Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 15:33 - Aug 24 with 17626 viewsBlackCrowe

Definitely entertaining and frustrating in equal measure.
Thought Dembele looks a real find. Saito wasn't on the pace today. Frey was excellent - superb energy levels. Celar fairly anonymous again and should've scored.
Their keeper kept them in the game but our strikers just don't attack the crosses in enough.
Think we've got the making of a very exciting team though.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 15:35 - Aug 24 with 9976 viewsBlackCrowe

Oh and the ref was just utterly shocking for both sides...just guessing the whole time.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 15:51 - Aug 24 with 9656 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Love these just back threads its the best way for us tv watchers to get a feel like being there and its fresh and passionate IMO.
We should have won 5-1 or 2 if they got that penalty late but like you said BlackCrowe that ref had no clue most of the time and his assistants did not help out much.
Frey had his shorts/shirt and ball sack pulled off him and we got nothing .
It was right in front of Clive and the home fans I await his view eagerly .
Saito probably should have been saved until later he died early .
Celar should have scored 3 I think he will get on it soon he has a good instinct .
Very exciting team right now real end to end stuff we will win a lot of games just not today
Just back on 16:09 - Aug 24 with 9416 viewsDWQPR

Agreed we totally dominated the second half but after we scored for some reason we decided that we wanted to emulate Southgate’s England and the chief culprits for me was JCS and Field. Both were shockingly poor today in my view. We have been told that the manager wants a high energy press but we aren’t getting that at all, Plymouth we’re playing through us at will until their first sending off. We need to put teams like Plymouth away with something to spare and had they finished the match with 11 I suspect that we could have been looking at a defeat. Agree, our forwards don’t take a gamble to try and get in front of their man in front of goal, too many times the ball went across the face without anyone attacking it. MOTM for me was Dunne. Was superb defending and gosling forward.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just back on 16:56 - Aug 24 with 9000 viewsPaddyhoops

Dodged a bullet with that penalty shout . Nailed on .
Jimmy Dunne outstanding today .
Another day we could have had 5 .
Just back on 17:00 - Aug 24 with 8927 viewsBoston

Just back on 15:51 - Aug 24 by CLAREMAN1995

Love these just back threads its the best way for us tv watchers to get a feel like being there and its fresh and passionate IMO.
We should have won 5-1 or 2 if they got that penalty late but like you said BlackCrowe that ref had no clue most of the time and his assistants did not help out much.
Frey had his shorts/shirt and ball sack pulled off him and we got nothing .
It was right in front of Clive and the home fans I await his view eagerly .
Saito probably should have been saved until later he died early .
Celar should have scored 3 I think he will get on it soon he has a good instinct .
Very exciting team right now real end to end stuff we will win a lot of games just not today

Their penalty claim - if you get the chance to see a rewind, both players are pulling the shirts off each other.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Just back on 17:05 - Aug 24 with 8861 viewsHunterhoop

Just back on 16:09 - Aug 24 by DWQPR

Agreed we totally dominated the second half but after we scored for some reason we decided that we wanted to emulate Southgate’s England and the chief culprits for me was JCS and Field. Both were shockingly poor today in my view. We have been told that the manager wants a high energy press but we aren’t getting that at all, Plymouth we’re playing through us at will until their first sending off. We need to put teams like Plymouth away with something to spare and had they finished the match with 11 I suspect that we could have been looking at a defeat. Agree, our forwards don’t take a gamble to try and get in front of their man in front of goal, too many times the ball went across the face without anyone attacking it. MOTM for me was Dunne. Was superb defending and gosling forward.

I find this post mad. Field was outstandingly good today. Had a neutral with me. He had him MotM.
Just back on 17:09 - Aug 24 with 8733 viewsgazza1

I thought we did 'fine' today except when it came to scoring.....we had lots of chances to score.

Player wise, I thought overall many of them did pretty decent.

