Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gavin Ward … discuss 21:29 - Aug 24 with 9775 viewsdachiltern

Because words fail me!
Gavin Ward … discuss on 21:32 - Aug 24 with 6487 viewsLanhoop

He’s rubbish.
He didn’t make any major mistakes today.
I suspect that’s as good as he gets.
Gavin Ward … discuss on 21:36 - Aug 24 with 6428 viewsqpr_1968

perhaps he read digswells thread...

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Gavin Ward … discuss on 23:12 - Aug 24 with 6020 viewsToast_R

He's basically what VAR was invented for.
Gavin Ward … discuss on 23:41 - Aug 24 with 5929 viewsbaz_qpr

Got all the big calls right in my opinion, actually stepped in front of Paal to give the red card before Paal threw a punch. Yes got some stuff wrong and has an annoying manner called a few to early and let a few go that he should not have done (but went back and booked one of theirs rightly)
Gavin Ward … discuss on 23:50 - Aug 24 with 5874 viewscharmr

Tough game to referee inmo. Did ok. Clarke salter giving away a foul on 85mins when we’re trying to score and pulling a shirt in the box was the bigger issue.
Gavin Ward … discuss on 00:33 - Aug 25 with 5740 viewsBoston

I thought Ward did ok.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Gavin Ward … discuss on 00:41 - Aug 25 with 5725 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Gavin Ward … discuss on 23:50 - Aug 24 by charmr

Tough game to referee inmo. Did ok. Clarke salter giving away a foul on 85mins when we’re trying to score and pulling a shirt in the box was the bigger issue.

Second yellow there or straight red for JCS we got lucky IMO but some poster said rule change involving both players shirt pulling play on.
I thought Frey should have got a PK and there was 1 or 2 handball claims we got denied on.
Plymouth looked dirty and Edwards a total fcuking tool
Gavin Ward … discuss on 08:48 - Aug 25 with 5242 views100percent

I thought it was probably the best performance he's had at one of our games. He let it flow in parts and wasn't having any of the theatrics from their players and especially their captain.
By no means perfect, but a big improvement on his normal performance....
Login to get fewer ads

Gavin Ward … discuss on 09:43 - Aug 25 with 4999 viewsMedwayR

I thought he was decent, I can’t recall any errors and didn’t notice him too much which is always a good sign.

Poll: Who’s better?

Gavin Ward … discuss on 09:44 - Aug 25 with 4983 viewsthehat

Maybe it was just me but I thought the Ref had a good game yesterday.
Gavin Ward … discuss on 09:51 - Aug 25 with 4950 viewsMrSheen

Not perfect, but above average. He has the high tolerance for wrestling of most Championship refs, but he didn’t fall for diving. I didn’t get a good view of the penalty claims at either end, but consistent at least. Good with advantage, the most I’d have faulted him for was not giving Paal a yellow for stopping a break in the first half. I can imagine that riling the Plymouth fans but most of their problems were caused by their players kicking lumps out of ours.
Gavin Ward … discuss on 09:51 - Aug 25 with 4950 viewsLblock

The things that really rankled me on him yesterday were

1. The added time in second half - farcically low

2. Booking Varane who was basically doing the refs job of ushering their second red card off of the pitch

3. His ginger lino in front of Ellerslie - by Christ he was shite

4. Little Gavin’s overall attitude and lack of stature meaning it was a game always on the edge of him losing control of it

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Gavin Ward … discuss on 10:01 - Aug 25 with 4905 viewsWatford_Ranger

It’s not a coincidence his matches so regularly become chaotic. At any level you respect certain referees and there are others you know you can take the piss. Loves making a big show of telling players to hurry up then waits until the final minute to demonstrate how tough he is on time wasting. Just a ludicrous cuck of a man who inexplicably still gets matches at this level.
Gavin Ward … discuss on 10:43 - Aug 25 with 4774 viewslassel

Tbh I came away thinking that by his standards it wasn’t actually that bad of a performance…

Yes he’s annoyingly petty about little bit and pieces and he always feels like his matches are one innocuous tackle away from carnage but he was ‘strong’ enough to send Fordham off after 20 minutes, got the Issaya red card right and actually managed to stop that escalating, didnt fall for any of Smyth’s embarrassing starfish nonsense and actually let Frey and Celar mix it up a bit.

