Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LFW Message Board Glossary 17:05 - Aug 29 with 20318 viewsNorthernr

"The pay-as-you-play deal" - whenever a potential signing is rumoured or suggested who is obviously a) too fcking old, b) too fcking expensive, c) qualifying for a hip replacement on the NHS, d) one of life's genuine arseholes who's blown up every dressing room he's ever been in, instead of dismissing the idea out of hand one is duty bound to suggest a pay-as-you-play deal. That he wouldn't accept this, and that this doesn't really exist, is irrelevant.

"Digging down" - whenever discussing the merits of a new stadium, of trying to redevelop the one we already have, one is duty bound to suggest digging Loftus Road down into the ground. The fact this would also dig it down into the water table and effectively create a world leading water polo venue for a good six months a year is also irrelevant. Will also accept "building out over South Africa Road" and "adding a revolving restaurant".

"Les was crap to start with as well" - whenever debating the ability or otherwise of a new striker, due consideration must always be given to the fact Les Ferdinand was total dog sht when he first got here. Please see three years of Conor Washington debate, or 17 pages (and counting) on Lyndon Dykes' move to Birmingham.

LFW Message Board Glossary on 12:59 - Aug 31 with 3005 viewsibnumber10

Boutique Club

Owners code for:
“We’re not going to build a new stadium or redevelop, so we’ll reduce capacity and jack up the ticket prices, and we’ll sell the concept by having top models with fur coats and no knickers sitting in the directors box for 5 minutes until they get too cold”.
LFW Message Board Glossary on 13:13 - Aug 31 with 2963 viewsHoopsie

“Favourite Cheese?”

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

LFW Message Board Glossary on 13:24 - Aug 31 with 2914 viewswestberksr

Dave - nicknamed given to striker who suddenly goes on a rampaging goalscoring run and has a surname that rhymes with nothing in particular

...... my Dad would also have used this for chris kiwomya
LFW Message Board Glossary on 16:49 - Aug 31 with 2765 viewsDorse

'We can't have nice things...' expression of existential angst occasioned by, variously, an injury to the only saleable asset at the club 10 minutes before the transfer window opens, pissing away a two goal lead in a cup match against non league opposition before losing to a freak goal in injury time, getting excited about a top 6 finish in October just prior to a 20 match winless streak etc.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

LFW Message Board Glossary on 16:49 - Aug 31 with 2768 viewsR_from_afar

"Our Sky overlords": Amongst other things, this covers a match kick-off scheduling system based on three customised dartboards, one for the day of the week, one for the hour of kick-off and one for the precise minute.

The darts are thrown by blindfolded gibbons.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

LFW Message Board Glossary on 19:23 - Aug 31 with 2629 viewsSonofpugwash

"Is he on the bus?"

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

LFW Message Board Glossary on 23:21 - Aug 31 with 2492 viewsGroveR

LFW Message Board Glossary on 08:23 - Aug 30 by GaryBannister86

"were you at the game?" - I was, therefore my opinion is worth far more than yours, shows secretly I am a better fan, and did indeed spend the entire 90 minutes analysing the player's off the ball movement which you couldn't see on your stream, even though I was in Row Y behind a pillar

See also

"Just Back..." (posted at 16:47): signifies either a) the poster has something controversial to say and wants to back it up with the patina of respect of having been to a game they weren't at or b) the poster lives in the club shop.
LFW Message Board Glossary on 00:50 - Sep 1 with 2393 viewsFredManRave

Is Remy available for the play-offs?

Used as a reply to when a poster asks a question that every other poster knows the answer to.

And can still be seen being used 10 years later...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

LFW Message Board Glossary on 07:38 - Sep 1 with 2279 viewsHugey

"I won't relax until we're mathematically safe", when only a ludicrous combination of results will see us relegated.

"Turn your phone sideways and click refresh", when someone is only seeing half a screen
LFW Message Board Glossary on 16:06 - Sep 1 with 2041 viewsGroveR

"You don't play for Man Utd unless you're decent"

Easily countered by pointing out the ones that end up at Rangers are either a) clapped-out old warhorses here for a final cashout (Rio Ferdinand, Park Ji-sung), b) callow young children whose experience amounts to "cookin' at rondo" on billiard-like academy pitches (Sean Goss, Will Keane, "Nards" Nardiello) or c) were genuinely shìt and stole a living from both clubs (Fábio, Macheda).