Disappointed with the score line, for sure, but reasonably happy with the performance of the team and the players in general. We need to be a little patient.
Just back on 17:12 - Aug 24 with 8693 viewsNorthantsHoop

Just back myself, main problem went all passive after we scored just as we did against West Brom and let Plymouth get hold of the game for their equaliser. Let's face it their keeper kept them in it second half but it was frustrating very similar to last seasons game at home when Plymouth went down to 10 men early on and held for a draw, almost a carbon copy of a game.
Positives, Dunne, Dembele and Frey. On the negative side Celar still looks well off it and missed a couple of chances he should have buried. Like Frey's work rate he should remain as centre forward for the time being.
Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 17:13 - Aug 24 with 8683 viewsLanhoop

Just back on 17:05 - Aug 24 by Hunterhoop

I find this post mad. Field was outstandingly good today. Had a neutral with me. He had him MotM.

Yeah, agreed. Second half Field was first class.
Just back on 17:19 - Aug 24 with 8550 viewsLazyFan

Just back on 17:00 - Aug 24 by Boston

Their penalty claim - if you get the chance to see a rewind, both players are pulling the shirts off each other.

This.

The ref is about to give it when the linesman (I still call them that) told him the Plymouth player started it, which is how he got ahead of JCS and which is why JCS pulled him back.

If they want that as a pen, can we have the free-kick before it, which means ... it's not a Pen.

zzzzzzzzzz

Just back on 17:53 - Aug 24 with 8170 viewsLazyFan

Nardi 5:
He should have saved that goal. Yes, it was in the corner, but it was way out. He needs to wise up that in the Champ, they will have a go from anywhere. Bit slow on the pass out from the back.

Dunne 6:
Decent against their winger Cissoko, who was also decent himself.

Cook 6:
Decent performance against Hardie who does very tricky runs and is very slippery.

JCS 5:
A bit poor really. Got turned a few times even before his yellow. Although, unlike Colback, his yellow was a proper tactical foul, so I quite like that yellow. Also was out of position a few time when the oppo did through balls which Hardie almost got through on with a better ball he would have done. His poor performance made it hard for the rest of the defence to settle.

Paal 6:
Better than recent games, was tougher in the tackle. Also, when they went down to ten came inside (probably on Martis orders) to push up which was effective.

Field 6:
It was a decent enough performance, but he was at fault for the goal. Tackled well, positions were good. Helped protect the defence as JCS was out of sorts.

Madsen 6:
Decent start, simple balls through and the oppo found it hard to get it off him. However, he does not help Field out in the tackle enough and so we can be vulnerable to counters. Dropped in the deep end so, he could improve and then we shall have a very good player.

Smyth 6:
Played well, but no final end product. Pushed Mumba back as usually he's a danger man for Plymouth. Needs to link up with Dembele more, if they can get over the right side and link up properly, teams will be in trouble.

Dembele 7:
Our MoM, great skill, really frightened the oppo and keeps the ball well. Crossing was excellent and he got another assist. If he starts scoring we can start singing "Dembele's too good for you, Dembele's too good for you". Now where have we heard that before?
Faded in the second half when the oppo dropped deep.

Saito 4:
Oh dear, really bad. Started off well and then gave the ball away too many times. He did not protect Paal either, lucky Paal had a decent game.
Saito could not hold onto the ball at all. Hooked at half-time. I have a feeling that he might not be at the same level as Dembele. After this performance I would not let Kolli go on loan as we shall need him if Chair is not around.

Frey 5:
He scored, and he played well. He goes into the correct positions and most of the time retains the ball (not always).
But why only 5? Well, he's too slow. You can see it in the press, Dykes who is not exactly fast, will press the ball and sometimes nick it off them. But Frey is so slow, he's nowhere close to getting the ball off them. So, you will see him charge them down as he should, making the correct play, but he will never get there in time to actually win it even if the oppo make a mistake. He has the skill, he's just too slow and therefore, unless it's a corner whereby pace is not needed and the oppo makes a mistake, he won't really threaten to score. This lack of pace also means he cannot keep up with Smyth and Dembele when they race down the wings, which is why they cannot find him, have to pull it back and then cross it. By which time the oppo defence have reset. If he could somehow become note 1 but 2 yards faster, then he would score loads, but that's why he plays at QPR; he's slow.

