Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report 01:06 - Oct 9 with 19702 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61045
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 11:17 - Oct 10 with 2567 viewsNorthernr

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 07:19 - Oct 10 by DejR_vu

Indeed, if you think back to the Inside Training videos under Warburton and those now, it’s chalk and cheese. Under MW there were technical drills on movement and patterns of play that coach players to think, find space, create options for team mates. Under GA i’ve only ever seen rondos and practice games. It is, as you say, embarrassing and it’s showing in the performances, results and frighteningly, the direction of travel. We’re getting worse and 0-4 is going to be both routine and a relief as the season progresses. I can’t see where another point comes from.

After one of our interviews with Warburton he let us stick around for training and it was a fascinating couple of hours.
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 12:58 - Oct 10 with 2365 viewsParkRoyalR

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 11:17 - Oct 10 by Northernr

After one of our interviews with Warburton he let us stick around for training and it was a fascinating couple of hours.

Do you think Warburton as a DoF is a good idea and / or has any chance of happening?
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 13:16 - Oct 10 with 2298 viewsTheChef

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 06:48 - Oct 10 by Petros

Not to defend him, but Colback in particular looked very much out of the buy-in on Saturday. That is a dressing room which has been lost.

That's the bigger concern if they've reached the stage they want to get the manager sacked (and the board aren't planning on making that sacking - yet).

I suppose playing for professional pride, or playing for the fans, goes out the window?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 13:36 - Oct 10 with 2235 viewsNorthernr

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 12:58 - Oct 10 by ParkRoyalR

Do you think Warburton as a DoF is a good idea and / or has any chance of happening?

I'd be surprised. As I said on the Eustace thread I think people are underestimating how fractured those relationships were by the end.
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 13:40 - Oct 10 with 2216 viewsNorthernr

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 12:58 - Oct 10 by ParkRoyalR

I'd be surprised. As I said on the Eustace thread I think people are underestimating how fractured those relationships were by the end.
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 13:50 - Oct 10 with 2183 viewsParkRoyalR

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 13:40 - Oct 10 by Northernr

IMO, and I have no knowledge of various goings-on and integrity of the various characters, but I think that's a real shame.

Only thing I heard was that owners were wising up to lack of output from our Academy and were on Les's case about this, don't know if that led to his resignation or how accurate this is and if they may have come to realise Warburton was right in this regards.
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 14:00 - Oct 10 with 2143 viewsTheChef

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 13:50 - Oct 10 by ParkRoyalR

IMO, and I have no knowledge of various goings-on and integrity of the various characters, but I think that's a real shame.

Only thing I heard was that owners were wising up to lack of output from our Academy and were on Les's case about this, don't know if that led to his resignation or how accurate this is and if they may have come to realise Warburton was right in this regards.

If the issue was with Les who has now gone, then maybe discussions are a little easier.

Having said that I wouldn't go back to Eustace/MW, this situation needs a fresh approach. We can't keep harping back to exes.

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 14:08 - Oct 10 with 2106 viewslondonscottish

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 09:59 - Oct 9 by Northernr

Ahhh mate I'm sorry, I've tried to keep a lid on it this season but that second goal tipped me over the edge. Embarrassing.

To be fair I ended up standing a couple of rows behind you in the 2nd half at Leeds when Adomah attempted his long throw.

I happened to look down and and your reaction at the time was excellent. I was genuinely looking forward to see how you'd put that into words and wasn't disappointed.

Feck knows how you manage to write about every game. I couldn't even face Blackburn and did something completely different.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 14:22 - Oct 10 with 2035 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 13:36 - Oct 10 by Northernr

Also, we're surely looking for an experienced and current DoF. Warburton has only two years as DoF on his CV and that spell ended ten years ago. If he hadn't worked for us before, we wouldn't be happy with that CV. As he has worked with us before, that main benefit should be that he'd have good relations with people here, and he hasn't.

I just don't see it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 14:41 - Oct 10 with 1959 viewsstainrods_elbow

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 11:17 - Oct 10 by Northernr

MW might have been a decent/hard-working coach, but he was clearly clueless when it came to turning rond our half-season decline in 2021-22, which was why, whatever else was going on behind the scenes, the Board was right not to renew his contract in my opinion. His cliches and platitudes were also becoming so tiresome I wanted to peel the leaves off the trees by the end.

That said, what wouldn't we give for just one or two well-worked triangles with Ilias Chair right now? I expect he'll be sold in January, and then we'll really be finished!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 14:45 - Oct 10 with 1964 viewsParkRoyalR

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 14:22 - Oct 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Also, we're surely looking for an experienced and current DoF. Warburton has only two years as DoF on his CV and that spell ended ten years ago. If he hadn't worked for us before, we wouldn't be happy with that CV. As he has worked with us before, that main benefit should be that he'd have good relations with people here, and he hasn't.