6.5/10 for me.
Gavin Ward … discuss on 10:57 - Aug 25 with 4697 viewswestberksr

4 minutes stoppage time was comically low; 7 or 8 would have been a fairer reflection.

the linesman in font of Ellerslie was absolutely useless and did not 'assist' the ref whatsoever.

but the couple of big decisions he got right; which is more than can be said for a lot of refs. Although I thought it was on the verge of really kicking off a few times as he lacks any presence or authority
Gavin Ward … discuss on 11:08 - Aug 25 with 4565 viewsBlackCrowe

I thought he was pretty hopeless...yes he got the big calls right but they weren't 50/50 at all. It was the other stuff, where he just seems to guess what might've happened. As said elsewhere, it takes a certain type of hopeless to have both sets of fans exasperated at your performance.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Gavin Ward … discuss on 11:10 - Aug 25 with 4528 viewsdaveB

he was standard championship ref but he got the big decision's right, both were red cards and I didn't think the JCS one was a penalty for them, both pulling each others shirts

Of course could have been a lot more injury time but he played almost 6 in the end and it's not his fault we didn't take our chances
Gavin Ward … discuss on 11:35 - Aug 25 with 4416 viewsessextaxiboy

Over on Plymouths message board they are convinced he was a homer .
Gavin Ward … discuss on 11:39 - Aug 25 with 4375 viewsNorthantsHoop

Seen him quite a few times refereeing our matches, thought on balance got it right yesterday with both sending offs and the bookings he gave out. The frustration was more about how we went passive and into our shell again after the early goal, something that Marti needs to work on. Let's face it Hazard the Plymouth keeper made some exceptional saves to keep them in it. In my opinion he was man of the match.
Gavin Ward … discuss on 15:03 - Aug 25 with 3855 viewsNorthernr

I don't think I've ever been to a game where QPR got every 50/50 decision.

Forshaw can't have any complaints with his two bookings, dumb from him. But for the first one he played "advantage" to us when Plymouth had the ball back. two minutes later Whittaker got away from Paal on the other side, got pulled back, exactly the same, and Paal got a warning. Good for us, but you cannot be that inconsistent - same decision within a few minutes of each other and you give a card for one and not the other.

He also, five before half time, went to book the wrong black guy with dreadlocks. Gyabi committed the foul, Cissoko was nowhere near it. The players had to go together and tell him what he was about to do. That's... unfortunate.

I think it's a penalty to them near the end as well. JCS is the wrong side of his man, knows it, grabs his shirt down by his stomach and yanks him back, at which point he reaches over and pulls him back. Ward thought it was a penalty too, went to put the whistle in his mouth and then allowed himself to be overruled by the linesman, but Ward's 6-7 yards away looking right at it and the lino is over the other side looking through a crowd.

4 minutes added to that second half was hilarious.
Gavin Ward … discuss on 15:07 - Aug 25 with 3795 viewsdaveB

Gavin Ward … discuss on 15:03 - Aug 25 by Northernr

Forshaw can't have any complaints with his two bookings, dumb from him. But for the first one he played "advantage" to us when Plymouth had the ball back. two minutes later Whittaker got away from Paal on the other side, got pulled back, exactly the same, and Paal got a warning. Good for us, but you cannot be that inconsistent - same decision within a few minutes of each other and you give a card for one and not the other.

He also, five before half time, went to book the wrong black guy with dreadlocks. Gyabi committed the foul, Cissoko was nowhere near it. The players had to go together and tell him what he was about to do. That's... unfortunate.

I think it's a penalty to them near the end as well. JCS is the wrong side of his man, knows it, grabs his shirt down by his stomach and yanks him back, at which point he reaches over and pulls him back. Ward thought it was a penalty too, went to put the whistle in his mouth and then allowed himself to be overruled by the linesman, but Ward's 6-7 yards away looking right at it and the lino is over the other side looking through a crowd.

they said on tv after ( I was sad enough to re watch it last night) that refs are told if both players are pulling shirts then it's not a penalty or a foul the other way which was the case with that one, they got it right mainly as the lino could see their guy had hold of JCS shirt which Gavin Ward wouldn't have seen from his angle
Gavin Ward … discuss on 15:08 - Aug 25 with 3771 viewsGus_iom

Gavin Ward … discuss on 15:03 - Aug 25 by Northernr

I don't think it was Forshaw's first foul of that kind.
Gavin Ward … discuss on 15:09 - Aug 25 with 3758 viewsNorthernr

Gavin Ward … discuss on 15:07 - Aug 25 by daveB

they said on tv after ( I was sad enough to re watch it last night) that refs are told if both players are pulling shirts then it's not a penalty or a foul the other way which was the case with that one, they got it right mainly as the lino could see their guy had hold of JCS shirt which Gavin Ward wouldn't have seen from his angle

I think JCS went first, and did so because he was wrong side, clear advantage gained illegally. I'd have been screaming for it.
Gavin Ward … discuss on 15:10 - Aug 25 with 3746 viewsfrancisbowles

Foreshaw might have got away without the first yellow, like Pal, if he had only one go at Dembele but he had three! Ward should really have blown the whistle and given us a free kick, as after being affected by the fouls the ball forward was a bit wayward.
Gavin Ward … discuss on 15:13 - Aug 25 with 3710 viewsNorthernr

Gavin Ward … discuss on 15:10 - Aug 25 by francisbowles

Foreshaw might have got away without the first yellow, like Pal, if he had only one go at Dembele but he had three! Ward should really have blown the whistle and given us a free kick, as after being affected by the fouls the ball forward was a bit wayward.

But he's got no feel for the game he referees at all, so he thinks that's somehow our advantage.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024