Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Choose the form of the destructor — Report 16:11 - Mar 5 with 9498 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/59761
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 22:26 - Mar 5 with 3355 viewsCateLeBonR

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 21:00 - Mar 5 by Northernr

I think there's a line to draw here between before, during and after the game.

I'm going to support them, during the game, to try and encourage them towards doing better. I'd agree with you and everybody else here that when you have fans booing their own player during the game, for instance, that's entirely counter productive. I'm going to sing and applaud and hopefully celebrate. I'm going because you hope coming out and seeing an away end packed out regardless might inspire them. I'm going because somebody has to, because if nobody does then your club dies. I'm going, personally, often because it's the job of running this site, but I can't pretend I don't enjoy it, or don't want to go, or don't get the little buzz still on Saturday morning.

But when you do all of that, and they let you down again, they play like they did at Hull, they humiliate you and leave you standing there surrounded by baying morons giving it the "hold me back Dave" routine behind the steward line, they go out to Reign on a Saturday night and drop £5k deposit on the door, and you go back to work to save up for Blackpool away, and then you clap them off at the end regardless? It's alien to me, I'm sorry. Is there not a little bone in your body that thinks "fck them"? Look at how they're playing, look at what they're doing. Do you not think/worry that clapping them off at the end regardless tells them this is all acceptable and ok, when it's absolutely fcking not?

This post has been edited by an administrator

I guess my point is that clapping at the beginning and end of games is pretty meaningless at the best of times, in the sense that it's a routine. A ritual.

Like I said last few games I've left at FT without looking back. It's never been the same since Yoann Barbet was released anyway tbh. Although I do like to clap Seny even now.

When we lose 3-1 to Watford on Saturday, I might just stay back and fold my arms and stare at the fckers.
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 22:27 - Mar 5 with 3343 viewsdaveB

I'll be honest I don't remember them belong clapped off at the end, quite the opposite, was near silence apart from a few people telling them all to feck off. When Taylor Richards was getting stick and clearly upset Dunne came over and a few fans clapped to try and encourage them but i'm not sure anyone was clapping to say well played everyone, you did a great job.
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 22:38 - Mar 5 with 3290 viewsmart_Goblin

Loads of good points well made.
My ‘supporters being criticised by supporters….” Post was a little tongue in cheek because I didn’t clap them off last Saturday when I was there. I was fuming, so I get people spending their time and money, going away week after week and being let down badly by this lot, not clapping them off.
The point I was trying to make is if some people want to clap certain players for their efforts despite them being dragged down by the rest, then you can’t have a go at fans for that .
I know my dad for example refused to call the team a few weeks back but did them clap Chris Martin who he thought at least put in a shift.
Personally I’m sick of most of this bunch for many reasons and I think they should start digging out of their own pockets to the fans that go up and down the country week after week .
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 01:36 - Mar 6 with 3137 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Most gutting part of the game was Armstrong's goal getting chalked off.

Never wanted someone to score more.
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 07:05 - Mar 6 with 3027 viewsQPROslo

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 19:36 - Mar 5 by Northernr

I'm not abusing, nor do I want the players to be abused, I was genuinely asking the question, because I'm fascinated, what are you applauding? What would this team have to do for them not get clapped off at the end? One win in 20 games.

I watch our games on the live stream only now, so to an extent I'm not qualified to answer. But I've been to many, many QPR games from the mid seventies and to many VÃ¥lerenga games, my Norwegian team, in the 2000's. I can't remember ever watching us play and thinking all or most haven't been trying their best. Win or lose I always applaud them at the end. My recollection is most of the support did too, with naturally less enthusiasm after several bad results. But even in those bad games there are almost always a few who have done well, tried something exceptional or played above expectations. The players come over to clap and applaud the fans at the end of games, even more so in Oslo, so for supporters not to applaud the players back seems very small, and it's hardly giving encouragement for the upcoming games. Even Saturday which I thought was our worst overall performance of the season there was much to applaud. Drewe's league debut, Tim's superb control of the ball at a tight angle and attempted volley on goal, Stefan's volley very well saved, Lowes pen, hard in the corner after sending the Keeper the wrong way (and far better than Hugills which Seny could have saved simply if he'd stayed where he was), Seny's saves and excellent catching of dangerous crosses, Dunne's efforts both at the back, plus his 2 efforts on their goal and the leadership he showed.
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 08:57 - Mar 6 with 2893 viewswestberksr

cheers Clive

I have the misfortune of being able to attend the Watford math and at least your reports are helping me to mentally galvanise myself for what is likely to be served up.

oh well, at least I can have a pint in the pub before and afterwards.

do you have the Samaritans on speed dial?
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 11:36 - Mar 6 with 2691 viewsSuperhoop83

Queens Park Rangers 2022/23:

Suffering since 1978.