I just don't see it.

I think we need more than an experienced DoF.

We need an individual who will single-handedly raise standards in every department of our club.

We need a strong willed character in the mould of a Ferguson who when he walks into the Training Ground, Clubshop or Box Office people straighten their backs as they know they are working for someone who expects the highest standards.

Or (one of many examples I could give) when we give the Toilet Refurbishment Project to an aggregates company that can't even order the bogs on time, hauls the person in who incompetently awarded them the contract and holds them to account.

So many aspects of our club I have seen first hand are beyond amateurish and that's being kind.

We need someone who understands football yes, but more importantly has drive and a work ethic and will raise the standards and professionalism in every facet of our club.

Warburton, given his previous non-football career and his passion and drive to follow his dream, strikes me as this person.

Obviously there are others (the likes of Ferguson, Postecoglou seems that type, etc) but with our owners being the sons of wealthy men, and having other interests worldwide, we need strong day to day leadership (7am to 9pm), otherwise we will continue to stagnate and decline.
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 14:53 - Oct 10 with 1936 viewsGalileo

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 14:45 - Oct 10 by ParkRoyalR

We need an individual who will single-handedly raise standards in every department of our club.

We need a strong willed character in the mould of a Ferguson who when he walks into the Training Ground, Clubshop or Box Office people straighten their backs as they know they are working for someone who expects the highest standards.

Or (one of many examples I could give) when we give the Toilet Refurbishment Project to an aggregates company that can't even order the bogs on time, hauls the person in who incompetently awarded them the contract and holds them to account.

So many aspects of our club I have seen first hand are beyond amateurish and that's being kind.

We need someone who understands football yes, but more importantly has drive and a work ethic and will raise the standards and professionalism in every facet of our club.

Warburton, given his previous non-football career and his passion and drive to follow his dream, strikes me as this person.

Obviously there are others (the likes of Ferguson, Postecoglou seems that type, etc) but with our owners being the sons of wealthy men, and having other interests worldwide, we need strong day to day leadership (7am to 9pm), otherwise we will continue to stagnate and decline.

" but with our owners being the sons of wealthy men, and having other interests worldwide, we need strong day to day leadership (7am to 9pm), otherwise we will continue to stagnate and decline"

This first line encapsulates their standing.
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 15:04 - Oct 10 with 1888 viewsCamberleyR

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 14:45 - Oct 10 by ParkRoyalR

Sounds like you think he should be CEO which I don't think would be the worst idea actually. Given his financial background he understands money and budgets.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 15:13 - Oct 10 with 1846 viewsParkRoyalR

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 15:04 - Oct 10 by CamberleyR

Sounds like you think he should be CEO which I don't think would be the worst idea actually. Given his financial background he understands money and budgets.

We need someone who's got a clue what they're doing,

In my work, I broadly catergorise people into groups based on two key criteria,

Those 'who get it' and those 'who give a fxxk'.

Warburton, through his working career, early starts, and the way he carries himself both 'gets it' and 'gives a fxxk' in my opinion.

Appointing him in whatever capacity, ideally DoF, would be a significant improvement imo on our current position.
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 15:48 - Oct 10 with 1756 viewsstainrods_elbow

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 14:53 - Oct 10 by Galileo

" but with our owners being the sons of wealthy men, and having other interests worldwide, we need strong day to day leadership (7am to 9pm), otherwise we will continue to stagnate and decline"

This first line encapsulates their standing.

Ruben strikes me as fat, vague and lazy, Amit as bright-eyed, naively well-meaning but probably a bit stupid, and Lee Hoos (whisper it) as a bit of a c*nt. Then again, I might be getting generous in my old age.

We have a manager whose incompetence in setting up a credible and competitive team seems to mainly result in him telling us how he's going to graft even harder than he's already grafting, which is grafting to the Lord God of Grafting Gods, a transfer 'war chest' about as voluptuously enticing as an anorexic smack addict's, and an Academy + 'Development' squad that develops the square root of nothing. An international forward who scores once in a blue moon. His half-blind rookie partner who more and more resembles Devon White without the fun (and goals). A sulky, selfish and out of sorts no. 10 (and his degenerate startlet mate). A walking red card of an ex-Prem has-been midfield 'enforcer'. Meanwhile, Field's lost his shield, Dozzell's in a daze, and Kakay's frankly kaka.

