Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal 17:13 - Jun 28 with 2449 viewsNYC_Saint

Looks like we won't be getting a new keeper then. I'm surprised we have made this decision but maybe it points to some pragmatism that we can't try and play for 70% possession in the Premier League.
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 18:41 - Jun 28 with 2024 viewsCity_boy

smacks of desperation. He doesn't deserve a 2 year contract.
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 18:56 - Jun 28 with 2000 viewsNYC_Saint

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 18:41 - Jun 28 by City_boy

Also, as a free agent, in theory he could have done quite well wage wise as back up for a big team. The fact he hasn't suggests to me no one else was interested in him.

Sigh.
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 09:46 - Jun 29 with 1830 viewsdirk_doone

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 18:56 - Jun 28 by NYC_Saint

Also, as a free agent, in theory he could have done quite well wage wise as back up for a big team. The fact he hasn't suggests to me no one else was interested in him.

Sigh.

There are so many better goalkeepers out there that it's obvious nobody else would have been desperate enough to take him AND even pay him. BUT, nobody else is stuck with Bazunu.
[Post edited 29 Jun 9:48]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 09:56 - Jun 29 with 1798 views1teeminants

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 09:46 - Jun 29 by dirk_doone

There are so many better goalkeepers out there that it's obvious nobody else would have been desperate enough to take him AND even pay him. BUT, nobody else is stuck with Bazunu.
[Post edited 29 Jun 9:48]

I know he hasn’t been great for us in the past but he had a good season when called upon last time and looked more confident and assured. Things certainly improved when he took over from Bazunu.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 11:26 - Jun 29 with 1771 viewsmushinexile

Yes, I'll go with that. McCarthy was the difference between going up or staying down last season and blindfolded, encased in concrete and buried at sea, he is better than Bazunu. I would like a better keeper but he hasn't been too bad for us. Sell or shoot Gavin to save costs and get somebody in in January if we need one.
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 15:33 - Jun 29 with 1719 viewsMonksway

Matt Turner available from Forest apparently. Would have been a positive signing.
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 16:00 - Jun 29 with 1708 viewssaint22

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 18:41 - Jun 28 by City_boy

Nothing good will come of him being first choice
We need a better keeper
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 21:35 - Jun 29 with 1598 viewsfelly1

Really hoping for a better keeper.
Surely the recruitment team have taken into consideration that Mccarthy spent 90% of last season as the third choice keeper at a 4th placed Championship club.
Also we know his limitations from previous Prem seasons.
We are likely going to struggle and be under the cosh in many games.
A very good keeper could make a huge difference to our points tally by the end of the season.
Such an important position on the pitch for a club like ours..
Seemingly not seen that way by the powers to be.. Strange.
[Post edited 29 Jun 21:40]
Login to get fewer ads

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 06:24 - Jun 30 with 1538 viewsareasix

We are looking at bring in another keeper and I have heard that Kasper Schmeichel is being touted around St Mary’s at present as a possible.
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 09:39 - Jun 30 with 1459 viewsdirk_doone

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 06:24 - Jun 30 by areasix

We are looking at bring in another keeper and I have heard that Kasper Schmeichel is being touted around St Mary’s at present as a possible.

That's very good news.

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 09:42 - Jun 30 with 1449 viewsButty101

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 09:39 - Jun 30 by dirk_doone

That's very good news.

If that were to happen it would be amazing.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 10:11 - Jun 30 with 1429 viewsgrumpy

Yes Please...........
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 12:29 - Jun 30 with 1370 viewscocklebreath

I can’t believe there’s not a really good keeper in the Swedish or Danish league that we can get on the cheap on low wages.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 10:02 - Jul 18 with 1052 viewsareasix

We had been talking to Kasper Schmeichel but he has decided to join Celtic for European football rather than Premier football.
The search goes on but we will sign a keeper.
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 10:14 - Jul 18 with 1027 viewssaintwizzler

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 10:02 - Jul 18 by areasix

We had been talking to Kasper Schmeichel but he has decided to join Celtic for European football rather than Premier football.

And more money

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 10:25 - Jul 18 with 1003 viewsPatfromPoole

That shady charlatan Brendan Rodgers probably made noises to him about a potential coaching role.

You would think Schmeichel would have spent long enough with him at Leicester to realise his promises are empty.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 15:55 - Jul 18 with 930 viewsUTS1885

The Bazunu fan club seems to have disappeared and whilst he did ok last season, we can ill afford to have him again in the PL . That said conceding goals like we did in those last four or so seasons isn’t just down to the keeper. There was far more belief when McCarthy came in at the end of last season and he did a great job. So its a bit of a mess, if we have given McCarthy a new contract, but are still looking for a new No 1
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 18:49 - Jul 18 with 857 viewssaint22

How about the keeper who was on holiday?
Is he back now? Is he signing?
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 19:43 - Jul 18 with 824 viewscocklebreath

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 15:55 - Jul 18 by UTS1885

The Bazunu fan club seems to have disappeared and whilst he did ok last season, we can ill afford to have him again in the PL . That said conceding goals like we did in those last four or so seasons isn’t just down to the keeper. There was far more belief when McCarthy came in at the end of last season and he did a great job. So its a bit of a mess, if we have given McCarthy a new contract, but are still looking for a new No 1

He didn’t do okay last year he was f&cking sh1t

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 20:46 - Jul 18 with 799 views1ASIN12

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 19:43 - Jul 18 by cocklebreath

He didn’t do okay last year he was f&cking sh1t

Agreed , there was a video out showing all our goals and some were worse than I remembered. Even in the championship Bazunu saved Fvck all.
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 09:34 - Jul 19 with 680 viewsFlamingbankers

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 11:26 - Jun 29 by mushinexile

Yes, I'll go with that. McCarthy was the difference between going up or staying down last season and blindfolded, encased in concrete and buried at sea, he is better than Bazunu. I would like a better keeper but he hasn't been too bad for us. Sell or shoot Gavin to save costs and get somebody in in January if we need one.

Harsh and almost fair.
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 12:35 - Jul 22 with 579 viewsUTS1885

So, Martin says Mcarthy is the new No1 and there wont be another goalkeeper unless one leaves.
[Post edited 25 Jul 10:22]
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 09:50 - Jul 25 with 460 viewssaintwizzler

I want to see Alex ‘Near Post’ McCarthy do this v The Wife Beaters.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 12:15 - Jul 25 with 354 viewsdirk_doone

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 12:35 - Jul 22 by UTS1885

So, Martin says Mcarthy is the new No1 and there wont be another goalkeeper unless one leaves.

If true, that is terrible news which almost certainly condemns us to relegation. McCarthy will never leave because nobody else would take him.

Edit. No sooner had I posted this than Nick's article appeared above, saying that we are still in the hunt for a goalkeeper. There is still hope!
[Post edited 25 Jul 12:25]

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 12:23 - Jul 25 with 330 viewsSaintNick

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 12:35 - Jul 22 by UTS1885

We should all have realised by now that what managers say and what they do is too completely different things, when you are chasing a player you don't want to sound desperate, you do not want to show chinks in your armour.

So when Russell Martin is asked if he is after a keeper he can say one of several things.

1. Yes I am desperate for a keeper, I am well aware of the limitations of the current keepers and if i don't get one we are f*cked.

2. I am happy with what we have, however if one of them were to leave and the right man came up we would consider it.

I know what reply I would like and I also know that neither reply probably actually means anything, Martin is covering all bases by saying number two and he is not upsetting the current keepers.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024