Subs:
Varane 5:
Good positions and can use the ball, but I see what people have said about the tackle or 50/50 ball. He shirks it. This is worrying as its done by design, he needs to put his foot in. This was the game to do it. You are on as a sub against 10 men, put your foot in. After 2 tackles if you get a yellow, fair enough, then take less risks. But he played like he was on a yellow and his last ref warning. No bottle.

Celar 5:
Hes not up to speed and also he's not a hold up player. He is a breakaway striker. Find him in the box and he will slip it in. Snatched at his chances today, hopefully he will get better. But the rest of the team will still have to work it to him.

Kholli 6:
Came on and started to take command of the left-hand side. Wanted the ball and wanted to play it forward. But was in too late to make an impact.

I am only guessing, but in the cup, I suspect Marti will play Celar (for Frey) and Saito, which means in the league he will start Kholli. Varane will also come in for Field. EBD will come in for Dembele.

We need Chair back with a good back as he needs to start carrying us on his back again.
A Chair back is better no back.

zzzzzzzzzz

Just back on 18:01 - Aug 24 with 8045 viewsWestonsuperR

Just back on 17:00 - Aug 24 by Boston

Agreed. One of the replay’s clearly showed both players pulling shirts, no pen.
Just back on 18:04 - Aug 24 with 8014 viewsGloucs_R

Just back... First time I've been with my boys for a long time.

Thought Marti got the second half tactics wrong. We were too slow at moving the ball and Saito showed glimpses of what he's about. I thought he was taken off too soon. Not saying he was great in the first half but you can see in can unlock a defence... Which is what we need.

Instead we went a bit direct a bit early.

Dunne, my youngest favourite player now.

Dembele will be our next start and sold for a lot of money.

JCS frustrated the hell out of me. Constantly slowing things down.

Madsen did a few nice things and a few wrong things. Didn't really stand out.

Smyth should have scored, how many times has that be said.

Left side looked weak.

Got to remember, this is a newly put together team. Give them 10 games.
[Post edited 24 Aug 18:06]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Just back on 18:09 - Aug 24 with 7829 viewsWestonsuperR

Just back on 18:04 - Aug 24 by Gloucs_R

Just back... First time I've been with my boys for a long time.

Thought Marti got the second half tactics wrong. We were too slow at moving the ball and Saito showed glimpses of what he's about. I thought he was taken off too soon. Not saying he was great in the first half but you can see in can unlock a defence... Which is what we need.

Instead we went a bit direct a bit early.

Dunne, my youngest favourite player now.

Dembele will be our next start and sold for a lot of money.

JCS frustrated the hell out of me. Constantly slowing things down.

Madsen did a few nice things and a few wrong things. Didn't really stand out.

Smyth should have scored, how many times has that be said.

Left side looked weak.

Got to remember, this is a newly put together team. Give them 10 games.
[Post edited 24 Aug 18:06]

Not sure we can aim any criticism at Marti for a second half during which we completely dominated and created numerous chances, only thing we couldn’t do is put the ball in the net.
Just back on 18:18 - Aug 24 with 7724 viewsHunterhoop

Just back on 17:53 - Aug 24 by LazyFan

Nardi 5:
He should have saved that goal. Yes, it was in the corner, but it was way out. He needs to wise up that in the Champ, they will have a go from anywhere. Bit slow on the pass out from the back.

Dunne 6:
Decent against their winger Cissoko, who was also decent himself.

Cook 6:
Decent performance against Hardie who does very tricky runs and is very slippery.

JCS 5:
A bit poor really. Got turned a few times even before his yellow. Although, unlike Colback, his yellow was a proper tactical foul, so I quite like that yellow. Also was out of position a few time when the oppo did through balls which Hardie almost got through on with a better ball he would have done. His poor performance made it hard for the rest of the defence to settle.