I guess all we can do now is light the (Reggie) cannon and hope we find some balls.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2023 15:49]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 16:10 - Oct 10 with 1718 viewsLongRanger

Agree with that, but think this is an Operations Director you're after and I agree we need, especially if staying at Loftus Road. There should also be a DOF that is focussed on all footballing matters and then potentially a CEO overseeing them, That would then enable our Chairman (Amit) and Owner (Ruben) to step away, other than for a monthly board meeting review.
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 16:25 - Oct 10 with 1667 viewsParkRoyalR

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 15:48 - Oct 10 by stainrods_elbow

Ruben strikes me as fat, vague and lazy, Amit as bright-eyed, naively well-meaning but probably a bit stupid, and Lee Hoos (whisper it) as a bit of a c*nt. Then again, I might be getting generous in my old age.

We have a manager whose incompetence in setting up a credible and competitive team seems to mainly result in him telling us how he's going to graft even harder than he's already grafting, which is grafting to the Lord God of Grafting Gods, a transfer 'war chest' about as voluptuously enticing as an anorexic smack addict's, and an Academy + 'Development' squad that develops the square root of nothing. An international forward who scores once in a blue moon. His half-blind rookie partner who more and more resembles Devon White without the fun (and goals). A sulky, selfish and out of sorts no. 10 (and his degenerate startlet mate). A walking red card of an ex-Prem has-been midfield 'enforcer'. Meanwhile, Field's lost his shield, Dozzell's in a daze, and Kakay's frankly kaka.

I guess all we can do now is light the (Reggie) cannon and hope we find some balls.

Very funny, if slightly depressing.

Reminds me the time we got a 4 hour grilling (shooing) from a client and the half-wit I was with thought he'd close the meeting from our side by asking....

'Can we take any positives'?

Cue a further verbal shooing all the way to the lift and out the front door!
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 01:04 - Oct 11 with 1493 viewsPunteR

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 14:22 - Oct 10 by BrianMcCarthy

I just don't see it.

Thats 2 years more than Les when they decided to appoint him.

The main benefit to working with us before is he knows what a bunch of numptys the owners are and they know he wont take any of their sh*t.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 02:48 - Oct 11 with 1467 viewsMatch82

I just don't see it.

I don't know, are we?

I'd assume a director of football who wants to come to us is going to be one of these things:
1. Young, hungry and looking for a chance to prove themselves
2. Experienced but unsuccessful at a similar or larger size club
3. In it for the money

Let's start with 3, we don't have any. Which leaves 1 or 2.

With players there's always option 4: successful in a smaller team and looking for a step up in quality/challenge. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think many lower league have a DoF model, so I would assume that rules option 4 out?

I'd love to get a highly successful DoF who's been there and done it, but I just don't see why they'd want to come here?
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 07:34 - Oct 11 with 1400 viewsThe_Beast1976

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 15:48 - Oct 10 by stainrods_elbow

The first paragraph is probably very accurate. Indeed, Bhatia certainly strikes me as an incompetent idiot who certainly wouldn't be allowed anywhere near running a business if his father and/or father in law didn't have loads of money.

Suspect the rest of your post isn't far off either.
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 10:33 - Oct 11 with 1240 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 13:50 - Oct 10 by ParkRoyalR

How come Ramsey is still there then?
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 10:42 - Oct 11 with 1210 viewsozexile

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 02:48 - Oct 11 by Match82

I don't know, are we?

I'd assume a director of football who wants to come to us is going to be one of these things:
1. Young, hungry and looking for a chance to prove themselves
2. Experienced but unsuccessful at a similar or larger size club
3. In it for the money

Let's start with 3, we don't have any. Which leaves 1 or 2.

With players there's always option 4: successful in a smaller team and looking for a step up in quality/challenge. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think many lower league have a DoF model, so I would assume that rules option 4 out?

I'd love to get a highly successful DoF who's been there and done it, but I just don't see why they'd want to come here?

The Elephant in the room regarding a new DOF is that if he's worth his salt he's not gonna want Ainsworth there.
If he doesn't mind Ainsworth then he's no director of Football!
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 10:49 - Oct 11 with 1151 viewsTheChef

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 10:42 - Oct 11 by ozexile

The Elephant in the room regarding a new DOF is that if he's worth his salt he's not gonna want Ainsworth there.

All depends how you define the word football.

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 11:51 - Oct 11 with 1053 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 10:42 - Oct 11 by ozexile

Director of Hoofball?
Each goal more farcical and easier to score than the last - Report on 13:13 - Oct 11 with 929 viewsJordanFoster

Couldn't agree with this more.

[Post edited 11 Oct 2023 16:41]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024