Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview 15:10 - Aug 30 with 5245 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62894
Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 15:35 - Aug 30 with 4965 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent preview, and a balanced analysis of Dykes's time here, I think.

Thanks as ever.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 19:51 - Aug 30 with 3459 viewsFredManRave

You could have just posted the picture and saved yourself a thousand words!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 08:06 - Aug 31 with 2595 viewsgazza1

I, as you well know, did not rate LD. I never used the word 'useless' for a professional footballer because they are not useless. I prefer to be more reasonable and use words like 'limited' & 'not very good' - sadly I used those words frequently for LD. I wish LD no harm in the world but some of the 'stuff' that posters write about LD is just 'proper rubbish'. He did not work especially hard, he was not a strong player, he was not quick, he was not brave....basically 'he was not'.

Anyways, good luck to the boy, hope it goes well for him at B'ham.
Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 09:34 - Aug 31 with 2435 viewsParkRoyalR

Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 08:06 - Aug 31 by gazza1

I, as you well know, did not rate LD. I never used the word 'useless' for a professional footballer because they are not useless. I prefer to be more reasonable and use words like 'limited' & 'not very good' - sadly I used those words frequently for LD. I wish LD no harm in the world but some of the 'stuff' that posters write about LD is just 'proper rubbish'. He did not work especially hard, he was not a strong player, he was not quick, he was not brave....basically 'he was not'.

Anyways, good luck to the boy, hope it goes well for him at B'ham.

Not brave, horrendous head clash at home v WBA a few seasons ago, one of their giant Centre Backs nutted him in the back of the head, ended up both half sparked out, WBA guy with a huge egg sized lump on his forehead, Dykes got back up and carried on trying to win headers, not brave is an inaccurate and unfair slight when the likes of Wzolek and others who weren't never got called out for their obvious lack of bravery.
Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 11:45 - Aug 31 with 2235 viewsgazza1

Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 09:34 - Aug 31 by ParkRoyalR

Not brave, horrendous head clash at home v WBA a few seasons ago, one of their giant Centre Backs nutted him in the back of the head, ended up both half sparked out, WBA guy with a huge egg sized lump on his forehead, Dykes got back up and carried on trying to win headers, not brave is an inaccurate and unfair slight when the likes of Wzolek and others who weren't never got called out for their obvious lack of bravery.

He was bullied in most matches that he played in.......far, far from being brave or hard.

As I said in another post, he was not good enough for Championship, hence why he has gone to a Div 1 team. I think that is justification on my part and not yours.
Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 11:56 - Aug 31 with 2198 viewsParkRoyalR

Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 11:45 - Aug 31 by gazza1

He was bullied in most matches that he played in.......far, far from being brave or hard.

As I said in another post, he was not good enough for Championship, hence why he has gone to a Div 1 team. I think that is justification on my part and not yours.

Birmingham can spend £10m+ on a Premier League forward, can probably afford any striker in the Championship and chose to buy Dykes.

If, huge if, Frey can deliver repeat performances like last night, we've upgraded, and I like the look of Celar and even Doughty as a 3rd striker, so reasons to be cautiously optimistic.
Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 12:11 - Aug 31 with 2154 viewsgazza1

Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 11:56 - Aug 31 by ParkRoyalR

Birmingham can spend £10m+ on a Premier League forward, can probably afford any striker in the Championship and chose to buy Dykes.

If, huge if, Frey can deliver repeat performances like last night, we've upgraded, and I like the look of Celar and even Doughty as a 3rd striker, so reasons to be cautiously optimistic.

I, along with many posters, have proved you wrong about Dykes (he was a very limited CF and not good enough for the Championship) and you still cannot see it. Lets see how he gets on at B 'ham (not our problem thankfully).....how many goals or assists do you think he will score this season for B'ham (??) if he is as good you you think despite his failures at QPR. I do not know because I do not know that standard of the 1st Division - I basically do not watch it.
Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 12:17 - Aug 31 with 2130 viewsParkRoyalR

Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 12:11 - Aug 31 by gazza1

I, along with many posters, have proved you wrong about Dykes (he was a very limited CF and not good enough for the Championship) and you still cannot see it. Lets see how he gets on at B 'ham (not our problem thankfully).....how many goals or assists do you think he will score this season for B'ham (??) if he is as good you you think despite his failures at QPR. I do not know because I do not know that standard of the 1st Division - I basically do not watch it.

Let's agree to disagree on the above and we can also agree if they're spending £10m+bonuses on Premier League forwards, Dykes is not going to start too many games.
Login to get fewer ads

Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 12:50 - Aug 31 with 2032 viewsHoopsie

I think Dykes is a very Ainsworth type of player - wear heart on sleeve and run through brick walls - never mind if limited.

But we need our strikers to score goals, all other good work considered.

He hardly delivered the goals, is my opinion.

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 12:54 - Aug 31 with 2020 viewsfrancisbowles

I think Brum would like Lyndon to drop short and try and flick headers on for Stansfield.
Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 14:51 - Aug 31 with 1794 viewsQPROslo

Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 11:56 - Aug 31 by ParkRoyalR

Who da fakk is Doughty? Or did we manage to pick him up from Luton after the game? He looks more of a winger though.
Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 15:25 - Aug 31 with 1708 viewsParkRoyalR

Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 14:51 - Aug 31 by QPROslo

Who da fakk is Doughty? Or did we manage to pick him up from Luton after the game? He looks more of a winger though.

Haha, meant Alfie not Doughty, direct runner and probably a good 3rd option as Centre Forward rather than being out on the Wing
Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 16:34 - Aug 31 with 1588 viewsBklynRanger

I maintain, and was mentioned,.he's done really well considering how far he's come in recent years.

How many players in the Championship weren't even playing the game 10 years ago?

He's from a family of athletes (wouldn't mind meeting his sister).

Good luck to him, good bloke undoubtedly. But a reflection of our position these days, not that we gambled on him, but that we had to hold to him for so long.
Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 22:05 - Aug 31 with 1241 viewsHoopsie

Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 12:54 - Aug 31 by francisbowles

I think Brum would like Lyndon to drop short and try and flick headers on for Stansfield.

Not quite likely.

Alfie May was lone striker for the home win against Wigan

Dykes substituted him.

Seems like Dykes will be third choice once Stansfield plays

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Farewell Lyndon, we hardly knew you – Preview on 07:43 - Sep 1 with 834 viewsPlanetHonneywood

It seems to me based on what I've seen of Dykes, and what is being said of Frey this season: the latter has shown more in four games this season, then Dykes did in four years.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024