Paal 6:
Better than recent games, was tougher in the tackle. Also, when they went down to ten came inside (probably on Martis orders) to push up which was effective.

Field 6:
It was a decent enough performance, but he was at fault for the goal. Tackled well, positions were good. Helped protect the defence as JCS was out of sorts.

Madsen 6:
Decent start, simple balls through and the oppo found it hard to get it off him. However, he does not help Field out in the tackle enough and so we can be vulnerable to counters. Dropped in the deep end so, he could improve and then we shall have a very good player.

Smyth 6:
Played well, but no final end product. Pushed Mumba back as usually he's a danger man for Plymouth. Needs to link up with Dembele more, if they can get over the right side and link up properly, teams will be in trouble.

Dembele 7:
Our MoM, great skill, really frightened the oppo and keeps the ball well. Crossing was excellent and he got another assist. If he starts scoring we can start singing "Dembele's too good for you, Dembele's too good for you". Now where have we heard that before?
Faded in the second half when the oppo dropped deep.

Saito 4:
Oh dear, really bad. Started off well and then gave the ball away too many times. He did not protect Paal either, lucky Paal had a decent game.
Saito could not hold onto the ball at all. Hooked at half-time. I have a feeling that he might not be at the same level as Dembele. After this performance I would not let Kolli go on loan as we shall need him if Chair is not around.

Frey 5:
He scored, and he played well. He goes into the correct positions and most of the time retains the ball (not always).
But why only 5? Well, he's too slow. You can see it in the press, Dykes who is not exactly fast, will press the ball and sometimes nick it off them. But Frey is so slow, he's nowhere close to getting the ball off them. So, you will see him charge them down as he should, making the correct play, but he will never get there in time to actually win it even if the oppo make a mistake. He has the skill, he's just too slow and therefore, unless it's a corner whereby pace is not needed and the oppo makes a mistake, he won't really threaten to score. This lack of pace also means he cannot keep up with Smyth and Dembele when they race down the wings, which is why they cannot find him, have to pull it back and then cross it. By which time the oppo defence have reset. If he could somehow become note 1 but 2 yards faster, then he would score loads, but that's why he plays at QPR; he's slow.

Subs:
Varane 5:
Good positions and can use the ball, but I see what people have said about the tackle or 50/50 ball. He shirks it. This is worrying as its done by design, he needs to put his foot in. This was the game to do it. You are on as a sub against 10 men, put your foot in. After 2 tackles if you get a yellow, fair enough, then take less risks. But he played like he was on a yellow and his last ref warning. No bottle.

Celar 5:
Hes not up to speed and also he's not a hold up player. He is a breakaway striker. Find him in the box and he will slip it in. Snatched at his chances today, hopefully he will get better. But the rest of the team will still have to work it to him.

Kholli 6:
Came on and started to take command of the left-hand side. Wanted the ball and wanted to play it forward. But was in too late to make an impact.

I am only guessing, but in the cup, I suspect Marti will play Celar (for Frey) and Saito, which means in the league he will start Kholli. Varane will also come in for Field. EBD will come in for Dembele.

We need Chair back with a good back as he needs to start carrying us on his back again.
A Chair back is better no back.

How you could grade Field and Madsen the same is beyond me. One was off the pace the entire game and played some wayward passes.

The other was everywhere winning tackles, making blocks, and the one spreading the ball forward and wide when we attacked. 8 and 5 would be more appropriate. People hugely undervalue what Field does when the oppo have it.
Just back on 18:19 - Aug 24 with 7665 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Just back on 17:09 - Aug 24 by gazza1

I thought we did 'fine' today except when it came to scoring.....we had lots of chances to score.

Player wise, I thought overall many of them did pretty decent.

Disappointed with the score line, for sure, but reasonably happy with the performance of the team and the players in general. We need to be a little patient.

Hmm, that inability to score is a bugger though!