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 14:15 - Mar 6 with 2498 viewsR_from_afar

Tyler Roberts is worth £4.5m?

He wouldn’t be worth that if he had the Star of India diamond stuck up one nostril and the Koh-i-Noor diamond stuck up the other.

At the moment, we’re like an ostrich…in a pigeon race.

Kill me now.

PS: Thanks for the match report, they are always insightful. I do think they need to carry some sort of health warning or viewing certificate at the moment, though.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 16:17 - Mar 6 with 2343 viewsPinnerPaul

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 19:36 - Mar 5 by Northernr

I'm not abusing, nor do I want the players to be abused, I was genuinely asking the question, because I'm fascinated, what are you applauding? What would this team have to do for them not get clapped off at the end? One win in 20 games.

He's answered that - "put in a shift and trying" - if you don't think they are fair enough but some obviously do. When they think they aren't they won't clap.

Agree with others - its about 125th on the list of importance right now.
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 16:18 - Mar 6 with 2339 viewsNorthernr

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 16:17 - Mar 6 by PinnerPaul

He's answered that - "put in a shift and trying" - if you don't think they are fair enough but some obviously do. When they think they aren't they won't clap.

Agree with others - its about 125th on the list of importance right now.

yeh not important at all, I was just curious.

Meanwhile...

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 16:24 - Mar 6 with 2311 viewsPinnerPaul

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 16:18 - Mar 6 by Northernr

Meanwhile...

Thanks for posting that and apologies if my post was a bit aggy - its getting to us all this run!

Can't watch even the highlights of (another) defeat so hadn't seen that - like something someone does in an Under 8s match!
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 19:20 - Mar 6 with 2129 viewsQPunkR

Meanwhile...

FML. Thankfully I didnt manage to watch on Sat but that is even worse than you made it sound in the report. That is verging on unforgiveable and just sums up our squad

QPR - "shit but local"

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 10:42 - Mar 7 with 1690 viewscpgerber

Could/should we be looking at recalling Conor Masterson? I thought he was decent enough when he played a season or two ago.
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 10:51 - Mar 7 with 1660 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 10:42 - Mar 7 by cpgerber

Could/should we be looking at recalling Conor Masterson? I thought he was decent enough when he played a season or two ago.

Apparently the DoF didn't include a recall clause. Still learning on the job I guess.
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 11:51 - Mar 7 with 1604 viewsngbqpr

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 16:24 - Mar 6 by PinnerPaul

Thanks for posting that and apologies if my post was a bit aggy - its getting to us all this run!

Can't watch even the highlights of (another) defeat so hadn't seen that - like something someone does in an Under 8s match!

In a u8s match, the coach would need to pop on the pitch to tie the laces of the beleaguered player.

Critchley no doubt thinking "that's where I went wrong."

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 11:59 - Mar 7 with 1578 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Meanwhile...

Jesus, not seen this before. Taking the f@#king Michael. What we could do with Barbet, head strapped, leading the charge.
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 17:49 - Mar 7 with 1418 viewsBklynRanger

Good report again - the exhaustion is palpable.

The only thing that can save us now, I think, is luck.

Not even normal luck, but luck at both ends in the same game. The ball bobbles in off Chris Martin's big arse, and Preston are so fixated on their new time wasting routines that they blaze all four of their sitters wide.

And we need that to happen at least a couple of times. Not impossible (but not that likely either).
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 18:22 - Mar 7 with 1396 viewsNorthernr

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 17:49 - Mar 7 by BklynRanger

Good report again - the exhaustion is palpable.

The only thing that can save us now, I think, is luck.

Not even normal luck, but luck at both ends in the same game. The ball bobbles in off Chris Martin's big arse, and Preston are so fixated on their new time wasting routines that they blaze all four of their sitters wide.

And we need that to happen at least a couple of times. Not impossible (but not that likely either).

The bottom 3 are sht. Like properly sht. Won 3 of 50 between them or something daft. We need them to stay sht for another 6 weeks, and not to fck up when we play them. That’s our best chance.
Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 19:42 - Mar 7 with 1323 viewsterryb

Choose the form of the destructor — Report on 10:51 - Mar 7 by Wegerles_Stairs

Apparently the DoF didn't include a recall clause. Still learning on the job I guess.

I think you will find that you can't include a recall clause!

If it is a season's loan you can recall in January, but that is the only time.

Da Silva returned as his loan agreement came to an end, not because he was recalled.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2023 19:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024