Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Williams offski 19:42 - Sep 4 with 10091 viewsBakes

Leaving his position as QPR director of performance and joining the Brooklyn Nets in NBA
[Post edited 4 Sep 19:46]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Ben Williams offski on 19:50 - Sep 4 with 6811 viewsBoston

Sticking with the hoops then.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ben Williams offski on 20:00 - Sep 4 with 6724 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is this official, Bakes?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ben Williams offski on 20:04 - Sep 4 with 6660 viewsBakes

Ben Williams offski on 20:00 - Sep 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Is this official, Bakes?

Looks to be happening

Ben Williams offski on 20:05 - Sep 4 with 6648 viewsNorthernr

Shock.
Ben Williams offski on 20:07 - Sep 4 with 6598 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ben Williams offski on 20:04 - Sep 4 by Bakes

Looks to be happening

Thanks Bakes.

Ben Williams offski on 20:19 - Sep 4 with 6480 viewsBakes

Was this expected? He’s only been here 13 months

Ben Williams offski on 20:25 - Sep 4 with 6368 viewsJuzzie

Who?
Ben Williams offski on 20:30 - Sep 4 with 6294 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Director of Performance, and the whole performance analyst role is very new and can really mean anything to any club.

I've been very sceptical about the idea that we supoosedly deliberatly started last season slower than others in terms of fitness, as Ainsworth told us, and that it would stand to us later. When Williams was with Sky/Ineos did Froome or Thomas lose time in the first few stages of the Tour de France and try to catch up later?

It seemed possible to me that it was an artful dodge to get around how poor the fitness regime was that Williams inherited from Ainsworth/Rangers.

Fine, if so.

But this year we were slow starters as well, and it was curious. I thought we were unfit in our pre-season, even more than is normal for any club. I thought we were unfit in our first couple of games. But. Since then. Big change.

Now, I know that Williams' role is not just about fitness. In other sports the Director of Performance influences every sphere - physical, medical, psychological, sleep, nutrition. Usually every sphere except tactical and technical.

So those of us on the outside have no idea what his role was, if he helped, if he didn't, if he worked well with others, if he didn't, if we learned from, if we didn't, if we have a replacement for him, if we don't.

But it's damn likely that this will affect our season in a big way. One way or the other.
Because with this man's track record we can reasonably assume that he was heavily involved with every player.

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Williams offski on 20:50 - Sep 4 with 6047 viewsdmm

Ben Williams offski on 20:30 - Sep 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Director of Performance, and the whole performance analyst role is very new and can really mean anything to any club.

I've been very sceptical about the idea that we supoosedly deliberatly started last season slower than others in terms of fitness, as Ainsworth told us, and that it would stand to us later. When Williams was with Sky/Ineos did Froome or Thomas lose time in the first few stages of the Tour de France and try to catch up later?

It seemed possible to me that it was an artful dodge to get around how poor the fitness regime was that Williams inherited from Ainsworth/Rangers.

Fine, if so.

But this year we were slow starters as well, and it was curious. I thought we were unfit in our pre-season, even more than is normal for any club. I thought we were unfit in our first couple of games. But. Since then. Big change.

Now, I know that Williams' role is not just about fitness. In other sports the Director of Performance influences every sphere - physical, medical, psychological, sleep, nutrition. Usually every sphere except tactical and technical.

So those of us on the outside have no idea what his role was, if he helped, if he didn't, if he worked well with others, if he didn't, if we learned from, if we didn't, if we have a replacement for him, if we don't.

But it's damn likely that this will affect our season in a big way. One way or the other.
Because with this man's track record we can reasonably assume that he was heavily involved with every player.

It will be very interesting to see if the club appoints someone else into that position.
Ben Williams offski on 21:18 - Sep 4 with 5831 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ben Williams offski on 20:50 - Sep 4 by dmm

It will be very interesting to see if the club appoints someone else into that position.

Very true, Den.

Ben Williams offski on 21:53 - Sep 4 with 5576 viewsbosh67

Ben Williams offski on 20:04 - Sep 4 by Bakes

Looks to be happening

"Although he has no basketball experience he’s known as an innovator."

Does this mean he's going to teach them to kick the ball into the hoops?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ben Williams offski on 22:03 - Sep 4 with 5498 viewsMrSheen

Let’s hope JCS doesn’t miss him.

Clearly an ambitious man who likes to try himself out in new surroundings. Good luck to him.
Ben Williams offski on 22:07 - Sep 4 with 5438 viewsAntti_Heinola

well, some people on here will be very pleased. Williams seemed to have a lot of power that put a few sources' noses out of joint...

Bare bones.

Ben Williams offski on 22:16 - Sep 4 with 5347 viewsnumptydumpty

There was hardly any longer term injuries, the latter part of the season.

I personally believe, it was connected to Williams and not a mere coincidence.

