Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly 14:37 - Aug 2 with 12311 viewsModeratorC

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 15:41 - Aug 3 with 1836 viewsdna

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 14:34 - Aug 3 by grabsplatter

Ginelly, Allen, Parker & Ronald all injured I presume

Govea ??
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 15:44 - Aug 3 with 1788 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 15:33 - Aug 3 by onehunglow

I’m in Israel HTF is that not one of the countries I can view from

Hezzballah .....blocking streams to Israel.....1-0 to the Swans

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 15:45 - Aug 3 with 1788 viewsAnotherJohn

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 15:33 - Aug 3 by onehunglow

I’m in Israel HTF is that not one of the countries I can view from

Not a very dynamic game. Eom created a goal for Fulton, but the desired pace isn't much in evidence, and most o four moves are breaking down before we get into the box. Rio are not offering much going forward. I don't think our new keeper has had a save to make. He did have a nice little body swerve that deceived an attacker when he cleared the ball.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 15:46 - Aug 3 with 1770 viewsAnotherJohn

HT 1-0.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 15:56 - Aug 3 with 1667 viewsAnotherJohn

Not much in the way of highlights to report. The Rio keeper tried to be clever with some fancy footwork and ran the ball along his line, skimming the post before conceding a corner. Darling had a weak shot from about 30 yards that was easily held. We put in a couple of reasonable aerial crosses but there were no takers.

As I type, our new striker (ZV) is introduced to the crowd, wearing the No 9 shirt.
[Post edited 3 Aug 15:57]
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 15:56 - Aug 3 with 1660 viewsRichardO

They have got the ball down our left a number of times because Tymon and Grimes are not in positions to preform a press in the midfield and on the left side, Franco has come over to the left and is closing down much better but Tymon needs to get a bit tighter because he is chasing shadows at times. Grimes needs to make a decision does he push on and press and help the forward line press otherwise they are wasting their time.
Eom looks very good he swapped with Abdulai moving onto the right and he looks a handful similar to Ronald and like Placheta last year but with a better skill level, Key and him are linking well together along with Fulton. Hence Fulton's goal.
[Post edited 3 Aug 16:04]
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:01 - Aug 3 with 1618 viewsTreforys_Jack

Another season and Fulton and Grimes paired together !!! Franco and Eom look a step up I'm class to be fair. Think it's a good workout to be fair. Not sure on the keeper tbh, I'm the other end of the ground but he didn't look like he came for a few crosses and corners, maybe I'm being overly harsh.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:03 - Aug 3 with 1595 viewsAnotherJohn

Same 11 start the 2nd half for the Swans.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:05 - Aug 3 with 1573 viewsAnotherJohn

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:01 - Aug 3 by Treforys_Jack

Another season and Fulton and Grimes paired together !!! Franco and Eom look a step up I'm class to be fair. Think it's a good workout to be fair. Not sure on the keeper tbh, I'm the other end of the ground but he didn't look like he came for a few crosses and corners, maybe I'm being overly harsh.

Keeper (LV) just made a decent save low to his left.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:11 - Aug 3 with 1496 viewsRichardO

Usual nonesense and mistake they hit the post should have scored
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:11 - Aug 3 with 1489 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 15:56 - Aug 3 by RichardO

They have got the ball down our left a number of times because Tymon and Grimes are not in positions to preform a press in the midfield and on the left side, Franco has come over to the left and is closing down much better but Tymon needs to get a bit tighter because he is chasing shadows at times. Grimes needs to make a decision does he push on and press and help the forward line press otherwise they are wasting their time.
Eom looks very good he swapped with Abdulai moving onto the right and he looks a handful similar to Ronald and like Placheta last year but with a better skill level, Key and him are linking well together along with Fulton. Hence Fulton's goal.
[Post edited 3 Aug 16:04]

Why is grimes playing as a CH

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:12 - Aug 3 with 1484 viewsAnotherJohn

Defensive cock-up and Rio come close with shot rebounding from our post.

Attendance reported as 5439.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:13 - Aug 3 with 1474 viewsRichardO

And again
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:14 - Aug 3 with 1454 viewsAnotherJohn

Coming under the cosh a bit - another good Rio chance sails over our crossbar.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:14 - Aug 3 with 1446 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:12 - Aug 3 by AnotherJohn

Defensive cock-up and Rio come close with shot rebounding from our post.

Attendance reported as 5439.

Why is Grimrs playing CH
It's the root cause of our troubles hope this goalie isn't told to faff about

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:17 - Aug 3 with 1412 viewscadleigh

Groundhog Day. Endless passing between midfield and defence until the 'keeper is closed down and makes an error. Very lucky not to be 2-1 down.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:19 - Aug 3 with 1374 viewsTreforys_Jack

Gone to crap second half , especially at the back.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:21 - Aug 3 with 1354 viewsAnotherJohn

3 Rio subs. Too lazy to list them.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:21 - Aug 3 with 1353 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:14 - Aug 3 by onehunglow

Why is Grimrs playing CH
It's the root cause of our troubles hope this goalie isn't told to faff about

Passing free kick backwards to ensure he ends up in his preferred position.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:23 - Aug 3 with 1328 viewsAnotherJohn

Naughton for Key. Cooper for Franco. Trialist RP comes on for Eom.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:24 - Aug 3 with 1315 viewshobo

Ruben Providence is the trialist
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:28 - Aug 3 with 1258 viewsAnotherJohn

Bit of pushing and shoving in area and ref calms things down.
[Post edited 3 Aug 16:29]
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:31 - Aug 3 with 1194 viewsAnotherJohn

RP beats a man in the area and puts in a low shot. which is saved at near post. Pressure mounts and from another cross Naughton taps in.
[Post edited 3 Aug 16:32]
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:32 - Aug 3 with 1184 viewshobo

Great pass by Grimes to get that move started
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 16:33 - Aug 3 with 1158 viewsRichardO

Got in behind beating their press two men attacking 6 yard box chaos ensues and Naughton comes in behind them and reaps the benefit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024