Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old Boys hooked 16:55 - Aug 31 with 15801 viewsconnell10

Dozy, Willy and Sincs all hooked today as their teams all get beaten.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Old Boys hooked on 12:03 - Sep 1 with 3625 viewsstevec

Old Boys hooked on 17:13 - Aug 31 by SK_hoops

Quick read of the messageboard and they're already moaning that Armstrong can't finish.
[Post edited 31 Aug 17:14]

I imagine they think they’re above it, but if I was a buying manager or owner I’d plough through message boards as collectively they can be pretty accurate about their players.
Old Boys hooked on 12:09 - Sep 1 with 3589 viewsnix

Old Boys hooked on 12:03 - Sep 1 by stevec

I imagine they think they’re above it, but if I was a buying manager or owner I’d plough through message boards as collectively they can be pretty accurate about their players.

Yes, at times there are some totally batshit views but if we reach a consensus it can be relevant - like someone being a lazy arse. However, surely anyone could tell that SA can't shoot if they'd watched him play? Maybe they bought him largely as a disruptor/for his pace rather than as an out and out goal scorer?
Old Boys hooked on 12:40 - Sep 1 with 3463 viewsstevec

Old Boys hooked on 12:09 - Sep 1 by nix

Yes, at times there are some totally batshit views but if we reach a consensus it can be relevant - like someone being a lazy arse. However, surely anyone could tell that SA can't shoot if they'd watched him play? Maybe they bought him largely as a disruptor/for his pace rather than as an out and out goal scorer?

My guess is they saw pace, they saw strength and thought all we need to do now is sort his feet out.

Not so easy it seems.
Old Boys hooked on 12:54 - Sep 1 with 3373 viewsdmm

As has been said before, he chose the wrong sport. He'd be brilliant at rugby or American football where he doesn't have to kick a ball.
Old Boys hooked on 12:55 - Sep 1 with 3368 viewssaxbend

I think since we're all giving Celar a chance, the Wurzels should extend the same courtesy to Armstrong. It's only fair, especially as he is still relatively inexperienced.

No surprise with Willock. They've got the Willock of last season, not the one from two years prior, and perhaps he is not playing in a team that he's capable of carrying.

As for Richards, seems we'll get no more than the minimum we would have hoped for with this loan, one year closer to the end of his contract at least some of his wages paid by someone else.

But for all of the above, we've barely started the season. Even 2 months from now things could look very different, never mind by April.
Old Boys hooked on 12:55 - Sep 1 with 3399 viewsSK_hoops

The strength that Frey showed to set up Madsen against Luton and his finishing ability, makes me thing we never needed Armstrong. OK, Armstrong is faster, but that doesn't mean anything if you can't finish.
Old Boys hooked on 13:15 - Sep 1 with 3327 viewsDavieQPR

Old Boys hooked on 11:22 - Sep 1 by mart_Goblin

Is Dickie injured?

Hamstring. Out for a couple months.
Old Boys hooked on 13:22 - Sep 1 with 3254 viewssaxbend

Old Boys hooked on 12:55 - Sep 1 by SK_hoops

The strength that Frey showed to set up Madsen against Luton and his finishing ability, makes me thing we never needed Armstrong. OK, Armstrong is faster, but that doesn't mean anything if you can't finish.

What we do need is to have a least one striker fully fit for each game. There's going to come a point where Frey and Celar are both unavailable for a few games in a row. I like Lloyd and Kolli, but they would be equivalent to Armstrong at best and we don't want to put that much pressure on them all of a sudden.
Login to get fewer ads

Old Boys hooked on 14:37 - Sep 1 with 3056 viewsvanrrrr

Other than Exe, obviously, who was the last one of our senior players who left and went on to bigger and better things?
Old Boys hooked on 15:30 - Sep 1 with 2864 viewsconnell10

Old Boys hooked on 14:37 - Sep 1 by vanrrrr

Other than Exe, obviously, who was the last one of our senior players who left and went on to bigger and better things?