It's a disappointing departure after a short period of time, but hopefully the people he worked with, have seen his techniques and can implement them themselves or with a new boss with similar credentials and work practices.

I know a few are sceptical but I think, there was absolutely something within it all.

Shame but sure Nourry is constantly searching for decent replacements in all departments as you never who will leave and when.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ben Williams offski on 22:20 - Sep 4 with 5305 viewsrbee

This is disappointing news and as Brian says it could have a negative impact on the club.

Also surprising news as Clive recently said that Ben and Christian were close and that Ben was getting involved in other areas of the club.

You only have to look at our injury record last season and how players such as JCS and Willock just kept playing.

We have to hope that Ben is leaving the club on good terms, that he has passed his knowledge and experience on to those in his department and that the club continue with any working practices, procedures etc that Ben has implemented.
Ben Williams offski on 23:15 - Sep 4 with 5080 viewsnix

Ben Williams offski on 22:20 - Sep 4 by rbee

This is disappointing news and as Brian says it could have a negative impact on the club.

Also surprising news as Clive recently said that Ben and Christian were close and that Ben was getting involved in other areas of the club.

You only have to look at our injury record last season and how players such as JCS and Willock just kept playing.

We have to hope that Ben is leaving the club on good terms, that he has passed his knowledge and experience on to those in his department and that the club continue with any working practices, procedures etc that Ben has implemented.

My son says there's huge wads of cash in basketball so it sounds more like he left us for greater things rather than any aggro with QPR.
Ben Williams offski on 23:23 - Sep 4 with 5026 viewsnumptydumpty

Ben Williams offski on 23:15 - Sep 4 by nix

My son says there's huge wads of cash in basketball so it sounds more like he left us for greater things rather than any aggro with QPR.

The top basketball players seem to be the highest paid sportsmen7 of all sports Nix.

Better paid than Lewis Hamilton, Jo's Verstappen, Lionel Messi or Christiano Ronaldo.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ben Williams offski on 23:30 - Sep 4 with 4976 viewsQuillPenRiot

Ben Williams offski on 22:07 - Sep 4 by Antti_Heinola

well, some people on here will be very pleased. Williams seemed to have a lot of power that put a few sources' noses out of joint...

True, some people can be great innovators and get some new goodness in place, but then don’t necessarily have the personality or desire to sustain it once it’s created. Often it’s better to find someone to take it over for the next stage, the right person will even improve it
Ben Williams offski on 23:50 - Sep 4 with 4858 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ben Williams offski on 23:30 - Sep 4 by QuillPenRiot

True, some people can be great innovators and get some new goodness in place, but then don’t necessarily have the personality or desire to sustain it once it’s created. Often it’s better to find someone to take it over for the next stage, the right person will even improve it

According to his CV, Williams spent a decade at Sky/Ineos.

Ben Williams offski on 00:19 - Sep 5 with 4776 viewsQuillPenRiot

Ben Williams offski on 23:50 - Sep 4 by BrianMcCarthy

According to his CV, Williams spent a decade at Sky/Ineos.

Well obviously i have no real idea of what’s going on, maybe he didn’t like the environment here, Brooklyn nets has a lot more money I’d think, too. Who knows?
Ben Williams offski on 02:56 - Sep 5 with 4492 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ben Williams offski on 00:19 - Sep 5 by QuillPenRiot

Well obviously i have no real idea of what’s going on, maybe he didn’t like the environment here, Brooklyn nets has a lot more money I’d think, too. Who knows?

I have no idea either, Quill.

It was quite an exciting appointment, and our injury record under him was excellent (which I meant to include in my post above, but forgot) so I hope whoever found him is still with us and can find a similar person.

At least I think that's what I hope.

Ben Williams offski on 07:04 - Sep 5 with 4015 viewspaulhoop2

Good riddance many long serving matchday staff been chopped due to the Williams Nourry mafia one day all will be revealed hopefully

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Ben Williams offski on 08:22 - Sep 5 with 3565 viewswombat

Ben Williams offski on 07:04 - Sep 5 by paulhoop2

Good riddance many long serving matchday staff been chopped due to the Williams Nourry mafia one day all will be revealed hopefully

if we starter getting hamstring inuires then we know he was doing something right .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Ben Williams offski on 08:40 - Sep 5 with 3434 viewsslmrstid

End of the day working in the NBA with Brooklyn Nets is a much bigger and (probably) better paid opportunity than a job with QPR in the Championship.

Not going to be much more to it than that. Change happens all the time in the working world.
Ben Williams offski on 08:52 - Sep 5 with 3378 viewssilky

Genuinely gutted about this. His slow burn approach was in the end quite the masterstroke last season.

Also not an coincidence that our best injury record in years was when he was head of the team.

I believe the position should be fill on his recommendation and hope it doesn't deter our season.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024