on 08:11 - Dec 11 with 2097 viewsLblock

Tragic news on his inability to get a ticket - I'd of gladly got him one even though only ever on nodding terms

RIP big fella

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Good Bye Russell Moore R.I.P. on 08:26 - Dec 11 with 2080 viewsFearless

Very moving words - as has been said by many, a well known face at QPR - RIP
Good Bye Russell Moore R.I.P. on 09:01 - Dec 11 with 2049 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks Harps. Lovely words.

Wish we'd known about the ticket situation.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Good Bye Russell Moore R.I.P. on 11:24 - Dec 11 with 1988 viewsRs_Holy

Good Bye Russell Moore R.I.P. on 09:01 - Dec 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks Harps. Lovely words.

Wish we'd known about the ticket situation.

+ 1
Good Bye Russell Moore R.I.P. on 12:25 - Dec 11 with 1948 viewsBlackCrowe

+2.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Good Bye Russell Moore R.I.P. on 12:32 - Dec 11 with 1940 viewsloftboy

+3

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Good Bye Russell Moore R.I.P. on 12:47 - Dec 11 with 1918 viewsHarbour

oh that is sad never knew him ...sounds like cracking bloke... RIP Russell ....a true rs supporter..and only 52 no age ...condolences to his family and friends
Good Bye Russell Moore R.I.P. on 15:24 - Dec 11 with 1808 viewsthemodfather

we have lost too many members of the r's family lately....
the sad truth is many times there are "spares" going and sometimes for a true fan, would give the ticket. nice post harp55...RIP russell
Login to get fewer ads

Good Bye Russell Moore R.I.P. on 15:47 - Dec 11 with 1779 viewsDevon_4_England

Really moving words - knew Russell to say hello to and used to always enjoy having a chat over the years.

Was always a friendly face to see down the Rangers and a top bloke.

He was good mates with a lad called Colin who I haven't seen for a while and introduced me to him originally around 93/94.

From that day I first met him he would always say hello and had time for everyone he met.

RIP Russell - we'll miss you mate
Good Bye Russell Moore R.I.P. on 17:29 - Dec 11 with 1695 viewspompeyhoop

I can picture him now sat on the wall with his JD bag slung over his shoulder. rest in peace big fella. He like 100's of others have been and are unconsciously part of my life for years and years, it's a fantastic club and I'm proud to be QPR

Anton Ferdinand was not a very good footballer...

Good Bye Russell Moore R.I.P. on 19:28 - Dec 11 with 1624 viewsLblock

Good Bye Russell Moore R.I.P. on 17:29 - Dec 11 by pompeyhoop

I can picture him now sat on the wall with his JD bag slung over his shoulder. rest in peace big fella. He like 100's of others have been and are unconsciously part of my life for years and years, it's a fantastic club and I'm proud to be QPR

Steady on fella -- that got me on the edge there

You've summed it all up to an absolute tee
For all the frustrations pain and agony this club puts us through its worth it

Then Now Always

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Good Bye Russell Moore R.I.P. on 19:35 - Dec 11 with 1616 viewsBklynRanger

Very touching post. I think it will stick in my mind for a long time. R.I.P Russell
Good Bye Russell Moore R.I.P. on 23:25 - Dec 11 with 1498 viewswestberksr

lost for words after reading the initial post. gutted to hear not just of his passing so young but the sad story running behind that. The amount of times you have a spare and don't find anyone to use it.

had one Saturday and didn't get used because the mate i phoned to offer it was still pissed from Friday. would happilly offer it to someone that for whatever reason wasn't able to stretch to the price of a ticket.

something very upsetting about this that is hard to quantify but you all know what i mean.

RIP
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024