Oh well, unbeaten in three and it seems from reading y'all, that there's some semblance of cohesion happening, and we've got plenty time to sign more players, too!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Just back on 18:23 - Aug 24 with 7585 viewsGloucs_R

Just back on 18:09 - Aug 24 by WestonsuperR

Not sure we can aim any criticism at Marti for a second half during which we completely dominated and created numerous chances, only thing we couldn’t do is put the ball in the net.

Personal opinion rather than criticism.

But I manage U12s not a championship team 😁

Poll: Are we staying up?

Just back on 18:24 - Aug 24 with 7568 viewsLazyFan

Just back on 18:18 - Aug 24 by Hunterhoop

How you could grade Field and Madsen the same is beyond me. One was off the pace the entire game and played some wayward passes.

The other was everywhere winning tackles, making blocks, and the one spreading the ball forward and wide when we attacked. 8 and 5 would be more appropriate. People hugely undervalue what Field does when the oppo have it.

They were not exactly great scores and Field was impressive in the tackle but when they were down to 10 men did little to press that home. Also, I mentioned that Field did a lot of cover for JCS he was poor today.

Madsen was neither exactly better nor worse. Remember, he was dropped in the deep end. I would have started EDB in that game, as it needed a faster press. Madsen however did link well when they found him with the ball and I noticed that he will spray the ball forward more, which could be useful. Also, he was useful in their box when they were defending for their lives.

zzzzzzzzzz

Just back on 18:24 - Aug 24 with 7567 viewsNed_Kennedys

Well he rated Frey only 5 despite a very good performance and though Kolli had a better match as rated 6 so I’d take all of it with a large pinch of salt.
I also though Field had a good game.
Just back on 18:37 - Aug 24 with 7336 viewsHunterhoop

Just back on 18:24 - Aug 24 by Ned_Kennedys

Well he rated Frey only 5 despite a very good performance and though Kolli had a better match as rated 6 so I’d take all of it with a large pinch of salt.
I also though Field had a good game.

Quite.

I thought Frey was very good. Scored. Led the line well. Held it up and makes some good runs.

On that point, I do think he might be the better player than Celar. He bends his runs far better than Celar. Celar’s runs on recent evidence are vertical. That requires sh*t defending or a great pass. Frey is slower but times and bends his runs better. Perhaps Celar is still getting up to speed. But Frey’s first game against Norwich last year you saw an (unfit) natural striker make two great beat post runs ahead of match fit centre halves and score one and graze the post on the other. He’s now fitter. He’s scored 2 in 4. I’m confident he’ll score goals.
Just back on 18:43 - Aug 24 with 7240 viewsenfieldargh

Dont think yo can fault Nardi for not saving that rocket shot which clipped off Field's boot.

Thought Field was superb.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Just back on 18:44 - Aug 24 with 7231 views1JD

One of those games where we just couldn’t put the ball in the net. Very frustrating. Of the new boys; Dembele looks top class, Saito tried but not a lot came off, Madsen largely anonymous save for a few nice touches here and there. A bit concerning that he didn’t look like he is able / willing to help the team play out through CM - didn’t make himself available or demand the ball of the CBs once. Hope he’s not another colback and Field (who was excellent) in that sense as it’s a chronic CM problem
Just back on 18:51 - Aug 24 with 7112 viewsWatford_Ranger

I have theory that if Sam Field and Paul Smyth had more exotic names they’d be rated far more. Something swazzy like ‘Andre Dozzell’ and you’re a “baller” for 10% of the output.
Just back on 18:57 - Aug 24 with 6968 viewsSpaceman_P

I also like these "just back" posts considering I am in Spain.

Just came back from Sporting Gijon without Varane absolutely shocking 0 - 0 draw here... only good thing is the ham rolls they have at half-time.

Miss going to QPR though....now with a baby doubt my two visits each year will stop, so these kind of posts, really help the ex-pats out.
Just back on 19:25 - Aug 24 with 6640 viewsLogman

Just back on 17:05 - Aug 24 by Hunterhoop

Yep, I agree Field was good. A shout out also for Paul Smyth. Really worked hard, possibly in the knowledge that his starting place is under pressure. Glad Marti kept him on. Kept producing on the right all game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024