Eze he went on to bigger things , I think Exe was a flash in the pan

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Old Boys hooked on 15:46 - Sep 1 with 2797 viewsGus_iom

He's scored through the levels, though. If he can add scoring to his game, which I doubt, he'll be some player
I suppose they thought he's worth a punt on that.
[Post edited 1 Sep 15:47]
Old Boys hooked on 15:47 - Sep 1 with 2783 viewssparkey

Luongo maybe?
Old Boys hooked on 15:47 - Sep 1 with 2777 viewscolinallcars

Old Boys hooked on 15:30 - Sep 1 by connell10

Eze he went on to bigger things , I think Exe was a flash in the pan

I thought Exe was Exemplary…
Old Boys hooked on 15:55 - Sep 1 with 2707 viewsPeterHucker

got a WhatsApp message from my Pompey mate yesterday "our fans can't stand Dozzell already"
Old Boys hooked on 17:00 - Sep 1 with 2500 viewsDorse

Old Boys hooked on 15:55 - Sep 1 by PeterHucker

got a WhatsApp message from my Pompey mate yesterday "our fans can't stand Dozzell already"

Posers. We hated him before it was cool.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Old Boys hooked on 17:43 - Sep 1 with 2323 viewsLowerloftLad

Sinclair 1 goal In 5 games for bristol.

His goal to game ratio is rubbish marti is no mug.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Old Boys hooked on 17:46 - Sep 1 with 2279 viewsstevec

Seems Les had a master plan after all.

Bring in lots of crap footballers and then unleash them on unsuspecting championship sides all at the same time, decimating them and allowing us to rise up the Division.

Birmingham was just a starter.

Genius.
Old Boys hooked on 18:15 - Sep 1 with 2132 viewsSK_hoops

B.O.S?
Old Boys hooked on 18:44 - Sep 1 with 2012 viewsMrSheen

Old Boys hooked on 18:15 - Sep 1 by SK_hoops

B.O.S?

Chery.
Old Boys hooked on 18:48 - Sep 1 with 2007 viewsdixiedean

Nice one Simon . Upsetting Cardiff fans has full approval 👍
Old Boys hooked on 18:54 - Sep 1 with 1988 viewsJimmyR

Old Boys hooked on 18:48 - Sep 1 by dixiedean

Nice one Simon . Upsetting Cardiff fans has full approval 👍

I sent my mate (big cardiff fan) Clive's season preview, as the writing is that good, send him a few bits that aren't 100% QPR actually - he thought he was way off tipping them to go down.

Then I was saying about Willock, how i reckon he'll be injured/out for the season by Christmas etc. My mate was like, nah nah he's gona get 10 goals this year....

You'll be lucky be lucky if he starts 10 games!
[Post edited 1 Sep 18:55]
Old Boys hooked on 19:12 - Sep 1 with 1919 viewskensalriser

When do we think Willock will be out injured?

I'll go with first week November.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Old Boys hooked on 19:47 - Sep 1 with 1785 viewsJimmyR

Old Boys hooked on 19:12 - Sep 1 by kensalriser

When do we think Willock will be out injured?

I'll go with first week November.

Tbf Christmas is aspirational…

I’ll go calf strain 3rd week on nov
Old Boys hooked on 19:53 - Sep 1 with 1730 viewsstainrods_elbow

Old Boys hooked on 15:46 - Sep 1 by Gus_iom

He's scored through the levels, though. If he can add scoring to his game, which I doubt, he'll be some player
I suppose they thought he's worth a punt on that.
[Post edited 1 Sep 15:47]

So, logically, I guess that means he's found his level (or I suppose not found it).

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Old Boys hooked on 20:02 - Sep 1 with 1673 viewsDavieQPR

If you count Armstrong’s Shamrock Rovers time he has now scored 9 career goals in 90 matches. That is not a strikers return.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024