Beware when casually using a-c) to shoot a poster down as they may invoke the "Danny Simpson Paradox" (evidence an ex Man Utd player can come here and be good, at least until the PlayDoh-jowelled manager releases him to play a back 3 he has neither the players nor intelligence to execute).
LFW Message Board Glossary on 00:50 - Sep 2 with 1772 viewsCiderwithRsie

LFW Message Board Glossary on 18:55 - Aug 29 by Bluce_Ree

"Eze"

A sign that half the forum is about to w@nk itself to death because of something he's just done for Palace.

Feels like the appropriate place to note that he scored against Them.
LFW Message Board Glossary on 00:59 - Sep 2 with 1767 viewsCLAREMAN1995

LFW Message Board Glossary on 00:50 - Sep 2 by CiderwithRsie

Feels like the appropriate place to note that he scored against Them.

Did everybody see that stunning goal its just another example of his talent just incredible.
How did he not get sold before Olise is beyond me (ML is an excellentplayer also ) but Eze is a step above .The sky is the limit IMO.
Que the crotch grabbing wa*k fest
LFW Message Board Glossary on 03:26 - Sep 2 with 1702 viewsFredManRave

"Kevin Miller could have done better, perhaps?"

Probably, one of the top 10 games to reminisce, when all to play for we, incredibly, put 6 past Palace, one of those scorers was Kulscar, for crying out loud, and the suggestion, allegedly, is that, maybe Miller, maybe, could have done better.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

LFW Message Board Glossary on 05:13 - Sep 2 with 1649 viewssilky

If only we had 11 Jamie Mackies

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

LFW Message Board Glossary on 08:41 - Sep 2 with 1486 viewsEsox_Lucius

Versatile as an egg. Used whenever one of our club legends signs a .... oh wait... as you were.

The grass is always greener.

LFW Message Board Glossary on 09:52 - Sep 2 with 1436 viewsCiderwithRsie

Just been reminded by another thread of an old and slightly niche one:

"Languid": correct spelling and pronunciation of Leroy Fer's first name.
LFW Message Board Glossary on 13:35 - Sep 2 with 1313 views89_50

Two weeks before a game against Wawllll/Luton/Leeds, when oppo fans appear on the forum asking how to buy tickets.

Usually something like: 'I'm over from [insert random country] with 6 of my family members. We're big QPR fans and hope to get tickets in the home end. How do we buy them?'

It's like clockwork.
LFW Message Board Glossary on 13:45 - Sep 2 with 1266 viewsconnell10

£7..FOR A PINT OF PISS....not for me!! Any beer that the poster won't buy inside the stadium.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

LFW Message Board Glossary on 13:47 - Sep 2 with 1259 viewsJuzzie

Not only do teams not get relegated in August, nor do teams get promoted. See Sunderland thread.
LFW Message Board Glossary on 13:59 - Sep 2 with 1214 viewsBathRanger

48 game season - stems from QPR usually losing their opening round cup games in both League and F.A. Cups most seasons, often to lower league teams.

Connor in the box office - someone else can fill in the details on where that came from because I can't remember
LFW Message Board Glossary on 16:06 - Sep 2 with 1059 viewsNorthernr

LFW Message Board Glossary on 13:35 - Sep 2 by 89_50

Two weeks before a game against Wawllll/Luton/Leeds, when oppo fans appear on the forum asking how to buy tickets.

Usually something like: 'I'm over from [insert random country] with 6 of my family members. We're big QPR fans and hope to get tickets in the home end. How do we buy them?'

It's like clockwork.

All those fans suddenly descending on us from Belgrade, for the Leeds game. Funny that.
LFW Message Board Glossary on 19:02 - Sep 2 with 931 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ar dheis Dé - Cork based response to an unexpected and/or untimely death.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

LFW Message Board Glossary on 19:16 - Sep 2 with 911 viewsBrianMcCarthy

LFW Message Board Glossary on 19:02 - Sep 2 by PlanetHonneywood

Ar dheis Dé - Cork based response to an unexpected and/or untimely death.

Maith thú!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

LFW Message Board Glossary on 09:01 - Sep 3 with 697 viewsBluce_Ree

"Happy Chelsea out of Europe Day"

Admittedly, I don't use it as much now that Chelsea are shit and since they won the Champions League (allegedly, I turned it off just before the last penalty so they're really Shrodinger's C*nts).

But I used to enjoy saying it every year.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

LFW Message Board Glossary on 09:42 - Sep 3 with 667 viewsSunnyVanGo

Losing Damion Stewart to the AFCON.

Definition - the disregard for geography in pursuit of the relentless thirst for signings
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024