Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WTF is a head of methodology? 10:14 - Jul 22 with 7302 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Apparently, we now have one!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

WTF is a head of methodology? on 10:20 - Jul 22 with 4420 viewsJuzzie

It's either something to do with ancient Greece or drugs, maybe both.
WTF is a head of methodology? on 10:29 - Jul 22 with 4365 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I think it is someone who coaches the coaches, to ensure they are following the football style the club wants. I assume its from academy to first team.
WTF is a head of methodology? on 10:30 - Jul 22 with 4365 viewsaston_hoop

?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

WTF is a head of methodology? on 10:43 - Jul 22 with 4248 viewsozexile

I would imagine this is the director of football role without the pressure of the director of football role. If you get me.
WTF is a head of methodology? on 10:44 - Jul 22 with 4239 viewsderbyhoop

Feels like Chris Ramsey's old job.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

WTF is a head of methodology? on 10:53 - Jul 22 with 4163 viewsPlanetHonneywood

So it might be Ramsey's job or it might be Les' job, but it's definitely a HoM role.

WTF is a head of methodology? on 11:31 - Jul 22 with 3987 viewsQuillPenRiot

It even sounds great backwards, Methodology of Head
WTF is a head of methodology? on 11:38 - Jul 22 with 3937 viewsconnell10

I thought at first it was something to do with the church.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

WTF is a head of methodology? on 11:39 - Jul 22 with 3940 viewsrichranger

It sounds like we have a plan - and aim to stick to it!
WTF is a head of methodology? on 11:44 - Jul 22 with 3906 viewsPlanetHonneywood

WTF is a head of methodology? on 11:31 - Jul 22 by QuillPenRiot

WTF is a head of methodology? on 12:17 - Jul 22 with 3733 viewsCiderwithRsie

Many, many years ago at work we were doing a project and I was put in charge of methodology for it (not that I asked to be), at which point I realised that I had no idea what it meant.

I did find out, but I've now forgotten. It's a great joy not to need to know that sort of thing.
WTF is a head of methodology? on 12:23 - Jul 22 with 3684 viewsDavieQPR

Who cares as long as it's an -ology.
WTF is a head of methodology? on 12:41 - Jul 22 with 3574 viewsPdog

I just hope this means we can now finally streamline our processes and foster a collaborative environment that drives innovative solutions across the workforce.
WTF is a head of methodology? on 12:43 - Jul 22 with 3557 viewsLogman

Does it really need a role to be created for someone to administer how we play ?

I would have thought this would have been better achieved by having all the team coaches sat around a table once a week to talk about their experiences with it

Sounds like a waste of money to me
[Post edited 22 Jul 12:43]
WTF is a head of methodology? on 12:49 - Jul 22 with 3508 viewspeterlund_dk

WTF is a head of methodology? on 12:41 - Jul 22 by Pdog

I just hope this means we can now finally streamline our processes and foster a collaborative environment that drives innovative solutions across the workforce.

It clearly marks the latest step in delivering on the ambition to establish the necessary infrastructure around a club-led game model which has underpinned all the recent football strategy decisions.
WTF is a head of methodology? on 12:49 - Jul 22 with 3501 viewsHoopstar

It seems pretty clear that one of Nourry's big findings in his year long audit of all areas of the club was that different areas of the club simply were not talking to each other. There seemed to be frequent reports of arguments between Warburton, Ramsey and others involved at various levels of the club.

Imagine this role makes sense as being entirely focused on ensuring everyone is singing from the same Methodology hymn sheet - and having worked in many an organisation where there was precious little communication and lots of friction between different department I am all for it.
WTF is a head of methodology? on 12:53 - Jul 22 with 3462 viewssprocket

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-bring-in-former-brentford-man-as-ramseys
WTF is a head of methodology? on 13:00 - Jul 22 with 3386 viewsdannyblue

WTF is a head of methodology? on 11:31 - Jul 22 by QuillPenRiot

Hawk tuah
WTF is a head of methodology? on 13:01 - Jul 22 with 3381 viewsngbqpr

WTF is a head of methodology? on 12:43 - Jul 22 by Logman

Does it really need a role to be created for someone to administer how we play ?

I would have thought this would have been better achieved by having all the team coaches sat around a table once a week to talk about their experiences with it

Sounds like a waste of money to me
[Post edited 22 Jul 12:43]

It's a bit of protection / security for when, eg the first team manager gets sacked, the u16s coach gets poached etc etc - we have a club-wide playing model (an idea Wenger first brought to the English game), and employ new people who fit the model.

Most clubs have quite high turnover with academy coaches (many roles part time / not brilliantly paid), so makes staff changes there less of an issue for players too.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

WTF is a head of methodology? on 13:03 - Jul 22 with 3357 viewsdmm

For years the club has talked about ensuring all QPR teams from the academy up are coached and play in the same way. I assumed we had been doing this.
WTF is a head of methodology? on 13:04 - Jul 22 with 3336 viewsjohnhoop

WTF is a head of methodology? on 12:41 - Jul 22 by Pdog

With some blue sky thinking out of the box.
WTF is a head of methodology? on 13:13 - Jul 22 with 3267 viewsPlanetHonneywood

WTF is a head of methodology? on 12:49 - Jul 22 by peterlund_dk

It clearly marks the latest step in delivering on the ambition to establish the necessary infrastructure around a club-led game model which has underpinned all the recent football strategy decisions.

Nourryspeak at its absolute finest, the bloke's a 'kin ledge at it.

Mrs. Nourry must be subjected to the most analytically driven schmooze to get her knickers off imaginable. Poor lass doesn't stand a chance when he comes back from work with penile arousal on him after a quota exceeding well above the median line type of day, and a few pints in him.

WTF is a head of methodology? on 13:14 - Jul 22 with 3252 viewsLogman

WTF is a head of methodology? on 13:01 - Jul 22 by ngbqpr

It's a bit of protection / security for when, eg the first team manager gets sacked, the u16s coach gets poached etc etc - we have a club-wide playing model (an idea Wenger first brought to the English game), and employ new people who fit the model.

Most clubs have quite high turnover with academy coaches (many roles part time / not brilliantly paid), so makes staff changes there less of an issue for players too.

What happens if the Head of Methodology gets the boot ?
WTF is a head of methodology? on 13:25 - Jul 22 with 3161 viewsPlanetHonneywood

WTF is a head of methodology? on 13:14 - Jul 22 by Logman

What happens if the Head of Methodology gets the boot ?

That'll be the challenge for the soon to be appointed, Head of Crisis Management.

WTF is a head of methodology? on 13:25 - Jul 22 with 3164 viewssimmo

WTF is a head of methodology? on 12:49 - Jul 22 by Hoopstar

It seems pretty clear that one of Nourry's big findings in his year long audit of all areas of the club was that different areas of the club simply were not talking to each other. There seemed to be frequent reports of arguments between Warburton, Ramsey and others involved at various levels of the club.

Imagine this role makes sense as being entirely focused on ensuring everyone is singing from the same Methodology hymn sheet - and having worked in many an organisation where there was precious little communication and lots of friction between different department I am all for it.

Absolutely. It always causes confusion with these kind of ambiguous titles, but from the description it seems his role will be to make sure every area remains aligned to the longer term vision - whether that be play style, culture, progression, etc.

If the training ground is a physical representation of bringing players and staff together, staff like this will be in charge of the theory.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024